The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Tue 26 Aug 2014, 3:55 pm

A great pity that "locking the tent" wasn't an option for you in your school days, sean.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 8 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 26 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm

superflyweight wrote:A great pity that "locking the tent" wasn't an option for you in your school days, sean.  

you live and learn.......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Aug 2014, 5:26 pm

???
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:00 pm

Have surpassed myself on the DM by hitting triple figures for dislikes for a comment.  Cath from Malta hopes that I rot in hell when my time comes. "No not enough, just stick a ball in your windpipe for eternity, making sure every breath you take is hell". Kathy from Brighton and Gina from London think that I'm exceptionally unfunny.

They're clearly all frustrated at the lack of decent c*ck they get.  Not surprising with the Malta one, I've been there and the gash is the dumpy type you wouldn't even do for a bet.

One response said "anchor...." and nothing else.  I suspect that it's SerialDave leaving a chilling warning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:03 pm

Did you make a joke about the hippo dying Galted?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:08 pm

What prompted the hatred, Galted?  Surely
not a wrap-it-up review?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:10 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734601/Hippo-suffers-painful-death-mistaking-tennis-ball-thrown-enclosure-apple-swallowing-it.html#comments

Check worst rated SFW

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:13 pm

Laugh

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Aug 2014, 7:30 pm

I gave you a plus rating Galted, you deserve more love over there.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:04 pm

Thanks, chaps. And well-spotted, Shah, didn't really think anyone would be clever enough to check. Should've used a pseudonym.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm

Many apologies for butting in on the adult's conversation but my wife saw me on the Daily Mail website and I had to make my excuse that this link had sent me there and said I was reading about a hippo.

She asked "Oh is that the story about the hippo that ate the tennis ball because it thought it was an apple?"

My response was "how the f*ck do they know the hippo thought it was an apple?"

It could have just thought "oh a tennis ball if I eat this perhaps I'll die and get out of this god forsaken zoo".

Okay.

As you were cool kids.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 26 Aug 2014, 8:10 pm

Don't apologise for butting in Hibbz, to be honest since Tina passed away and Galted refused to buy a proper phone we are welcome of the attention.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm

I just literally lolled at Baby does Ice Bucket Challenge : https://youtu.be/Bp6nHzodDQ4
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:27 pm

ahaha FOOKIN ELL

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 26 Aug 2014, 9:51 pm

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 26 Aug 2014, 10:38 pm

Can't find any of your comments...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:52 am

Excellent work Galted dear boy, you need to play spot the vegan next, should be easy pickings on there!

Fist

Last edited by rick_dagless on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the fist!!! Would somebody think of the Fist!!)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:02 am

Sicond.

Any theories on Tina's demise, Rick?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:18 am

Morning super.

I just assumed that he was Cliff Richard, everything seemed to match, unlike the horrendous tank top/shirt combos.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:21 am

It's a good theory. I could see Cliff being into the stuff Kings of Leon have put out lately.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:23 am

It does seem to fit with claiming multiple offspring to cover up a seemingly celibate public lifestyle...

Like seans constant flange referencing to cover up his school days.

Last edited by rick_dagless on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelt "celibate" wrong, thank feck no-one noticed...)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:24 am

rick_dagless wrote:Excellent work Galted dear boy, you need to play spot the vegan next, should be easy pickings on there!

Fist

get me a link Rick.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:27 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2734601/Hippo-suffers-painful-death-mistaking-tennis-ball-thrown-enclosure-apple-swallowing-it.html#

here you go sean, click on the "Worst Rated" Tab at the top of the comments and enjoy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Aug 2014, 8:47 am

Can't believe there is still a debate about the Tina/Cliff angle. Rick has outlined the main reasons why it is an open and shut case, superfly's excellent addition of the Kings of Leon factor simply puts another nail in the coffin.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:00 am

Back at work today. Sh1te.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:05 am

Jeff wrote:Can't believe there is still a debate about the Tina/Cliff angle. Rick has outlined the main reasons why it is an open and shut case, superfly's excellent addition of the Kings of Leon factor simply puts another nail in the coffin.

I thought it was well and truly put to bed Jeff, pehaps super was too busy watching a Thunderbird debate with a Jelly Baby and lost concentration...

Morning Jules

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:32 am

I watched The Eagle Has Landed. I found Donald Sutherland's Irish accent more convincing than the arguments put forward by Darling and Salmond.

