The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash

+95
cb
Exiledinborders
Rory_Gallagher
Heaf
The Saint
stub
Cumbrian
broadlandboy
JDizzle
doctor_grey
FecklessRogue
Biltong
Nachos Jones_1
jbeadlesbigrighthand
whocares
profitius
Doddy76
RDSguru
kingelderfield
nathan
HammerofThunor
Mike Selig
TheRugbyMaster
justified sinner
Hood83
Breadvan
Duty281
quinsforever
Imperialbigdave
Hammersmith harrier
Geordie
hugehandoff
Notch
Poorfour
Totalflanker
Nachos Jones
CraigS1874
Captain_Sensible
Chjw131
reallybored
EWT Spoons
Sgt_Pooly
beshocked
dummy_half
bedfordwelsh
sensisball
Gooseberry
tigertattie
sirtidychris
thomh
No 7&1/2
Jimpy
George Carlin
Gwlad
englandglory4ever
cakeordeath
nickj
TrailApe
alive555
bsando
21st Century Schizoid Man
Barney McGrew did it
Anglobraveheart
Heuer27
captain carrantuohil
Scottish White Line Fever
TheMildlyFranticLlama
robbo277
Weegie Wizard
SneakySideStep
LondonTiger
R!skysports
Cyril
Tattie Scones RRN
funnyExiledScot
MacKnocked-on
luvtotup
Nematode
BamBam
Majestic83
cp10
RuggerRadge2611
IrnBroon
glamorganalun
SecretFly
yappysnap
lostinwales
BigGee
RDW
majesticimperialman
TJ
jimbopip
Rugby Fan
GLove39
99 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Empty 6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash

Post by GLove39 Mon 09 Mar 2015, 2:19 am

First topic message reminder :

6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Englan14    6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Scotla13
ENGLAND v SCOTLAND  
Saturday 14 February 2015
KO 17:00 (GMT)
Twickers

Live on BBC1

Referee: Romain Poitey (FFR)
AR1: George Clancy (IRFU)   vomit
AR2: Marius Mitrea (FIR)
TMO: Ben Skeen (NZR)

Teams:

ENGLAND
6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Alasta10
M Brown (Harlequins); A Watson (Bath), J Joseph (Bath), L Burrell (Northampton), J Nowell (Exeter); G Ford (Bath), B Youngs (Leicester); J Marler (Harlequins), D Hartley (Northampton), D Cole (Leicester), D Attwood (Bath), C Lawes (Northampton), J Haskell (Wasps), C Robshaw (Harlequins, capt), B Vunipola (Saracens).

Replacements: T Youngs (Leicester), M Vunipola (Saracens), K Brookes (Newcastle), G Parling (Leicester), T Wood (Northampton), R Wigglesworth (Saracens), D Cipriani (Sale), B Twelvetrees (Gloucester).

SCOTLAND
6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Tucker12
Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors); Dougie Fife (Edinburgh), Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors), Matt Scott (Edinburgh), Tommy Seymour, Finn Russell (both Glasgow Warriors), Greig Laidlaw (captn) (Gloucester); Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh), Ross Ford (Edinburgh), Euan Murray (Glasgow Warriors), Jim Hamilton (Saracens), Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors), Robert Harley (Glasgow Warriors), Blair Cowan (London Irish) David Denton (Edinburgh).

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Ryan Grant (both Glasgow Warriors), Geoff Cross (London Irish), Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors), Johnnie Beattie (Montpellier), Adam Ashe (Glasgow Warriors), Sam Hidalgo-Clyne and Greig Tonks (both Edinburgh)

The result of the Ireland game beforehand could make things very interesting from an English perspective. Tournament could be blown wide open, & see England looking for a big score with an eye to next weekend & things coming down to points difference.

For us, there's nothing at stake bar pride & some melted Indian Rupees.

Twickenham was always going to be tough, but given how things have gone this tournament I'm absolutely dreading this match.
Our record down South is more embarrassing than Natalie Bennett on LBC! 32 long years since we last won at Twickenham and in the last half century we've managed just one other win in 1971. Stretch things back to the whole century and we can double our total with wins in 1926 & 1938!

Fear we'll see a similar game to England - Italy, valiant start by us & some swashbuckling stuff before ultimately being crushed in the final quarter. Although if we 'defend' the maul like we did against Italy the score will be worse.

