The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Adam D
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Pal Joey
seanmichaels
Rowley
Union Cane
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
14 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 20:35

First topic message reminder :

Beautiful - well played  Eat it Tina.

Yeah, I agree. eat it Tina.

Last edited by superflyweight on Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 21:23; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:04

Morning all, watched American Sniper this weekend, don't bother, right wing American propaganda drivel. Terrible waste of a couple of hours, and Cooper's oscar nomination is one of the least warranted ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:12

Rowley wrote:Morning all, watched American Sniper this weekend, don't bother, right wing American propaganda drivel. Terrible waste of a couple of hours, and Cooper's oscar nomination is one of the least warranted ever.

Thumping victory for the Villa, Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:24

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Morning all, watched American Sniper this weekend, don't bother, right wing American propaganda drivel. Terrible waste of a couple of hours, and Cooper's oscar nomination is one of the least warranted ever.

Thumping victory for the Villa, Jeff?

Can't remember when last I had any interest in the fifth round draw. Unfortunately I can't openly display this interest as I officially couldn't care less about soccer-football to avoid getting into any "we won the mcdonalds/apple/betfair w*nk cup last season so I know more than you" arguments with complete planks.

Am considering watching American Sniper but I need to be assured that Bradley Cooper gets killed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:24

Really don't know how to react to the victory Tina, am very out of practice when it comes to these matters.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:26

Galted wrote:
Am considering watching American Sniper but I need to be assured that Bradley Cooper gets killed.

People got in trouble for posting spoilers on the film section the other day, so I could not possibly comment. I watched it YESterday by the way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:37

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:

People got in trouble for posting spoilers on the film section the other day, so I could not possibly comment. I watched it YESterday by the way.

I haven't watched it, so I know NOthing

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:37

Just because its a depressing rainy day, I shall tell you a joke. Was a bit iffy but the guys at my workplace still thought it funny even though I had to translate to english. Just remember that in punjabi - Bond means Bumhole.

HEH HEH HEH Angreji PilMa bahut mashwar ho gaya hun

HA HA HA English films have become very famous

Ek munda hunda, janda apne pyo kol

There is a boy who goes to his father

Kehnda Dad Dad mainu panj pound dai main james bond di film vekhni aa

Says Dad Dad give me 5 pounds please I want to watch a james bond film

Mai kehnda Saaya, panj pound ki karniya?

I replied, My son, What are you going to do with 5 pounds?

Meri Bond dekhla

You can look at my bond for free

Laugh or Die.

And this man must be the punjabi Sean

Last edited by ShahenshahG on Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:39; edited 1 time in total

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:39

That is rubbish.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:40

seanmichaels wrote:That is rubbish.

I know, I ripped it from your autobiography.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:46

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:

Cheers, Jeff. Excellent post, you've set a very high standard for the week, pretty pointless trying to match it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:47

Have you heard someone has finally agreed to sign Shaun Wright Phillips?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 20:54

We have a saying amongst our people that "my word is my bond".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:05

I hope Bondnal don't make the Final.

Nothing against them... but I'd prefer to see a team like West Hampton-upon-Castlewall lift the wooden spittoon for a change.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:14

Paddington bear will never be the same again...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:16

rick_dagless wrote:Paddington bear will never be the same again...

Nor will a cup of tea.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:20

Operation Honeycomb?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:25

Jules wrote:Nor will a cup of tea.

Russ Abbot too...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:07

seanmichaels wrote:Have you heard someone has finally agreed to sign Shaun Wright Phillips?
ALDI will always need staff

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:10

DAVE667 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Have you heard someone has finally agreed to sign Shaun Wright Phillips?
No, who?

Angelina Jolie.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:19

I just went to the kitchen.

Reached into the cupboard to get the coffee out. Someone hadn't put the lid on properly. The lid came off, in my right hand, whilst the coffee jar fell away. I went for a left handed slip catch but only got my finger tips to it.

Coffee jar hits the corner of the unit, smashes and lands on the floor.

Glass fragments and coffee all over the kitchen floor.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:25

Bursting into tears and running away is the only response to that.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:26

Galted wrote:Bursting into tears and running away is the only response to that.

I got a dustpan and brush and swept it up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:30

That's just the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that makes you such an asset to any financial organisation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:31

At boarding school dropping your lunch / tea tray was possibly the worst mistake you could make. 100 odd people howling and banging the table. Good times.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:32

Galted wrote:

That's just the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that makes you such an asset to any financial organisation.

Thanks, pal.

I even rang the people that do the cleaning and told them about it so they can dispose of the glass safely. The glass fragments are secured away in a plastic bag in the kitchen, well out of the reach of young children. I put a little post it note on the bag to inform my colleagues of it's contents.

Office responsibility, Galted, something we should all take seriously.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:33

seanmichaels wrote:At boarding school dropping your lunch / tea tray was possibly the worst mistake you could make. 100 odd people howling and banging the table. Good times.

A worse mistake than dropping the soap after rugger?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:33

ATTENTION MODS!!!

Windows misused an apostrophe on the limerick thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:34

Do people ever put your stationary in jelly windows?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:35

Galted wrote:

Thanks, pal.

I even rang the people that do the cleaning and told them about it so they can dispose of the glass safely. The glass fragments are secured away in a plastic bag in the kitchen, well out of the reach of young children. I put a little post it note on the bag to inform my colleagues of it's contents.

