The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England U-18s on tour in South Africa

+13
Ozzy3213
Cumbrian
HammerofThunor
Sgt_Pooly
No 7&1/2
Cyril
quinsforever
Rugby Fan
Biltong
Taylorman
Neutralee
Geordie
BigTrevsbigmac
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

England U-18s on tour in South Africa - Page 4 Empty England U-18s on tour in South Africa

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu 21 Aug 2014, 7:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Strong start by England in this annual competition between France,Wales,England & SA with wins against Wales & France big one coming up against SA.
Good that all the lads have got a run out.

http://www.fifteenrugby.com/pro-rugby/news/england/england-u18-keen-to-impress-for-the-future-with-south-africa-showdown/

Italy also sent out a team & played the SA academy.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

England U-18s on tour in South Africa - Page 4 Empty Re: England U-18s on tour in South Africa

Post by quinsforever Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:11 pm

Does your mum know you're spending all this time on the internet?

The words you try to wear, fit you about as well as my clothes do my 4 year old son.

It is patently obvious you lurch from one looked up Internet term to another, and attempt to quote as fact, opinion from other posters that you stumble across and try to weave into your own points.

Anyone who uses the word "prove" as much as you do, bandied around in reference to your own really weak arguments, obviously doubts the quality of those arguments to stand unsupported.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

England U-18s on tour in South Africa - Page 4 Empty Re: England U-18s on tour in South Africa

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:33 pm

Bit of a shame he doesn't want to discuss the points he knows he's floundering on. Same old.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm

A little embarrassing to be honest....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:21 pm

I dont know - I thought this quote

Neutralee wrote:

Where do you get this stuff your spewing, it's almost as if you can't handle the debate and just want to twist and turn until free, stop moving the goalpoasts, and provide me with the shred of evidence that the England U18 team were underdogs.

was one of the funniest things I have read on here outside of the scottish threads.

I really dont know if he just gets a kick out of taking contrary positions the whole time (whilst carrying out that which he accuses of others), or if the protection from his tin foil hat is just wearing a bit too thin

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:28 pm

I do admire the lone stance though.

It's not often you get NOBODY agreeing with your points.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Wed 27 Aug 2014, 4:32 pm

tbh educating you boys about rugby is like trying to teach algebra to monkeys, it's not enjoyable and it really isn't going to help anyone in the long run.

When 1 of you responds to my questions you may peak my interest, but for now you certain few can agree amongst yourselves how bad the English sytem is, and be content with each other.

It's a shame because at one point I honestly thought there was going to be a debate...

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 27 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

You ve taken your ball home in regards to answering questions! At least post a link to the quotes from Englands coach proclaiming his team as favourites vs SA. Start with something easy.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 27 Aug 2014, 6:36 pm

Doh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:37 pm

I wouldn't mind if there had been real, rather than fictitious, media coverage describing England as favourites to beat South Africa, and win this round of matches.

It might mean there'd be some video of the match somewhere to watch because the RFU thought it worthwhile to negotiate for at least a highlights package.

Or perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:32 am

The problem for SA teams at age grade is they play far fewer matches than the home nations do. They are often at best a collection of strangers half the time.

What they do have mind is craven week so the top guys will play each other every year which is a step up from schools rugby.

I don't believe its to do with resources or talent. The set up in SA is very good for age grade rugby and the resources and the talent pool is huge. What does lack however are the guys getting together and actually playing regular rugby amongst themselves.

In the end, any team that comes to SA and wins has done well. The pitches in Stellenbosch are fantastic but they are very different to those in the UK, they breed different strategies of rugby and only the very best can convert in an instant.

Who actually cares if England/South Africa were underdogs/favourites? Its literally impossible to know in age grade between nations such as these as we all know in rugby if A>B and B>C then A>C.... can simply not be trusted as a rule.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Sat 30 Aug 2014, 12:12 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:I think I am right in saying those academies have been well represented in the U20's, so potentially not such a surprise at a slightly smaller U18 representation as these things tend to be cyclic.  I suspect those sides will have some strong lads coming thought the U16's who will feature in the U18's next season.  

As has been said, all good for the English game, both in international and club terms.

Exeter have been well represented recently, and I think Wasps have done ok. I get the impression the Newcastle academy struggles a bit (I think the RFU threatened recently to withdraw funding, but I could be misremembering).

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4