The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+29
Mick(TEFC)
perthshirepuma
Cymroglan
Sin é
Legend
mickyt
MBTGOG
Dave.
mrsuperclear
Thomond
KiaRose
Gibson
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
Ozzy3213
PenfroPete
pullthestrings
Don Alfonso
MR. scotland27
poissonrouge
The_Hound_of_Harrow
prop_lyd
Notch
Luckless Pedestrian
Cari
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
Adam D
33 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Adam D Sat May 28, 2011 8:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Space reserved for opening comments from the landlady/

Last edited by Hobo on Tue May 31, 2011 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Monaco gp, ill have that
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Sun May 29, 2011 1:00 pm

The_Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Notch, saying you want a team to win, is one thing. However, saying that you 'hope a team loses' comes across very differently and implies a certain hostility.

I would never do that, mostly because I genuinely don't feel that way, but also because it is a 'negative' thing. I have posted positive comments about many countries and clubs - see earlier about Wales in the 7s - it's just the way I like to go abiut things.

lucky - it will be a damn fine effort if Wales can win the Cup today. But in 7s anything can happen. Very Happy

Good luck thumbsup Very Happy Very Happy

Hound, every neutral sorts fans goes through a process of weighing up who he'd prefer to win. Even if he claims to remain neutral. All I'm saying is that following that process, more often or not the team playing England end up getting my support.

However, if Wasps played Leicester yesterday, I would not have said "I will not support either as they are both English". That would betray genuine emnity or as I like to call it a footballing attitude.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:00 pm

waiting for the start of the gp before I head out to buy more stuff for the flat, and carry on with the cleaning. This is not turning out to be a very relaxing weekend for me!

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun May 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Penalty Wales and the kick it Yahoo

13 - 10
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:02 pm

YAY! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:04 pm

ha good start to the race! Can't believe the lead Vettel is building already, Button going to have to be on the defensive now against Alonso.

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 29, 2011 1:05 pm

The_Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Notch, saying you want a team to win, is one thing. However, saying that you 'hope a team loses' comes across very differently and implies a certain hostility.

I would never do that, mostly because I genuinely don't feel that way, but also because it is a 'negative' thing. I have posted positive comments about many countries and clubs - see earlier about Wales in the 7s - it's just the way I like to go abiut things.

I didnt mean it to come out like that harrow its just very difficult when your typing to express the same point as when your speaking to someone face to face, but surely you can appreciate old national rivalries. The wording I used was a bit beligerent and ignorant as well but I did not mean to cause any offence.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun May 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Hamilton has been touched by Schumacher......ooohhh riské
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun May 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Hound,
Some of the regs in here could do well to follow your lead. Some of the recent comments, since this Pub started on here, show insecurity and a lack of class. Cari is trying to keep this place as it was kept on 606. It is what made it a step above the rest of 606 - mutual respect. That has been floundering recently. If that ethos goes, we may as well pack it all in and join the herd.

Just my opinion.

Good afternoon all.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun May 29, 2011 1:09 pm

Howya Gibbo

You recovered from Cardiff now?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Just SOUTH AFRICA in the S-Final now Shocked
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:12 pm

ah, we can do it Penfro! (I hope....)

Off out to buy a few things now, considering how much I hate shopping, I shan't be long!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:16 pm

Afternoon all. Went to a wedding reception last night at Miskin Manor (near the Vale of Glamorgan). It was very nice indeed. Wallet felt the pinch though.

Managed to watch the first sixty of the Magners final. Didn't want to leave it.

Anyway, best get things sorted. Back to Swindon and then off to Dubai tonight till Wednesday.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun May 29, 2011 1:23 pm

Mr.S - no problem. My original response was designed to make you think before you post. For the record, I was at the London Scottish awards dinner on Friday night. And yes, I'm well aware of old rivalries, and it adds some spice to a game for sure. Too much good happens in the world of rugby for a one off comment to pee me off.

