The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

+20
Notch
2ndtimeround
GLove39
The Saint
blindsided
cakeordeath
alexgmacdonald
reallybored
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Nematode
bedfordwelsh
LordDowlais
demosthenes
Weegie Wizard
ScarletSpiderman
Dorothy_Mantooth
Seagultaf
George Carlin
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Empty Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

Post by George Carlin Mon 17 Nov 2014, 1:04 pm

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Scarle10             Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Glasgo10
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors
Friday 21 November 2014, KO 19:35
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli

Live on BBC Wales/BBC Sheepbotherer

Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 29th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Craig Evans, Jon Mason (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Dennis Jones (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

A. Teams:

I. Scarlets
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Duffy10
15 Steffan Evans
14 Harry Robinson
13 Regan King
12 Gareth Owen
11 Michael Tagicakibau
10 Steven Shingler
9 Aled Davies

1 Rob Evans
2 Kirby Myhill
3 Peter Edwards
4 George Earle
5 Johan Snyman
6 Aaron Shingler
7 James Davies
8 John Barclay (c)

16 Emyr Phillips,
17 Phil John
18 Jacobie Adriaanse
19 Rob McCusker
20 Rory Pitman
21 Rhodri Williams
22 Rhys Priestland
23 Steffan Hughes

II. Glasgow Warriors
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Kelly-10
15. Peter Murchie
14. Lee Jones
13. Richie Vernon
12. James Downey
11. Rory Hughes
10. Peter Horne
9. Ali Price

1. Alex Allan
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Tom Ryder
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. Josh Strauss
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Ryan Wilson

16. Kevin Bryce
17. Jon Welsh
18. Rossouw de Klerk
19. James Eddie
20. Tyrone Holmes
21. Niko Matawalu
22. Connor Braid
23. Glenn Bryce

B. Form - head to head:

22 Played 2
10 Wins 12
12 Losses 10
0 Draws 0
52 Tries 56
25 Conversions 39
58 Penalties 49
1 Drop Goals 2
487 Points 511
21 Avg. Age 25

C. Form - last season:

Sat 5 Oct 2013
Scarlets 12 - 17 Glasgow Warriors
Parc y Scarlets

Sat 22 March 2014
Glasgow Warriors 14 - 6 Scarlets
Scotstoun Stadium

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Empty Re: Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

Post by Seagultaf Mon 17 Nov 2014, 1:12 pm

Whats the point of this game? This leauge will never be taken seriously when games like this are contested between two second choice 15s.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November Empty Re: Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

Post by BigGee Mon 17 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm

Got to play them sometime, every other league accommodates international games. I think it is good to give the squad players/youngsters the chance to play and develop. In some respects it also evens things out a little as the weaker sides, with less internationals could be said to have an advantage in this period.

The Welsh of course like to handicap their teams even more by playing the ridiculous 4th international every year which also ensures that the players are suitably exhausted for the European games as well.

As a Glasgow fan I am reasonably confident that pretty much all of the players selected could step up to the regular 23 if required and most of them will at some stage in a long season.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm

Seagultaf wrote:Whats the point of this game? This leauge will never be taken seriously when games like this are contested between two second choice 15s.

Certainly will be a 2nd XV for Glasgow, don't think the Scarlets have too many missing due to International call ups, are they? Glasgow are looking at around 20, assuming there are not too many changes to the Scotland 23.

Possible Glasgow team:

Murchie
Hughes
Vernon
Downey
Jones
Horne/Lyle
McConnell

Allan
McArthur
Welsh
Ryder
Kellock
Strauss
Fusaro
Wilson

Decent enough pack, but by an large a poor set of backs and no decent goal kicker if Horne starts.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:24 pm

Fiji have thankfully played all of their internationals now, so assuming that our 3 Weegian Fijians weren't injured playing against Wales (and all of them played) then I would expect them to be available.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

Just to balance up you having your three Fiji-Weegie boys back, the Scarlets have Rhodri Williams, Rhys Priestland and Scott Williams all back from welsh duty too

I think we will have a team along the lines of-:

Owen/S Shingler
Tagicakibau
Hughes/Sc Williams
King
Robinson
S Shingler/Priestland
A Davies/Rh Williams

