The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton wants Quigg in June/July

+24
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
Rodney
Derbymanc
lfc91
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Dipper Brown
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
catchweight
AlexHuckerby
ShahenshahG
horizontalhero
Seanusarrilius
Coxy001
Rowley
huw
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
Strongback
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Frampton wants Quigg in June/July - Page 3 Empty Frampton wants Quigg in June/July

Post by hampo17 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just had an email from Cyclone Promotions that's says they've been in negotiations for a while now, however it looks like the sticking point is that Matchroom want to promote the show by themselves, while Frampton and Barry want a joint promotion.

Matchroom have now made a public offer while ignoring requests for follow up meetings, and have now been told that if they won't come back around the table then Team Frampton will go elsewhere.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frampton wants Quigg in June/July - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton wants Quigg in June/July

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 07 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

Yea. The NI executive have also invested heavily in Frampton let's not forget. They funded that outdoor world title fight against Martinez and you'd be nuts to think there weren't terms to handing that money over. He is an attraction over in this place which apart from Frampton is promoted on a boat that sank on its first main voyage
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Frampton wants Quigg in June/July - Page 3 Empty Re: Frampton wants Quigg in June/July

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:23 pm

I can't make any sense of that last bit mate

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 11:31 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Yea. The NI executive have also invested heavily in Frampton let's not forget. They funded that outdoor world title fight against Martinez and you'd be nuts to think there weren't terms to handing that money over. He is an attraction over in this place which apart from Frampton is promoted on a boat that sank on its first main voyage

McIlroy is relatively well known aswell to be fair...

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 08 Apr 2015, 12:29 am

Aye but he's worth multi millions and jets around the world playing tournaments. Frampton shows are a belfast attraction. McIlroys talents lie in other countries
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:20 am

Surely if 1.5 mil is on the table and it's the best offer out there then it's in Barry's interest for his charge to accept???

Unless he can't due to his contract with ITV (In which case he should come out and say this to the fans) If the shoe was on the other foot, the likes of Strongy, 1/2 would be absolutely tearing Hearn a new one for not accepting.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:39 am

Derbymanc wrote:Surely if 1.5 mil is on the table and it's the best offer out there then it's in Barry's interest for his charge to accept???

Unless he can't due to his contract with ITV (In which case he should come out and say this to the fans) If the shoe was on the other foot, the likes of Strongy, 1/2 would be absolutely tearing Hearn a new one for not accepting.

It's easy to post a picture with a £1.5 million cheque offer, when we haven't got a clue what stipulations are behind this offer. Its already been rumoured Hearn wants his team/ Quigg takes all the PPV revenue and that he wants a piece of Carls next promotion should he win. Its poor and drastic action from Hearn trying to negotiate it like this and I fear his wheels may come off when the going gets tough getting deals over the line (He has had it easy up to now) First he tries to humiliate Khan into a fight knowing he can't take it due to Ramadan now this cheap publicity shot.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:59 am

I forgot about options and that to be honest Rodders, this is where Bazza needs to come out and explain why he won't take the offer and what the options are. As I said though if the shoe was on the other foot everyone would be going mad at Quigg if he didn't take it. Also isn't it more than Donaire got for Rigo???

The Khan thing is a smokescreen by Khan imo, he's taken on Algieri so why not try and negotiate for Brook on that Date???

Whilst on the one hand it's good for us fans to glimpse a little of behind the scenes and to see the money on offer, as Rowley puts it, we are currently getting a load of excuses as to why fights aren't happening instead of the other way round,

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:27 am

Derbymanc wrote:I forgot about options and that to be honest Rodders, this is where Bazza needs to come out and explain why he won't take the offer and what the options are. As I said though if the shoe was on the other foot everyone would be going mad at Quigg if he didn't take it. Also isn't it more than Donaire got for Rigo???

The Khan thing is a smokescreen by Khan imo, he's taken on Algieri so why not try and negotiate for Brook on that Date???

Whilst on the one hand it's good for us fans to glimpse a little of behind the scenes and to see the money on offer, as Rowley puts it, we are currently getting a load of excuses as to why fights aren't happening instead of the other way round,

Agreed Derby, it would be helpful if we knew exactly what the stipulations, if any, Eddie has put in.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:29 am

Both sides are to blame anyway, Hearn and Mcguigan want the best possible deal and to get one over each other.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Both sides are to blame anyway, Hearn and Mcguigan want the best possible deal and to get one over each other.