And well done Wales thumbsup Keep Cecil Afrika shackled in the semi and you're in with a fighting chance.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Cheers harrow lesson learned thumbsup
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Gibson wrote:Hound,
Some of the regs in here could do well to follow your lead. Some of the recent comments, since this Pub started on here, show insecurity and a lack of class. Cari is trying to keep this place as it was kept on 606. It is what made it a step above the rest of 606 - mutual respect. That has been floundering recently. If that ethos goes, we may as well pack it all in and join the herd.

Just my opinion.

Good afternoon all.

I really haven't seen anything like that to be honest with you Gibbo.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun May 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Pete,
Just about mate. Taking it easy. It was a blast though. No more rugby till the Summer Tests and then the RWC.
I hear the London based-regs went to see London Scottish with Asbo? How did it go man? I can imagine...

In other news, I hear the Fla and Rob Kearney may so South ,to get some game time in. Anyone know any more about this?

Stag, Munsty?

Big congrats to Munster on Winning the ML. But especially the man they call Bull Hayes. Talk about reeling in the years. Magnicificent display last night. He pushed Leinsters Irish internationals and their NIQ 2 - back to the RDS,over a full 80 minutes. People take the pish out of his age, but never his committment.

I have his picture on the wall, with the 6-N and Triple Crown trophies and it's smiling even more this morning. The big loveable feicer.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun May 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Was a good night Gibbo. Was grand to see Asbo, Hound and Munsty again, and to meet Kiwireddevil for the first time, as well as riskysports and funnyexiledscot from the old 606.

It's what it's all about, good company and banter and there was plenty of both, as well as plying a couple of the London Scottish youth team players with beer and wine.

Very proud old club that one, and have achieved a huge amount after their troubles of 10 or so years ago. Would love to see them back in the top flight. Get London Welsh up there as well and we can have battle of 'the exiles'
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Notch wrote:
Gibson wrote:Hound,

Just my opinion.

Good afternoon all.

I really haven't seen anything like that to be honest with you Gibbo.

Could you clarify please?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun May 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah Notch, no one's been what I would call nasty. And for a bunch of people who got together online, the actual live meet ups have been excellent. Our Welsh hosts did us proud last weekend, as did the whole city of Cardiff from my pov.

Keep it going peeps Hug

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun May 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Anybody going to the World cup warm ups ? I shall be at Twickenham and the Millennium stadium.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 29, 2011 1:51 pm

Yep Cymro, off to Ireland vs France in Dublin. Legitimately cannot wait for the new season and this one isn't quite over yet... Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun May 29, 2011 1:55 pm

27 minutes into yesterday evenings final. Cracking game so far. Much better than the Aviva Final, which I enjoyed none the less.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:56 pm

aye Cymro, off to Wales v BaaBaa's and can't make up my mind about Wales v England. After the one I saw in 2003, not sure I can face it again. Then again there's always the Argentina match...

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun May 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Notch. Not to scratch at an old scab like, but you were a bit close to the Mark with the personal stuff about selection like.

Mutual respect does not mean being straight jacketed into an unnatural silence. However contrary views can be expressed without causing offence. I know I've had it wrong in the past.

That is my view. Gibbo won't say anything of course.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun May 29, 2011 2:01 pm

Hey All. I'm watching a DVD boxed set I had for Xmas but haven't got around to watching until now. It was a TV series from the 1990s called Our Friends in the North. Daniel Craig's in it. Great bit of telly.

Munsty - cracking game wasn't it? I can't imagine how the nerves must've been for the Leinster/Munster fans though.

Kiwi - glad to hear about the funds raised thanks for the update. thumbsup

Mr S. Thanks for your comments. Like I said, you're entitled to say those things. I guess what matters is how others react. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Munsty - yesterday's match only gets better after that, it really was just brilliant. Glad you enjoyed the Aviva final too thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Sun May 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Interesting fact gleaned from sunday papers (Mail) -acc to Metropolitan Police police numbers for FA cup semifinal (attendance 86,000) - 'in several hundreds' not counting Transport Police and Manchester Police at Manchester Piccadilly, 36 arrests with ?more to follow after CCTV footage analysed, arrests included GBH, affray,assault, possession of drugs. Police numbers for IRB London Sevens (attendance >100,000 over 2 days, Sat crowd 55,000) 'measured in their tens' - largely at Twickenham station to ensure safety in view of sheer weight of numbers. Rugby related arrests - nil
Thats why I enjoy going to rugby matches!! Yahoo
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 29, 2011 2:05 pm

My view is, and always has been that respect is given only when it is reciprocated. The very nature of mutual respect is that it's two-way is it not? I wouldn't be one to let people walk over me, never have- never will be. I'm not going to apologise for that. I also wouldn't be one to throw sly little digs from the sideline.

