The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:22 pm

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

7. Tale of Two Cities

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:24 pm

6 Which Childrens Toy is an Anagram of Cannot Aim?
7 Which Charles Dickens Novel is the biggest selling single volume book of all time? (over 200 million copeis beating lord of the rings into second) - Tale of 2 cities - super
8 Which Football team are nicknamed 'The Tykes' - Barnsley - Union
9 What is the name of the dog in traditional Punch and Judy Shows?
10 If you were puting numbers on new changing room lockers to be numbered from 1 to 100, how many times would you use the number 9?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:26 pm

10. 20
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

6 Which Childrens Toy is an Anagram of Cannot Aim?
7 Which Charles Dickens Novel is the biggest selling single volume book of all time? (over 200 million copeis beating lord of the rings into second) - Tale of 2 cities - super
9 What is the name of the dog in traditional Punch and Judy Shows?
10 If you were puting numbers on new changing room lockers to be numbered from 1 to 100, how many times would you use the number 9? 20(finally) -Union

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:28 pm

20! Will need to have a think about that.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

6. Action Man
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

6 Which Childrens Toy is an Anagram of Cannot Aim? Action Man Union
9 What is the name of the dog in traditional Punch and Judy Shows? Toby - you all hate dogs
10 If you were puting numbers on new changing room lockers to be numbered from 1 to 100, how many times would you use the number 9? 20(finally) -Union

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:32 pm

9. Pickles
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:32 pm

he found the world cup

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:39 pm

9. Rover
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:41 pm

- Toby...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm

Toby is another word for Hampton in certain parts of Scotland. As in:

"not just now love, I'm scratching my toby."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:47 pm

One for the Jules lexicon...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:50 pm

Surely jules/jewels would be a better term for Hampton

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 1:56 pm

A "Toby Carvery" has a much more sinister meaning in Dundee.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:00 pm

Everything has a more sinister meaning in Dundee...

Even the complete misnomer of the "Law Hill"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:04 pm

Yep - the misnomer is an attempt to deflect from the fact that it's a brutal murder hot spot.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:05 pm

So is everywhere else...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

Not sure that Enid Blyton had a place like Dundee in mind when writing the Famous Five. Certainly don't remember George, Timmy the dog and the rest of the gang being chased home from primary school by hammer wielding nutters from the year above.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:12 pm

I can remeber walking along Blackness road in Dundee towards the all night bakery that (used?) resided there, and walking past about 4 girls aged between 12-14 glue sniffing from carrier bags, great days...

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wlaking - not a clue what this is, so replaced it with a proper word...)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:17 pm

"Clarkies" all night bakery is still there. Lovely stuff.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 22 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

Is it? Nice! Scooby Snacks post Fat Sam's/Mardi Gras... Always a pleasure Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

Lorraine Kelly is from Dundee. Got her autograph once (used to go to school with Dr Hilary Jones' kids).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:08 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Lorraine Kelly is from Dundee. Got her autograph once (used to go to school with Dr Hilary Jones' kids).

No she's not. She supports Dundee Utd but is in fact from Gorbals, Glasgow. Do a lot of Scottish towns sound like internal organs?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:11 pm

Cracking pair of wangers on Kelly.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

Have always found Kelly strangely attractive, think it is the accent.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:15 pm

Rowley wrote:Have always found Kelly strangely attractive, think it is the accent.

Yeah, think I had a crush as a 13 year old.

What about the bird off of Location, Location, Location? I think she'd be good to snuggle up to if your heating was knackered. Not sure about steamy summer nights though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm

Never got the whole attraction with Kirsty Allsop. Completely lost on me I am afraid. I also hate property shows, which perhaps clouds my judgement of her somewhat, whereas mindless early morning tittle tattle is something I cannot get enough of.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:21 pm

True story.

Was waiting for a bus near Caird Park in Dundee when I was about 14 and on the same day that Lorraine Kelly was getting married at Main Castle which was about 500 yards from the bus stop. A couple (dressed to the nines and sporting impressive home county accents) in a BMW 7 Series pulled up at the bus stop and asked me for directions to Main Castle. As I leaned into the passenger side to offer my assistance, an unholy amount of snot inexplicably dripped out of my nose and onto the jacket sleeve of the female wedding guest.

Despite that, their ingrained politeness meant that they still felt the need to thank me for the directions.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:21 pm

seanmichaels wrote:What about the bird off of Location, Location, Location? I think she'd be good to snuggle up to if your heating was knackered. Not sure about steamy summer nights though.

Doesn't do it for me, she is almost as broad as she is long.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm

Georgina Burnett, the weather presenter.