Office responsibility, Galted, something we should all take seriously.

Admirable attitude but a waste of time over here with the angry Kiwi smashing things up for no obvious reason.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:37

seanmichaels wrote:Do people ever put your stationary in jelly windows?

We are quite high up, the windows are all made of reinforced glass. No jelly ones anywhere, sorry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:43

naughty naughty boy

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:17

Has anyone ever put anything into jelly Denise?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:21

Stationery...not Stationary

Simple rule - 'e' for "envelope", 'a' for "at rest"

Anyway, props to Tina for wasting a f*cking hour sorting out the glass from the coffee. If you dropped the marmalade, would you sort out the mess into glass, marmalade and rind?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:22

superflyweight wrote:Has anyone ever put anything into jelly Denise?
Yeah, at Hallowe'en, you put those scary eyeballs in a big bowl of jelly and "duck" for eyeballs...or you can put them in individual pots!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:33

DAVE667 wrote:Stationery...not Stationary

Anyway, props to Tina for wasting a f*cking hour sorting out the glass from the coffee. If you dropped the marmalade, would you sort out the mess into glass, marmalade and rind?

I probably would actually, but we don't have marmalade in the cupboard so it's unlikely I'll ever have to do this.

It was surprisingly therapeutic separating it all out. The big pieces of glass were easy to locate, but the smaller fragments were difficult. I did what I could though, being careful not to cut myself. I then had an interesting dilemma. We have different bins here for different types of waste. The bigger pieces of glass were, as previously mentioned, stored in a plastic bag and removed from the scene (there isn't actually a bin specifically for glass). But, and this is the really interesting bit, I was left with a dustpan full of instant (is it? Probably is, unlike soup) coffee which almost certainly contained small but potentially dangerous fragments of glass.

Where does that go? We have a bin for food waste (which actually states that coffee beans and tea bags are acceptable) but it doesn't offer any guidance on food waste contaminated with glass. After some deliberation, I decided to empty the contents of the dustpan into the food waste bin, content with the knowledge that I had removed the bigger and more lethal fragments.

This has been my most productive work morning in about a decade.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:44

DAVE667 wrote:Stationery...not Stationary

I probably would actually, but we don't have marmalade in the cupboard so it's unlikely I'll ever have to do this.

It was surprisingly therapeutic separating it all out.  The big pieces of glass were easy to locate, but the smaller fragments were difficult.  I did what I could though, being careful not to cut myself.  I then had an interesting dilemma.  We have different bins here for different types of waste.  The bigger pieces of glass were, as previously mentioned, stored in a plastic bag and removed from the scene (there isn't actually a bin specifically for glass).  But, and this is the really interesting bit, I was left with a dustpan full of instant (is it?  Probably is, unlike soup) coffee which almost certainly contained small but potentially dangerous fragments of glass.

Where does that go?  We have a bin for food waste (which actually states that coffee beans and tea bags are acceptable) but it doesn't offer any guidance on food waste contaminated with glass.  After some deliberation, I decided to empty the contents of the dustpan into the food waste bin, content with the knowledge that I had removed the bigger and more lethal fragments.

This has been my most productive work morning in about a decade.
Must admit to being semi tumescent after reading that Tina. Personally I'd have swilled the lot down the sink and let the water board filter it all out.

Now go out and buy some marmalade!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:47

I would have put it all back in and let nature take it's course...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:50

Think I am with Rick on this one, anyone who drinks the communal coffee, which is invariably rubbish, rather than bringing their own is someone who clearly needs weeding out. It is Darwinism at its most pure.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:52

I am not Demis Roussos

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 23:57

Jeff wrote:Think I am with Rick on this one, anyone who drinks the communal coffee, which is invariably rubbish, rather than bringing their own is someone who clearly needs weeding out. It is Darwinism at its most pure

Absolutley, also, it would weed out those who think they are stealing and being "cheeky" about it, also deserve some kind of hellish internal injury.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:03

rick_dagless wrote:I would have put it all back in and let nature take it's course...

I couldn't, the jar was in a thousand pieces.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:04

Tino wrote:I couldn't, the jar was in a thousand pieces.

With all the forementioned thinking outside the box I am sure you would have found a way...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:12

I used to work somewhere where everyone brought their own coffee and milk in. Stealing of milk in the fridge was rife. A kid I worked with got so sick of it he bought a carton of milk, wrote his name on it and left it in the fridge, but he put a couple of tabs of acid in the bottom. Can't decide if it is the work of a genius or someone completely lacking a sense of proportion.

I didn't care though, I take my coffee black.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:16

Rowley wrote:I take my coffee black.

Me too.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:17

I like me coffee like I like my women... In a plastic cup.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:17

At school we used to get the communal milk (usually a 4 pinter) and pour it all over the radiators in the rooms or dorms of people we disliked. Great times.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:20

My missus has a machine. I make her a flat white at weekends. I however have workman's coffee, al jazeera or something like that.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:20

I take my coffee coloured.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:20

rick_dagless wrote:I like me coffee like I like my women...

Scousest sentence ever?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 0:25

seanmichaels wrote:At school we used to get the communal milk (usually a 4 pinter) and pour it all over the radiators in the rooms or dorms of people we disliked. Great times.

You mean you all got together in a circle and w*nked each other off? Last one to jizz has to buy the biscuits?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next