On the bright side though, scoring any points would be an improvement on last years Calcutta Cup match... Braveheart

Preconditions people? Am I being too gloomy?

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Empty Re: 6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash

Post by LondonTiger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:21 pm

Nah not wound up by Hogg. Used to that sort of guff really. any way why would he care about trying to wind up a completely inconsequential fan?

Of course if he does, that could explain recent results. Perhaps he needs to return to reminding us he is related to George Best? Or maybe playing, god forbid.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Empty Re: 6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash

Post by Cyril Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:23 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Stuart Hogg making headlines (and causing defence coach Matt Taylor to do some damage control):

Full-back Stuart Hogg grabbed a few headlines yesterday morning when he was reported as saying that the Scottish team are not taken seriously south of the border.

“The English are a fantastic team but they’re pretty much all about themselves at times,” said Hogg. “They don’t really respect us and we find that pretty frustrating. There will be a certain number of people that do respect us but, no matter how good our performance is, on the whole they don’t.”
That bit sounds quite needy. I'm not sure I'd want one of my players saying that. It's like he thinks Scotland need to prove something to their big brother in the south. He would be better off saying something along the lines of "We don't care what other people think".

Hogg seems quite niggly off and on the pitch.

Maybe he's been reading The Rugby Paper as they've been getting into Bannockburn and Culloden mode again!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:24 pm

SecretFly wrote:How is an opinion that you are not really respected a show of 'bravado', Tiger?

I'd say it's a show of what he said it was - frustration.

As he has no idea whether the English team do not respect them, the cod-psychiatrist in me wonders whether it is his inner id speaking to him, and to hide that he comes out with his "William Wallace" stuff. "they hate us, they disrespect us, we want our FREEDOM" (in an aussie accent of course learnt from Nathan hines Very Happy )

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:25 pm

Personally I feel the match could quite easily be won by Scotland. England are not especially good and never really thrash Scotland even when they are superior. Not liek Woodwards teams did to Wales anyway.

As it is we are not especially superior, we coudl really struggle to break down the Scottish defence and our own tackling coudl leakj tries.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:36 pm

0-20 and 38-18 are getting into thrashing territory. Scotland only kept the score down last year because of atrocious conditions.

Should be a similar margin on the weekend.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:39 pm

Cyril wrote:0-20 and 38-18 are getting into thrashing territory. Scotland only kept the score down last year because of atrocious conditions.

Does not compare to the 60 point thrashings we gave out to Wales Very Happy

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Tue 10 Mar 2015, 11:40 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Cyril wrote:0-20 and 38-18 are getting into thrashing territory. Scotland only kept the score down last year because of atrocious conditions.

Does not compare to the 60 point thrashings we gave out to Wales Very Happy
laughing Those were the days!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 11 Mar 2015, 12:49 am

I agree - I expect a 20 point margin. I think the Italy backlash will keep us competitive for the first half hour, but I don't see us coming up on top of the set piece or the physical exchanges over the 80 minutes, and with Ford and Joseph in the England backs I don't think we can rely on England choking too many point scoring opportunities.

Our best attacking threats are Bennett (13) and Hogg (15), but we'll need to be infinitely better on Saturday than we were against Italy with regard to getting the ball out to them.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:00 am

I hope the Scots don't start trying to run from anywhere/everywhere (Hogg most especially)  A game by numbers and sequences would be best.  
But I think Scotland will be so stung by the Italy game, be so charged to make a point against England, be so red eared after a blazing bollicking from Cotter Wink - that they'll make life difficult for themselves, lose defensive shape too easily, be countered on their counters and..............

.......... just keep calm for 80 would be my advice.  Don't loose the run of yourselves.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 11 Mar 2015, 1:35 am

It's too early in the week to start feeling cautiously optimistic, Secret. That's Friday afternoon that is.
We must go through the stages and today is Private Fraser.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:20 am

SRU just tweeted an article about "Captain Laidlaw" discussing tactics. picard

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:22 am

cakeordeath wrote:SRU just tweeted an article about "Captain Laidlaw" discussing tactics. picard

I may have to re-visit my perdiction

From 1.23 to 0.33 points to Scotland - 431 to England

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:33 am

cakeordeath wrote:SRU just tweeted an article about "Captain Laidlaw" discussing tactics. picard

Must be music to the ears of the England defence coaches. No need to be overly concerned about line speed or defensive intensity, and it'll give Mike Brown a nice easy return to international rugby as he can amble back those aimless kicks knowing there'll be no chase.

