The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

+20
Notch
2ndtimeround
GLove39
The Saint
blindsided
cakeordeath
alexgmacdonald
reallybored
VinceWLB
funnyExiledScot
BigGee
Nematode
bedfordwelsh
LordDowlais
demosthenes
Weegie Wizard
ScarletSpiderman
Dorothy_Mantooth
Seagultaf
George Carlin
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Empty Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

Post by George Carlin Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Scarle10             Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Glasgo10
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors
Friday 21 November 2014, KO 19:35
Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli

Live on BBC Wales/BBC Sheepbotherer

Referee: David Wilkinson (IRFU, 29th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Craig Evans, Jon Mason (both WRU)
Citing Commissioner: Dennis Jones (WRU)
TMO: Tim Hayes (WRU)

A. Teams:

I. Scarlets
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Duffy10
15 Steffan Evans
14 Harry Robinson
13 Regan King
12 Gareth Owen
11 Michael Tagicakibau
10 Steven Shingler
9 Aled Davies

1 Rob Evans
2 Kirby Myhill
3 Peter Edwards
4 George Earle
5 Johan Snyman
6 Aaron Shingler
7 James Davies
8 John Barclay (c)

16 Emyr Phillips,
17 Phil John
18 Jacobie Adriaanse
19 Rob McCusker
20 Rory Pitman
21 Rhodri Williams
22 Rhys Priestland
23 Steffan Hughes

II. Glasgow Warriors
Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Kelly-10
15. Peter Murchie
14. Lee Jones
13. Richie Vernon
12. James Downey
11. Rory Hughes
10. Peter Horne
9. Ali Price

1. Alex Allan
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Zander Fagerson
4. Tom Ryder
5. Al Kellock (Captain)
6. Josh Strauss
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Ryan Wilson

16. Kevin Bryce
17. Jon Welsh
18. Rossouw de Klerk
19. James Eddie
20. Tyrone Holmes
21. Niko Matawalu
22. Connor Braid
23. Glenn Bryce

B. Form - head to head:

22 Played 2
10 Wins 12
12 Losses 10
0 Draws 0
52 Tries 56
25 Conversions 39
58 Penalties 49
1 Drop Goals 2
487 Points 511
21 Avg. Age 25

C. Form - last season:

Sat 5 Oct 2013
Scarlets 12 - 17 Glasgow Warriors
Parc y Scarlets

Sat 22 March 2014
Glasgow Warriors 14 - 6 Scarlets
Scotstoun Stadium

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Empty Re: Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

Post by cakeordeath Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:13 pm

This game is dire

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November - Page 2 Empty Re: Scarlets v Glasgow Warriors, 21 November

Post by cakeordeath Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:15 pm

As is the ref

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Great tackle by Lee Jones

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:27 pm

blindsided wrote:A shame for fagerson. As ever with the front row, got no idea if it was his fault or if the ref just took a dislike early doors!

Well the ref knew what he was doing imo and the coaching team appeared to agree with him too.

It was always going to be a big ask to start him at this level in those conditions.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Scarlets playimg well. Shutting down Glasgow and kicking their penalties

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Not sure the coaching team did. I suspect the reason for the substitution was to avoid a certain yellow

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:31 pm

cakeordeath wrote:Not sure the coaching team did. I suspect the reason for the substitution was to avoid a certain yellow

Well possible.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 pm

Niko is on!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:34 pm

Glasgow going all in!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:35 pm

That Scarlets 9 is terrible, has to be said.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:37 pm

Glasgow look better already

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Another great tackle by Rory Hughes

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:47 pm

VinceWLB wrote:That Scarlets 9 is terrible, has to be said.

Thanks. I've been saying that for 2 years. They're an odd bunch down west some times.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:58 pm

Glasgow lucky here, thought that was a fair contest.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 pm

The Saint wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:That Scarlets 9 is terrible, has to be said.

Thanks. I've been saying that for 2 years. They're an odd bunch down west some times.

At last they realised Priestland can't kick!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 pm

What a tackle by Fusaro!!!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:10 pm

About the only really positive thing for this game has been Glasgow's defence, it has been outstanding

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:13 pm

BigGee wrote:About the only really positive thing for this game has been Glasgow's defence, it has been outstanding

de Klerk scrummaging has been the best i have seen yet too

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:17 pm

Well it's been coming. That's the game sadly.