R Evans
Myhill/E Phillips (believe he is released not sure)
Adriaanse
Snyman
Earle
A Shingler
Barclay
Pitman

Bench -: Myhill/Phillips/R Evans, John, P Edwards, McCusker, J Davies; A Davies/Rh Williams, Owen/Priestland, Sc Williams/J Williams

Depending on whether Pivac wants to throw the international boys into the action or leave them on the bench.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:35 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Just to balance up you having your three Fiji-Weegie boys back, the Scarlets have Rhodri Williams, Rhys Priestland and Scott Williams all back from welsh duty too

I think we will have a team along the lines of-:

Owen/S Shingler
Tagicakibau
Hughes/Sc Williams
King
Robinson
S Shingler/Priestland
A Davies/Rh Williams

R Evans
Myhill/E Phillips (believe he is released not sure)
Adriaanse
Snyman
Earle
A Shingler
Barclay
Pitman

Bench -: Myhill/Phillips/R Evans, John, P Edwards, McCusker, J Davies; A Davies/Rh Williams, Owen/Priestland, Sc Williams/J Williams

Depending on whether Pivac wants to throw the international boys into the action or leave them on the bench.

That would be a very decent side.

Definitely a losable game this one - we will need DTH, Strauss and De Klerk to all be playing well - they should be, they've been sitting around playing Call of Duty for a fortnight.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 18 Nov 2014, 1:37 pm

George to be honest anything other than a win from the Scarlets will be a major let down for me, I don't mean that disrespectful to Glasgow, but we will be playing your second string side (and really only missing Lee, Ball and Li Williams from fielding our strongest fit side).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 18 Nov 2014, 2:06 pm

George Carlin wrote:Fiji have thankfully played all of their internationals now, so assuming that our 3 Weegian Fijians weren't injured playing against Wales (and all of them played) then I would expect them to be available.

That will make a big difference to Glasgow. Naka in particular was outstanding against Wales and could slot in with the captain of the Barbarian, the Mighty Al Kellock.

Mata ahead of McConnell will also give the Scarlets more to worry about in defence.

I'm with Dot on this. The Glasgow pack will be competitive but a centre pairing of Downey and Vernon with those wing options is a concern.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 18 Nov 2014, 2:24 pm

Fiji play USA on Friday & Canada play Romania.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 18 Nov 2014, 2:31 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Fiji play USA on Friday & Canada play Romania.
Ah poop. Last time I trust PlanetRugby to tell me anything.

Maybe Toonie won't release the players for those games.

On related news, Brazil play Uruguay 'A' on Saturday. I expect everyone here will be following that one keenly to see how it turns out.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Tue 18 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm

Any chance of asking Vern to give Barclay a late call up for the Tonga game?

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Wed 19 Nov 2014, 9:53 am

I see Nico has been dropped by Fiji, doesn't even bench. Does that mean we might get him back?

Jerry injured; Leone starts v. USA.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:18 am

I think that Toonie demanded him back.

I also recall an incident last year where Niko actually elected to play for Glasgow instead of Fiji.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

George Carlin wrote:I think that Toonie demanded him back.

I also recall an incident last year where Niko actually elected to play for Glasgow instead of Fiji.

We allowed Niko and Co to play for Fiji outside of the IRB window last year, when they played the Barbarians. Returning a favour?

Of course this doesn't mean that Niko is going to be available for Glasgow as he may still be in the extended Fiji squad as backs cover.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:37 am

Glasgow are not the same side without their Fijians, those players realy make a difference to them, I think the Scarlets should be aiming to win this game, and win it well.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:58 am

Definitely going to be a tough games for Glasgow, next week as well, as most of the internationals won't play then either. I have got a lot of confidence in our squad players though, plenty of whom are internationals themselves. We are still not going to be an easy team to beat and in some respects the pressure is on the Scarlet's to get the win here.