Still, Laidlaw actually played really well for Glaws against Saints, so you never know.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:36 am

Unless it is a cunning bluff.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:40 am

Those pesky kids. Out-thinking the English....who have Woodward as advisor?? A joke.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:40 am

cakeordeath wrote:Unless it is a cunning bluff.

Sounds more like a cunning stunt

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:54 am

it's cunning something but keep it clean whatever it is.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:51 am

Can't believe some of the Scottish players are getting huffy about England 'not showing them enough respect'. Well, what do you expect!

If you lose to a team that your opposition thumped the round before, is your opposition going to really be thinking inside camp that they face a really tough task? Of course not! What is there to respect about Scottish Rugby - seriously, there's nothing right now.

Stop being arrogant! Jeez...

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:58 am

Scotland have hardly ever beaten England at hq. It's not likely to happen on Saturday either. Laidlaw was very average for glaws last week. He'll need to be 50% better if they are to have even a slight chance.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:48 am

Those arrogant Scots!!

Demanding we respect them! Makes me nearly choke on my champagne, I was so insensed I had cane my manservant.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:21 am

yappysnap wrote:Those arrogant Scots!!

Demanding we respect them! Makes me nearly choke on my champagne, I was so insensed I had cane my manservant.

Are you fes in disguise

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:22 am

Riskysports wrote:

Are you fes in disguise

The grammar would suggest otherwise. Wink

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:26 am

I reckon we can win this; but only if we can get up at them and ruffle them. I disagree with FES about this being similar to the way the England Italy game went. If we can get at them in the first 20 get doubts in their head, get the points ticking over then we'll be in with a great chance. Obviously it's easier said than done but if we can put competitive kicks on Nowell, Brown and Watson with Maitland and Seymour chasing well. I hate the term "organised chaos" but that is what we need to create for them. I think we've got them in the centres, Bennett showed in the European Cup for Glasgow that he's better than Joseph and I rate Dunbar over Burrell. In fact I think the backs in general are fairly well matched on the basis of the Glasgow Bath games but it's the forwards that need to step up. If Denton comes back in we have a chance with Beattie we may as well not bother turning up, Cowan needs to watch his penalties and Harley has to do what he does best. The front row just need to gain parity and not become a penalty mine. If we do that then we can win.

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:40 am

Love it 123 etc. I truly hope you are right. Sadly, having watched and hoped for so many years, I fear I'll never see Scotland triumph at Twickenham!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 8:50 am

It'll happen one day, if Cotter doesn't have a mindfeck we could see one of the best Scottish XVs in recent years out on Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:03 am

123456789 wrote:It'll happen one day, if Cotter doesn't have a mindfeck we could see one of the best Scottish XVs in recent years out on Saturday.

Halfbacks?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:07 am

SHC and Russell. Got to be. They need to be on for 80 though.

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:07 am

lostinwales wrote:
123456789 wrote:It'll happen one day, if Cotter doesn't have a mindfeck we could see one of the best Scottish XVs in recent years out on Saturday.

Halfbacks?

Laidlaw's been pretty dire and not in the same league as Cusiter or Blair but in terms of game understanding Russell is a level or, most probably two, above what we've had previously, when he gains some consistency he'll be a brilliant, brilliant player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anglobraveheart Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:14 am

Cusiter on the bench, because he's still hungry, has a bit of nowty fiest about him, is sharp and will have a go himself. And has oodles of experience to draw on.
Tonks will need to be on the bench too, to cover 10, or put Hogg to 10 and Tonks to 15.
Apart from that, all the other 10's seem to be broken!

Anglobraveheart

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:12 am

lostinwales wrote:
cakeordeath wrote:Unless it is a cunning bluff.

Sounds more like a cunning stunt

Don't get John Inverdale to say that censored

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:19 am

Yawn

Sorry Scotland i had you up for this in week 1 but the falling apart has become so shocking that i think England will win by a largish margin…..just not much grunt under the kilt anymore it seems.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:39 pm

SecretFly wrote:I hope the Scots don't start trying to run from anywhere/everywhere (Hogg most especially)  A game by numbers and sequences would be best.  
But I think Scotland will be so stung by the Italy game, be so charged to make a point against England, be so red eared after a blazing bollicking from Cotter Wink - that they'll make life difficult for themselves, lose defensive shape too easily, be countered on their counters and..............