I've come to realise from previous incidents that I can't expect an apology, but I would hope to expect that the involved parties can move on like adults and put it down to a difference of opinion. After all, it's only rugby ffs.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun May 29, 2011 2:08 pm

poissonrouge wrote:Interesting fact gleaned from sunday papers (Mail) -acc to Metropolitan Police police numbers for FA cup semifinal (attendance 86,000) - 'in several hundreds' not counting Transport Police and Manchester Police at Manchester Piccadilly, 36 arrests with ?more to follow after CCTV footage analysed, arrests included GBH, affray,assault, possession of drugs. Police numbers for IRB London Sevens (attendance >100,000 over 2 days, Sat crowd 55,000) 'measured in their tens' - largely at Twickenham station to ensure safety in view of sheer weight of numbers. Rugby related arrests - nil
Thats why I enjoy going to rugby matches!! Yahoo

Spot on. I feel comfortable taking the kids to rugby matches, but not to football ones sadly, which is a shame as I regularly went to watch Arsenal with my dad as a young child, and then on my own as a teenager.

I've not watched either the Aviva or Magners final yet, shall try to watch one tonight and one tomorrow. Will let you know what I think after I've watched them.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun May 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Howya Cymro, pull up a chair. Ale sir.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 pm

Cymro - I'm not myself. Hopefully they'll be on telly anyway Smile

It's a shame that football is spoilt by a minority. When I've seen matches on TV the atmosphere always looks quite good.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 29, 2011 2:11 pm

One of the reasons I love rugby in general is the respect given during and after matches, and I think it is the same on this forum. I know they are completely different but on the boxing forum its a dog eat dog world where no one likes each other. It is so much nicer on here, with everyone being so nice to each other, surely with the high amounts of passion involved in rugby it can sometimes be forgiven if something comes ot sounding a bit wrong.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun May 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Respect can only be given when it's reciprocated? Anyone else seeing a chicken and egg situation there?

On another point anyone else find the term common sense funny? Just because it is common doesn't mean it's right.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun May 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Notch wrote:My view is, and always has been that respect is given only when it is reciprocated. The very nature of mutual respect is that it's two-way is it not? I wouldn't be one to let people walk over me, never have- never will be. I'm not going to apologise for that. I also wouldn't be one to throw sly little digs from the sideline.

I've come to realise from previous incidents that I can't expect an apology, but I would hope to expect that the involved parties can move on like adults and put it down to a difference of opinion. After all, it's only rugby ffs.

He wasn't walking all over you though was he? He just held contrary views on matters of selection and outlined them perfectly respectfully.

Anyway, come back if you like this is my last word though.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun May 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Notch how are the ticket sales going with the Ireland vs France in Dublin ? It's only takes 90 min on the high speed ferry from Holyhead and I fancy another Dublin trip.
Living on Anglesey I can get to Dublin far faster than I can get to Cardiff Smile

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Sun May 29, 2011 2:13 pm

MBTGOG wrote:Respect can only be given when it's reciprocated? Anyone else seeing a chicken and egg situation there?

On another point anyone else find the term common sense funny? Just because it is common doesn't mean it's right.

Common sense isn't that common anyway.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun May 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Cymro - being on Ynys Mon, you're practically a Leinster supporter Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun May 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Cari wrote:Cymro - being on Ynys Mon, you're practically a Leinster supporter Wink

Just Googled their season ticket prices looks like I shall remain a Llangefni RFC fan Very Happy

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:22 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:One of the reasons I love rugby in general is the respect given during and after matches, and I think it is the same on this forum. I know they are completely different but on the boxing forum its a dog eat dog world where no one likes each other. It is so much nicer on here, with everyone being so nice to each other, surely with the high amounts of passion involved in rugby it can sometimes be forgiven if something comes ot sounding a bit wrong.

