The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Nice to see you sitting squarely on the fence as per usual DAVE...

There are an awful lot of people I would happily nominate for the boiling water challenge...

Surely not Simon Weston?  Whistle

Would he feel it?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 9 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:34 pm

That was the first name that popped into my head as well...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:46 pm

What's wrong with you two....Justin Beiber still walks the Earth and you'd nominate Simon Weston to have boiling water poured on his head.

I'd have Beiber flung into a lake of boiling lava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Never understood why people get wound up by the likes of Beiber or One Direction. I am never going to buy one of their records, attend one of their gigs and they almost never feature in any papers or books I read, or appear on TV's I watch. As such they have an absolutely minimal impact on my life. Get the impression people go out of their way to get wound up by such folk.

Their earning a living, without impacting on me, good luck to them.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:58 pm

*They're
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:00 pm

That is a pretty poor one Union, must be talking about Beiber sending me all a flutter.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Theirs no excuse for it Jeff.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Union wrote:Theirs no excuse for it Jeff.

I see what you did their

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm

C'mon jeff, they're must be an obscure bantamweight from the 1890s that you'd like to throw into a lake of boiling lava.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:16 pm

I nominate Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary but only after I've had a one on one no weapons fight with him. After the boiling water the governemt would have to revoke his passport and send him back to Egypt where he came from.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Leave me alone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:19 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I nominate Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary but only after I've had a one on one no weapons fight with him. After the boiling water the governemt would have to revoke his passport and send him back to Egypt where he came from.

Him handing you your backside would only be a punishment for you, sean.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I nominate Abdel-Majed Abdel Bary but only after I've had a one on one no weapons fight with him. After the boiling water the governemt would have to revoke his passport and send him back to Egypt where he came from.

Him handing you your backside would only be a punishment for you, sean.  

That is a risk I'd be willing to take. The way I see it, a lot of these jihadists are bullied kids who had no respect. Looks like a scrawny tw@t and they have no heart.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Who is he?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Please lets not turn this place into the off topic section. Quite enough ill informed drivel masquerading as political discussion over there without it becoming a feature on here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:Who is he?

A grime rapper.

I'd also like to have a ruck wih Piers Morgan.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:33 pm

And Chris Froome, and Nico Rosberg actually.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Rowley wrote:Never understood why people get wound up by the likes of Beiber or One Direction. I am never going to buy one of their records, attend one of their gigs and they almost never feature in any papers or books I read, or appear on TV's I watch. As such they have an absolutely minimal impact on my life. Get the impression people go out of their way to get wound up by such folk.

Do you keep this quote on file ROWLEY as it's one you drag screaming into the sunlight to reproduce seemingly verbatim every so often.

As for Beiber, whilst his music is as insipid as anything that's been released in recent history (or even the glorious "I remember when music was in black and white and all this was fileds" era of music as far as you're concerned) it's his obnoxious personality, sorry, "personality" that grates on his detractors as much as anything else. A truly obnoxious little tw@t who makes me think that some of these "Death to the West" fanatics might be onto something if this is the best a civilized society can produce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

A grime rapper.

Is that like the grim reaper?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Well in the words of Chris Brown...

"In order to be the best, you have to beat the best"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

A grime rapper.

That's how Kingraf pronounces it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Well in the words of Chris Brown...

Wasn't that Roy Castle on Record Breakers?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Never understood why people get wound up by the likes of Beiber or One Direction. I am never going to buy one of their records, attend one of their gigs and they almost never feature in any papers or books I read, or appear on TV's I watch. As such they have an absolutely minimal impact on my life. Get the impression people go out of their way to get wound up by such folk.

Do you keep this quote on file ROWLEY as it's one you drag screaming into the sunlight to reproduce seemingly verbatim every so often.

As for Beiber, whilst his music is as insipid as anything that's been released in recent history (or even the glorious "I remember when music was in black and white and all this was fileds" era of music as far as you're concerned) it's his obnoxious personality, sorry, "personality" that grates on his detractors as much as anything else. A truly obnoxious little tw@t who makes me think that some of these "Death to the West" fanatics might be onto something if this is the best a civilized society can produce.

I think he is funny, what is the point of being young and rich if not to act like a complete tool. Still intrigued as to why a metal fan from Bradford would hear so much of Beiber's music. I genuinely think I can't name more than one song and I'm not particularly certain what that is called, is the one that goes baby, baby, baby a lot. Me getting wound up by Beiber is like me getting wound up about the bin collection schedule in Rochdale.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

A grime rapper.

That's how Kingraf pronounces it.

Very good. Diplumatic imooonity

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:38 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Fields.

Unless you think jeff only likes music by studios with solid admin procedures in place.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Union wrote:Wasn't that Roy Castle on Record Breakers?