I watched the Fiji game and actually am not that surprised that Niko got dropped, he had one of his less consistent games. In a game of chuck it about madness, he actually kicked it away far to much. He actually does benefit from playing in a more structured team where he can be the wild card at times. When there are 15 wild cards on the pitch, he can get a bit lost. He certainly brought no control to the game.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Wed 19 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm

BigGee wrote:Definitely going to be a tough games for Glasgow, next week as well, as most of the internationals won't play then either. I have got a lot of confidence in our squad players though, plenty of whom are internationals themselves. We are still not going to be an easy team to beat and in some respects the pressure is on the Scarlet's to get the win here.

Yeah, can't see us getting anything on Friday.

Will be tougher next week, although depending on Scotland selections at the weekend we might see some of Weir, Pygros, Swinson, Fijians, DTH, Reid, Lamont etc available

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:05 pm

We can put out a decent enough pack this week and next

Welsh
McArthur
Allen
Ryder
Kellock
Fusaro
Wilson
Strauss

They are going to be competitive against most sides. Its in the backs that we are going to lack a bit of our normal magic. It might help if Nico is back, or if Henry is released/fit.

I would imagine it will be along the lines of

Prygros/Niko (if either available, McConnell if not)
Horne
Jones
Downey
Vernon
Hughes
Murchie

Solid if not quite as fast and dynamic as usual, but defensively solid and capable of grinding out some points. There are still 11 capped players in that side, Glasgow do have some depth in their squad. We are not looking at a 5 pointer here, but some points are certainly possible.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:28 pm

BigGee wrote:We are not looking at a 5 pointer here, but some points are certainly possible.

2pts could be likely, going by the Scarlets drawing habbit.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Wed 19 Nov 2014, 3:00 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
BigGee wrote:We are not looking at a 5 pointer here, but some points are certainly possible.

Given the mis-match on availability, I think I would take that if offered.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Wed 19 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

I think we should be asking for a bit of a helping hand from the national team. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a few guys back for this game.

Either Reid or Grant
JG or Swinson
Harley or Ashe
Pyrgos if Nico isn't available.
Russell or Weir
Maitland or Seymour.

They won't all be involved against Tonga and so might be available. If we get a fly-half and a winger sent home we can move Horne to 12 and the back line starts to look a bit more normal.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 19 Nov 2014, 3:20 pm

demosthenes wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Given the mis-match on availability, I think I would take that if offered.

Team Wales have cancelled Scott Williams' availability after all, must be issues with Foxy's fitness?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 19 Nov 2014, 4:36 pm

Weegie Wizard wrote:I think we should be asking for a bit of a helping hand from the national team. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a few guys back for this game.

Either Reid or Grant
JG or Swinson
Harley or Ashe
Pyrgos if Nico isn't available.
Russell or Weir
Maitland or Seymour.

They won't all be involved against Tonga and so might be available. If we get a fly-half and a winger sent home we can move Horne to 12 and the back line starts to look a bit more normal.

Maybe Grant or Reid, Pyrgos if they decide to keep Cus and Weir in the unlikely event that they pick Heathcote. If any of the others get released I am sure they will be rested. If they play for Scotland this week, then they will get rested for the next game. At least they should all be back for the next European games. You can't really argue with that, two or three international games will take it out of you and the season has a long way to go.

I am afraid we will just have to trust our squad, I think we still have a pretty good team. They won't be going down there thinking about losing. Plenty of them will want to make their mark and clamber up the pecking order and into the European team.

Our main worry is likely to be the absence of a top notch goal kicker and that might make the difference.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 19 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

Welsh LDS are on the bench, King to start.  So team probably look like

Steff Evans, Harry Robinson, Gareth Owen, Mike Tagicibau, Steve Shingler, Aled Davies;
Rob Evans, Kirby Myhill, Jacobie Adriaanse, Johan Snyman, George Earle, Aaron Shingler, John Barclay (c), Rory Pitman
(Reps-: Emyr Philips, Phil John, Peter Edwards, Rob McCusker, James Davies; Rhodri Williams, Rhys Priestland, Jordan Williams)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:53 pm

SS,

Has J Williams been injured this season as he seems to have dropped off radar a bit?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 19 Nov 2014, 9:04 pm

