The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
trottb
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

An arthropod is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and jointed appendages. Arthropods form the phylum Arthropoda, and include the insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:35 am

Is it a musical? Not a big fan of musicals.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

Odd one out.

1. My lightning's flashing across the sky, You're only young but you're gonna die
2. It's like the changing of the seasons and the tides of the sea.
3. In your heart I see the star of every night and every day In your eyes I get lost, I get washed away
4. Eat your heart out girls, hands off the merchandise!
5. We've been so many things that have held us down but now it looks like things are finally comin' around, yeah

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:43 am

2. Only Fools & Horses
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 am

5. Ain't no stopping us now

Link is entrance music for boxers, odd one out is 2. as Dereck wasn't allowed to use it and had to use LL Cool J instead.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 am

3 Is Simply the Best by Tina Turner, which I only know because of Chris Eubank obviously.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 am

Got to love Union.

Sean posts it at 10:41, Cane nails it at 10:44.

Al that effort, Seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 am

1. LL Cool J - Mama Said KYO
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:49 am

Must have heard all those Blues Bros. songs thousands of times in the late 80s.
That and Celebration Time seemed to never stop playing at parties. And Talking Heads of course.

I can still see all these hot chicks (now all mostly married) jump up and hit the dance floor. I made sure I didn't get roped in every time.... by slinking out back to the darkest shadows of the dance floor and trying to avoid eye contact. Worked pretty well.

It drove me mental. I can still hear those songs blaring out even if I don't remember all the words.
Or more precisely - even if I could be bothered to remember all the words. I'm sort of lazy in that respect.
I guess I've sort of mind-archived them, temporarily, to use that particular memory space for more important current things.
They'll come back to me, I know.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 am

is it boxers?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:51 am

Does anyone want to go on Pointless with me? Applied an age ago and did not get on and want to have another go. Am asking on here because I want to win and am not satisfied any of my friends have the necessary intellectual capacity to make that happen. Also not having actually met gives us an interesting back story, and thus a chance of actually getting on.

If you're stupid don't ask, I don't want to offend, but will obviously not pick you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 am

Rowley wrote:If you're stupid don't ask, I don't want to offend, but will obviously not pick you.

Noted.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Got to love Union.

Al that effort, Seany.

He didn't get the odd one out.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:58 am

Come on and let me see you shake your tail feather...
Uuuuuhh.... UuUgGhH... UUUUUUHHHH

twistin', do it right, etc.

Ah, feck orf.

And No! I don't want a f*cken dance! Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

The odd one out is number 4 because I have no idea what it is.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 am

Rowley wrote:Does anyone want to go on Pointless with me? Applied an age ago and did not get on and want to have another go. Am asking on here because I want to win and am not satisfied any of my friends have the necessary intellectual capacity to make that happen. Also not having actually met gives us an interesting back story, and thus a chance of actually getting on.

If you're stupid don't ask, I don't want to offend, but will obviously not pick you.

I offered way back on the thread you started when you first applied.

I don't think you even acknowledged my offer.

So you can go f*ck yourself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

Rowley wrote:Does anyone want to go on Pointless with me? Applied an age ago

been meaning to apply for that fecker for a while, though not sure i would pass your selection criteria Jeff...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

Answer - boxers have used all songs whilst entering the ring whereas no.4 is an extract from Sexy Boy by Shawn Michaels who used it for his wrestling ring entrance.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Got to love Union.

Al that effort, Seany.

He didn't get the odd one out.

Have a feeling it's Only Fools & Horses. Don't know why though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Rowley wrote:Does anyone want to go on Pointless with me? Applied an age ago

been meaning to apply for that fecker for a while, though not sure i would pass your selection criteria Jeff...

You'll do Rick. I was kind of hoping Tina would agree, but am obviously on pretty touchy ground there. I will look into it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am

Happy to give Tina first digs Jeff His Next jumper combo would stand out a treat under studio lighting, but happy to be in reserve.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Does anyone want to go on Pointless with me? Applied an age ago and did not get on and want to have another go. Am asking on here because I want to win and am not satisfied any of my friends have the necessary intellectual capacity to make that happen. Also not having actually met gives us an interesting back story, and thus a chance of actually getting on.

I offered way back on the thread you started when you first applied.  

I don't think you even acknowledged my offer.

So you can go f*ck yourself.

You didn't actually start the thread but you revived it to let us know you'd applied.

My exact post was

Tino wrote:If your mate doesn't show up, Jeff, give me a shout and I will happily step in.

Nothing back.

Go f*ck yourself.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am

Pretty sure K2 vetoed the use of number 2 so it was never used.

Unless you know different?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:15 am

Between you and me Rick I suspect you're considerably brighter than Tina so would probably be better off with you. I'll try to let him down gently.

Just looked on the BBC, they are not taking applications at the minute.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:20 am

Jeff wrote:Between you and me Rick I suspect you're considerably brighter than Tina so would probably be better off with you. I'll try to let him down gently.

OK well I will also keep my eye out periodically on the website too.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am

Rowley wrote:Between you and me Rick I suspect you're considerably brighter than Tina so would probably be better off with you. I'll try to let him down gently.

I suspect you're right, but he won't look as snappily dressed as I would.

Depends what you want to get out of the show, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:26 am

I want to win Tina, nothing else. I would take Catweasle Sean if I thought he would help me achieve that objective.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am

Two Tribes looks as though it would be easy to win, they have some right divvies on there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2102051/Dereck-Chisora-ringwalk-song-banned--Vitali-Klitschko.html
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:36 am

My exact post was

Tino wrote:If your mate doesn't show up, Jeff, give me a shout and I will happily step in.