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Although looked strongly like a knock on during the replay??

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Hope getting 0 points from this game doesn't come back to haunt us

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:25 pm

Can't complain much about the result, Glasgow never looked like scoring a try all night, Scarlets on the other hand butchered a few chances.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm

Not a great result for Glasgow, we really should have got something from that game, even a point would have been good.

Peter Horne is not a tactical fly half, we never played that game in the right places. Priestland really showed us how it should be done on a horrible wet night in Wales. Well done to the Scarlets, deserved the points tonight. We need a few more of our internationals back, especially in the backs!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:38 pm

Scarlets looked dangerous everytime, Glasgow clueless. Good win for the Scarlets.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:05 pm

Just come back from the game and that has to be Wilkinson's worst performance yet, looking forward to seeing how he came up with half off his decisions when I watch the replay, especially giving Glasgow a Free Kick on 38 mins then awarding them a re-take when they kick it straight out thinking the 40 is up!!!. There's a live clock at either end off the pitch !!!!

The number of Irish officials now controlling the league is beyond a joke especially when you consider they have the same paymasters as 4 of the teams competing in the league with qualification places meaning improved revenue.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:14 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Just come back from the game and that has to be Wilkinson's worst performance yet, looking forward to seeing how he came up with half off his decisions when I watch the replay, especially giving Glasgow a Free Kick on 38 mins then awarding them a re-take when they kick it straight out thinking the 40 is up!!!. There's a live clock at either end off the pitch !!!!

The number of Irish officials now controlling the league is beyond a joke especially when you consider they have the same paymasters as 4 of the teams competing in the league with qualification places meaning improved revenue.

I think he told Glasgow time was up, so they kicked it out. Then the TMO corrected him so he gave Glasgow the kick again. Agreed that he wad pretty clueless at times, thought he had it in for Glasgow in the first half, and them just became impartially incompetent in the second.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:48 pm

There was nothing impartial about the 2nd half, I was suprised Scarlet's actually got the win as it looked from the stand like an attempt to influence what happens to the final Champions cup slot for next season, the Irish ~Union clearly think they can get all 4 regions in and it looks to me as if they are hedging their bets by flooding the league with officials.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:41 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:The number of Irish officials now controlling the league is beyond a joke especially when you consider they have the same paymasters as 4 of the teams competing in the league with qualification places meaning improved revenue.

I see somebody has been reading 'The Protocols of the Elders of Eireann' Wink

But how about this- if the Irish referees are out to help the Irish teams do as well as possible, wouldn't they want Scarlets to beat Glasgow since Glasgow are realistic title contenders and Scarlets- and I say this with as much respect as I can- and Scarlets aren't realistic title contenders?

It seems like Glasgow losing is a great result for Ulster, Munster and Leinster. If there is a conspiracy, surely the sensible thing to do would be to make sure Scarlets won this game and Glasgow lost by being biased towards the Scarlets not against them? Appreciate a Scarlets loss would be good for Connacht, but that theory relies on the IRFU actually doing something for Connacht and, well, if we're entertaining that notion we're in full-on David Icke territory now! Whistle

Anyway... good win Scarlets, congratulations from a Ulster fan Hug
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:22 am

2ndtimeround wrote:There was nothing impartial about the 2nd half, I was suprised Scarlet's actually got the win as it looked from the stand like an attempt to influence what happens to the final Champions cup slot for next season, the Irish ~Union clearly think they can get all 4 regions in and it looks to me as if they are hedging their bets by flooding the league with officials.

There are 3 provinces screaming for a Scarlets win here. But you reckon that there is some "Irish conspiracy" going on? I reckon you are struggling to see out through even one eye there.

Your team won and denied Glasgow a BP. But you see conspiracy. Try having a bit of class mate. He's not a great ref. but he is not biased.

Have a look at the Glasgow posters on the thread.

Rugby is a game where you kick the shyte out of one another and then shake hands and have a pint.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:53 am

Really not to much to take from that game, other than some pretty heroic defence which saved about 3 tries and decent enough performances from the 2 youngsters Price and Hughes. Price was unlucky to be subbed for Niko at half time as he had not really done anything wrong. I guess Toonie was looking for a bit of Niko magic to win the game for us, alas it was not to be.

The weather has turned now and we are into winter. Wins are probably going to be a bit harder earned than they used to be. I thought our tactics were pretty poor really but they may have been dictated by the players we had on offer. When Russell and Weir are away we do miss a controlling FH. Horne clearly is not that player and maybe Braid should have started there with Horne at 12. Hopefully Duncan Weir will be back next weekend, I expect Finn to be rested for a week and Duncy can show us what he can do. I am sure he will be a bit frustrated at benching for all three internationals.

I wonder about Downey being subbed at half time as well, was that an injury or was it tactical as well? It seemed the perfect night to have a big 12 bashing it up the middle, so if it was tactical, it was a strange call and one that did not work. The jury still very much out on the Vernon switch to centre as well, he did not show a great deal, but then again hardly saw the ball. It may be that we are still a couple of midfield backs away from being a complete squad.

It was tough on Fargerson to get pulled in the way, but with hindsight he should probably not have started. He is only 18 and runs off the bench are probably what he needs at the moment. Hopefully it will not have knocked his confidence to much, it is all part of the very step learning curve for him.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:17 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
2ndtimeround wrote:There was nothing impartial about the 2nd half, I was suprised Scarlet's actually got the win as it looked from the stand like an attempt to influence what happens to the final Champions cup slot for next season, the Irish ~Union clearly think they can get all 4 regions in and it looks to me as if they are hedging their bets by flooding the league with officials.

There are 3 provinces screaming for a Scarlets win here. But you reckon that there is some "Irish conspiracy" going on? I reckon you are struggling to see out through even one eye there.

Your team won and denied Glasgow a BP. But you see conspiracy. Try having a bit of class mate. He's not a great ref. but he is not biased.

Rugby is a game where you kick the shyte out of one another and then shake hands and have a pint.

Great post.

I can't even imagine what 2ndtimeround would have said had the Scarlets lost.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:27 am

VinceWLB wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

Great post.

I can't even imagine what 2ndtimeround would have said had the Scarlets lost.

Absolutely nothing as that would then have just been classed as a bad loser blaming the officials.
Getting the win does not change the fact that the officiating in this league is questionable at best and is unarguably been dominated more and more by Irish officials.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:47 am

Horne is vastly overrated.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:09 pm

madmaccas wrote:Horne is vastly overrated.

Would not totally agree with that, but he is certainly not a first line FH and he certainly did not play well last night. He has played much better than that for us before though.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:15 pm

The ref appeared to have decided to ref against us after the stick he got for not having a clue about the time.  Personally I was sitting there wondering how he was going to win Glasgow the game for them.  

It was a woeful game, dire conditions, and I guess it was fitting that the ref and Tim Hayes both seemed dire too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:20 pm

2ndTime, let's face it unless we say "the Scarlets didn't deserve to win, and the ref was cheating for us, the opposition were our superiors in every facet of the game" our opinions will be run down, or just plain ignored on here.  But I guess that might be why there a hardly any welsh posters left here, and even fewer Scarlets fans.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Not at all spider. Its the weird conspiracy theories and constant claims of "its not fair" "biased ref"that sullies your contribution.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 pm

TJ let's face it if we say, "thought that was a forward pass, but oh well" its classed as whinging bout the ref.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:10 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:2ndTime, let's face it unless we say "the Scarlets didn't deserve to win, and the ref was cheating for us, the opposition were our superiors in every facet of the game" our opinions will be run down, or just plain ignored on here.  But I guess that might be why there a hardly any welsh posters left here, and even fewer Scarlets fans.

Bingo.

However, I don't buy into Irish conspiracy theory. Their success is more to do with the capabilities of the provincial teams.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Forgot to comment - we'll done Scarlets.
I didn't have a problem with the reffing - all c0ck ups within the permitted tolerance.

Shows how tough it's going to be to maintain both European and domestic campaigns for us.

