The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is it...

+12
Diggers
Roller_Coaster
pedro
MustPuttBetter
hend085
lorus59
incontinentia
Bob_the_Job
SmithersJones
super_realist
Davie
BlueCoverman
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Why is it... - Page 4 Empty Why is it...

Post by BlueCoverman Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

...that when there is the slightest bit of handbags a thread gets locked?

Just curious that's all...I notice there has only been 1 post on the golf forum in the 16 hours since the 'Farewell' thread was brought to a halt.

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Why is it... - Page 4 Empty Re: Why is it...

Post by BlueCoverman Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:30 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:
BlueCoverman wrote:And I married an Essex girl!

I married a scouser, beat that!

No fair enough, you've got me there!  Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 am

incontinentia wrote:That's not the point pedro. If you have the opinion that a certain group of people are inferior to yourself (regardless of whether they can control it or not) doesn't that by definition make you a bigot?

Are all men, by definition rapists? My rule is that you become a bigot when you act in a manner, based solely on that opinion to the disadvantage of a member of that group, when the characteristic that defines the group has no bearing.

Not hiring a fat bloke to be a jockey - makes you pragmatic.
Not hiring a fat bloke to be your accountant just because you don't like fat people - makes you wrong.
Taking the wee wee out of any group on an internet forum in a funny and droll manner - priceless.

Although I'm with Mac here - S_R needs some fresh material.
But I'm with S_R too - some people need to grow a sense of perspective.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:46 am

Since when did it become 'not allowed' to think you're better or worse than someone else??

Inco, you'd consider yourself superior to a bigot I assume? Does that makes you a bigot??!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:27 am

Bob_the_Job wrote:
incontinentia wrote:That's not the point pedro. If you have the opinion that a certain group of people are inferior to yourself (regardless of whether they can control it or not) doesn't that by definition make you a bigot?

Are all men, by definition rapists?  My rule is that you become a bigot when you act in a manner, based solely on that opinion to the disadvantage of a member of that group, when the characteristic that defines the group has no bearing.  

Not hiring a fat bloke to be a jockey - makes you pragmatic.
Not hiring a fat bloke to be your accountant just because you don't like fat people - makes you wrong.
Taking the wee wee out of any group on an internet forum in a funny and droll manner - priceless.

Although I'm with Mac here - S_R needs some fresh material.
But I'm with S_R too - some people need to grow a sense of perspective.
Amen (whoops, sorry!).
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:28 am

McLaren wrote:I have skimmed this thread as it is too long to read all the posts and properly catch up on all the points being made.  But here are my thoughts.

Regardless of whether super is being racist/xenophobic/discriminatory.....whatever, his stock response to any thread involving the irish, Tiger or Shane Lowrey is becoming very tiresome.  The jokes are old and were never particularly interesting or funny. So Super, can you please try and use some new material next time these subjects arise?

If "new material" is something along the lines of becoming Bestiality correspondent for 606 as you seem to have taken on, then no thanks, I'll stick to my old stuff.

Leprechaun                                                                                                                                                   Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum