The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye ready for comeback!

+30
trottb
SugarRayBray
Adam D
catchweight
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
ShahenshahG
Dipper Brown
Coxy001
88Chris05
DuransHorse
dangerous_mouse
md_fan
Rowley
Steffan
3fingers
monty junior
jimdig
rycoys
Duty281
jimmy glitter pants
lfc91
hampo17
Boxtthis
tunes666
hazharrison
hayemaker
34 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Haye ready for comeback! - Page 4 Empty Haye ready for comeback!

Post by hayemaker Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi everyone. Hope Christmqs has been a good one. Here is just a little something for some of the Haye doubters out there to ponder.

Former two-division world champion David Haye (26-2, 24KOs) has assured his fans that they haven't seen the last of him. The 34-year-old boxer is promising to return in style. Haye has been inactive since July 2012, when he knocked out Dereck Chisora.

Since the win over Chisora, injuries forced him to withdraw from planned fight with Manuel Charr and two scheduled dates with Tyson Fury. The second injury promoted Haye to get right shoulder surgery and says doctors advised me to retire.

"The shoulder is fixed, for me that was the most important thing. I didn't want to rush an announcement [on my comeback], have a set back, and have to have another six months out," Haye told The Independent. "I'm punching harder than before now because of the rehab. My right is now stronger than my left and is stronger than before surgery. Trust me, 2015 is the return of 'The Hayemaker', I'll be bigger, better, faster, stronger, with a new plan."

This is exactly what I have been expecting. I think after a year of disappointment 2015 is going to be a HUGE one for Haye. He is fit again and already plotting his comeback. We havent seen the last of the Hyemaker! Expect big things in 2015!

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Haye ready for comeback! - Page 4 Empty Re: Haye ready for comeback!

Post by milkyboy Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:01 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:I've never been one for adding to a debate so I just want to say LOL (ha for the old school). There's been some funny stuff on this thread.

Few of us let our inability to add to a debate, deter us from 'contributing' regardless ranjit.

As for all this sporting achievement nonesense. I got a bronze award for two widths of Guiseley baths when I was a lad, but you don't see me on here getting all billy big time.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Until I see Haye in the ring wearing shorts and gloves with a referee and opponent in the opposite corner, I'll not get too excited about a comeback.

Does a rematch with any of the following count as an opponent though?

Barrett
Ruiz
Chisora
Valuev

Unless you're Hayemaker in disguise, in which case they were all (and still are) more dangerous than having a hot bath whilst juggling 3 cattleprods.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 pm

I can't swim and "backsculled" my way 5 metres across Richard Dunn's swimming pool when I was 9. They gave me a badge that I was proud of until some lad showed me his certificate for swimming two miles....suddenly it seemed a lot less impressive. That's the reason I don't go on about it.

Nor do I mention the fact that I'm in the Guinness book of Records for being part of the largest group/rock drum kit ensemble playing together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
Until I see Haye in the ring wearing shorts and gloves with a referee and opponent in the opposite corner, I'll not get too excited about a comeback.

Does a rematch with any of the following count as an opponent though?

Barrett
Ruiz
Chisora
Valuev

Unless you're Hayemaker in disguise, in which case they were all (and still are) more dangerous than having a hot bath whilst juggling 3 cattleprods.
To be honest, even fighting Enzo Macc again would be an improvement on his current situation. However, Haye will most likely attempt to hijack someone else's press conference with a view to drumming up interest in a "grudge match".

The most disappointing thing for me is that, Wlad aside, and when Haye can be bothered, he's a decent enough fighter who more often that not gives a good account of himself. The quality of HW out there shouldn't strike fear into someone of his ability but for whatever reason he chooses not to enter into the fray. Still, I've no vested interest in his career outside of that of a casual observer (don't get to watch any fights these days and generally hear about them a couple of days after. Any new Haye fight is unlikely to buck that trend).

It's a shame or it's not depending on your point of view. I'm generally disinterested in the main.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:20 pm

Ditto Dave, no interest in him unless he suddenly announces he's fighting someone like Arreola and then signs to face Fury.

Should all get behind the future i.e. Joshua. He was at the darts as well last night, proper lad mixing it with the working class as some sort of charity relief worker.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:53 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I can't swim and "backsculled" my way 5 metres across Richard Dunn's swimming pool when I was 9. They gave me a badge that I was proud of until some lad showed me his certificate for swimming two miles....suddenly it seemed a lot less impressive. That's the reason I don't go on about it.

Nor do I mention the fact that I'm in the Guinness book of Records for being part of the largest group/rock drum kit ensemble playing together.

