The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
Galted
kingraf
Rowley
Adam D
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 14 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:50 am

First topic message reminder :

What, now?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:43 am

Morning Tina

Day is shaping up ok - had a few horrendously busy weeks at work trying to complete a load of contracts with ridiculous completion deadlines but it's pretty much all over now, bar explaining to idiots how and where to sign their name. Downside is that I'm going to have to spend 3 days in one of my client's offices next week.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

You're right about Sharma, sean.
Hopefully he will struggle with the express pace here. We wont be seeing any of those flick shots over mid on for 6... with no footwork.
More likely he will wear one between the eyes at close to 150km/h.

Need a return to the elegant batsmen you guys gave us. Damien Martyn is my favourite batsmen ever. The supermodel of batting. Makes these sloggers nowadays look like village cricketers. Just need to get the pitches right. Pace and a 50/50 battle between bat and ball.

F*cking hell, you pair sound like a pair of 1940's old boys discussing how things were "better in our day".

Yes, Sharma isn't a proper batsman but whats wrong with enjoying 264 off 173 balls.  The first ever international ODI 250+ score.  Just enjoy it, they don't come around that often.  He scored nearly 200 runs more than the next highest scorer.  It was a magnificent effort, and one that should be applauded.  

What is that?  The 5th, 6th ODI double ton?  Not sure of the numbers but sub-continent double tons are hardly a curse on the game.

I agree that it should be a fair battle between ball and bat, but digging at Sharma for doing something so spectacular is a little bit churlish.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:58 am

How's this for culture?

Since starting work this morning I've been listening to Aphex Twin, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and have now segued into Miles Davis.

Those hot trainees in my office would be frothing at the gash if only they knew how cool I was.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:59 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Hopefully he will struggle with the express pace here. We wont be seeing any of those flick shots over mid on for 6... with no footwork.

Need a return to the elegant batsmen you guys gave us. Damien Martyn is my favourite batsmen ever. The supermodel of batting. Makes these sloggers nowadays look like village cricketers. Just need to get the pitches right. Pace and a 50/50 battle between bat and ball.

F*cking hell, you pair sound like a pair of 1940's old boys discussing how things were "better in our day".

Yes, Sharma isn't a proper batsman but whats wrong with enjoying 264 off 173 balls.  The first ever international ODI 250+ score.  Just enjoy it, they don't come around that often.  He scored nearly 200 runs more than the next highest scorer.  It was a magnificent effort, and one that should be applauded.  

What is that?  The 5th, 6th ODI double don?  Not sure of the numbers but sub-continent double tons are hardly a curse on the game.

I agree that it should be a fair battle between ball and bat, but digging at Sharma for doing something so spectacular is a little bit churlish.

Shame.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:02 am

superflyweight wrote:How's this for culture?  

Since starting work this morning I've been listening to Aphex Twin, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and have now segued into Miles Davis.

Those hot trainees in my office would be frothing at the gash if only they knew how cool I was.    

I'm more impressed by the use of the word 'segued'. It's good, but not pompous and just put in for effect (take note, Jeff). Well done.

I can't watch Aphex Twin videos. I remember watching Windowlicker after a particularly heavy night on the drugs as a young man. It scarred me mentally and I've never been back. Now and again it comes on MTV late at night and I have to run out of the room till it's over.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:04 am

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

What is that?  The 5th, 6th ODI double don?  Not sure of the numbers but sub-continent double tons are hardly a curse on the game.

Shame.  

Ruined what was an excellent post.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:09 am

superflyweight wrote:How's this for culture?  

I'm more impressed by the use of the word 'segued'.  It's good, but not pompous and just put in for effect (take note, Jeff).  Well done.

I can't watch Aphex Twin videos.  I remember watching Windowlicker after a particularly heavy night on the drugs as a young man.  It scarred me mentally and I've never been back.  Now and again it comes on MTV late at night and I have to run out of the room till it's over.

I've been reading James Ellroy lately and he uses the word quite a lot so I've adopted it. He also uses "Jap" and "Chink" a fair bit in "Perfidia", but I've been less liberal in my use of those (one minor incident at my daughter's nursery was a real wake up call).

Windowlicker is a tough w@nk, but worth the effort.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:11 am

superflyweight wrote:

He also uses "Jap" and "Chink" a fair bit in "Perfidia", but I've been less liberal in my use of those (one minor incident at my daughter's nursery was a real wake up call).  

These bloody PC nursery teachers. No sense of humour.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:50 am

super wrote:Windowlicker is a tough w@nk, but worth the effort.

You should try "Come to daddy"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:52 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Considered that one a personal triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:52 am

rick_dagless wrote:

I can't watch that one either. That bloody 'woman' thing with the big arms scooping up the children.

I'm getting flashbacks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:04 am

DAVE wrote:Considered that one a personal triumph

Great effort DAVE! I doff my cap...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:07 am

I'm more impressed by the use of the word 'segued'.  It's good, but not pompous and just put in for effect (take note, Jeff).

F*ck you Tina, and I mean it this time, f*ck you. I used segued first and get dismissed as pompous, I admit to listening to jazz and face similar accusations. Superfly does both, after me and nothing, no accusations of being pompous or up his own arse. To make it worse he actually receives your approbation. You've gone too far this time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:20 am

Rowley wrote:

I'm more impressed by the use of the word 'segued'.  It's good, but not pompous and just put in for effect (take note, Jeff).

F*ck you Tina, and I mean it this time, f*ck you. I used segued first and get dismissed as pompous, I admit to listening to jazz and face similar accusations. Superfly does both, after me and nothing, no accusations of being pompous or up his own arse. To make it worse he actually receives your approbation. You've gone too far this time.

I honestly don't remember you using it. If you did, then well done and I offer my apologies.

