The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

+13
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Seanusarrilius
CallMeBenji
TopHat24/7
AdamT
Rowley
horizontalhero
Coxy001
Hammersmith harrier
Kareem61
Derbymanc
DDGO2
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight Empty Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:02 am

He really is, the guy is gun shy, no longer has the ability to evade shots, and lacks business in the ring.

People who think he will fight Pac are mad. Pac has the workrate and movement to win a 12 round decision, Mayweather will in no way go in with him. We'll get Thurman, Khan or Devon in the next year.

I hate Mayweather as a man, but as a boxer he is sublime (not now but in the past), and he knows this, and cares for his legacy, so will simply see out his days manipulating lessor fighters in negotiations and out pointing inexperienced boxers.

It's a shame.

Pac v Mayweather is the greatest non-event of the 21st century (in boxing terms).

Prime without roids Pac gets bossed for me.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight Empty Re: Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:30 am

51st Mayweather fight will be vs Pac with retirement happening immediatly after if he wins.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight Empty Re: Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:31 am

50th? not if Arum is involved, he hates him so bad.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:59 am

51st DDG, think it was mentioned on here that Mayweather might want to match Marciano's record. If so I reckon it'll be his 51st fight regardless of those involved. Would help cement his legacy by beating his major rival whilst also beating a long standing record.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:04 am

Are you basing this on any evidence or is it just a wind up? How can you call an undefeated fighter, beating other top ranked fighters and at no point looking like losing, "shot"? Utterly ridiculous.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:11 am

Kareem the man is flat footed now, rests on the ropes for far too long, realies massively on an opponent making mistakes when flinging shots, controls little of the center, and gets tagged. He shot.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:12 am

And still wins.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:14 am

Is this Emore, the cretinous hyperbole screams of him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:19 am

Yes he wins, and yes he is still great, but he is slipping.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:22 am

Is he as good as 2-3 years ago? Of course not! But to say he is shot is farcical. Horrific choice of word. If Mayweather is shot then god only knows how you'd describe the rest of the division.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:28 am

Mark my words, he will go out on a stretcher if he goes in with Pac now. A stretcher. I don't want that for him , despite his horrible nature outside the ring.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:29 am

It's definitely Emore then, neither Algieri, Bradley or Rios went out on a stretcher but the defensively imperious Mayweather does.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:43 am

This has to be a wind up. I shall devote no more of my time to this joke.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:13 pm

Is the OP a wum and been banned before or something?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

DDGO2 wrote:Kareem the man is flat footed now, rests on the ropes for far too long, realies massively on an opponent making mistakes when flinging shots, controls little of the center, and gets tagged. He shot.

Sounds like Ali when he fought Foreman.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

Captain Kirk wrote:Is the OP a wum and been banned before or something?

Perish the thought.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:53 pm

Both floyd and Manny have lost a step. This is why this fight needs to happen next because one of them will lose soon.

Floyd is great but he is getting older and as he gets older the legs will get slower and his punch stats will go down.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Is this Emore, the cretinous hyperbole screams of him.

Lacks emore's humour.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm

I actually thought that Mayweather had actually been shot with a gun when I read the thread title because it didn't even cross my mind that anyone with a modicum of boxing knowledge could refer to Mayweather as "shot".

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 1:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Is this Emore, the cretinous hyperbole screams of him.

Lacks emore's humour.......

It's the stretcher comment, the exact same one he made about Hopkins yonks ago.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:40 pm

I have no idea what you are discussing but the poster sounds infamous. I don't want to be infamous, I want to be respected. I have strong boxing knowledge, I feel, and enjoy chatting with people about boxing. I don't have many friends where I live so if possible it be nice to just chat on here. If I receive abuse I will simply not post. This is my first social network, not bad so far.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:42 pm

How do you expect to be respected by posting such nonsense?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:46 pm

I find the boxing board runs better if everyone spends more time discussing boxing and less time debating whether members are aliases/previously banned departed members. Just a thought, albeit one based on having been doing this for far longer than I would care to remember.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:47 pm

Kareem it is an opinion, you can be a fanboy or debate the post. Which do you choose?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm

DDGO2 wrote:I have no idea what you are discussing but the poster sounds infamous. I don't want to be infamous, I want to be respected. I have strong boxing knowledge,

Think I'm beginning to agree with Hammer......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm

Maidana should not have been able to get to Mayweather, he is an extremely slow and rugged fighter with little brains when in a battle. A year ago he wouldn't have landed 50 punches over 12 but now hits triple figures? I mean Mayweather is still training right? On that last performance I questioned if he knew that he was in a ring. Mental issues?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm

Rowley wrote:I find the boxing board runs better if everyone spends more time discussing boxing and less time debating whether members are aliases/previously banned departed members. Just a thought, albeit one based on having been doing this for far longer than I would care to remember.