I agree but stunts like that yesterday won't help ! What's that all that about ?

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:41 am

As far as I can find Frampton and Bazza have come out and said the stumbling block is it being a joint promotion so really Eddie just needs to agree to that and that should be it.

Obviously Barry's got to look after his own interests as well so would be interested to know what he would get from it now as it stands.

The good thing is that both boxers seem to want this fight, it just needs Big Ed and Bazza to sit down and sort it out properly.

@rodney, it's a bit of an underhanded trick but it should stop people trying to blame him and Quigg for the fight not happening.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:08 am

Just a media ploy from Hearn to make it look like Frampton is ducking. Negotiations probably weren't going anywhere positive for matchroom so they've attempted to sway public opinion in Quigg's favour with this.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:22 pm

You never know Sky and Eddie Hearn might actually have Quigg and Frampton on Sky sports 1 instead of stiffing the fans for 17 to 19 quid a time on PPV, and the Monster Raving Looney party might win this years general election.

PPV the biggest sports fan rip off ever invented, hope McGuigan sticks 2 fingers up at Hearn and Sky.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:26 pm

Laugh Turn the clock back a year and Eddie could walk on water with 99% of the posters on here..

"Eddie is good for the sport".............."He gives us great fights"....

What a difference a year makes..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:38 pm

Thats the problem when you try to side with the fans - you better stick to it or you'll get it back worse.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:55 pm

Naivety is rife.

I don't mind Hearn and am just glad there's boxing on. The shows could be better but I won't gripe at that. If I had a gripe it would be the blatant pr one upmanship that's been shown with Quigg being made to look like a fool holding that cheque. Also, the way they handled Khan. Everyone knows the fight will happen so there was no need to go the route they did to disparage him. Lots on here fall for it too due to blind love for the promoter of the day.

Fair enough respect him and enjoy his shows but backing him on every single thing he does is wearing thin. Can do no wrong etc.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:10 pm

Hearn is more a cult of personlity. Theres a handful of people that leap to any Matchroom connected criticism on Hearns behalf (he is the frontman, but is he the real brains??) I couldnt really care less if he is a nice guy, a d1ck or a d1ck pretending to be a nice guy as long as he is giving fans value for money. The bottom line is Matchroom are not delivering for the fans at the moment given the resources and platform they have. This latest publicity stunt is typical Hearn. A load of Love sacks via social media when really he wanted full control of Frampton v Quigg so he could flog into a ppv complete with a poignant strawberry of punnets anecdote. Make the fight happen ffs or go back to sticking Quigg on undercards wasting peoples time.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:26 pm

I still don't get what the issue is with him offering Frampton 1.5 mil and trying to push it through by letting everyone know??? If Barry would have done the same we'd be screaming that Quigg was ducking and he should be biting his hand off for 1.5mil.

I get there's an issue with co-promoting but it's been said that Eddie's stated he'll allow them to have the advertisement etc (although haven't looked too hard into it so can't confirm that) Ed also wants it on PPV as that will be where Quiggs purse comes from and he's stating he'll probably end up with a lot less but isn't bothered as he wants the fight.

His matchmaking lately has left a lot to be desired and he needs to get back to the competive fights to get fans back onboard. I see a lot more people complaining now about it than in the past and hopefully he'll see this and change again (although I won't be holding my breath)

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/eddie-hearn-this-is-not-about-cyclone-promotions-or-matchroom-its-about-scott-quigg-and-carl-frampton/ (eddie mentions cyclones issues)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:36 pm

That isnt the issue, its basically Eddie trying to force their hand after refusing to meet with them for further negotiations. So basically he's trying to shift all the blame onto frampton but this time its backfired. If they were negotiating behind closed doors then fair enough but theyve rebuffed any attempts to negotiate, are unwilling to compromise on certain conditions and have thrown this out to make it look like they're doing everything they could.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm

I see his interpretation of co-promoter amounts to Cyclone Promotions having their name on posters and announced by Buffer. Load of boll0cks.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:47 pm

I'm not sure what else they want by co-promoting though Catchy? isn't that what it's about, their name in lights alongside Matchroom etc (serious question btw)

They've obviously come to a standstill in negotiations but i can't understand how 1.5 mil is a bad deal for Frampton, it was mentioned before about options but there's nothing mentioned about it anywhere and the only problem Frampton seems to have is the co-promoting thing.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:50 pm

Its about control of the fight. Framptons team have made a straightforward fair request for the fight to be a co-promotion. Matchroom havent been playing ball. Instead they have pulled a publicity stunt and tried to make out that Framptons team are stalling the fight over stuff as petty as posters and an announcement. Its total crap. They want to have an equal say in the fight instead of handing full control of the promotion over to Matchroom.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

Yet their fighter has been offered 1.5 mil for 1 fight, as was mentioned Quiggs purse is to come from PPV and will be a lot less than Framptons. Cyclones name will be up in lights with matchrooms and as far as I can tell the only issue matchroom want is it on PPV.