Mr.S - Aye definitely, we've all been there when we've said something in the heat of the moment either during/just after a game that we don't mean, I know I have anyway! You're right though about the respect given during and after a match, it's what makes this sport so great to follow, where small outbursts are understood and always made up with a shake of the hand or with a pint. That's how I see it anyway Smile

Cymro - a lucky you with Dublin being so easy to get to! I reckon Ireland v France would be a great match to go to thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Sun May 29, 2011 2:23 pm

It's amazing how I've not felt to bad today but as soon as I get up and dressed and head out to work how the hangover seems to kick in
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 29, 2011 2:23 pm

I love watching Kenya play sevens they are so good to watch, and I completely agree rd.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 29, 2011 2:25 pm

Glas a du wrote:
Notch wrote:My view is, and always has been that respect is given only when it is reciprocated. The very nature of mutual respect is that it's two-way is it not? I wouldn't be one to let people walk over me, never have- never will be. I'm not going to apologise for that. I also wouldn't be one to throw sly little digs from the sideline.

He wasn't walking all over you though was he? He just held contrary views on matters of selection and outlined them perfectly respectfully.

Anyway, come back if you like this is my last word though.

Sorry, anyone who comes to me and says 'logic goes out the window'- no, not having it. You can say anything you want to me, but don't say that when I've made a life's habit of putting my head over my heart. I'm not going to stand for that. When it comes to people who want to say things like that about me, I do lose the rag. I've just made myself laugh of course (couldn't say that's the most logical response eh?). But nevertheless I'm a logical person, I pride myself on it, albeit with a hot heart. But when I put a viewpoint forward, it's a considered viewpoint with a lot of thought behind it. I'd ask people to respect that.

Munsty, my philosophy is I always extend respect towards those who respect me. I'm not going to let someone talk to me like that. You know I love this place, you know I love you guys- but there's a line. Gibbo crossed it with that comment I'm afraid.

I would rather be talking about the game this afternoon in truth. Or having a civil discussion on another topic where posters opinions are respected. But if people want to drag this up, then fine. Get it out in the open instead of making little snide comments.

Cymro- I'm not too sure mate! The prices are looking very good though. Much more value for these games than previous matches in the AVIVA- the IRFU have had their fingers burned on high ticket prices before. I'm hopeful that there will be big crowds for both our warm-up games.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:28 pm

Kenya are wonderful in the 7's, especially their fans. I remember in Twickenham last year how great they were, had a whole section to themselves and it was just one big party, just amazing. Am totally going to have to try and get to a 7s tournament again next year I think Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun May 29, 2011 2:30 pm

So someone has to respect you first before you can respect them? Have I got this wrong?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 29, 2011 2:31 pm

Notch wrote: I would rather be talking about the game this afternoon in truth. Or having a civil discussion on another topic where posters opinions are respected. But if people want to drag this up, then fine. Get it out in the open instead of making little snide comments.

Alright then Notch, favorite player who doesnt play for the 6N sides, 3N sides and Argentina?
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 pm

You've got it backwards slightly, yes. If someone is disrespectful towards me I won't mince my words with them. Otherwise we'll be grand.

Sorry if that was not clear from the way I phrased it thumbsup

I'd much rather be discussing the Barbarians game than this, believe me. But I can;t stand people who start fights and then act the victim. Gibbo is grand, I have a lot of admiration for the man. I'd gladly go for a pint with him and thrash this whole thing out. But I don't appreciate being spoken to like that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:35 pm

If anyone wants to write updates on here about the England v BaaBaa's match it will be very much appreciated!

This Monaco GP is actually brilliant, 11 laps to go and the top 3 within a second of each other, love it!

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sun May 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Trinder has already gone over with Hodgson converts!
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 2:39 pm

ooo load of traffic in the gp and there's a crash! Safety car has to come out, this is a disaster for Button, he's 3rd and his tires are looking better then Vettel and Alonso, this totally plays into their hands. Pants.

Cheers Mr S!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next