Reinstate my thread and I'll stop commenting.... boxing raspberry

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm

Agree with Rowley. The board seems to be full of actual boxing talk lately. Let us try and keep it hat way.

I think May v Pac happens.

Here is why:

May has run out of options. If he can't steal a 2nd Cotto fight from Canelo, he will have to give up May date. He won't be willing to do that.
May is reportedly guaranteed $100 million for this fight and will prob make more. Money talks
Pac needs the fight. His sudden willingness to call May out tells you all you need to know about his finances.
Still breaks records.
Oscar is kind of pushing May into a corner by negotiating hard for Cotto v Canelo. May has to take a bigger fight and their is only one.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:58 pm

Seanus I hope and pray you are right, this is the perfect time for Pac to dismantle Mayweather insider 12.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:11 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:I find the boxing board runs better if everyone spends more time discussing boxing and less time debating whether members are aliases/previously banned departed members. Just a thought, albeit one based on having been doing this for far longer than I would care to remember.

Have you not got someone you can annoy on the off topic section? Honestly, what is the point of having it if you're going to be a pain in the arse on here?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm

I'm a fanboy for seeing you for the wum you are? As I've previously said on this thread, Mayweather has declined, there is no doubt. Is he shot? Not by a long stretch, it's a ridiculous statement from someone clealry seeking attention. More fool me for giving it you.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:16 pm

Mayweather may be forced to take it. Alvarez is planning to take over the two dates Mayweather usually fights on - which obliterates the hispanic market who pay to see Floyd lose.

With options dwindling, this might be the only well-paid gig left in town.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

Let us hope so.

Mayweather signs Ariza so he can get juiced up for fights and you DON'T think he is shot? Madness.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

I have been saying it for ages, Floyd vs Manny in May.

Reasons being, he has no other opponents that will lift his numbers over a million.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

Course the mega fight between Khan and Brook overshadows this by some considerable distance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:19 pm

Is this D4??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:20 pm

People pay to see the name....

Great fighters coming to the end are like great crooners..

People want to see something they'll never see again..

Mayweather sells however much you hate him..

Get over it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:21 pm

Canelo v Cotto and MAy v Pac on the same card puts boxing back in the nig league, the only one stopping that happening is Money May All Day Idiot.

Imagine Cotto and Pac training together to defeat Canelo and May on a HBO 24 7? it be spectacular viewing. Some Rocky SH**

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:28 pm

Yesterday I took you seriously..

But obviously you're  a timewaster..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Have you not got someone you can annoy on the off topic section? Honestly, what is the point of having it if you're going to be a pain in the arse on here?

I thought being a pain was the ONLY point of me being here?! laughing

Did start a serious thread though, and it wasn't me that derailed it.......

PS: Off Topic is dead Sad

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

It could happen TRUSS, why not?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:People pay to see the name....

Great fighters coming to the end are like great crooners..

People want to see something they'll never see again..

Mayweather sells however much you hate him..

Get over it !!

A vast proportion of people pay to see him beaten. He fights against Hispanic fighters on Cinco de Mayo and Mexican Independence Day for that specific reason. Alvarez will now take that market away from him.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:33 pm

If Mayweather beats Pacquiao (more like when) will any of you guys even give him credit? If not, then why bother even fighting him?

Think If Floyd found a way to beat Wlad people would still give him no credit.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:34 pm

Maidana doesn't have much of a following...

Look people pay to see Boxing's best operator in action and to pay to see him win or lose...

There are people that appreciate talent....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:40 pm

I misread the OP title and thought it said Mayweather Shot"

I felt like letting out a whoop whoo but then I realised he isn't a cartoon character but is actually a person. Hard to separate the two when it comes to Mayweather.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maidana doesn't have much of a following...

Look people pay to see Boxing's best operator in action and to pay to see him win or lose...

There are people that appreciate talent....

I'm sure there are. I see a number of folk on Twitter who pay to watch him for that reason.

The main bulk of his PPV buys, though, are from the Hispanic market in the US - the lifeblood of the sport in many ways. They pay to see Latino fighters have a crack at him. That's why he hand picks them: Guerrero, Ortiz, Maidana, Alvarez etc.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm

most pay praying to see Mayweather get KTFO

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:54 pm

AdamT wrote:If Mayweather beats Pacquiao (more like when) will any of you guys even give him credit? If not, then why bother even fighting him?

Credit where's credit's due.

With Pac it was due when he was at his 'suspicious peak' which coincided with Mayweather's 'suspicious retirement' in 08/09.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:57 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:If Mayweather beats Pacquiao (more like when) will any of you guys even give him credit? If not, then why bother even fighting him?

Credit where's credit's due.

With Pac it was due when he was at his 'suspicious peak' which coincided with Mayweather's 'suspicious retirement' in 08/09.

2 druggies Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:58 pm

They are both suspicious...Those are the times we are in..

Let's be honest though back in the coke days of the 80's....If you'll snort coke you'd hardly not drop some d-bol...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next