.......... just keep calm for 80 would be my advice.  Don't loose the run of yourselves.
Completely disagree Fly, old socks.

Bizarrely and contrary to every Scottish team for the past decade, this shower are far more likely to score by getting the ball out to the backline and letting them have a crack. The forwards used to be our (relative) strength, but that's not the case any more. Glasgow are not 4 points clear at the top of the Pro 12 for no reason. That backline has scored a bucketload of tries through fast breaks and it's really our only way to get points on the board.

On the other hand, with Richie 'the less talented' Gray out with an arm injury the pack has looked badly underpowered (especially against a mauling game) and if we try and stick to a set piece jamboree we will get squished. This is particularly the case if we continue to persevere with Tim Swinson who is a great club man but far too lightweight for international rugby. We could of course play Jim Hamilton, or perhaps we could have an offset arrangement where we just give England 9 points at the start of the game to reflect the pointless penalties he will inevitably concede.

Not to worry though. With all indications being that Greig 'should I just kick it, then?' Laidlaw in the box seat, the chances of getting quick ball or momentum through line breaks is marginally less than 0. All the more annoying because his former understudy at Edinburgh, a young man called Sam Hidalgo-Clyne for the uninitiated, will warm the bench completely unable to use the box of tricks he possesses which actually could open up the game for us.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Mar 2015, 6:41 pm

Pleasing comments from Laidlaw this morning

“We’ve had it from the coaches and rightly so,” Laidlaw said yesterday. “We’ve now seen both sides of Vern – he’s a hard man.

“He has high standards and we’ve certainly seen what he’s all about, and that’s good. We now know what’s expected of us and he’s a very clever coach. Some of the analysis we’ve done this week, he’s done it in a very clever way. There has been a slight change in tack from him. His analysis has been about going back a bit further into previous tournaments. He’s been on our case and he’s certainly been on my case, that’s for sure.

The Scotsman or also reporting that Denton and Hamilton will be back, and Laidlaw will keep his place.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:12 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Pleasing comments from Laidlaw this morning

“We’ve had it from the coaches and rightly so,” Laidlaw said yesterday. “We’ve now seen both sides of Vern – he’s a hard man.

“He has high standards and we’ve certainly seen what he’s all about, and that’s good. We now know what’s expected of us and he’s a very clever coach. Some of the analysis we’ve done this week, he’s done it in a very clever way. There has been a slight change in tack from him. His analysis has been about going back a bit further into previous tournaments. He’s been on our case and he’s certainly been on my case, that’s for sure.

The Scotsman or also reporting that Denton and Hamilton will be back, and Laidlaw will keep his place.
Hopefully to replace Beattie and Swinson. Now all we need is Maitland instead of Visser, retaining Seymour and Hogg and that lot could actually score some tries.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:17 pm

George Carlin wrote:

Hopefully to replace Beattie and Swinson. Now all we need is Maitland instead of Visser, retaining Seymour and Hogg and that lot could actually score some tries.

censored

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:23 pm

Everything I have read suggests Laidlaw will play. I will be delighted if Hamilton is selected.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:28 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Are you fes in disguise

Hey I was so angry I couldn't spell!

Or I blame my IPhone... Whistle

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:48 pm

123456789 wrote:I reckon we can win this; but only if we can get up at them and ruffle them. I disagree with FES about this being similar to the way the England Italy game went. If we can get at them in the first 20 get doubts in their head, get the points ticking over then we'll be in with a great chance. Obviously it's easier said than done but if we can put competitive kicks on Nowell, Brown and Watson with Maitland and Seymour chasing well. I hate the term "organised chaos" but that is what we need to create for them. I think we've got them in the centres, Bennett showed in the European Cup for Glasgow that he's better than Joseph and I rate Dunbar over Burrell. In fact I think the backs in general are fairly well matched on the basis of the Glasgow Bath games but it's the forwards that need to step up. If Denton comes back in we have a chance with Beattie we may as well not bother turning up, Cowan needs to watch his penalties and Harley has to do what he does best. The front row just need to gain parity and not become a penalty mine. If we do that then we can win.

