The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
Mick(TEFC)
perthshirepuma
Cymroglan
Sin é
Legend
mickyt
MBTGOG
Dave.
mrsuperclear
Thomond
KiaRose
Gibson
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
Ozzy3213
PenfroPete
pullthestrings
Don Alfonso
MR. scotland27
poissonrouge
The_Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
Cari
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
Adam D
33 posters

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 22 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Adam D Sat 28 May 2011, 8:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Space reserved for opening comments from the landlady/

Last edited by Hobo on Tue 31 May 2011, 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 22 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by bmcr Tue 31 May 2011, 12:06 am

Hello guys. I tried to post something a few minutes ago but obviously messed it up (I am new). Found this site by accident and really like the discussions going on. I hear the beer is on the go here and am always interested in going where there is a beer. To be honest might be a bit over my head here as you guys obviously have a vast knowledge which i don't have. Went to a soccer and GAA school and never got to play much rugby in school. Hope to be on here a bit in the future.

Quick question for the Belfast lads. Where is Ravenhill in Belfast. I would be coming from warrenpoint/newry.

bmcr

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 22 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by KiaRose Tue 31 May 2011, 12:06 am

Stag
Did I ever tell you that the guy who did the make-up and stuff for LOTR lives up the road from me?

Lovely story - he had a friend staying with him one weekend - big Hollywood star. Star pops into village store to buy paper on Sunday morning where he was spotted by a kid who had just seen his latest film. Kid runs home and tells Dad who gives the kid a clip around the ear for telling fibs. Few days later Dad meets our local celeb and tells him the story.
"But XX was here at the weekend, he was staying with me" ...

Last edited by KiaRose on Tue 31 May 2011, 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Tue 31 May 2011, 12:06 am

I read scifi as a kid/teenager - still do but moved on to fantasy fiction in later life - perhaps because of Tolkien.
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 May 2011, 12:07 am

I like short stories but agree with you Notch. Very hard to find a well written one.

I could take the 9 hours of Lord Rings movies. Reckon it would be ok.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011, 12:07 am

Back to back LOTR screening is what the gap between Christmas and New Year was invented for.

Only stopped in for a quick one, bed for me. Evenin' all :run2:

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 31 May 2011, 12:09 am

Dreamer

If you are still around - consider it done. Will let you know when I am next in the 'Diff.

To bed
To sleep perchance to dream

Oíche mhaith dhíobh go léir

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 May 2011, 12:09 am

bmcr wrote:To be honest might be a bit over my head here as you guys obviously have a vast knowledge which i don't have. Went to a soccer and GAA school and never got to play much rugby in school.

Don't think that way. You have no idea how many of the regular posters started off saying that here. You'll be grand. Trust me none of us are experts (though many of us think we are) Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011, 12:11 am

Notch would it be the theatrical versions or the extended versions? I can only watch the extended ones now, so SO much better, and much more true to the actual story (I will not go into how the 2nd theatrical film tried to ruin the character of Faramir)

And welcome bmcr! Ale for you, and please join in with the rugby chat, everyone's opinion is more then welcome, regardless of how much they know! Got to say a lot of the stuff I spout on here is just waffle anyway Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 May 2011, 12:11 am

I read two pages of LOTR. Two pages too much. Never bothered to watch the movies.

But, its all down to personal choice.

Careful now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6FnMKx5crs&feature=related

Jayzuz, they are all comin in now. Grand.

BMCR, its in Belfast and it always rains and the wind howls.Even in Summer. It has a great atmosphere and it's welcoming to all. Even Leinster fans. 🍺
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Tue 31 May 2011, 12:12 am

Bmcr - You would be coming into Belfast via the M1 - just come off at the junction before the end - Stockmans Lane - go straight round the outer ring road and you turn left about half way along - will create a map.

Try this link

Last edited by poissonrouge on Tue 31 May 2011, 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 31 May 2011, 12:12 am

"Trust me none of us are experts (though many of us think we are)"

We are ALL experts Stag, in our own opinion.

But what we really need here is someone with a grasp of the finer points of the laws, someone who knows a bit about refereeing, maybe :run2:

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 May 2011, 12:14 am

KiaRose wrote:"Trust me none of us are experts (though many of us think we are)"

We are ALL experts Stag, in our own opinion.

But what we really need here is someone with a grasp of the finer points of the laws, someone who knows a bit about refereeing, maybe :run2:

I can oblige you there. Sadly I only know "a bit". Listening to Stuart Barnes I would say he's the real expert Smile
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011, 12:15 am

Kia - message received, diolch yn fawr iawn/thank you very much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 May 2011, 12:15 am

bmcr wrote:Hello guys. I tried to post something a few minutes ago but obviously messed it up (I am new). Found this site by accident and really like the discussions going on. I hear the beer is on the go here and am always interested in going where there is a beer. To be honest might be a bit over my head here as you guys obviously have a vast knowledge which i don't have. Went to a soccer and GAA school and never got to play much rugby in school. Hope to be on here a bit in the future.

