The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
seanmichaels
Adam D
superflyweight
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
14 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul - 11:23

First topic message reminder :

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Insects, anyone?

Cooking tips?

Action netball?

I don't play action netball!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 8:32

You're too kind, Tino.

Why is there no such thing as a seagull? Doesn't Jonathan Livingstone Seagull count?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 8:32

Cheers, pal (Superfly)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 8:35

JuliusHMarx wrote:You're too kind, Tino.

Why is there no such thing as a seagull? Doesn't Jonathan Livingstone Seagull count?

It's just a generic name given to gulls seeing as they mostly live by the sea. There are lots of different gulls (herring, black backed etc etc) but not an actual bird called a 'seagull'.

It's no big deal though, Julius. Just a technicality.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 18 Jul - 8:44

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:Many thanks Galted, you have now replaced superfly as my current favourite culture cup member.

That hurts!

Sorry superfly, but life is fickle and to quote Janet Jackson "what have you done for me lately?"

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 8:50

Are you part of the Rhythm Nation Jeff?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 18 Jul - 8:53

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What type of gull was it?  As you well know, technically there is no such thing as seagull.  

Quite difficult to tell as it is now inside out.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 18 Jul - 8:55

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:Many thanks Galted, you have now replaced superfly as my current favourite culture cup member.

That hurts!

Sorry superfly, but life is fickle and to quote Janet Jackson "what have you done for me lately?"

I thought about responding to your request for info on London. I couldn't be bothered actually responding but it's the thought that counts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 18 Jul - 8:56

JuliusHMarx wrote:Are you part of the Rhythm Nation Jeff?

I'm one fifth of the Miami Sound Machine.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 9:00

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What type of gull was it?  As you well know, technically there is no such thing as seagull.  

You're in Suffolk, right? Probably a herring gull or a black headed gull as they tend to come inland more but wouldn't rule out a common gull although they tend to stick to coastal areas.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 18 Jul - 9:11

superflyweight wrote:
Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That hurts!

I thought about responding to your request for info on London.  I couldn't be bothered actually responding but it's the thought that counts.  

I do feel a bit bad now for Galted. There was an offer on groupon yesterday we quite fancied so it now looks like we might not be going to London. Galted's considerable effort may have been to waste. If we could all avoid mentioning this to him it would be much appreciated.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 18 Jul - 9:22

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

You're in Suffolk, right?  Probably a herring gull or a black headed gull as they tend to come inland more but wouldn't rule out a common gull although they tend to stick to coastal areas.

I'm quite near the coast, the one that crapped on me was a right big bugger so I'd rule out the common gull as they are usually smaller. I would say it is probably a herring gull or perhaps a yellow-legged gull, which of course have only recently been recognised as a species in their own right, having previously been considered to be a race of herring gull.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 9:25

Rowley wrote:If we could all avoid mentioning this to him it would be much appreciated.

Very considerate Jeff. To quote Janet Jackson "Let's wait awhile"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 9:25

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

You're in Suffolk, right?  Probably a herring gull or a black headed gull as they tend to come inland more but wouldn't rule out a common gull although they tend to stick to coastal areas.

I'm quite near the coast, the one that crapped on me was a right big bugger so I'd rule out the common gull as they are usually smaller. I would say it is probably a herring gull or perhaps a yellow-legged gull, which of course have only recently been recognised as a species in their own right, having previously been considered to be a race of herring gull.

Good knowledge, Union. Almost like you looked it up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 9:30

Morning lads. Especially good one today, as its my birthday.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 9:31

kingraf wrote:Morning lads. Especially good one today, as its my birthday.

Happy birthday Raf!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 9:31

He must have looked it up Tino. We're not that gull-ible.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 18 Jul - 9:32

Morning Raf, all the best mate...

Unless that was a Red Herring (Gull)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 9:34

Happy Birthday kr!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 18 Jul - 9:34

Happy birthday Raf.

My tern for a terrible pun.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 9:42

No red herring, it's my birthday. Had some chocolate cake at the office this morning. Stale. Bloody Bastards.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 9:46

kingraf wrote:No red herring, it's my birthday. Had some chocolate cake at the office this morning. Stale. Bloody Bastards.

What are you getting for pressies?  

I can't believe it's been 5 years since my 20th birthday.  Where has the time gone.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 9:50

kingraf wrote:No red herring, it's my birthday. Had some chocolate cake at the office this morning. Stale. Bloody Bastards.

I can't believe it's been 5 years since my 20th birthday.  Where has the time gone.

No idea. Bird is taking me out for dinner and a movie, but I'm paying, so I don't know if that counts.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 9:51

kingraf wrote:

No idea. Bird is taking me out for dinner and a movie, but I'm paying, so I don't know if that counts.

F*cking yoof of today.

No class.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 9:53

kingraf wrote:

Er, no - that means you're taking her out. She's quite clever by the sound of it.

Tino, I can't believe it's been 5 years since your 20th birthday either. In fact, I don't believe it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 18 Jul - 9:53

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I can't believe it's been 25 years since my 20th birthday.  Where has the time gone.

Corrected that for you.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 9:54

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I can't believe it's been 25 years since my 20th birthday.  Where has the time gone.

Corrected that for you.

Up yours, Cane.  You're sporting me a couple of years, despite your rather tragic lie on your 'age'.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 18 Jul - 9:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I meant age, of course.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 9:56

kingraf wrote:

F*cking yoof of today.