They named a baths in bradford after Richard dunn? Is that because he generally looked like he was drowning in the ring.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:37 am

It's actually a Sports Centre, not just a measly swimming baths.

Hey man, he fought Ali in Munich in '75 (the last stoppage of Ali's career) and got leveled by Bugner in one round...just think what would have happened if he'd gone 2 rounds...I'd be living in Dunneford.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:03 am

I lived in leeds at the time of those fights Dave. I recall the misguided excitement on 'look north'.

Not a bad fighter bugner, if you made him angry. Dunn went down from pretty much the first punch and bugner battered him around the ring for a couple of minutes before poleaxing him.

They'd have done better to name a lumber yard after him than a leisure centre.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:08 am

trottb wrote:Was any of that really much worse than claiming to be a scratch golfer, top cricketer (with bat, ball and gloves, Web designer, entrepreneur, a complete stud muffin an much much more? Athlete...

Wow Coxy is a helluva guy !! .................Please, please, please come to the weightlifting section to enlighten us !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:09 am

I think Haye's real problem is that he's an entirely manufactured heavyweight. He's bulked up to the backteeth on muscle potions which - while he looks the part physically - severely hamper his stamina. They also can't improve his punch resistance.

So, while he wields unusual power for a bulked up cruiser, he doesn't have the stamina to fight at any great clip (he was really starting to blow against Chisora) and doesn't have a good enough chin to gamble on a quick and explosive finish.

What we're left with is a speedy pot-shotter with a lax defence and an anaemic punch output. When a fighter talks like Mike Tyson and promises to be more dynamic and explosive than he actually ends up being - people soon get fed up.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:10 am

Has Witter had a leisure centre named after him yet? Would seem rather apt...

Ricky Hatton: Could be the name of a new chain of pubs
Joe Calzaghe: Retirement home, its residents share the same trait in that they'll never leave home
Naseem Hamed: Rename the titanic; found out on its first major obstacle

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:15 am

Coxy001 wrote:Has Witter had a leisure centre named after him yet? Would seem rather apt...

Ricky Hatton: Could be the name of a new chain of pubs
Joe Calzaghe: Retirement home, its residents share the same trait in that they'll never leave home
Naseem Hamed: Rename the titanic; found out on its first major obstacle

Calzaghe: Delivery room in Welsh hospital in honour of all the newborns given a slap on delivery.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:27 am

If Calzaghe's having anything named after him it should be a type of Johnson's baby wipes, as both spent / spend the majority of their time mixing it with bums.

It's a joke, Steffan, before you get my IP address, track me down and disembowel me with a spud peeler.

Carlsberg should be renamed Roy Jones Jr. Carlsberg don't do boxers, but if they did.....

It's a joke, Coxy, before you get my IP address, track me down and disembowel me with a spud peeler.

Haye should have a hot air balloon named in his honour - that's an obvious one.

It's a joke, hayemaker, before you get my IP address........
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:36 am

The James toney salad bar.

Its a joke Chris before you get my IP address.....

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 am

Roy Jones Jr: Name a chair company after him for all those bums that need being taken care of

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:48 am

Mecca Bingo could sponsor David Haye. And the only number that is ever called is 22.

Because it sums up his Tyson Fury proposed fights.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:54 am

Adam D wrote:Mecca Bingo could sponsor David Haye. And the only number that is ever called is 22.

Because it sums up his Tyson Fury proposed fights.
They could have also sponsored Fury v Chisora and only called out number 88

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:01 am

milkyboy wrote:The James toney salad bar.

Its a joke Chris before you get my IP address.....

There are some things you just don't joke about, milky. I'm not mad at you, I'm just disappointed.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:04 am

hazharrison wrote:I think Haye's real problem is that he's an entirely manufactured heavyweight. He's bulked up to the backteeth on muscle potions which - while he looks the part physically - severely hamper his stamina. They also can't improve his punch resistance.

So, while he wields unusual power for a bulked up cruiser, he doesn't have the stamina to fight at any great clip (he was really starting to blow against Chisora) and doesn't have a good enough chin to gamble on a quick and explosive finish.

What we're left with is a speedy pot-shotter with a lax defence and an anaemic punch output. When a fighter talks like Mike Tyson and promises to be more dynamic and explosive than he actually ends up being - people soon get fed up.

I think you're wrong..................Haye brought speed to the division and at least he wasn't a fat useless slob.....

I for one wanted him to beat Wlad to make the division exciting again.....

But he flopped.....