Who the feck do you think you are? Viper to Jeff's Mav?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

Union Cane wrote:Two Tribes looks as though it would be easy to win, they have some right divvies on there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2102051/Dereck-Chisora-ringwalk-song-banned--Vitali-Klitschko.html

yeah but he'd used it in previous fights.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

I am definitely up for it and watch it regularly.

Thought about applying myself, funnily enough!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:

My exact post was

Who the feck do you think you are? Viper to Jeff's Mav?

Jeff can be my wingman anytime.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 am

Rowley wrote:I want to win Tina, nothing else. I would take Catweasle Sean if I thought he would help me achieve that objective.

Does it require memorising irrelevant facts? I pretty much know every 6 digit client ref here out of 3000+. It scares people mostly.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 am

Adam D wrote:

Thought about applying myself, funnily enough!

You're right, that is funny.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:41 am

seanmichaels wrote: I pretty much know every 6 digit client ref here out of 3000+.

That's almost certain to be one of the rounds as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:41 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:I want to win Tina, nothing else. I would take Catweasle Sean if I thought he would help me achieve that objective.

Does it require memorising irrelevant facts? I pretty much know every 6 digit client ref here out of 3000+. It scares people mostly.

Well why didn't you say sooner Sean, that category comes up pretty much every other show.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:44 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Well why didn't you say sooner Sean, that category comes up pretty much every other show.

I wouldn't go on telly though unfortunately. It would probably freak me out.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:44 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

See, you and I are on the same wavelength, Jeff.

That's what great comedy duos do. Feed off each other.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

See, you and I are on the same wavelength, Jeff.

That's what great comedy duos do.  Feed off each other.

We’re like Morecambe and Wise when we’re together. No, not Morecambe and Wise, because there’s no straight man, there’s no dead wood.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Two Tribes looks as though it would be easy to win, they have some right divvies on there.

Which ones?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 am

Rowley wrote:We’re like Morecambe and Wise when we’re together. No, not Morecambe and Wise, because there’s no straight man, there’s no dead wood.

Little and Large?

Large and Large?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:52 am

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Which ones?

pretty much all i think

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:55 am

Les Dennis (Jeff) and Neil Morrisey (Tino). Tino ragging TSMR

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Which ones?

pretty much all i think

Cobblers.

Find me one.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:07 pm

His probation officer eventually introduced him to boxing and, despite being initially shocked by the pain of the ring, Chisora has built an unblemished 13-0 record. He will defend his title tonight against Sam Sexton, his friend but a dangerous rival.

The huge crowd that is expected for British boxing's biggest night this year, as Frank Warren unfurls his Magnificent Seven card in Birmingham and on Sky Box Office, will be just as bewildered as those non-fight fans in Hampstead to hear that Chisora also deals in antiques. His quirky passion chimes with his "Del Boy" nickname and the Only Fools and Horses theme tune that accompanies his walk to the ring. Chisora, after all, is an intriguing enigma in the already deeply strange world of heavyweight boxing.

"I'm actually a very nice guy," Chisora says in a gym tucked away down a side-street in Finchley. He has set up two tiny stools in the middle of an empty ring, so we are just inches apart. It offers a curious intimacy as, with his sweat still glistening, Chisora speaks first of his anxieties before such a hard and evenly matched fight.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Well that's made me look a twit.

I'm off down the golf range.

Doh
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:29 pm

I'll do it, but only if we both get to appear wearing massive papier mache heads that conceal our true identities.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 pm

I think we would make an excellent quiz team.  All categories are covered and our specialist subjects have a real range to them.

Tina: Natural world (specialist subject: arthropods)
Jeff: Music (specialist subject: Jazz and pre-1930’s swing classics)
Sean: Food & drink (specialist subject: 6 number client references from his work)
Jules: The ancients (specialist subject: Simon de Montford and his life)
Superfly: Modern history (specialist subject: Ginger hair and heart disease)
Rick: Sport and the arts (specialist subject: Random caPital letterS)
Union: Geography (specialist subject: Memorising telephone area codes from 1987)
Loaded Dog: Overseas interest (specialist subject: convicts and Alf Stewart)
Kingraf: Modern culture (specialist subject: Doesn’t really have one.  He is achingly cool and knows more than you about most things)
Shah: Military history (specialist subject: Jihad and rucksacks)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Tino wrote:Tina: Natural world (specialist subject: arthropods)
Jeff: Music (specialist subject: Jazz and pre-1930’s swing classics)
Sean: Food & drink (specialist subject: 6 number client references from his work)
Jules: The ancients (specialist subject: Simon de Montford and his life)
Superfly: Modern history (specialist subject: Ginger hair and heart disease)
Rick: Sport and the arts (specialist subject: Random caPital letterS)
Union: Geography (specialist subject: Memorising telephone area codes from 1987)
Loaded Dog: Overseas interest (specialist subject: convicts and Alf Stewart)
Kingraf: Modern culture (specialist subject: Doesn’t really have one. He is achingly cool and knows more than you about most things)
Shah: Military history (specialist subject: Jihad and rucksacks)

This actually made me LoL

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Jihad and rucksacks Laugh

I'd prefer my specialist subject to be beaver definiton please.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Jihad and rucksacks Laugh

I'd prefer my specialist subject to be beaver definiton please.

I think there is a fair amount of Culture Cup scepticism as to the validity of your minge defining claims.

No-one doubts your ability to recall 3000+ client references.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next