Yes it would be nice to be on ITV but are Barry and Frampton happy to have a lot lower purse and more than likely a proper 50/50 split (with it being fully co promoted)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:54 pm

Thing is quigg is the one who needs the fight

Frampton is a name and his following in ireland is huge, whereas quigg is a support act on normal sky cards and wont be making the purses frampton

I think that your quality of opposition makes you a better fighter, and frampton has learnt a lot over the last 2/3 years whereas quigg hasnt developed and think that its a (competitive) clear win for Frampton, he (mcguigan) may have to bite the bullet and let matchroom promote it and then let the exposure make the moeny back over his next few fights

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:58 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Thing is quigg is the one who needs the fight

Frampton is a name and his following in ireland is huge, whereas quigg is a support act on normal sky cards and wont be making the purses  frampton

I think that your quality of opposition makes you a better fighter, and frampton has learnt a lot over the last 2/3 years whereas quigg hasnt developed and think that its a (competitive) clear win for Frampton, he (mcguigan) may have to bite the bullet and let matchroom promote it and then let the exposure make the moeny back over his next few fights

I completely agree with this and have said that Quigg at best has stagnated with the level of his opponents and at worse will have regressed a bit. Frampton could have it on PPV, wow everybody, get a bigger fan base in the UK as people scramble to watch him on ITV as he beat his no.1 opponent.

I'd rather it was on ITV to be honest but can't see the massive issue with this and think if it was the other way round forums would be full of people screaming why isn't Quigg signing this.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:07 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Yet their fighter has been offered 1.5 mil for 1 fight, as was mentioned Quiggs purse is to come from PPV and will be a lot less than Framptons. Cyclones name will be up in lights with matchrooms and as far as I can tell the only issue matchroom want is it on PPV.

Yes it would be nice to be on ITV but are Barry and Frampton happy to have a lot lower purse and more than likely a proper 50/50 split (with it being fully co promoted)

They potentially sign away all control of the fight for that. Matchroom can decide on all the rules. Venue, pricing, revenues, advertising, undercard. Its far more complex than the "posters and ring announcement" boll0cks Hearn is spouting.

Maybe McGuigan thinks this could do 6 millon viewers on ITV and a 30/40k venue in Ireland. Maybe he would accept the fight on Sky if he got a say in how the promotion was run. Matchroom havent been willing to compromise and have pulled this stunt to try and make the Frampton team look bad for what is a more than reasonable request. Its Matchroom who arent playing ball.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:10 pm

Can't argue with that, would like to see Cyclone now put out a statement saying exactly what their issue is and what they'd like control over. For all we know they're saying that Matchroom can only have a banner up (I doubt it btw as I think Ed would have stated that.)

I still can't see how Frampton can earn that money elsewhere though for 1 fight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:26 pm

It's a cheap stunt from matchroom, designed to bring pressure on mcguigan to compromise, and potentially to unsettle frampton. Let's hope they kiss and make up behind the scenes and cut a deal. Stick a rematch clause in, one fight in Manchester, one in Belfast, one on itv, one  on sky.

They just need to engineer a close fight or a bit of controversy in the first fight and don't end up with a froch bute.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:31 pm

Sky PPV, Eddie Hearn and Warren  are the reason Boxing has  become a minority sport they have isolated it to die hard boxing fans.

If British and world title fights where on ITV, the fighters become household names, ask an ordinary sports fan to pay up to 19 quid for a fight that they only have a passing interest in and it isn't happening.

Ask the ordinary man in the pub or street who Frampton and Quigg are they'd probably answer, is it a new comedy act.

McGuigan should hold out, ITV or nothing,if the fight doesn't take place, Frampton becomes the little Irish fighter who everyone loves to watch and Quigg becomes Sky's Scotty Who ?. That's the harsh reality.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm

But he's being offered 1.5 million pounds, this is a massive number and he could go back to ITV as a bigger name and make even more money.

