The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

+13
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Seanusarrilius
CallMeBenji
TopHat24/7
AdamT
Rowley
horizontalhero
Coxy001
Hammersmith harrier
Kareem61
Derbymanc
DDGO2
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight - Page 2 Empty Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:02 am

First topic message reminder :

He really is, the guy is gun shy, no longer has the ability to evade shots, and lacks business in the ring.

People who think he will fight Pac are mad. Pac has the workrate and movement to win a 12 round decision, Mayweather will in no way go in with him. We'll get Thurman, Khan or Devon in the next year.

I hate Mayweather as a man, but as a boxer he is sublime (not now but in the past), and he knows this, and cares for his legacy, so will simply see out his days manipulating lessor fighters in negotiations and out pointing inexperienced boxers.

It's a shame.

Pac v Mayweather is the greatest non-event of the 21st century (in boxing terms).

Prime without roids Pac gets bossed for me.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

deleted post

Last edited by AdamT on Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather is Shot: No Chance of Pac Fight

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:05 pm

Unless someone has been caught, as in failed a test, they are clean and will be treated as such on here. The forum has no interest in being sued because you lot cannot be arsed to choose your words more carefully.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm

American doping agencies have a history of being corrupt and incompetent....Look at Marion Jones and Lance..

If it's like that in the States....No chance in the Philippines..

Only ever said there is suspicion...Rowls.

Not libelled anybody..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:07 pm

Idiots

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm

Yes no direct accusations......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

Unless we're accusing DDG20 (or whatever Emore calls himself this week) of being a WUM

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Not libelled anybody..

There was a deleted post that was not quite as subtle Truss. None of us are idiots on here and I would like to think the topic has been discussed enough on here for us all to understand the position of the forum. There is a world of difference between saying something like "Manny is on peds" as opposed to "I have always believed Manny is on peds" I would like to think we are all bright enough to grasp the distinction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:15 pm

The dd In his username is great cover though !! Dave..

Agree Rowley...Thinking is one thing and putting down is another...
Just like my sex life..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:22 pm

Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Not libelled anybody..

There was a deleted post that was not quite as subtle Truss. None of us are idiots on here and I would like to think the topic has been discussed enough on here for us all to understand the position of the forum. There is a world of difference between saying something like "Manny is on peds" as opposed to "I have always believed Manny is on peds" I would like to think we are all bright enough to grasp the distinction.
You and John Lennon eh Rowley, just a couple of wide eyed dreamers

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 4:32 pm

I think it's good to protect the forum but let's be honest, in boxing corruption is prevalent, we all know this. We do not need to dig deeper but we know.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm

Hey up D4. How's things?

This is a perfect time for PAC to destroy Floyd within 12?

PAC couldn't put away Rios, Algieri PR Bradley and actually for put away himself by JMM...they guy Floyd destroyed over 12 and made to look amateur.

How can anyone say either Floyd OR pac are shot? On what basis?

The fact Maidana is a strong welterweight who beat Ortiz, hammered the next best Broner and pushed Khan.....of course he will land some shots.

Bradley beat Pacman...is he shot?

JMM knocked him cold...is he shot?

Algieri only got knocked down 4 times not 6...is that because he is shot?

Come on mate.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 8:58 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:
[1]PAC couldn't put away Rios, Algieri PR Bradley and actually for put away himself by JMM...[2]they guy Floyd destroyed over 12 and made to look amateur.

[1] Exactly, proof that he hasn't carried magical power up the weights. His ko record above 135 is no better than Floyd's.

[2] The guy Floyd blew up to 142 (or was it 144) despite never coming in above 135 and then Floyd ignored the catchweight anyway......might've helped? Styles make fights (as the great Truss likes to say) and JMM was made for Floyd but the perfect foil for Manny. Take another common oppo - Cotto. Floyd looked anything but good against a high workrate boxer-puncher whereas Manny 'destroyed' him, to borrow your vernacular.