The amazing thing is that Sutherland's accent is not even in the top 5 worst accents in that film. My favourite is Michael Caine trying to do a German accent by talking like he's choking on a burnt chip.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:43 am

Keanu Reeves in Dracula was pretty horrendous...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Aug 2014, 9:47 am

I watched that the other night Rick, Keanu's ongoing ability to secure work is one of the great mysteries of modern cinema.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:04 am

Jeff wrote:I watched that the other night Rick, Keanu's ongoing ability to secure work is one of the great mysteries of modern cinema

I actually like him in roles where no emotion is needed, The Matrix, Bill & Ted etc but the instant some acting is needed...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:07 am

He's good in Point Break. Great film, always forget it when compiling my top 10.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:09 am

He was not bad in Constantine, depite the film itself being poostain...

Did you find "Hippogate" sean?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:09 am

Loads of people love point break, the appeal has always been lost on me, macho BS that does not make a lot of sense.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:16 am

Rowley wrote:Loads of people love point break, the appeal has always been lost on me, macho BS that does not make a lot of sense.

The bird in it is lovely.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:17 am

rick_dagless wrote:He was not bad in Constantine, depite the film itself being poostain...

Did you find "Hippogate" sean?

Yes I did. Amusing. Are there only 2 comments?

I think Galted needs to get on Mumsnet.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:22 am

There were hundreds of comments sean (I think)

sean wrote:I think Galted needs to get on Mumsnet.

And start debating the potential need to have a licence to breed...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:25 am

rick_dagless wrote:There were hundreds of comments sean (I think)

sean wrote:I think Galted needs to get on Mumsnet.

And start debating the potential need to have a licence to breed...

100's from Galted?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:32 am

sean wrote:100's from Galted?

Ah I see what you mean, in that case, as you were, only 2 from Galted...

Hundreds from angry Hippophiles...

Last edited by rick_dagless on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am fully aware that Hippophile relates to horses, this was done for comedic reasons)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:35 am

Rowley wrote:Loads of people love point break, the appeal has always been lost on me, macho BS that does not make a lot of sense.

This is why I love you Jeff.
I went to see it with my girlfriend of the time and we both thought it was laughable sh1te. Zen and the art of surfing nonsense with some truly cr@p dialog.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:43 am

Kathryn Bigelow is a fairly average director. The Hurt Locker in no way, shape or form deserved the praise it received. Call me a bluff old traditionalist if you must, but surely a best film oscar winner should have some sort of story or narrative.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:52 am

Snobs.

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes the other day. Thought that was good. Missus thought it was rubbish but then she doesn't even like The Day After Tomorrow.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:53 am

Why does every film have to be the "Rise" of something these days...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:. Missus thought it was rubbish but then she doesn't even like The Day After Tomorrow.

And rightly so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:07 am

Good film The Day after Tomorrow. Just behind Independence Day, Cloverfield and Twister in terms of disaster movies.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:24 am

When is someone going to have the balls to nominate Stephen Hawking for the Ice Bucket Challenge? He's perhaps the most high profile sufferer of Motor Neurone Disease and what's more, it would be f*cking hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:42 am

DAVE667 wrote:When is someone going to have the balls to nominate Stephen Hawking for the Ice Bucket Challenge? He's perhaps the most high profile sufferer of Motor Neurone Disease and what's more, it would be f*cking hilarious

Ha! You do it Dave. I suppose you'd have to be careful of the electrics on his bumper car though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:55 am

I took my stance against the ice bucket challenge one step further last night by telling my sister-in-law that I simply don't like people with muscular dystrophy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm

Means I'd have to do it first Sean and I'm not going to because A/ despite the worthy cause, people seem to have lost sight of that fact and are simply doing it to get their name in the media (although the models doing it braless in white t-shirts are beyond criticism). Get drenched in ice cold water or DONATE SOME MONEY TO THE CHARITY. All those getting wet aren't actually giving anything back except "highlighting the charity"....pointless w*nkers the lot of 'em...except the aforementioned models doing it braless in white t-shirts...angels the lot of 'em.

B/ Like Rowley, I f*cking despite FACEBOOK, INSTATW@T and TW@TTER etc and despise anyone else on there (wife and braless models are the exception of course)

C/ I'm a proper miserable git

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 27 Aug 2014, 12:17 pm

Nice to see you sitting squarely on the fence as per usual DAVE...

There are an awful lot of people I would happily nominate for the boiling water challenge...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 12:24 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Nice to see you sitting squarely on the fence as per usual DAVE...

There are an awful lot of people I would happily nominate for the boiling water challenge...

Surely not Simon Weston? Whistle

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next