No class.
It's very key that she understands we aren't officially in a relationship. So, bird, vagabond, the lady. It keeps the romance alive. Although, having had her over for the past week, I'm glad she's going back to her enclosure tomorrow.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 18 Jul - 10:00

Sounds like you'll be going through a series of tragically meaningless stop-gap relationships, whilst desperately hoping in vain that the one true love of your life will get divorced one day.
Did I say 'Happy Birthday' yet? Enjoy!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 18 Jul - 10:08

Happy birthday Raf. Now you are out of your teen years I hope we will not have any more talk of white bits in your hair or use of hash tags. No excuse now you have hit adulthood.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 10:09

bog off Julius.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 10:16

Thanks Geoffrey. The hair is still blonde tipped though. But thank you.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 10:20

kingraf wrote:Thanks Geoffrey. The hair is still blonde tipped though. But thank you.

I was going to suggest to the board that we upgrade you from 'associate' to 'full' member as a birthday treat.

But, having read that post, you can f*ck right off.

Happy birthday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Jul - 10:20

Happy Birthday, Raf.  cake 

It was probably one of those cakes that spent considerable time in deep freeze and then got thawed out for the cutting ceremony.

Unless it was stale before it was frozen?

Disturbing.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 18 Jul - 10:27

kingraf wrote:Thanks Geoffrey. The hair is still blonde tipped though. But thank you.

I might start using the phrase blond tipped as a euphemism for going grey.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Jul - 10:32

Had the grumpiest pool builder ever here today. He started off with 3 negative whinges (about nothing important) before lifting a finger.

Feck, I'm sick of all of this lack of communication. His Boss kept saying to me "no prolems", ffs!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 10:33

Thanks LB. It was in the fridge, but how long it was there for, I know not. it's all rather disappointing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 10:39

Very Cosmopolitan euphemism Geoff. I expect it to catch on swiftly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 11:09

What's everyone up to this weekend? My guesses are here:

Raf: Sh*gging most of the time as he is young and it's his birthday. He's gonna party like it's his birthday. He's gonna drink bacardi like it's his birthday.

Jeff: Watching TSMR on a monitor as she jogs. A nice warm bath whilst he reads a few pages of a boxing book on Chinese light-flyweights of the post WWI era.

Jules: Game of octogenarian tennis followed by a very long sleep. Probably around 40 hours worth of shut eye.

Superfly: Trying to cope with his daughter whilst looking around Edinburgh for the bloke his missus is having an affair with. Quite possibly spending Saturday afternoon in the pubic triangle.

Rick: Spraying graffiti around Bradford with random capital letters whist eating his way through 'dishes of the North'.

Union: Making a list of what he needs to do over the weekend. Then making a reverse lineal list of all the lists he has made over the last decade. Then playing kerplunk with TIMC and counting the sticks.

Sean: Trying not to p*ss himself and waving his hands around at fat girls telling them he is a German football manager.

Galted: Fingering his cat whilst wearing nothing but a practical coat and sturdy but uninspiring shoes. Also pretending to be a woman on 606v3.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 18 Jul - 11:12

I have quite the busy weekend Tina. Tomorrow evening I am going to watch Planet of the Apes. Sunday in the day I will be out with TSMR and the inlaws in the pub. Tomorrow in the day I will indeed have a bath. Some John Coltrane and a biography of Jimmy Barry may well feature.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 11:15

Rowley wrote:I have quite the busy weekend Tina. Tomorrow evening I am going to watch Planet of the Apes. Sunday in the day I will be out with TSMR and the inlaws in the pub. Tomorrow in the day I will indeed have a bath. Some John Coltrane and a biography of Jimmy Barry may well feature.

I'll be interested in your review of that.  I quite fancy watching it.  Your film choices are one of the few many things I respect about you, Jeff, so your comments may well be the deal breaker for me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 18 Jul - 11:18

I down south, In Nottingham, though realsie that this is somewhere near Newcastle for you Londeners.

I will be chilling tonight with friends, and then going to a party to make up numbers, which sounds as though it could be a blinder...

I am guessing Tino that yours involves one of your numerous brood

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 11:22

rick_dagless wrote:

I am guessing Tino that yours involves one of your numerous brood

Two children's parties on Saturday. Morning and afternoon. Eldest daughters ballet show in the evening. A christening on Sunday.

Rock and roll, Dagless, rock and f*cking roll.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 18 Jul - 11:23

If my knee can stand up to a few practice swings this evening I will be playing Action Golf tomorrow, which is like normal golf but you play in a thunder storm with the associated risk of death by lightning. Gripped. Sorted.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 18 Jul - 11:23

Quite serendipitous Geoffrey. I'm also going to watch the new Planet of the Apes movie tonight. Then dinner. Then we go out.

Very accurate on the shag bit Tina.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 18 Jul - 11:24

kingraf wrote:

Very accurate on the shag bit Tina.

Lucky bastard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 18 Jul - 12:00

Tino wrote:Rock and roll, Dagless, rock and f*cking roll.

Boom, though could still be better than playing rent-a-crowd at a party of someone I have never met.

I always get cornered in a fecking kitchen...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 18 Jul - 12:01

Bog off windows.

need a shower as I'm sweating like savile at scout camp. Then off to pick up 200kg of loam for use on the square. Good day yesterday, was watering pitch and on 2 seperate occasions i was brought a beer by the locals.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 18 Jul - 12:29

Superfly: Trying to cope with his daughter whilst looking around Edinburgh for the bloke his missus is having an affair with. Quite possibly spending Saturday afternoon in the pubic triangle.

Wrong. I have no intention of ever trying to find the bloke as it would only confirm that she's made the right choice!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 18 Jul - 12:32

Fish and chips Friday (with mushy peas)...

Always a a pleasure.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jul - 12:39

Where you getting decent Fish and Chips from in Bradford

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next