He played against Leinster and had a defensive howler, been dropped to Llanelli since, bar the LV=.  And thinking bout it he is trainning with Llanelli Rfc this week so won't be on the bench, and apparently Steff Hughes and Climo are with the Rfc this week too, so I can't think of who will get the wide back bench slot, maybe Aaron Warren.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Nov 2014, 6:04 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Welsh LDS are on the bench, King to start.  So team probably look like

Steff Evans, Harry Robinson, Gareth Owen, Mike Tagicibau, Steve Shingler, Aled Davies;
Rob Evans, Kirby Myhill, Jacobie Adriaanse, Johan Snyman, George Earle, Aaron Shingler, John Barclay (c), Rory Pitman
(Reps-: Emyr Philips, Phil John, Peter Edwards, Rob McCusker, James Davies; Rhodri Williams, Rhys Priestland, Jordan Williams)

Shocked Johnny B wouldn't captain against us, surely? They'll take away his Weegie Alumnus Card and make him buy all the drinks after the game.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Nov 2014, 6:12 am

Also, interesting stat on the offy preview that Scarlets haven't scored a try against Glasgow in the last 200 minutes of play.

Quite proud of that - can't be many other (I would say *any* other) teams who can say that against a team of strike runners like the Scarlets.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 20 Nov 2014, 11:34 am

Scatlets side named (in caps where I guessed wrong)

Steff Evans, Harry Robinson, REGAN KING, Mike Tagicibau, Steve Shingler, Aled Davies;
Rob Evans, Kirby Myhill, PETER EDWARDS, Johan Snyman, George Earle, Aaron Shingler, JAMES DAVIES, John Barclay (c)
(Reps-: Emyr Philips, Phil John, JACOBIE ADRIAANSE, Rob McCusker, RORY PITMAN; Rhodri Williams, Rhys Priestland, STEFF HUGHES)

Not bad guess, got a few players bench/start wrong way, and forgot Reggie, but other than that.....
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 20 Nov 2014, 11:54 am

Glasgow side named

Murchie, Jones, Vernon, Downey,  Hughes, Horne, Price
Allen, McArthur, Fagerson, Ryder, Kellock, Stauss, Fussaro, Wilson
(reps -: Bryce, Welsh De Klerk, Eddie, Holmes; Matawalu, Braid, Bryce)

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 20 Nov 2014, 11:56 am

Gotta say if the Scarlets don't win, and win well, that is us out of any chase for a play off spot, and will be a kick in the nuts for our Euro qualification chase too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Thu 20 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm

I'm all for Toonie giving folk a chance but we should really have Niko starting ahead of Price. I can only think we don't really want the game opening up and we want to try and win it up front.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 20 Nov 2014, 1:00 pm

I'm hoping for big games from Fusaro, Wilson and Downey.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu 20 Nov 2014, 1:21 pm

Still think our pack might get us through this one, it is a pretty impressive second string!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 20 Nov 2014, 1:22 pm

Allan and Fagerson starting at prop. Fair to say that's fantastic from a Scotland perspective looking forward.

Strong pack, dodgy backs - as expected.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Nov 2014, 2:31 pm

Am always amazed by what a strong pack we can turn out during the international window. It really is a credit to Toonie. To have guys like Welsh, Bryce and Eddie on the bench is such a comfort.

The backline is a real shotgun wedding of functionality with a lot of biff and some sporadic flair. It's been said before, but my biggest concern is the lack of an established goalkicker in Peter Horne (either smoking hot or freezing cold, nothing in between) and who will take over from him in this role if he has to go off. I know that Braid covers fly-half, centre and full-back so I am assuming it will be him.

Delighted to see what damage Zander is going to do - hope Rob Evans has been eating his Weetabix.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 20 Nov 2014, 2:36 pm

Weegie Wizard wrote:I'm all for Toonie giving folk a chance but we should really have Niko starting ahead of Price. I can only think we don't really want the game opening up and we want to try and win it up front.
I think that Niko has to be retained as a scrum half/wing supersub because we won't know which youngster may suck worse - with respect, it may be either Price or Hughes.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu 20 Nov 2014, 4:42 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Allan and Fagerson starting at prop. Fair to say that's fantastic from a Scotland perspective looking forward.

Strong pack, dodgy backs - as expected.

