The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

+17
Rowley
Dipper Brown
ShahenshahG
TopHat24/7
kingraf
bhb001
milkyboy
OasisBFC
huw
AlexHuckerby
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Herman Jaeger
Coxy001
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr??????? Empty Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

Why?

because he is 37 and earned a meaningless fight with the son of a Legend? Is Chavez a big name?

C'mon guys your better then this surely. Nobody is giving Froch the pelters he rightly deserves for trying to personalise boxing for himself. So he knows he has 1 maybe 2, at a stretch , fights left in him so he decides he wants a last hurrah in a fight on his terms. This man is disrespecting the sport. HE SHOULD NOT DECIDE who he fights as champion he fights who is in line and thats Degale.

However, so called boxing fans on here make idiotic excuses for Froch because of the tough fights and fighters he has faced. This is nonsense Ali faced Holmes, Leonard faced Camacho, De La Hoya faced Pacquiao, and just recently what we thought was his last fight Hopkins faced Kolorev for F**KS SAKE.

Oh but Froch deserves to call out Chavez Jnr who NOBODY is rushing to see fight. So what about Vegas.

Sometimes I get really frustrated with some of the stuff on here by fans. I could have signed up to any boxing forum. Boxing news 24, Eastside, boxingscene but I chose 606v2.

Jack Dempsey once said

''I will continue until I go out like a real champion, flat on my back''

Last edited by ONETWOFOREVER on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr??????? Empty Re: Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

We all wish you'd have chose one of the others instead, nobody is forcing you stay.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr??????? Empty Re: Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Post by Coxy001 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:06 pm

Sometimes I get really frustrated with some of the stuff on here by fans. I could have signed up to any boxing forum. Boxing news 24, Eastside, boxingscene but I chose 606v2.

There's still plenty of time to go over to there ONETWO. Never, ever in a month of Sundays think that anyone is keeping you here. Or just retire - again.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm

DeGale fight needs more marination, don't know if that's a word mind.

If DeGale can beat Dirrell(which I'm not sure he can if I'm honest,) then a fight with Froch will be a lot bigger than it is now. Better for both parties.

Froch has left the door open for a DeGale fight. It's now up to James.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:DeGale fight needs more marination, don't know if that's a word mind.

If DeGale can beat Dirrell(which I'm not sure he can if I'm honest,) then a fight with Froch will be a lot bigger than it is now. Better for both parties.

Froch has left the door open for a DeGale fight. It's now up to James.

He has stuffed him.

Froch is an ideal fight for a fighter with Degale's abilities. Dirrell is 50/50 hard to call. Degale had worked hard the last couple of years to stay in the picture and Froch denies him the opportunity to chase a nothing fight with Chavez Jnr.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:16 pm

This is prizefighting. Froch makes more money with Chavez. A lot more. Get real.

The door has been left open. The pressure is on DeGale. Froch can retire a very wealthy man.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

I give up.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:49 pm

Froch's got the date. Chavez is in.

Ask yourself. What would you do???

Turn down a briefcase load of cash to fight a fighter who's yet to beat a world class fighter?

The door has been left open. Just the time's not right for DeGale yet.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:49 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:I give up.
I'll take that as your retirement from the forum

To be honest, I'll happily take that as your retirement from the planet

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:53 pm

Depends what you mean by getting away with it, OneTwo. You're talking as if people are lapping this propsed fight with Chavez up, when in reality the reaction to it on here and amongst fans in general has been indifferent, and that's putting it mildly. Most people agree that it's not a fight which really gets the blood pumping and that it carries no weight for Froch other than ticking the Vegas box.

Yep, you've listed a few fighters who went about their lap of honour differently. Just as I could name some who took the same kind of option as Froch is drawing up. When you've already got a career of distinguishing moments behind you I think it's fair enough that some fighters might choose to make their swansong a safer, more lucrative bet than others would. Different circumstances can dictate that, too - you mention Ali coming back to fight Holmes, but Ali was driven back to the ring for the Holmes fight by financial imperatives more than anything else. His finances were in a state until his wife Lonnie got a hold of them further down the line, as I'm sure you'll know.

I think the best way to be about the Chavez fight (which let's face it, isn't going to happen anyway, but Froch seems hell-bent on talking about it to anyone who'll listen) is to be non-plussed over it. Not one to get excited over particularly, but not the kind of fight you can stick the boot in to Froch for taking, either. I agree with the consensus that, within reason, he has earned the right to bow out with whatever fight he desires at this stage. I'd say it's a more legitimate fight than Calzaghe-Jones, for instance.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm

Wasn't Groves mandated by the IBF.........