Manufactured....................No way.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:32 am

You are right about Hayes size being a disadvantage. Having to give away so much weight is a massive disadvantage. That is why the heavyweight division is like no other. There are no weight protections. Haye was not a natural heavyweight but he was still a world class heavyweight. He proved a lot of doubters wrong who said he would be too small to be a heavyweight. When he fought Valuev people said he was nuts and there was no way he could beat a monster like that away from hme. But he showed a whole different side to his game where he used his skills to completely outbox Valuev when people said he was too reliant on power. But he also showed his power by almost knocking out the giant Valuev and smashing Chisora who had never been knocked out - even by Klitschko. I think this will be the year when he proves the doubters wrong again. Nothing new for Haye though who is already the former cruiserweight and heavyweight world champion. Very hard to accomplish and a testement to his ability.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:48 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:I think Haye's real problem is that he's an entirely manufactured heavyweight. He's bulked up to the backteeth on muscle potions which - while he looks the part physically - severely hamper his stamina. They also can't improve his punch resistance.

I think you're wrong..................Haye brought speed to the division and at least he wasn't a fat useless slob.....

I for one wanted him to beat Wlad to make the division exciting again.....

But he flopped.....

Manufactured....................No way.......

Haye is a manufactured heavyweight - a big cruiser who has been pumped up to Holyfield levels (make of that what you will).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:56 am

hayemaker wrote:You are right about Hayes size being a disadvantage. Having to give away so much weight is a massive disadvantage. That is why the heavyweight division is like no other. There are no weight protections. Haye was not a natural heavyweight but he was still a world class heavyweight. He proved a lot of doubters wrong who said he would be too small to be a heavyweight. When he fought Valuev people said he was nuts and there was no way he could beat a monster like that away from hme. But he showed a whole different side to his game where he used his skills to completely outbox Valuev when people said he was too reliant on power. But he also showed his power by almost knocking out the giant Valuev and smashing Chisora who had never been knocked out - even by Klitschko. I think this will be the year when he proves the doubters wrong again. Nothing new for Haye though who is already the former cruiserweight and heavyweight world champion. Very hard to accomplish and a testement to his ability.

Yup, nobody gave Haye a chance against Valuev. Nobody at all... Except the bookies who made him favourite. The bookies and the general punter may have been swayed after seeing Valuev beaten before by a 90 year old ex cruiser but gifted a decision.

You say you have 3 friends that thought Haye beat Wlad, you generally think boxing fans thought Haye stood no chance against Valuev, you thought the performance was a masterclass... You need to find a balance.  Haye was expected to beat Valuev and did, but he left a fair bit to chance and it was no great showing. Nobody in their right mind would have claimed Haye beat Wlad unless they were utterly clueless or wumming you. Did these 3 friends really think this and were you really the voice of balance and reason? From what you post I can't see you not jumping on that crazy bandwagon. My thoughts are they knew what a crazed fan you were and thought "I wonder if we can convince him Haye should have won that and was robbed?".

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:27 am

hayemaker wrote:You are right about Hayes size being a disadvantage. Having to give away so much weight is a massive disadvantage. That is why the heavyweight division is like no other. There are no weight protections. Haye was not a natural heavyweight but he was still a world class heavyweight. He proved a lot of doubters wrong who said he would be too small to be a heavyweight. When he fought Valuev people said he was nuts and there was no way he could beat a monster like that away from hme. But he showed a whole different side to his game where he used his skills to completely outbox Valuev when people said he was too reliant on power. But he also showed his power by almost knocking out the giant Valuev and smashing Chisora who had never been knocked out - even by Klitschko. I think this will be the year when he proves the doubters wrong again. Nothing new for Haye though who is already the former cruiserweight and heavyweight world champion. Very hard to accomplish and a testement to his ability.

To be fair given the current state you have to say he is a world class HW, But to be honest it is mainly down to other guys being fat and thus too slow. Hs speed is great no doubt but his size nullifies it a little, its just most guys are still so slugging he can clip them and has good power there as well. If there were more athletes in the division then I think he would struggle more.

Against WK one of the things he did not bank on is how quick WK was, and he he could keep up with Haye for 12 rounds on his toes..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:49 am

There hasn't been a heavy with Haye's skillset for 15 years so I don't see how he's manufactured..

All these meat heads are manufactured...

Might as well say Duran was a manufactured welter.....

Haye is a small heavy who probably walked around at 210 when he fought at cruiser.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:53 am

Rowley wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Haye 'impressed' you by making Wlad 'miss'?

Dear. God.