It remains to be seen how they will cope against a decent Scarlets scrum. Think the pack would be better with Strauss at 8 and Wilson at 6 too.

Delighted to see Welsh back at loosehead, however with the prospect of facing Toulouse without Murray and Cusack i'd rather have him getting game time at tighthead.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 20 Nov 2014, 6:02 pm

Tomorrow is a big day for Phil John, it will be his 300th appearance (Llanelli pre-regional and Scarlets), since 1999.  Also Aaron Shingler hits his 100th appearance too.

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/7225.php
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:09 am

Scarlets to lose by a cricket score tonight, I have lost my bleeding Spidey hat.......gutted as it will be my fault.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Fri 21 Nov 2014, 1:32 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Delighted to see Welsh back at loosehead, however with the prospect of facing Toulouse without Murray and Cusack i'd rather have him getting game time at tighthead.
Wonder if the emergence of Fargeson, the signings of Murray and De Klerk along with the return of Cusack has signalled a change of thinking for Welsh's future?

Originally thought Welsh was going to be first choice LH after Jacobson retired but Grant then moved along the M8 and really pushed on.  Wasn't against Welsh's move to TH and think he's done a good job.

Tough call though, he's a stronger scrummager than Grant but probably doesn't do as much around the paddock.  At TH, it's frustrating that he hasn't had a chance at Test level because other than against Toulon last season he's held his own and was first choice ahead of Cross and Low.  

Can't help thinking it's a bad thing to have 3 of Scotland's LH and a future prospect in Allen at the same club.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 21 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

reallybored wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Delighted to see Welsh back at loosehead, however with the prospect of facing Toulouse without Murray and Cusack i'd rather have him getting game time at tighthead.
Wonder if the emergence of Fargeson, the signings of Murray and De Klerk along with the return of Cusack has signalled a change of thinking for Welsh's future?

Or it could be that there is nobody else available! Very Happy

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Fri 21 Nov 2014, 2:07 pm

reallybored wrote:

Originally thought Welsh was going to be first choice LH after Jacobson retired but Grant then moved along the M8 and really pushed on.  Wasn't against Welsh's move to TH and think he's done a good job.

Tough call though, he's a stronger scrummager than Grant but probably doesn't do as much around the paddock.  At TH, it's frustrating that he hasn't had a chance at Test level because other than against Toulon last season he's held his own and was first choice ahead of Cross and Low.  

Can't help thinking it's a bad thing to have 3 of Scotland's LH and a future prospect in Allen at the same club.

I was in a motorbike garage in Glasgow last weekend before the All Blacks match and got talking to the guy that manages it and it turned out to be Jon Welsh's grandad. He was saying that Jon is a bit frustrated at Glasgow and might move south next season...

He also said that Geoff Cross is mental and that he lost a lot of respect from the guys as he didn't go home for his dad's funeral but just Skyped in.

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 21 Nov 2014, 5:03 pm

alexgmacdonald wrote:
reallybored wrote:

I was in a motorbike garage in Glasgow last weekend before the All Blacks match and got talking to the guy that manages it and it turned out to be Jon Welsh's grandad. He was saying that Jon is a bit frustrated at Glasgow and might move south next season...

He also said that Geoff Cross is mental and that he lost a lot of respect from the guys as he didn't go home for his dad's funeral but just Skyped in.

I rate Jon Welsh extremely high in terms of pure scrummaging and can't help but feel that Glasgow messed up a bit with him by switching him over to the tight, however he is so strong that it wasn't much of a problem for him, it would be absolutely terrible news if he moved south. Lets be quite honest de Kerk has been very poor.

I have said it before but a scrummaging outfit of Welsh and Cusack (in his late 2012 form) wouldn't take a backward step against anyone.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 21 Nov 2014, 7:38 pm

Not confident about this game. LBP will do

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri 21 Nov 2014, 7:54 pm

Been impressed with Price

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 21 Nov 2014, 7:58 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Been impressed with Price

and Rory Hughes, both making the most of any opportunities

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blindsided Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

A shame for fagerson. As ever with the front row, got no idea if it was his fault or if the ref just took a dislike early doors!

blindsided

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

The ref is blind, that went forward!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next