The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying

+16
seanmichaels
Good Golly I'm Olly
mystiroakey
Fernando
Hero
Trebs
Hulking_up
sikhlion
owen10ozzy
Born Slippy
Calder106
The Special Juan
bogbrush
CaledonianCraig
Gerry SA
Bull
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying

Post by Fernando Tue 19 Aug 2014, 3:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

The 2014 Belgian GP preview: Everything you need to know about this weekend's race!
The F1 action resumes after the summer break at the legendary Spa-Francorchamps circuit.
So read on below as Sky Sports Online provides your one-stop shop for everything you need to know about the grand prix weekend.

The 2014 Belgian GP in a nutshell
Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. Permanent circuit.
Race start time: 1pm UK time Sunday (2pm local).
Laps: 44.
Track length: 7.004 km.
Tyre allocation: Medium (white) and soft (yellow). 
DRS Zones: Two with separate detection points – pit straight and Kemmel Straight.
Driver steward: TBA.
Lap record: Sebastian Vettel - 1:47.263 (Red Bull; 2009).
2013 pole: Lewis Hamilton - 2:01.012 (Mercedes).
Form guide
Kimi Raikkonen is the most successful of the current drivers in Belgium, having won the race on four occasions. However, he still trails Michael Schumacher who is out in front with six victories.
Sebastian Vettel is the only other multiple winner amongst those on the 2014 grid having stood atop the podium in 2011 and 2013.
2013 result: 1. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull); 2. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari); 3. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes); 4. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes); 5. Mark Webber (Red Bull); 6. Jenson Button (McLaren); 7. Felipe Massa (Ferrari); 8. Romain Grosjean (Lotus); 9. Adrian Sutil (Force India); 10. Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso).
Last five winners in Belgium: 2013: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull); 2012: Jenson Button (McLaren); 2011: Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull); 2010: Lewis Hamilton (McLaren); 2009: Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari).
Pirelli will bring the white-marked medium and yellow-banded soft tyres to Spa-Francorchamps – a step softer with both compounds than last year.
“Spa is one of the most epic circuits of the year, and a track we know well from our experience of GT racing at the Spa 24 Hours too,” Pirelli Motorsport Director Paul Hembery said. 
“This is because of the length of the lap, meaning also that strategy is a very big factor in Spa: there is more time to be won and lost by being on the right tyre at the right time than at many other venues. It’s the sort of race where, under the right circumstances, it’s absolutely possible to go from last to first – and that always makes for a very exciting grand prix.”“An adaptable tyre is the key element, able to work equally well within the very wide range of track and weather conditions that we often see in Belgium. Despite the fact that tyre wear and degradation is traditionally high at Spa – the result of the multiple energy loadings put through the tyres – we have been able to nominate the soft tyres here as well as the medium for the first time since 2011, with the softer option liable to be the preferred choice in qualifying due to a significant time gap. 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

Racing incident between team mates . you idiots crack me up. You think lh should roll for him last race . because the team is more important. Then when they race and crash which was 100% rosbergs fault is a racing incident.

You couldn't make this up. Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying - Page 2 Empty Re: Belgian GP Thread - Containing Spoilers of Race & Qualifying

Post by Bull Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:32 pm

Dude no point in calling someone an idiot about that, unbelievable.

Respect each other's opinions and move on. No need for name calling.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:36 pm

It was a racing incident but again showed rosberg a lack of overtaking ability. It's killed Hamilton and his race, f1 fans are the losers. Rosberg locking up, average stuff passed by bottas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:37 pm

OK only Gerry can sometimes be an idiot.

Point remains.

Vettel being done by Riccardo as well. Yet vettel helping him out hugely. Rosberg just can not overtake the best out there.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:40 pm

Idiot am I?

I deal in facts. Roberg set for podium whereas hypejob Hamilton will struggle to get any points.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:42 pm

Not at this rate.

Damage to his car I suspect. Vettel doing a good job, defending a wounded Merc is one thing, a Williams another.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:43 pm

Sounds like Hamiltons contemplating retiring to save the engine.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:43 pm

Hamilton wanting to pull out. Bit petulant frankly.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:44 pm

Gerry u do talk some nonsense.

