The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

+17
Rowley
Dipper Brown
ShahenshahG
TopHat24/7
kingraf
bhb001
milkyboy
OasisBFC
huw
AlexHuckerby
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
Herman Jaeger
Coxy001
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr??????? - Page 2 Empty Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Why?

because he is 37 and earned a meaningless fight with the son of a Legend? Is Chavez a big name?

C'mon guys your better then this surely. Nobody is giving Froch the pelters he rightly deserves for trying to personalise boxing for himself. So he knows he has 1 maybe 2, at a stretch , fights left in him so he decides he wants a last hurrah in a fight on his terms. This man is disrespecting the sport. HE SHOULD NOT DECIDE who he fights as champion he fights who is in line and thats Degale.

However, so called boxing fans on here make idiotic excuses for Froch because of the tough fights and fighters he has faced. This is nonsense Ali faced Holmes, Leonard faced Camacho, De La Hoya faced Pacquiao, and just recently what we thought was his last fight Hopkins faced Kolorev for F**KS SAKE.

Oh but Froch deserves to call out Chavez Jnr who NOBODY is rushing to see fight. So what about Vegas.

Sometimes I get really frustrated with some of the stuff on here by fans. I could have signed up to any boxing forum. Boxing news 24, Eastside, boxingscene but I chose 606v2.

Jack Dempsey once said

''I will continue until I go out like a real champion, flat on my back''

Last edited by ONETWOFOREVER on Tue 10 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr??????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Post by Strongback Wed 11 Feb 2015, 8:52 pm

Regular as in papier mache.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr??????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Post by catchweight Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:09 pm

Im surprised Froch isnt pretty embarrassed to hold the WBA "regular" title.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm

Is it not the 'Massive international superstar, but just a regular guy belt'?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:23 pm

The whole idea of the WBA regular champion, ridiculous as it is, should be pretty insulting. Its one thing if you are fighting coming up through the ranks using it for poker chips. But for an established fighter who considers himself at the top of the sport why would you want to hang onto something which by is its very essence is saying you are NOT the best fighter in the division. I guess it suits someone of Frochs contradictory disposition maybe.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:45 pm

Has Carl Froch earned a big retirement payday fight? No not in my opinion. We hear all the BS about Froch the warrior, yet look at his record. It's padded up against beating middleweights or has beens. Froch's signature victory is against Bute, who was a bum and ducked Ward in order to fight Froch. He even went 1-1 was a passed it Kessler.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 11 Feb 2015, 11:00 pm

Carl Froch has a padded record, heard it all now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:12 am

Bute ducked Ward? Not disputing you mate. Just that I was under the impression bute wasn't invited into the super 6 because he wouldn't sell in USA. Then shortly after he got crushed by Carl.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:06 am

catchweight wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
catchweight wrote:He should have signed out with a fight against Golovkin, Kovalov or Stevenson. They would be top fights against top fighters.

Why?  He's fought all the top fighters in his division.  JC went out on a gimme versus a 'name' and not much else, just decent cash, so why not Froch?

1-2 has just got a hard-on (though not as bad as Tunes) for JdG and wants his boy to get that fight.

Nobody is pretending Chavez would be legacy enhancing, or that it would be based on anything other than low risk high reward.

Why not fight a top fighter in a top fight?

Why should he?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:08 am

Gerry SA wrote:Has Carl Froch earned a big retirement payday fight? No not in my opinion. We hear all the BS about Froch the warrior, yet look at his record. It's padded up against beating middleweights or has beens. Froch's signature victory is against Bute, who was a bum and ducked Ward in order to fight Froch. He even went 1-1 was a passed it Kessler.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing classic Gerry!!

Miguel Vasquez on the other hand, now his record is superb....... Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 12 Feb 2015, 11:37 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
catchweight wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
catchweight wrote:He should have signed out with a fight against Golovkin, Kovalov or Stevenson. They would be top fights against top fighters.

Why?  He's fought all the top fighters in his division.  JC went out on a gimme versus a 'name' and not much else, just decent cash, so why not Froch?

1-2 has just got a hard-on (though not as bad as Tunes) for JdG and wants his boy to get that fight.

Nobody is pretending Chavez would be legacy enhancing, or that it would be based on anything other than low risk high reward.

Why should he?

Because he's a warrior, cut from a different cloth. He loves nothing more than a tear up with another warrior. Easy paydays against hyped up plodders is not his thing. Swansong finales against soft name opposition is what people like Calzaghe do, not people like froch.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
catchweight wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Why should he?

What do you mean "why should he"? Is this what boxing fans are arguing these days? Why should a fighter take on a top fighter?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

Chavez jr is a great fighter...........because If this fight gets made I have no doubt those experts Halling and Smith on Sky will tell us he is.... so often...we'll end up believing it!!!!

"it's a good performance Jim because Ima Muppet may be 4-37 (0) but he did last two rounds with Jack S**t last time out !!" Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:09 pm

Chavez may not be a great fighter but he definitely has an outside chance of stopping Froch.