Wowzers.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm

Do people watch the BBC news much? If so, have you noticed the absolute rotters they send out to Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq? Orla Guerin, Lyse Doucet and that big tranny looking thing out there at the moment. Unbelievable.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:27 pm

Union Cane wrote:Georgina Burnett, the weather presenter.

Wowzers.

Yes baby. She can check out my low front.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Do people watch the BBC news much? If so, have you noticed the absolute rotters they send out to Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq? Orla Guerin, Lyse Doucet and that big tranny looking thing out there at the moment. Unbelievable.

If they sent tidy pieces then the Arabs would have them away for hostages and that, innit.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:31 pm

Once had three separate one night stands with a barmaid that looked like Sarah Beeny. I'm not proud of it but in my defence:

(a) I'd taken on a considerable amount of alcohol and drugs;
(b) I worked for her mum and so it felt like sticking it to the boss; and
(c) her dad was a Rangers fan so it felt like sticking it to Rangers fans everywhere.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:35 pm

I feel like I should join in, but laddish bawdiness is alas beyond me. Rest assured though, I am very much part of this conversation in spirit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:36 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Do people watch the BBC news much? If so, have you noticed the absolute rotters they send out to Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq? Orla Guerin, Lyse Doucet and that big tranny looking thing out there at the moment. Unbelievable.

If they sent tidy pieces then the Arabs would have them away for hostages and that, innit.

I thought most Arabs were red blooded heterosexuals?

Last edited by seanmichaels on Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:40 pm

Don't act like t*ats. Comments like that make it very difficult for me to b*llock people and delete threads on the off topic section, and I dearly love doing both of those things.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:41 pm

Rowley wrote:Don't act like t*ats. Comments like that make it very difficult for me to b*llock people and delete threads on the off topic section, and I dearly love doing both of those things.

Calm down, that is clearly a joke (the wooftie bit not them being rotters).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:43 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:Don't act like t*ats. Comments like that make it very difficult for me to b*llock people and delete threads on the off topic section, and I dearly love doing both of those things.

Calm down, that is clearly a joke (the wooftie bit not them being rotters).

I am sure it is, but if I ignore it the next time I kick off on the off topic section they will use exactly the same excuse.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:50 pm

Apologies!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 22 Aug 2014, 3:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:Once had three separate one night stands with a barmaid that looked like Sarah Beeny.  I'm not proud of it but in my defence:

(c) her dad was a Rangers fan so it felt like sticking it to Rangers fans everywhere.  

I've never delibrately treated a bird badly. Once told everyone about the barmaid at work's bedroom antics and they blurted it out in front of her every night after that. In hindsight though it was a lucky escape. Blatantly after a baby.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm

I didn't treat her badly, sean. She was more than happy with the arrangement.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Once had three separate one night stands with a barmaid that looked like Sarah Beeny.  I'm not proud of it but in my defence:

I've never delibrately treated a bird badly. Once told everyone about the barmaid at work's bedroom antics and they blurted it out in front of her every night after that. In hindsight though it was a lucky escape. Blatantly after a baby.
Mate at work once felt the need to show us a video of a barmaid that was doing the rounds in his local area. Imagine the young girl who was recently the subject of much derision for her antics in Ibiza and then imagine it was her mum's old sister. Hypnotically compelling yet utterly terrifying at the same time.

For those of you still struggling, imagine a "large lady" eagerly stuffing numerous sausage rolls into her mouth....at the same time.

Enjoy you tea, lads!

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Aug 2014, 7:00 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Cat question also left (where is Galted when you need him)

My cat's a female, she's called Ruby (also Sh1thead and Shortarse when the missus isn't about).

I'm sure the answer to the question about 9s is 19.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm

If anyone gets bored at work because they don't/do have access to 606v2 they might want to make comments on the Daily Mail website, especially articles about animals being hunted by other animals or humans.  The logic of the resident hysterical bunnyhuggers is comedy gold - I'd advise adopting a very heavy-handed and ignorant pro-hunting approach.  So far today I've particularly upset MikeB from Basingstoke and Raccoon Foot from Reading. Hilary from Sunderland seems up for a bit of Galted though so it's a win-win all around.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 25 Aug 2014, 8:49 am

Fist.

Not a bank holiday in Scotland, so suspect I'm going to be on my own all day today guessing which of you was Richard Attenborough. Most obvious answer is Jules, but I'm leaning towards sean at the moment.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 25 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

Segundo

Morning superfly. No Bank Holiday here either.

Bloody hell... the doors are locked!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:08 am

Every day is a holiday in Sydney, LB.

Relieved that you're not dear old Dickie.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next