Hamilton thinking about saving the engine.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:44 pm

Nah, you look at Vettel whos nailed onto take at least 1 penalty for exceeding use.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:45 pm

bogbrush wrote:Hamilton wanting to pull out. Bit petulant frankly.

It's called saving the engine to avoid going into a sixth unit & being penalised in the rules later on in year

Some idiots on here today. Clueless

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

I just about pooed myself there, let alone Alonso
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:48 pm

Rosberg flying now, jumped Kimi and Vettel
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:50 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Idiot am I?

I deal in facts. Roberg set for podium whereas hypejob Hamilton will struggle to get any points.

Yes you luv a sum sometimes. Specifically on a different sport.

But this race has gone t1ts up for merc due to that 'racing incident'

And let's not pretend that if it was the other way round you wouldn't be blaming LH for being overly aggressive.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

Can we calm it down now please.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:51 pm

John wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Hamilton wanting to pull out. Bit petulant frankly.

It's called saving the engine to avoid going into a sixth unit & being penalised in the rules later on in year

Some idiots on here today. Clueless
He's been whining about everything since the incident - the tyres would go, etc.

Calm down.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm

Well rosberg is flying now. Nothing wrong with that car

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:55 pm

Mysti no we wouldn't as it was clearly a racing incident and we know to know to move on from unlike most people here who keep bringing it back up.

As they say in frozen "let it go"

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm

Yes, they pulled him in early 2nd time and seems to have fixed it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm

Bull wrote:Mysti no we wouldn't as it was clearly a racing incident and we know to know to move on from unlike most people here who keep bringing it back up.

As they say in frozen "let it go"

Let it go yourself. I wasn't even talking to you. Its clear as day the incident was caused due to rosbergs mistake. Just accept it and move on.
You can celebrate his pt advantage later on..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:00 pm

Okay mysti I respect your opinion. No idea why I would be celebrating when I'm a Ferrari fan but okay.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:01 pm

Well maybe you should stop taking offence when the post wasn't directed at you.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:02 pm

Alonso would make Hamilton & Rosberg look silly in that Merc.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:02 pm

I was just saying in general. But no worries I see what you mean.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:02 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:Idiot am I?

Yes you luv a sum sometimes. Specifically on a different sport.

But this race has gone t1ts up for merc due to that 'racing incident'

And let's not pretend that if it was the other way round you wouldn't be blaming LH for being overly aggressive.
In fairness Myst, if it was the other way round you'd be praising Hamilton for being aggressive and trying to overtake his title rival for the lead.

Swings and roundabouts really.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:06 pm

No I wouldn't GSC.

Not in the slightest bit..

The fact is though. If this is just luck and a cruel twist of fate rather than rlsbergs bad driving . This has defined the championship. Nothing to do with racing just luck.

For lh to come back from this its going to take a miracle.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

End of the day, the fact the stewards didn't even bother investigating it is the best sign it was just one of those things. Sometimes you've just got to say, **** happens.

Miracle probably equals a safety car to be honest.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

Its happened a lot this year against LH. Or do you actually think rosberg deserves his lead?

And you have commetly missed the point of my post. Say it's a 50/50

One driver didnt get impacted hugely (he might even win)and the other did. That's the point... Can you comprehend it?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm

Why not?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:14 pm

Great move on Bottas.

Whether he "deserves" it is irrelevant. They hand out points for race finishes, not fast laps.

Now I'd rather concentrate on this excellent race than rehash this debate. Can Kimi hold onto a podium.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:15 pm

Bog brush.
Can you even admit that LH has been unlucky in this race?

Or do you think he deserved to be out of the pts due to what you call a 50/50 race incident.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:16 pm

I loved it when the commentators creamed themselves over Alonsos move around the outside at the hairpin.

Forgetting he tried it about 3-4 times before and lost time everytime.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:16 pm

GSC wrote:Great move on Bottas.

Whether he "deserves" it is irrelevant. They hand out points for race finishes, not fast laps.

Now I'd rather concentrate on this excellent race than rehash this debate. Can Kimi hold onto a podium.

So you won't admit that luck is deciding this championship. You can't comprehend that?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:17 pm

I can comprehend your point perfectly.