It's called running dear boy, he ran for his life and came out as an embarrassment to British boxing and further dirtied the HW division.

Got to agree with this, there does seem to be something of a reinvention going on with the Wlad fight, as if going the distance and avoiding getting hit is in some way credit worthy. It really isn't, for any half decent fighter avoiding getting tagged, particularly against an extremely cautious opponent is really not that difficult. Haye ran like a thief, and even when it was apparent the cards were against him he was happy to stick with the same tactics and pick his cheque up unscathed. As shameful a performances as the countless other Wlad opponents he had mocked in the build up to the fight.

A bit harsh on the others... they at least took their beatings trying to get through to Wlad, Haye was as fresh as a daisy at the end.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:56 am

tunes666 wrote:

To be fair given the current state you have to say he is a world class HW, But to be honest it is mainly down to other guys being fat and thus too slow. Hs speed is great no doubt but his size nullifies it a little, its just most guys are still so slugging he can clip them and has good power there as well.  If there were more athletes in the division then I think he would struggle more.

Against WK one of the things he did not bank on is how quick WK was, and he he could keep up with Haye for 12 rounds on his toes..
That's cos he could use all ten...Haye only had nine!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:02 am

Much calmer about haye nowadays Dave? Was a time when you bit Rowleys breasts off for criticising him, though it was gracious of you to provide an affidavit he could show his mates proving that he hadnt spent money on lipo.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:07 am

I'd probably return to my famous nuthugging of Haye if he showed any inclination to get in and fight someone in the top five but that seems as unlikely as Floyd/Manny getting signed so it's back to tired resignation/bored indifference.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:10 am

More chance of seeing a Peter Jackson comeback..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:14 am

Come on, the Hobbit trilogy isn't that bad!

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:24 am

DAVE667 wrote:Come on, the Hobbit trilogy isn't that bad!

Unless of course you have a thing for small people (is it PC to call them midgets?) like Trussy, then it's just 3 hours of a yank-a-thon.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:28 am

If I was bigger I could be a world class cricketer, Scratch golfer, babe magnet and CEO of a major company....

Don't rub it in !!!! Sad Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:30 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If I was bigger I could be a world class cricketer, Scratch golfer, babe magnet and CEO of a major company....

Don't rub it in !!!! Sad Sad
Don't worry, a scoop of "Vanish" in the washing machine will sort that out

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 am

Washing machines are for the fairer sex......

So in my house I do the washing..... Laugh Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 am

At least we know our respective places....I'm currently fifth in the house (the cat is fourth)

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:36 pm

tunes666 wrote:

To be fair given the current state you have to say he is a world class HW, But to be honest it is mainly down to other guys being fat and thus too slow. Hs speed is great no doubt but his size nullifies it a little, its just most guys are still so slugging he can clip them and has good power there as well.  If there were more athletes in the division then I think he would struggle more.

I think you are spot on in terms of Haye underestimating Klitschko. I think that was the biggest mistake he made in fact. Haye was super confident going into the fight. Part of the problem was that Klitschko has spent most of his career fighting bums so it was hard to tell how good he was. I dont think there is any chance Haye would take on Klitschko carrying an injury and using the tactics he used in the first fight again. That was a costly mistake on Hayes part.

In a rematch he needs to make sure he is fully fit and goes for the knock out against Klitschko. If he does that then I think he wins. But it wont be easy. Klitschko is a very good boxer and massively underrated if you ask me.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:43 pm

As much as it is totally ridiculous that a man who will probably never step back in a boxing ring again and has let the boxing public down time and time again has reached the 4 page mark...I must salute Hayemaker here on a fabulous WUM that has sparked the much attention that he required thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:07 am

How is being a Haye fan a WUM? I would bet big that he makes a comeback in 2015. If he was going to retire then he would announce it. He is rich and has had a massively successful career. One of Britains greatest heavyweights and their greatest cruiserweight. The former cruiserweight and heavyweight world champion. He doesnt need to keep boxing as he has all the money he needs and nothing to prove as a two weight world champion. I dont think people can see through their hatred and jealousy of him and realise he actually had a very bad injury that takes time to recover. He has said that it has healed and he is punching harder than ever. Ok I doubt after an injury like that he is punching harder than ever, but I would bet big he will be back in the ring this year targetting world titles.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:46 am