When you beat your mandatory....You get a voluntary..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 10 Feb 2015, 6:50 pm

He should have signed out with a fight against Golovkin, Kovalov or Stevenson. They would be top fights against top fighters.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Feb 2015, 11:21 pm

Don't understand OneTwo, you berate Froch for not trying to fight the best options out there but berate Khan when he is genuinely trying to fight the very best. What is it you want?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:15 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Don't understand OneTwo, you berate Froch for not trying to fight the best options out there but berate Khan when he is genuinely trying to fight the very best. What is it you want?
The racist wants a f*cking good kicking

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:46 am

DAVE667 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Don't understand OneTwo, you berate Froch for not trying to fight the best options out there but berate Khan when he is genuinely trying to fight the very best. What is it you want?

Funny how you get away with it.

They must really like you.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 9:51 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

What can I say, it's my charm, wit and willingness to challenge racism at every turn.

Your hatred for Khan is clearly based on race as what he's doing is also being done by fighters of different colours (the white Carl Froch looking for a big money fight and the black Floyd Mayweather making an ass of himself displaying his wealth) yet when the Asian fighter Amir Khan does either of those two things you give him a dog's abuse claiming he's sad and desperate or getting above himself.

Either you're a hypocrite, a racist or an idiot. You've demonstrated the traits of all three and so I picked "racist" to hit you over the head with but I'm just as happy calling you a hypocrite or an idiot.

As a fair man, I'll allow you to choose which one you'd prefer, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:13 am

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

What can I say, it's my charm, wit and willingness to challenge racism at every turn.

Your hatred for Khan is clearly based on race as what he's doing is also being done by fighters of different colours (the white Carl Froch looking for a big money fight and the black Floyd Mayweather making an ass of himself displaying his wealth) yet when the Asian fighter Amir Khan does either of those two things you give him a dog's abuse claiming he's sad and desperate or getting above himself.

Either you're a hypocrite, a racist or an idiot. You've demonstrated the traits of all three and so I picked "racist" to hit you over the head with but I'm just as happy calling you a hypocrite or an idiot.

INNOCENT

If you look at my other thread on Carl Froch you will see that I gave him a scolding and guess what he is WHITE.

You are in no position to label people what you wish. Why you can get away with it on here shows how inept the MODS are. Just because Khan is not a fave boxer of mine does not mean I dislike him on issues of race which being black I know plenty about. I never grew up in a white household so I know what racist abuse is like, I have seen it personally. You really have no understanding yet you are a grown man. Go learn and watch who your talking to.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:17 am

Chavez is to Froch's what RJJ was to Calzaghe.

It's a fight he wants that will give him a decent payday with little risk, fair play to him. He has had a good career and wants his retirement fund.

Is there any difference here to Mayweather waiting far too long to fight Cotto / SSM / Pacman?

Would love for Froch to try to avenge his Ward loss but it seems he feels this is a bridge too far and it is far from a perfect sport.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:58 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

INNOCENT

If you look at my other thread on Carl Froch you will see that I gave him a scolding and guess what he is WHITE.

You are in no position to label people what you wish. Why you can get away with it on here shows how inept the MODS are. Just because Khan is not a fave boxer of mine does not mean I dislike him on issues of race which being black I know plenty about. I never grew up in a white household so I know what racist abuse is like, I have seen it personally. You really have no understanding yet you are a grown man. Go learn and watch who your talking to.

Yes I am. I grew in a white/black household and received racist abuse from both whites AND blacks so I'll see your racist experiences and raise you. I'm sure there are others on here who've had it worse but that doesn't detract from the fact that your denigration of Khan is borne of nothing but racial hatred. You should be ashamed of yourself but the fact you're also a massive hypocrite tells me you won't be.

watch who your talking to Why? Are you going to threaten to drive get a lift from your Mummy up to Bradford to sort me out again?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 11:46 am

Watch your mouth with me mate.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:12 pm

it's simple really. for anyone to have the kind of fight stretch he's had, he's earned a pay day and an opportunity to headline vegas against someone who will give the fans a good fight - and who he can beat handily.

it's his call. very little people fight the best out there for their last fight. it's exactly the same as calzaghe facing roy jones

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

At the end of the day, should that fight happen, it's froch's call. I won't watch it, because of what it is, but if some fans are ok watching their guy have a swansong to say goodbye that's their prerogative. It's listening to chavez getting built up as a great that will be tiresome.