Agree your central premise though, neither can be called shot. Manny has definitely lost his edge in speed and possibly power, whilst we haven't had a chance to tell yet whether the JMM wipe-out has had a lasting effect on his usually durable chin. Floyd definitely hasn't looked at this imperious best either, Canelo was his last masterclass but equally the Mexican should have been a massive challenge but turned out to be a training session. Floyd looks to have lost a few percent off both his speed and reflexes (he is almost 40 ffs!).

But Christ almighty, neither could ever be called shot!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:36 am

To be fair Toppie Mayweather did fight him at a 9lb higher weight and didn't ask for a catchweight like Manny did. Would Manny go up to 154 to face Cotto? Of course he wouldn't.

Have long held the belief that if they do fight Floyd destroys him. In my opinion Manny had a bit of 'help' from going to being unable to blast a massively average David Diaz out of there at 135 (when he had pretty much total freedom to tee off on him) yet starts knocking down people like Cotto at higher weights.

The fight would've happened ages ago if he'd agreed to take a drugs test. It's my view he didn't take them because he has things to hide.

Assume that isn't libelous as it's my opinion he's a cheat and a fraud.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:43 am

Just had to remove another post for obvious reasons. If anyone is in doubt (which you're not, but I'll humour you for't time being) then have a look at Rowley's red pen stuff above.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:48 am

thought police, fair enough, we love the board so don't want it getting taken down.

good move, Chris.

Wait, was that my post? :/

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

YouTube commenters say far worse things. Twitter pillocks the same.

Just sayin'

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 9:58 am

Aye, well we're not on Twitter or YouTube, Kirk. I imagine those sites have got a bit more in the kitty and better legal teams than we have, too (no offence, Superfly).

The site has been threatened with legal action before because of that kind of stuff and the athletics section ended up going as a result. So just try to keep it a bit tighter with regards to that stuff if it's not too much bother, please.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:09 am

Captain Kirk wrote:YouTube commenters say far worse things. Twitter pillocks the same.

Just sayin'

Go on there then. What happens on other sites does not dictate what gets said on here, the moderation team does. Our stance on this is not our initial negotiating position.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 10:21 am

Rowley wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:YouTube commenters say far worse things. Twitter pillocks the same.

Just sayin'

Go on there then. What happens on other sites does not dictate what gets said on here, the moderation team does. Our stance on this is not our initial negotiating position.

I have posted on YouTube twice, once some rather pleasant fella was on about raping my dog and crapping down my throat. Charming chap he was.

No worries Jeffrey, will be a good lad*

[color:a9ed=#ccc]*Cannot be held responsible for any drunken ramblings after 11pm

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:49 am

Captain Kirk wrote:To be fair Toppie Mayweather did fight him at a 9lb higher weight and didn't ask for a catchweight like Manny did. Would Manny go up to 154 to face Cotto? Of course he wouldn't.

Which fight are you talking about? I'm confused. Because if it's Canelo, then:

(1) Mayweather was 154 champ and had fought at the full 154 weight only a couple fo fights earlier versus Cotto, as well as ODLH back in the day.

(2) He did ask for a catchweight (god knows why, as it totally underminded him) at 152 lbs.

(3) What was Manny's catchweight for his 154lb 'title' versus Margacheato? 151lbs??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 11:51 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Captain Kirk wrote:To be fair Toppie Mayweather did fight him at a 9lb higher weight and didn't ask for a catchweight like Manny did. Would Manny go up to 154 to face Cotto? Of course he wouldn't.

Which fight are you talking about? I'm confused. Because if it's Canelo, then:

(1) Mayweather was 154 champ and had fought at the full 154 weight only a couple fo fights earlier versus Cotto, as well as ODLH back in the day.

(2) He did ask for a catchweight (god knows why, as it totally underminded him) at 152 lbs.

(3) What was Manny's catchweight for his 154lb 'title' versus Margacheato? 151lbs??

Pac fought Cotto @ 145, FMJ fought him @ 154?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:04 pm

And what was his fighting weight at the time?