Does anyone know the viewing figure of his last fight on ITV as I'm not entirely sure the general public see him as a big name or care that much about him yet.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

Derbymanc wrote:But he's being offered 1.5 million pounds, this is a massive number and he could go back to ITV as a bigger name and make even more money.

Does anyone know the viewing figure of his last fight on ITV as I'm not entirely sure the general public see him as a big name or care that much about him yet.
The reason McGuigan became a big name was because of the exposure on terrestrial TV, Frampton would be  the same.

Would ITV allow McGuigan and Frampton to switch to Sky if they were contracted to fight exclusively on ITV, bearing in mind Frampton' s probably the most exciting fighter in Britain with a huge Irish following.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:02 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Sky PPV, Eddie Hearn and Warren  are the reason Boxing has  become a minority sport they have isolated it to die hard boxing fans.

If British and world title fights where on ITV, the fighters become household names, ask an ordinary sports fan to pay up to 19 quid for a fight that they only have a passing interest in and it isn't happening.

Ask the ordinary man in the pub or street who Frampton and Quigg are they'd probably answer, is it a new comedy act.

McGuigan should hold out, ITV or nothing,if the fight doesn't take place, Frampton becomes the little Irish fighter who everyone loves to watch and Quigg becomes Sky's Scotty Who ?. That's the harsh reality.

If negotiations continue as they have, they might be right

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm

Maybe Matchroom have given up on the fight and are plotting Quiggs next undercard fight. If they add him against a late notice TBA on their May card with Brook v Gavin then we are really talking ppv punnets of strawberries all around. Hopefully not, but the move could exit strategy designed to pin blame on the Frampton camp for a fight that probably isnt coming off.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:48 pm

Who cares. I'd be happy to see Frampton go State side.

There was a reason why Frampton left Matchroom in the first place.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 09 Apr 2015, 6:35 pm

Frampton's response:

http://m.newsletter.co.uk/sport/boxing/carl-frampton-column-eddie-hearn-has-to-get-real-and-make-realistic-offer-for-scott-quigg-clash-1-6679412

As I suspected yesterday - all PPV sales would go to Quigg/Hearn.

What a shocking bluff by Fast Eddie.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 6:40 pm

However, I really would love to silence Quigg, his team and the hundreds of fans that follow him once and for all.

Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 6:48 pm

That wasn't a prediction Haz, that's what Eddie said all along. Frampton gets a solid 1.5mil, quigg makes his money from the ppv sales.

Hearn added: ‘Scott might not get £1.5m. That is not how this offer is working. This offer is us working together to come up with an offer, that we believe Carl Frampton cannot turn down. If it doesn’t do the pay-per-view buys that we anticipate, Scott might get a third of that (£500,000 to Frampton’s £1.5m). We take the risk. Carl does not have to take any risk.’

From one of the links I posted when this first kicked off.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 09 Apr 2015, 6:59 pm

Matchroom trying to pull a fast one.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

What Ed really wants to do is switch it now and say Quigg can have the 1.5mil and Frampton the ppv sales, wonder what excuse we'll get next.

Cannot see how this fight makes anywhere near 10 - 12 mil quid at all. Said before but don't think either fighter is that well known and thought his Framptons numbers were disappointing on ITV?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm

Eddie's obviously had the marketing boys work on this one, he knows this one could sell big.

I'd be much more inclined to accept the offer if I was Carl, if it was a guaranteed 1.5m + say 25% of revenue if the fight reaches a set target, just in case sales go through the roof.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:09 pm

Derbymanc wrote:What Ed really wants to do is switch it now and say Quigg can have the 1.5mil and Frampton the ppv sales, wonder what excuse we'll get next.

Cannot see how this fight makes anywhere near 10 - 12 mil quid at all. Said before but don't think either fighter is that well known and thought his Framptons numbers were disappointing on ITV?

I would laugh for many hours if they did this, because theyd have to renege on it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:10 pm

What he really needs to do is make the event a co-promotion and make an offer that is designed to make the fight happen rather than increase social media jabber.

Quigg is not the draw in the fight, he has less fans and he has less options. Best case scenario he should be getting 40% of total revenue, and that would be generous.

All pr nonsense from Matchroom.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:12 pm

Derbymanc wrote:That wasn't a prediction Haz, that's what Eddie said all along. Frampton gets a solid 1.5mil, quigg makes his money from the ppv sales.