Similar and different to Calzaghe jones. Similar in terms  of a soft payday, different in that one was a shell of a great fighter and one is the prime of a mediocre one.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:26 pm

Still not answered my original question OneTwo, cheers.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:37 pm

Sorry Alex we was interupted by a massive turd.

Anyway in answer to you're question.

My argument is that Froch feels he can flout the rules of boxing just because he is coming to the end of his career. Boxing continues regardless right? and so Degale was next in line for Froch. Timing means nothing you fight who you are supposed to. In this day and age we have too many ego's like Mayweather who just feed off the hype. I am upset that Froch can pull this off. So he will make more money with Chavez???

Who thinks that? Degale v Froch can sell as people will turn out to watch Froch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:39 pm

Calzaghe chose to fight Hopkins instead of taking on a hungry Froch. Most peopel unedrstood that and didn't give him too much jip. This is just the same. He has taken on every tough fight that was offered to him over the last 5 years, so he gets the chance to choose now.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:41 pm

bhb001 wrote:Calzaghe chose to fight Hopkins instead of taking on a hungry Froch. Most peopel unedrstood that and didn't give him too much jip. This is just the same. He has taken on every tough fight that was offered to him over the last 5 years, so he gets the chance to choose now.

And show me where in the rule book this is written???

Boxing has rules mate and in order for boxing to continue onwards in a healthy position then these need to be respected.

I'v had a long hard week at work does not mean I can just take the day off.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:46 pm

He gave up the title, which means he gets to fight anybody he chooses who will fight him.

As far as you not being able to take a day off, look for a better job.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:50 pm

To be fair, to Onetwo. It would be a farce if Federer was allowed to play in one last Wimbledon final against, say, Grigor Dimitrov, just because he's "earned a freebie" slam swansong. To be more fair though, this isn't tennis, and in boxing, vale tudo.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 12:53 pm

bhb001 wrote:He gave up the title, which means he gets to fight anybody he chooses who will fight him.

As far as you not being able to take a day off, look for a better job.

True but only after Degale won his eliminator.

If he stays at S/M then he should have defended his title.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Watch your mouth with me mate.
Why? It's doubtful you're going to say anything intelligent or insightful so I may as well turn my attention to watching non-racist paint dry.

As for Froch (just to bring this ONETWO's racist diatribes back on topic). If he wants to fight Hopkins or Chavez or goad Calzaghe into coming out of retirement then that's his business. if he wants to spin in so that it's a fight people should be interested in then, that's also his business.

I don't like the guy but as others have said, his resume is about as good as it's ever going to get and he should be able to retire with few if any regrets.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:40 pm

catchweight wrote:He should have signed out with a fight against Golovkin, Kovalov or Stevenson. They would be top fights against top fighters.

Why? He's fought all the top fighters in his division. JC went out on a gimme versus a 'name' and not much else, just decent cash, so why not Froch?

1-2 has just got a hard-on (though not as bad as Tunes) for JdG and wants his boy to get that fight.

Nobody is pretending Chavez would be legacy enhancing, or that it would be based on anything other than low risk high reward.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:42 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
catchweight wrote:He should have signed out with a fight against Golovkin, Kovalov or Stevenson. They would be top fights against top fighters.

Why?  He's fought all the top fighters in his division.  JC went out on a gimme versus a 'name' and not much else, just decent cash, so why not Froch?

1-2 has just got a hard-on (though not as bad as Tunes) for JdG and wants his boy to get that fight.

Nobody is pretending Chavez would be legacy enhancing, or that it would be based on anything other than low risk high reward.

Would be more in keeping with his image and better for us to watch

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 1:46 pm

I love it....Should be on the best quote thread..

Good boy Onetwo...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 2:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Good boy Onetwo...
Should be on the film thread under "scariest threats"

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 11 Feb 2015, 2:16 pm

Where in the rule book does it say it Froch can't vacate the title and fight who he wants?

Were we talking about a safety first boxer then it be poor form but Froch isn't, not fighting Degale isn't going to be what he's remembered for.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 2:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Good boy Onetwo...