Well hes just tweeted a pic of himself sat 1st class on a plane heading somewhere sunny! Considering hes again promised so much again its not the best thing to tweet is it? Hes loaded and can jet off whenever and wherever he wants wel the fans hes promised so much to and let down so much cant and dont really need to see hes lavish lifestyle!Also hes twitter is full of hes an evening with dates in feb again so a comeback looks miles away! Now im a haye fan cant wait to see him back but starting to think he doesn't take boxing that seriously and starting to think he's just takeing the p##s !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:47 am

rycoys wrote:Well hes just tweeted a pic of himself sat 1st class on a plane heading somewhere sunny! Considering hes again promised so much again its not the best thing to tweet is it? Hes loaded and can jet off whenever  and wherever he wants wel the fans hes promised so much to and let down so much cant and dont really need to see hes lavish lifestyle!Also hes twitter is full of hes an evening with dates in feb again so a comeback looks miles away! Now im a haye fan cant wait to see him back but starting to think he doesn't take boxing that seriously and starting to think he's just takeing the p##s !

Not sure what you expect mate? Hes a very wealthy individual so of course he will be flying first class to top places! Nothing worng with enjoying the money hes worked hard his whole career for.

Once the Wilder v Stiverne fight happens I fully expect Haye to call out the winner. I also dont think Haye is interested in coming back just to fight bums. Sure he could make good money doing it if he wanted to do but I think Haye will be targetting big fights and world titles.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:50 am

Sorry Hayemaker, Haye needs to earn his shot, simply calling out the winner when he hasn't fought in a couple of years isn't going to work, especially if Wilder wins as his management won't touch that fight with a barge pole.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:11 am

Haye has already proven he is world class. No point in him coming back and just to knock out some bums that everyone knows he will beat. He one of the biggest names in the division, a former two weight world champ and has already proven himself so he has already more than earned a shot. Haye is a ppv fighter so he brings lots of money to the table.

Ideally this is what happen. Haye fights Fury the joke in a warm up fight - easy win for Haye but tests his shoulder. After that fight the winner of Wilder v Stiverne whichever it is. Massive fight on ppv for world title and another easy win for Haye. Then onto the big one, a rematch with Klitschko - mega fight and could sell out a stadium between two world champions. Tough fight for Haye but I think he wins it. Then Summer 2016 - Haye v Joshua. Another mega fight which sells out Wembley. Win for Haye and then retire at the top.

That would really make heavyweight boxing special again and make everyone sit up and take notice.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:14 am

Whilst you're doing fantasies hayemaker any chance you can work me s*agging Eva Mendez in there?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:19 am

Nearly 200 posts, I thought I had squeezed whatever was left out of disliking Haye but it's seems this well runs deep and there's a ways to go yet.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:24 am

You seem to be ignoring one thing Hayemaker, that if Wilder does win against Stiverne, then Al Haymon is going to put him no where near any man with a pulse.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 am

hampo171 wrote:You seem to be ignoring one thing Hayemaker, that if Wilder does win against Stiverne, then Al Haymon is going to put him no where near any man with a pulse.

Haye is a ppv star so his fights are big money. Other boxers want to fight him just for a pay day. Its a bit like Mayweather where fighters know they will lose but they will get a huge payday. Wilders manager will not be able to make that kind of money anywhere lese because Haye is the only ppv heavyweight out there at the moment.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:29 am

hayemaker wrote: Wilders manager will not be able to make that kind of money anywhere lese because Haye is the only ppv heavyweight out there at the moment.

You're right you know. An unbeaten American world heavyweight champion will almost certainly have to come cap in hand to Haye to make a living.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:30 am

Beat me to it Rowley.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:33 am

hayemaker wrote:
hampo171 wrote:You seem to be ignoring one thing Hayemaker, that if Wilder does win against Stiverne, then Al Haymon is going to put him no where near any man with a pulse.

Haye is a ppv star so his fights are big money. Other boxers want to fight him just for a pay day. Its a bit like Mayweather where fighters know they will lose but they will get a huge payday. Wilders manager will not be able to make that kind of money anywhere lese because Haye is the only ppv heavyweight out there at the moment.

Yup, Mayweather and Haye, two unbeatable and avoided ATG peas in a pod.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 am

Rowley wrote:
hayemaker wrote: Wilders manager will not be able to make that kind of money anywhere lese because Haye is the only ppv heavyweight out there at the moment.

You're right you know. An unbeaten American world heavyweight champion will almost certainly have to come cap in hand to Haye to make a living.

Haye is a far bigger ppv star and proven fighter than Wilder. Wilder would also be an easy nights work for Haye. Its would be a huge fight ppv fight though. Wilder is not going to get on ppv fighting the kind of bums he faces. He will need a proven world class heavyweight like Haye if he wants to be in mega fights.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next