If Froch takes one clean off Chavez, it could be one of the hardest shots he's ever eaten.

Just hope it's not a damp squib as in the Abraham fight, with a cautious Froch boxing his way to a comfortable but uninspiring ud.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Chavez may not be a great fighter but he definitely has an outside chance of stopping Froch.

If Froch takes one clean off Chavez, it could be one of the hardest shots he's ever eaten.

Just hope it's not a damp squib as in the Abraham fight, with a cautious Froch boxing his way to a comfortable but uninspiring ud.
Chavez's power could KO Froch? What you drinking?

Chavez couldn't even overpower Vera. And he couldn't even KO Martinez after Martinez suffered a knee injury.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:47 pm

Well, you know the cheerleaders on sky claim that each and every Mexican in the world is 'teak tough' and made out of granite so it'll be Froch's sternest test yet.

Don't work for Sky by any chance do you Gerry?

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm

Why does Froch get away with Chavez Jnr???????

Has Rachel promised to get her t*ts out?

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 12 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:Chavez may not be a great fighter but he definitely has an outside chance of stopping Froch.

Chavez's power could KO Froch? What you drinking?

Chavez couldn't even overpower Vera. And he couldn't even KO Martinez after Martinez suffered a knee injury.

I said outside chance Jerry, but I'd much rather watch Froch smack Bernard around.

Always a chance though, that Hopkins could completely shut Froch down just like Ward. Would love it though if Froch could gave Hopkins an absolute hammering. A career ending beating.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 12 Feb 2015, 9:47 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Well, you know the cheerleaders on sky claim that each and every Mexican in the world is 'teak tough' and made out of granite so it'll be Froch's sternest test yet.

Don't work for Sky by any chance do you Gerry?
Chavez is full off tacos and nothing else...

Sky can't afford me DB...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:38 am

Joe's still in this. If Carl is seen to be avoiding the 'boxers' at the end of his reign, that may yet impact on his legacy. At least for me anyway.

I still think he's marinating the DeGale fight but if DeGale beats Dirrell and Froch won't accomodate then it's difficult to see how he ever gets past Joe. I've got it close at the moment but I'll be honest , I never thought Carl would give his title to anyone.  

Let's wait and see.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:09 am

catchweight wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
catchweight wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Why should he?

What do you mean "why should he"? Is this what boxing fans are arguing these days? Why should a fighter take on a top fighter?

I mean what I said. Why should you dictate who he fights? Why should he satisfy your blood lust?

If someone regards themselves as TBE but actually carefully picks who they fight, maybe it's fair to ask them to genuinely challenge themselves, or any similar example, but when someone has already fought everyone they should - why can't that person pick who they fight next? Especially when that's a retirement-pot funding fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:14 am

Because he's basically sought out and fought the hardest fights throughout his career. He's winding down now and deserves a decent payday.

Take away his personal side and he's done pretty much what we moan about other boxers not doing.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:06 pm

Wouldn't say he sought them out derby... From the super 6, it was largely laid out for him... But he certainly didn't shirk any challenges, so fair play to him for that. 

If it wasn't for all the warrior crap, and the attempts to paint chavez as a great fighter, I don't think too many would begrudge him a sign off.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 13 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm

Fair enough Milky, think we can all agree he's never shirked a challenge.

I might have been away too long but I thought the general consensus of boxing scribes alike is that Chavez is just the name to get him to tick Vegas off his list? and it's a good sell in the US?

You can see why he wants it and I think he's done enough to say he doesn't need to prove himself against anyone.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

Absolutely that's what it is. A guy who sells off his dad's name makes it a viable money fight stateside.

I think the point is, that froch tells everyone he's a fight anyone guy, but he's not showing any interest in chasing a fight that boxing fans want to see. If he'd kept his trap shut over the last few years, I think fewer people would begrudge him his pension fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:39 pm

milkyboy wrote:Absolutely that's what it is. A guy who sells off his dad's name makes it a viable money fight stateside.

I think the point is, that froch tells everyone he's a fight anyone guy, but he's not showing any interest in chasing a fight that boxing fans want to see. If he'd kept his trap shut over the last few years, I think fewer people would begrudge him his pension fight.

Can't argue with that (although i'm sure someone will Very Happy )

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:22 pm

I think Onetwo has a good point here; it is not such a stinker as Calzaghe v Jones, but it's as manufactured a fight, for the sole  purpose of a "swansong in Vegas".What with all this 'legacy ' waffle these days boxing has become sentimentalised just like most other things in popular culture.

And Dave  I hope that  you  doesn't  get banned... I would certainly recommend pressing the foe button, so that we can share your wisdom in the future.As a fan of Napalm Death, may I refer you to the  lyric,song "You suffer,but Why?"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Feb 2015, 4:11 pm

Like I say Boxing has entered the flower power era where anything goes.........

Just have to accept things have changed.........

Rather watch this than froch - hoppo........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2