As the best Cotto has ever been was when he was a leading light on the 147 scene. If that 2lb drop for Pac was sufficient to totally undermine the result then the same principal applies to disregard Floyd's 'top wins' (recent) of JMM (catchweight + ignored) & Canelo (catchweight by 2lbs).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm

"Shot"? Am I reading that right? You may say he's slipped a gear or two, but he's still comfortably winning fights - to suggest he's shot is ridiculous. I know who this is anyway. Thought he'd left but no such luck.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

IMO he is shot and anyone with any sort of boxing skills and speed will beat him. Khan can beat him if he doesn't get caught, styles make fights.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

DDGO2 wrote:IMO he is shot and anyone with any sort of boxing skills and speed will beat him. Khan can beat him if he doesn't get caught, styles make fights.

Yup, it's definitely D4. 100%.

But, who am I... moaahaha

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:46 pm

I am not D4. You lot get a different opinion and ostracize that poster to the point of them getting banned or bullied off the board. I've been on here 4 days and I've noticed this.

Is this what the forum is about? If so please close my account now. School boy stuff.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

DDGO2 wrote:I am not D4. You lot get a different opinion and ostracize that poster to the point of them getting banned or bullied off the board. I've been on here 4 days and I've noticed this.

Is this what the forum is about? If so please close my account now. School boy stuff.
BEST THING YOU'LL EVER POST ON HERE....MODS TAKE NOTE AND THEN TAKE ACTION. HE'S AKED, PLEASE OBLIGE

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:52 pm

People have been banned inside the 4 days you've been on here?!

And Khan wouldn't get near FMJ, it's a silly statement "If he doesn't get hit". Of course he's going to get hit, it's boxing. If Maidana/Prescott/Fagan/Gomez/that french schoolteacher/Garcia can deck Khan am pretty sure FMJ will have no problems in finding that jaw made of straw.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:53 pm

Never understood why there's any debate in terms of pitting Mayweather's win over Cotto against Pacquiao's. It's not even close. Mayweather won a competitive fight on points, Pacquiao dominated Cotto and stopped him after a prolonged beating.

Because general consensus these days is that Floyd's the better fighter, it's almost as if people think that there just has to be a dark reason or mitigating factor when it appears that Manny has out-performed him against a certain opponent, as if something like that is just impossible.

A common complaint from Mayweather fanatics used as a way to degrade Pacquiao's win over Cotto back in the day was that Cotto had never recovered psychologically from the Margarito experience and that he was ripe for the picking. Pacquiao gave him another tonking on the back of that, yet suddenly when he fights Mayweather he's rejuvinated on the back of beating Yuri Foreman, Mayorga and a Margarito who was very, very much on his way out and over the hill. I don't see how beating those guys proves that Cotto was better at 154 than he was at Welter when it's the latter division which saw him establish himself as a pound for pound player and score most of his best wins / performances (Judah, Mosley etc). In his next fight after Mayweather he got near enough shut out by Trout.

Welterweight was Cotto's ideal division really, not Light-Middle. I doubt he moved up after losing to Pacquiao because of issues making weight, for me it's more likely that after the shellackings from Margarito and Manny he and his team thought the last thing he needed was to be in a more talent-laden Welterweight division and saw an opportunity to rebuild and bag a more straightforward title in a (then) relatively dead Light-Middle division, which was the sensible thing for him at the time.

The catchweight was a pain in the jacksie, mostly because annoyingly it's clear that Pacquiao would still have demolished Cotto even without one, so in essence Manny did himself out of some credit there. Cotto coming in 1 lb lighter than he had done for his previous two fights had no bearing on that fight as far as I can see. Manny had still been fighting at Super-Feather only twenty months beforehand!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 12:57 pm

When are they looking to fight, anyone know? Will it May or September (Mayweather fights on those dates usually)? Probably going to go to it, hoping later in the year in September so I can go first class Smile

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Thu 04 Dec 2014, 2:16 pm

bragging about 1st class: sinister. Wink

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2