Quick question for the Belfast lads. Where is Ravenhill in Belfast. I would be coming from warrenpoint/newry.

Welcome! I would go from the Ormeau Road side, and then cut up Park Rd and onto Ravenhill Park... I'm awful with directions!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=ravenhill+belfast&hl=en&sll=54.584935,-5.91722&sspn=0.0296,0.030932&ie=UTF8&view=map&f=d&daddr=85+Ravenhill+Park,+Belfast+BT6+0DG&geocode=CWRJBr_jeJc8FbLIQAMdNOil_yHYjGokp5SGUA&ll=54.577497,-5.911567&spn=0.006766,0.019205&t=h&z=16

Google is better.

So I'm not sure if you were coming in from outside the city...

You thinking of getting along to a game? I definitely recommend it! Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 May 2011, 12:17 am

I thought Ravenhill is fantastic when I was there. RDS, Cardiff City Stadium and Ravenhill are the 3 away games I want to get to for Munster and maybe London if we get the likes of London Irish, London Wasps, Saracens or Harlequins in the group stages of Europe.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by bmcr Tue 31 May 2011, 12:19 am

Thanks stag. Love the game. Always did, always will. Just reading some of the posts above and the music/books topic's not really my hot subject either. Any best book i ever read was Robert Fisk's book, whose name escapes me at the minute. wonderful writing and insight into a massively complex problem. Don't actually agree with all the conclusions drawn in it but that is what is great about books. Worst book ever in my opinion is 'Atlas shrugged' or something like that. Read it when i was over at the World cup in 2007. Tore all the ligaments in my ankle on the 3rd day of six i was there. Between the beer and painkillers i was on my stomach was not good by day 6 and started reading it. Had to buy it when i got home to finish reading it

bmcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 May 2011, 12:20 am

Right that's me done for the day, absolutely shattered now, but soooo glad I have an extra day off tomorrow.

Nos da/Good night all!

Back to top Go down

Post by bmcr Tue 31 May 2011, 12:23 am

Thanks guys for the directions. Seems to be easy enough to get to. Trying to organise a few lads from dundalk to go up for either the leinster or munster game next season. Don't get to my games. High maintenance wife, young baby and rudey poo economy all count against me

bmcr

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 31 May 2011, 12:23 am

I'm gonna get to bed too but BMCR get suggesting your own topics. We've had chats here from who's the right guys for the Ireland World Cup squad, to our favourite and least favourite vegetables, books, music, movies and all kinds of random off the wall discussions.

We've actually ended up meeting up in real life from time to time at various rugby games too.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 31 May 2011, 12:30 am

Evening all,

Work beckons tomorrow but I'm in procrastination mode. Tomorrow morning may be painful!!

Welcome bmcr and Bourne. thumbsup
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 31 May 2011, 12:31 am

I do feel sorry for fans from outside Belfast, because it was often so difficult to get to games. They've now moved a lot of games to 7pm on Fridays! Which I feel is ridiculous for fans from outside the Belfast Metropolitan area. 8pm is at least half manageable.

I think it was a recent game that one of the mini rugby teams at half time were from Cavan and I remember thinking how great it was for those kids to get up to see Ulster play and get to play at Ravenhill, because its such a long drive. Similarly have had minis from Letterkenny before.

These are the regions at the periphery of the province we really have to make an active effort to get involved!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 31 May 2011, 12:54 am

'Don't call me son. I'm a lawyer, and an officer in the United States Navy, and you're under arrest you son of a bitch.'

Man alive. For all the scientology nonsense Mr Cruise is still a remarkable actor. Love that film. Night night.

Oh appears I'm the only one left. Thus the honour falls on me to turn the lights out. Done. Just bought the polar bears an extra weekend.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Tue 31 May 2011, 12:56 am

Seems I'm late for the book discussion Sad

Lads, what's the craic? 606 seems to be officially over now. It's absolutely devastating. Always more of a looker on than a contributor but probably spent the same time on the damn thing as all of ye. Reckon this place is going to be my new home. Doesn't seem to be that busy yet but hopefully that'll change. If it doesn't I might have to actually contribute instead of creep on all of your discussions (creeped more on 606 than my average night in coppers)! Hope to get one of these tasty virtual beers Ale with ye next time before you all head to bed king

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 May 2011, 1:09 am

Super.
Allow me. Im just about still up. Welcome my friend. Join in the convos with the regs who frequent this Pub. And slaap lekker. I will.

See you in de mornin. Or later. Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue 31 May 2011, 1:36 am

Ah well. I was hoping for a late night conversation. I'll just sit in the corner with my wee dram - great thing about this pub is you can still have a fag in it.

Can't sleep; feeling like I used to do when waiting for exam results; hated that feeling; always assumed I had failed.

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 31 May 2011, 6:26 am

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22