The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro?

5 posters

Go down

Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro? Empty Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro?

Post by theanimal316 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:13 am

How far do you think he would go if he turned pro? Has he left it too late in his career at 27 to make the transition? I personally would love to see it, he has a big fanbase and an exciting style.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro? Empty Re: Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro?

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:21 am

He will def turn pro after Rio. At the min he is being funded to the tune of over 40k a year salary off the AIBA and sponsored by D&G at the WSB. Some pros don't even make money like that after hittin euro level. All Barnes has to do is guarantee he wins medals. But I think if he does well in Rio then he will cash out. Remember Shimming is far older and seems to be getting better each fight.

Depends how Framptons career goes here as well . If he hits the skids then Barnes could never head a big show. But he could be a great support act in that stable
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro? Empty Re: Paddy Barnes - how would he fare as a pro?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:29 am

I think he's doing the right thing if hes on that much + sponsorship and expenses.

A nice steady income is what any boxer craves for.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 08 Aug 2014, 9:59 pm

He talked about how great Framptons career is and said he wouldn't mind a bit of the same. I think the time was ripe after the last Olympics and he may never change over now.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 09 Aug 2014, 1:38 am

No point in him going pro now. Only the really top talents could make a fist of going pro when they are in their late twenties.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down