Think you are thinking of delegation Union.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Rowley wrote:

I think he is funny, what is the point of being young and rich if not to act like a complete tool. Still intrigued as to why a metal fan from Bradford would hear so much of Beiber's music. I genuinely think I can't name more than one song and I'm not particularly certain what that is called, is the one that goes baby, baby, baby a lot. Me getting wound up by Beiber is like me getting wound up about the bin collection schedule in Rochdale.

How do you know he's funny? Does your missus leave her copy of Closer next to the bath tub by the Radox?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Fields.  

Unless you think jeff only likes music by studios with solid admin procedures in place.  
Sorry Super, the red mist descended and I couldn't be arsed proof reading

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:42 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Well in the words of Chris Brown...

If that's why he beats Rihanna then he's going about it the wrong way

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:42 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

How do you know he's funny? Does your missus leave her copy of Closer next to the bath tub by the Radox?

He regularly features in the Lost in Showbiz column on the Guardian website, I am an avid reader of said column.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:45 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I think he's a tw@t...as for why/how a fan of Death Metal knows about his music, my life isn't (sadly) one long moshpit. I have nieces and nephews who blather on about him and from what I've seen and heard and read...he is a blight on society.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

What have Joy Division got to do with it?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

No shortage of unknown pleasures to be found in your posts Jules.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

These Days are made for pondering such questions, Jules.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I thought he was referring to the song by Nine Inch Nails

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Una Paloma Blanca?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:59 pm

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Una Paloma Blanca?
Yeah, the industrial mix which sadly did little to detract from the Jonathan King connection and therefore anyone caught "dancing" to it was automatically arrested by officers from Operation Yewtree

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:14 pm

DAVE wrote:Yeah, the industrial mix which sadly did little to detract from the Jonathan King connection and therefore anyone caught "dancing" to it was automatically arrested by officers from Operation Yewtree

Thats gonna screw the office Christmas party mega mix up if Cliff Richard Tino gets sent down

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Having seen the footage of Slade on Top on the Pops in the '70s performing 'Merry Christmas Everybody', I think it's only a matter of time before you can cross that song off the Christmas megamix playlists.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:28 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
DAVE wrote:Yeah, the industrial mix which sadly did little to detract from the Jonathan King connection and therefore anyone caught "dancing" to it was automatically arrested by officers from Operation Yewtree

Thats gonna screw the office Christmas party mega mix up if Cliff Richard Tino gets sent down
To be honest it'll make a pleasant change from all the post Xmas party assault allegations and the fire Service having to free some fat git from the photocopier after his arse copying escapades go tragically wrong. That and finding out someone's puked in your desk drawer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:Having seen the footage of Slade on Top on the Pops in the '70s performing 'Merry Christmas Everybody', I think it's only a matter of time before you can cross that song off the Christmas megamix playlists.  
I thought it should be crossed off the list as it's sh!t.

"Are you hanging up your stockings on the wall?" No, at the foot of the bed or on the fireplace like normal people.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Only 20 Friday's 'till Christmas...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Never had an office party misdemeanour. Nearest I came was nearly boning a 40 something colleague (as a 25ish year old) who's partner was the Martial arts / cage fighting coach at the local gym.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Many years ago at a my old nick, during one Christmas do, one woman happily serviced a number of detectives in the snooker room and two officers got arrested for fighting. In a room of 200 people there wasn't a single witness who saw them both showing off trying to impress the big t!tted typist then coming to blows when it went too far and one ended up with a broken nose as the result of a headbutt.

Great days

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Many years ago at a my old nick, during one Christmas do, one woman happily serviced a number of detectives in the snooker room and two officers got arrested for fighting. In a room of 200 people there wasn't a single witness who saw them both showing off trying to impress the big t!tted typist then coming to blows when it went too far and one ended up with a broken nose as the result of a headbutt.

Great days

Which one did you end up with?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:04 pm

Great work on the DM site, michaels. Your Rainbow Bridge post should be trotted out next time there's an article about a dead animal, preferably one shot by an American. These articles appear daily (unfortunately they disappear from the main page after a day or so so can't be enjoyed for posterity).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:07 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Excellent work Galted dear boy, you need to play spot the vegan next, should be easy pickings on there!

Fist

Thank you, dagless. DM is a Poopie substitute for this site but it does provide its own accidental entertainment.

By the way, has anyone brought up the possibility that Tino is Jihad John? Would make sense as his missus is Canadian so must dislike Americans.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Jihad John wasn't wearing a pastel coloured jumper from Next, Galted.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jihad John wasn't wearing a pastel coloured jumper from Next, Galted.  

And almost certainly thinks the Kings of Leon are sh*te.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:13 pm

Rowley, are you that squirming bloke from Rotherham who won't resign?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next