Its irrelevant and comes across as a bitter Hamilton fan to be brutally honest.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm

You think I am a bitter Hamilton fan?

What makes you say that?

I just want a fair race.

The fact you can't admit he has been unlucky . shows you up as the fan boy.. Big time. And you are the bitter one. If I was you I would drop it or admit the truth.

Last edited by mystiroakey on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm

NR has won this, driven averagely, he can't overtake & just profits from another Hamilton issues

Hamilton retires. Thanks Nico

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:22 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Bog brush.

Or do you think he deserved to be out of the pts due to what you call a 50/50 race incident.
It's tough. Then again, he smashed the car up racing back on three wheels which wasn't totally clever. Maybe with a bit of care he could have bruised back and avoided damage?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm

bogbrush wrote:

It's tough. Then again, he smashed the car up racing back on three wheels which wasn't totally clever. Maybe with a bit of care he could have bruised back and avoided damage?

Oh so you can't admit it and are now saying the incident was Hamiltons fault ..

Seriously you can't make this nonsense up.

He had 3 miles to go. Have you any idea how much time he would have lost if he drove at 30 miles an hour . its simple maths.

He would have been lapped almost twice

Last edited by mystiroakey on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:26 pm

Not sure y u bother mysti, anything to do with hammy is blinkered with them

Hopefully Ricciardo holds on but at the end of the day, it's Nico who's the real winner

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:28 pm

mystiroakey wrote:You think I am a bitter Hamilton fan?

What makes you say that?

I just want a fair race.

The fact you can't admit he has been unlucky . shows you up as the fan boy.. Big time. And you are the bitter one. If I was you I would drop it or admit the truth.
Who am I even a fanboy for  Laugh
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:30 pm

Great win by Ricciardo, seems to have that great knack of being in the right place to take advantage.

Reverse applies John I suspect. I merely find the luck debate the most pointless and boring in sport.

But again, can we not rehash this debate.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:31 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Oh so you can't admit it and are now saying the incident was Hamiltons fault ..

Seriously you can't make this nonsense up.

He had 3 miles to go. Have you any idea how much time he would have lost if he drove at 30 miles an hour . its simple maths.

He would have been lapped almost twice
No not at all.

Look, you're obviously emotional because you're reading things that aren't written.

And you don't have to drive 30mph to nurse it (not 'bruise', predictive text screw up). If you think that's nonsense tell it to Martin Brundle. He called it.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:31 pm

GSC wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:You think I am a bitter Hamilton fan?

What makes you say that?

I just want a fair race.

Who am I even a fanboy for  Laugh
Anyone but lh it seems. If you can't admit he was unlucky. Its pretty sad.

Anyway I think its time to leave this acrid part of the forum..as john says its pointless. See you on the football section Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:32 pm

Well done Nico! Excellent second place. 

Solid 29 point lead now.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:36 pm

I'm pretty sure I hate everyone equally at this point Laugh.

We've seen a few times, the only team that stops Mercedes from winning race is Mercedes. They may have to step in on this inter team battle if they have a few more flashpoints.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:42 pm

I love the way you said they were level when nico hit lewis's back wheel with his front wing.. But anyway I can only take so much of a certain poster , so I am bowing out of this one. Can't be bothered with the arguments with others or you either..its not worth it...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:43 pm

Stewards investigating Vettel and Alonso. Didn't see much there, Vettel moved over in the braking zone but he was clear of Alonso and trying to make a move on Magnusson. Vettel then has to slow down as Magnusson is slow on the apex and Alonso runs into him.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:44 pm

No, I said they were level going into the corner and Rosberg tried to hang it round the outside. 

...which is what happened.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:44 pm

Nah, it's the only thing keeping it interesting.

Would be hilarious if they mirrored the race and knocked each other out to let Riccardio win.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 24 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

GSC wrote:Stewards investigating Vettel and Alonso. Didn't see much there, Vettel moved over in the braking zone but he was clear of Alonso and trying to make a move on Magnusson. Vettel then has to slow down as Magnusson is slow on the apex and Alonso runs into him.
Given the mad way Alonso was behaving by then it'd be stupid if a penalty was issued on his behalf.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next