Hearn added: ‘Scott might not get £1.5m. That is not how this offer is working. This offer is us working together to come up with an offer, that we believe Carl Frampton cannot turn down. If it doesn’t do the pay-per-view buys that we anticipate, Scott might get a third of that (£500,000 to Frampton’s £1.5m). We take the risk. Carl does not have to take any risk.’

From one of the links I posted when this first kicked off.

It wasn't clear that Frampton wouldn't get a cut of PPV - I made the point yesterday.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:14 pm

The only thing I can find on viewing figures for Framptons ITV fight is that it was 1.9 million views. Dunno if that's good or bad though for saturday night. Although it looks like it smashes any boxing on sky sports out of the water.

Whilst obviously part of a publicity stunt on Big Ed's part I can't see any problem with him offering Frampton 1.5 mil unless he's been earning about 1 mil per fight anyway??????

I would however agree that Frampton needs something written into the contract to protect him in case the fight does go into silly figures. Otherwise I think it's wishful thinking.

@Haz the quote says that's where quiggs purse is coming from, don't think it could be any clearer

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

Derbymanc wrote:The only thing I can find on viewing figures for Framptons ITV fight is that it was 1.9 million views. Dunno if that's good or bad though for saturday night. Although it looks like it smashes any boxing on sky sports out of the water.

Whilst obviously part of a publicity stunt on Big Ed's part I can't see any problem with him offering Frampton 1.5 mil unless he's been earning about 1 mil per fight anyway??????

I would however agree that Frampton needs something written into the contract to protect him in case the fight does go into silly figures. Otherwise I think it's wishful thinking.

@Haz the quote says that's where quiggs purse is coming from, don't think it could be any clearer

Hearn was videoed claiming that they bore the risk but there was no clarification on whether Frampton got a share of PPV. Often fighters get a flat fee and then a percentage cut of PPV on top. I haven't ever heard of one guy getting a limited sum while the other gets all the PPV monies.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 7:53 pm

I took it as straight off Frampton wasn't getting any PPV cut from the interviews done, thought it was pretty clear that the 1.5mil was a flat fee for Frampton as Hearn/Quigg/Matchroom would then take all the risk. (Hence why I posted it when it was mentioned)

There are some wider questions that need to be asked from both sides though, especially from the fans (I'm pretty certain Quigg would be absolutely crucified if Bazza pulled this stunt and he said no.)

Frampton makes a few good points ie what if the PPV does massive numbers (I doubt it,) but then Quigg could say the same (what if it does tiny numbers.)

I still cannot see the justification for turning down 1.5 mil for a fight when you've been earning nowhere near that in the past. It's a shame the 2 promoters can't sit down again as I don't blame the fighters for this as the pair of them have stated they want the fight (pretty poor form of Framps to have sly digs at Quigg though as far as i'm aware he hasn't done it back)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm

Frampton looks like a clown when he goes on about being a proper champion when Rigondeaux should be the fully unified champion. Donaire had beaten the IBF, WBC (Nishioka stripped for attempting to unify), WBO, Ring magazine champions and then lost to the WBA champion in the space of five fights at the weight.

I'd love to know where he's getting his numbers from too, a fight between two 122lbers isn't worth half of the £12mil he's been quoting.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:02 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I took it as straight off Frampton wasn't getting any PPV cut from the interviews done, thought it was pretty clear that the 1.5mil was a flat fee for Frampton as Hearn/Quigg/Matchroom would then take all the risk. (Hence why I posted it when it was mentioned)

There are some wider questions that need to be asked from both sides though, especially from the fans (I'm pretty certain Quigg would be absolutely crucified if Bazza pulled this stunt and he said no.)

Frampton makes a few good points ie what if the PPV does massive numbers (I doubt it,) but then Quigg could say the same (what if it does tiny numbers.)

I still cannot see the justification for turning down 1.5 mil for a fight when you've been earning nowhere near that in the past. It's a shame the 2 promoters can't sit down again as I don't blame the fighters for this as the pair of them have stated they want the fight (pretty poor form of Framps to have sly digs at Quigg though as far as i'm aware he hasn't done it back)

He referred to his 'hundreds of fans'. I thought he was flattering him.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:14 pm

I thought it come off really petty with it Milky, like a petulant child who doesn't like what he's heard so lashes out.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:17 pm

Yet making public offers with the purpose of shifting blame onto Frampton while ignoring any attempts to meet face to face is the height of maturity. Rolling Eyes

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next