Scotland are much improved and even good to watch at times, when compared to the last 6N. But, for all their possession and new found skill, the bottom line is that they haven't anyone who could finish a four-piece jigsaw puzzle. They're going to struggle against England's solid defence on Saturday, while I think that English forward dominance will lead to at least four tries for them.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
George Carlin wrote:

censored
You're right. Let's have Lamont with his leg hanging off or young Timothy, for whom the smiley below officially entered usage on these boards:
6N Round 4: The Calcutta Cup clash - Page 3 Visser10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 7:54 pm

Jimpy wrote:
123456789 wrote:I reckon we can win this; but only if we can get up at them and ruffle them. I disagree with FES about this being similar to the way the England Italy game went. If we can get at them in the first 20 get doubts in their head, get the points ticking over then we'll be in with a great chance. Obviously it's easier said than done but if we can put competitive kicks on Nowell, Brown and Watson with Maitland and Seymour chasing well. I hate the term "organised chaos" but that is what we need to create for them. I think we've got them in the centres, Bennett showed in the European Cup for Glasgow that he's better than Joseph and I rate Dunbar over Burrell. In fact I think the backs in general are fairly well matched on the basis of the Glasgow Bath games but it's the forwards that need to step up. If Denton comes back in we have a chance with Beattie we may as well not bother turning up, Cowan needs to watch his penalties and Harley has to do what he does best. The front row just need to gain parity and not become a penalty mine. If we do that then we can win.

Scotland are much improved and even good to watch at times, when compared to the last 6N. But, for all their possession and new found skill, the bottom line is that they haven't anyone who could finish a four-piece jigsaw puzzle.
http://www.epcrugby.com/matchdaytv/?play=media&id=19428
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 11 Mar 2015, 9:05 pm

yappysnap wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Are you fes in disguise

I just thought Cane was a funny name for a manservant

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:02 pm

lostinwales wrote:
yappysnap wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:
Riskysports wrote:

Are you fes in disguise

I just thought Cane was a funny name for a manservant
I just assumed that 'Cane' was his surname.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:05 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Scotland are much improved and even good to watch at times, when compared to the last 6N. But, for all their possession and new found skill, the bottom line is that they haven't anyone who could finish a four-piece jigsaw puzzle.

Yes.... European club rugby isn't the same as international rugby though is it....

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:14 pm

Jimpy wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Yes.... European club rugby isn't the same as international rugby though is it....
Of course not. Nor, however, can things like this be ignored when they involve almost entirely the same players and we have had to listen to a number of Jeff fans bang on about how intense this new and improved European competition is.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm

Would have been nice to see a match not decimated by injuries. Bath playing 2nd rowers in their back row and Glasgow a hooker.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:21 pm

and Richie Vernon (13)

Run

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

Jimpy wrote:

I don't know Jimpy.  The jury is always out on that one when watching European Internationals Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:27 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Of course not. Nor, however, can things like this be ignored when they involve almost entirely the same players and we have had to listen to a number of Jeff fans bang on about how intense this new and improved European competition is.

I'm not sure you can draw a correlation between club rugby and international rugby, when patently, at international level, Scotland aren't finishing off games they should be winning. So what if the likes of Glasgow are playing in this 'new improved' European competition and beating the likes of Bath? How is it relevant what a Scottish player does for Glasgow and then what he fails to do for Scotland itself?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:33 pm

And for all the great play that Glasgow put together that day, (and running Bath close in Bath) one of those teams finished top of their group and one finished in 3rd....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 11 Mar 2015, 10:45 pm

Jimpy wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
George Carlin wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

I'm not sure you can draw a correlation between club rugby and international rugby, when patently, at international level, Scotland aren't finishing off games they should be winning. So what if the likes of Glasgow are playing in this 'new improved' European competition and beating the likes of Bath? How is it relevant what a Scottish player does for Glasgow and then what he fails to do for Scotland itself?
Oh dear. Let's review, shall we? Your rather nasty comment was that Scotland "haven't anyone who could finish a four-piece jigsaw puzzle".

I am disagreeing based on the players that we now have (about which I am going to risk saying that I know a lot more than you) and the fact that in last year's AI series (the most recent international form we had prior to the 6N), Scotland didn't score a single try in 3 games whereas this year they scored 11 of them. Nobody is saying that Scotland are now world beaters, merely that the tired squirts of 'received wisdom' vitiol such as yours about Scotland's previous inability to score in a brothel now look a little dated.

I am going to stab wildly in the dark and suggest that you probably still think your comment is valid. And so the world turns.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next