You're still a c*nt for using oeuvre and the other word you used t'other day that I can't remember.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:26 am

Ennui Tina, quite disappointed you forgot such a zinger.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:27 am

Rowley wrote:

I honestly don't remember you using it.  If you did, then well done and I offer my apologies.  

You're still a c*nt for using oeuvre and the other word you used t'other day that I can't remember.

Should also be heavily criticized for the word "approbation"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:29 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I honestly don't remember you using it.  If you did, then well done and I offer my apologies.  

He should Dave, and it wasn't unnoticed, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:29 am

I jut assumed that Superfly was being ironic, in so much that he was trying to act cool but is Scottish.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:31 am

Rowley wrote:Ennui Tina, quite disappointed you forgot such a zinger.

That's the one.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

He should Dave, and it wasn't unnoticed, but I don't want to give him the satisfaction.  
It's to your credit that you don't rise to what is quite clearly a deliberate effort of Rowley's part to wind you the f*ck up on a daily basis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:33 am

That's the one.

C*nt.
In fairness to Rowley, working for the Police these days, I'm overcome with ennui pretty much constantly...that and a not unpleasant homicidal rage

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:34 am

DAVE667 wrote:

That's the one.

C*nt.
In fairness to Rowley, working for the Police these days, I'm overcome with ennui pretty much constantly...that and a not unpleasant homicidal rage

Is it not THE POLICE or is Sting not metal enough?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:36 am

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

That's the one.

C*nt.

Is it not THE POLICE or is Sting not metal enough?
Sting wouldn't be metal enough even if he was riddled with bullets and had 3 tonnes of scaffolding dropped on him from a height of 2 miles

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 am

Adam D wrote:I jut assumed that Superfly was being ironic, in so much that he was trying to act cool but is Scottish.

Being Scottish is a blight - I want to have a speaking voice like James Mason, but I sound more like Groundskeeper Willie.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 am

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Too late Tina, I knew deep down it had not slipped through the net.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:45 am

superflyweight wrote:
Adam D wrote:I jut assumed that Superfly was being ironic, in so much that he was trying to act cool but is Scottish.

Being Scottish is a blight - I want to have a speaking voice like James Mason, but I sound more like Groundskeeper Willie.

Do you come from North Kilt-town?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:53 am

Now now kids.

Wasn't about sharma, was the state of sub continent cricket.

Good morning, showered, clash on the ghetto blaster and just making myself look good for the hippy shrink. I'm thinking black fitted shirt, leather jacket, jeans and a brown suede winkle pickets. Think it may appeal to her liberalist outlook

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 am

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Too late Tina, I knew deep down it had not slipped through the net.

With Tino I'd have thought 'on probation' would most likely be more apt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:Now now kids.

Good morning, showered, clash on the ghetto blaster and just making myself look good for the hippy shrink. I'm thinking black fitted shirt, leather jacket, jeans and a brown suede winkle pickets. Think it may appeal to her liberalist outlook

Ahh...the classic sexual predator look.

Well done, Sean, well done.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:05 am

Was more intrigued by the Ghetto Blaster cooment Adam. Who the frig owns a ghetto blaster these days?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:07 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

With Tino I'd have thought 'on probation' would most likely be more apt.

I've never been in trouble with the law, Jules. Never.

My shoplifting was far too clever for that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 am

They probably don't expect that sort of thing in Fortnum and Mason.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 am

Adam D wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Now now kids.

Ahh...the classic sexual predator look.

Well done, Sean, well done.

Is that a Wilson Pickett cover band?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:12 am

Rowley wrote:They probably don't expect that sort of thing in Fortnum and Mason.

Laugh

That is very good.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 am

Anyone got a quiz? (must be Union's turn)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:09 am

Meant winkle pickers. Don't really have a ghetto blaster. Johnson is gonna touch up morkel here

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:33 am

What a lad this bloke is...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30039300

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Ha. Love old people. Our generations will never have the material for yarns like they do. Mates Dad a young 70 (still occasionally turns out for the 3s) has some great stuff. Mostly involving cars and Jensen buttons dad though.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Our generations will never have the material for yarns like they do.

Unless you buy some yarn.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Ha. Love old people. Our generations will never have the material for yarns like they do. Mates Dad a young 70 (still occasionally turns out for the 3s) has some great stuff. Mostly involving cars and Jensen buttons dad though.

Did you lose your apostrophe?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:06 pm

You got any Quizzes Jules?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Alas, stupidly busy at work rick.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Alas, stupidly busy at work rick.

Wife making you hoover the shed?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:21 pm

I know the feeling Jules...

Rats...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Watching lords test 2005. Aussie had proper batsmen. Non of this IPL rubbish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 pm

I can genuinely see you sat in a chair waving a walking stick telling the kids to get off your lawn sean...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:59 pm

Does anyone on here remember the old 606 days when on Friday's, we used to pick a board and invade it with silly posts?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Yep - I posted an article on the snooker site that was essentially an elaborate way of asking "if I'm snookered on the pink should I go for the brown?"

I'm still really proud of it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm

superflyweight wrote:Yep - I posted an article on the snooker site that was essentially an elaborate way of asking "if I'm snookered on the pink should I go for the brown?"

I'm still really proud of it.  

I did one on the Formula one board making the argument F1 was Scrapheap Challenge with a budget. (A view I stand by to be fair)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:10 pm

There were some crackers on the Badminton boards about cocks too...

Slighty off subject the below statement from Disneyland Paris made me chuckle

A Disneyland Paris spokeswoman told Connexionfrance.com: “There is no reason to worry; we’re aware of it and ....

She said: "Tigger is bright orange; his colour is completely different, I don’t think they can confuse the two”.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next