To be fair Dave getting threatened by a complete psycho nutjob who probably lives alone in a cupboard in Billericay is pretty frightening!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

Billericay...That's a nice name...

I imagine it's in Ireland..right ?

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Good boy Onetwo...

To be fair Dave getting threatened by a complete psycho nutjob who probably lives alone in a cupboard in Billericay is pretty frightening!
That describes a Leprechaun R*pist aka STRONGBACK

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 11 Feb 2015, 5:35 pm

I have no problem with Froch taking on JCCJr. Don't often see either in a bad fight and as 12 rounds of boxing goes I think it's a more entertaining fight than Froch DeGale or Ward 2. I think some boxing fans can't see the wood for the trees, granted it's not a hugely signifficant fight but it's likely to be a good watch! Isn't that what we want?

Ideal situation Froch would have passed the torch to Groves or DeGale and we'd have a new career to follow but is Froch sat at home thinking 'I owe boxing and James DeGale something'? I wouldn't be. In fact in his position I'd already be retired.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 11 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:I have no problem with Froch taking on JCCJr. Don't often see either in a bad fight and as 12 rounds of boxing goes I think it's a more entertaining fight than Froch DeGale or Ward 2. I think some boxing fans can't see the wood for the trees, granted it's not a hugely signifficant fight but it's likely to be a good watch! Isn't that what we want?

Ideal situation Froch would have passed the torch to Groves or DeGale and we'd have a new career to follow but is Froch sat at home thinking 'I owe boxing and James DeGale something'? I wouldn't be. In fact in his position I'd already be retired.

He owes Degale a shot as he is his MANDATORY.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

DeGale gets the shot whether it's at Froch or not. Froch has dropped the belt in search of a different fight and I can't say I blame him. He's already done the domestic scene and wants that Vegas fight.

World keeps on turning.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:06 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Why you can get away with it on here shows how inept the MODS are.

I have been away from work all day so have had limited access to the internet. However I am more than happy to deal with you and Dave's ongoing arguments. I have two suggestions, the first is one of either of you uses the foe button. The other option is I will ban you both. I am genuinely nonplussed either option.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Dipper Brown wrote:I have no problem with Froch taking on JCCJr. Don't often see either in a bad fight and as 12 rounds of boxing goes I think it's a more entertaining fight than Froch DeGale or Ward 2. I think some boxing fans can't see the wood for the trees, granted it's not a hugely signifficant fight but it's likely to be a good watch! Isn't that what we want?

WHY????????????

You delusional plonker.

DeGale hasn't been denied his shot. He still gets to fight for the tight. WHY should it HAVE to be versus Froch? What does Froch OWE DeGale??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

WHY????????????

You delusional plonker.

DeGale hasn't been denied his shot.  He still gets to fight for the tight. WHY should it HAVE to be versus Froch? What does Froch OWE DeGale??

Calm Down Lee, calm down.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:25 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Why?  He's fought all the top fighters in his division.  JC went out on a gimme versus a 'name' and not much else, just decent cash, so why not Froch?

Why not fight a top fighter in a top fight?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:44 pm

It would be nice catchy if the warrior lived up to his image. Given his record, I'm not going to be on his case too much about it, but it would be great if he turned round and said, the fans want golovkin, let's go out in style. I couldn't bare listening to him bigging up chavez to flog tickets.

Calzaghe got pilloried for the jones fight... And with some justification.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 11 Feb 2015, 6:49 pm

I think on some level I already consider Froch retired. I don't expect him to come out and take on GGG (which I would relish), so if we only get 36 more minutes of him in the ring at least they'll be entertaining ones with Chavez.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm

On the one hand, Froch (and all boxers) should fight their mandatory.. on the other hand, it is prize-fighting and he has a good CV (not resume!) so it won't be the end of the world if he 'cashes out'. However, it doesn't sit as well with me as it would have had he not slated Calzaghe for doing the same; but, to be fair, he did fight Groves twice.

Finally, it'd be funny if after all this the 'gimme fight' Chavez Jnr pancaked and embarrassed him.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm

Froch in a way retired when he gave his world title. I assume Chavez will be even less interested when there isn't a strap on the line.

Without a belt Froch is just another fighter in a currently decent division. He only brings PPV in the Uk but doesn't want DeGale. I think Froch is hanging them up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:43 pm

Doesn't he still have the WBA 'regular' belt?

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next