2 losses now. 4 in the whole of last season, 3 of those during the test window. With the 6N coming up, that's our margin for error gone.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Given that he is likely to be in the squad against the Boks next week did Priestland play at all?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Priest started at full half when King was withdrawn 'last minute' with Shingler moving to outside centre.  He didn't shine too much, but did nothing wrong either.  It was a truely aweful game though
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:13 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Priest started at full half when King was withdrawn 'last minute' with Shingler moving to outside centre.  He didn't shine too much, but did nothing wrong either.  It was a truely aweful game though

I got the feeling he was going through the motions and looked very low on confidence, not suprising given the stick he takes on boards such as this. Likely to be on the bench for wales on Saturday when frankly he could do with a spell building his form and confidence at the Scarlets.

PS
Just watched Wales big hope Anscombe on his debut for the Blues. He looked very rusty, a few nice runs but very mistake ridden performance in a poor Blues side. Too early to tell but on today's performance has a lot to de to get into the 6N squad (unless of course he gets the promised central contract, then they will have to pick him but that's another story).

Last edited by Seagultaf on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:16 pm

[quote="Seagultaf"]
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

PS
Just watched Wales big hope Anscombe on his debut for the Blues. He looked very rusty, a few nice runs but very mistake ridden performance in a poor Blues side. Too early to tell but on today's performance has a lot to de to get into the 6N squad (unless of course he gets the promised central contract, then they will have to pick him but that's another story).

Therein lies my criticism of fast tracking him as if all rumours are true he will get a dual contract
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:30 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

PS

Therein lies my criticism of fast tracking him as if all rumours are true he will get a dual contract

Way to early to say definitively but he did not look like an international player on today's performance. Mind you , the same would apply to the whole of the Blues side, I wonder if he really knows what he has let himself in for!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Anscombe did show some glimpse of class here and there but overall i would say he hasn't backed up all the big talk about him.

When they all gel together the Blues could have a pretty handy back line with the likes of Cuthbert, Patchell, Amorosino and Tuculet coming into the team but they will need to play with a lot more intent than what they showed tonight.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Priest started at full half when King was withdrawn 'last minute' with Shingler moving to outside centre.  He didn't shine too much, but did nothing wrong either.  It was a truely aweful game though

I got the feeling he was going through the motions and looked very low on confidence, not suprising given the stick he takes on boards such as this. Likely to be on the bench for wales on Saturday when frankly he could do with a spell building his form and confidence at the Scarlets.

PS

So just when you think the public, coaches and media run out of the excuses they can make for him, his exceptionally poor form is the fault of rugby fans on V2! Brilliant.

Hope he (and Hook) are nowhere near the team again. But that just leave the question of who will be back-up to Biggar this weekend.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Thought Anscome was poor today, given what he was playing behind that's understandable, he may come on to be a player.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:2ndTime, let's face it unless we say "the Scarlets didn't deserve to win, and the ref was cheating for us, the opposition were our superiors in every facet of the game" our opinions will be run down, or just plain ignored on here.  But I guess that might be why there a hardly any welsh posters left here, and even fewer Scarlets fans.

Come on man, its important not to run down people unnecessarily but when you have people coming out with mad conspiracy theories that don't even make sense in the context of the game people are quite entitled to take those arguments apart!

Otherwise we're just living in fear of contradicting things that are ridiculous and insane. Difference of opinions, fine. Things that are actually crazy- also fine, but you have to expect the craziness will be pointed out! It's like David Icke getting upset because it turns out nobody else agrees that the Queen is a lizard. It's a wee bit unreasonable.

When someone argues that as part of a fiendish plan to dominate the Pro12 the IRFU is instructing their referees to rig matches in favour of the team that is the biggest threat to the Irish sides winning the thing, that can surely be highlighted as plain nuts- can't it? It doesn't even make sense.

Of course I would say that though. I'm part of the conspiracy! Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:47 pm

Notch wrote:

Come on man, its important not to run down people unnecessarily but when you have people coming out with mad conspiracy theories that don't even make sense in the context of the game people are quite entitled to take those arguments apart!

Of course they're entitled to it, so long as it's directed at the poster.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next