The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

+20
RanjitPatel
Nico the gman
Herman Jaeger
jimdig
Guest82
TopHat24/7
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
hampo17
Coxy001
Rowley
aja424
88Chris05
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Derbymanc
horizontalhero
mobilemaster8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  - Page 3 Empty McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Barry McGuigan wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32456855

World champion Carl Frampton will not be fighting Scott Quigg this summer, according to the former's manager and promoter Barry McGuigan.

It was hoped Belfast fighter Frampton, the IBF super-bantamweight champion, and Bury boxer Quigg, who holds a portion of the WBA title, would meet in July in a huge Battle of Britain showdown.

But McGuigan said Quigg's team would not agree on a 60-40 purse split in favour of Frampton and blamed Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn for the way the talks have collapsed.

"It's sad for the fans because we wanted it to happen," McGuigan told BBC Sport.

"Carl was willing to travel to England to put his title on the line, and when the champion does that he normally gets the majority of the purse.

"Carl is a valid champion. Scott Quigg is the WBA's 'regular' champion, not the real champion, which is (Cuba's) Guillermo Rigondeaux.

"Carl has drawn crowds of 16,000 in Belfast. I don't want to be rude to Scott Quigg, but he's never headlined a show.

"We wanted a minimum of 60-40, not the winner takes 60-40 (as Hearn is on record as offering) because that's unfair on the fighters."

Hearn appeared on Sky Sports earlier this month brandishing a £1.5million cheque, which he promised Frampton if he took the unification fight.

But former featherweight world champion McGuigan said: "It was going along fine and then Eddie Hearn said: 'We're going to make you an offer.'

"He did it because he's bullish, he's cocky and he thinks he has control of everything, but he hasn't.

"They weren't willing to play ball. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. We're well on the way to getting another opponent."

Frampton, 28, is unbeaten in 20 professional fights and stopped the American Chris Avalos to retain his IBF belt in March.

Unbeaten Quigg, 26, successfully defended his super-bantamweight title for a fifth time in November with a unanimous points win over Hidenori Otake.

Seems  pretty rerasonable if you ask me. Also it seems to highlight how much of a tool Eddie Hearn is.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  - Page 3 Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 3:52 pm

It's a genuine question Strongy that you seem to ignore as it doesn't fit your rhetoric,

If Quigg is so afraid of upsetting Big Ed, then why hasn't he signed an exclusive (or long term) contract with him?

I would put the pair of them at fault for this at the moment, but i'm sure we'll see it sooner rather than later (esp if Framps bombs on ITV)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  - Page 3 Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Coxy001 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 4:00 pm

Bloody hell Toppie, first I agree with Truss and now you agree with me. May have to retire in this glorious moment of agreements!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 6:02 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Groves did go down the mandated route which is why his purse was so low in comparison to Froch.

Maditories get 85%-15% split

How did he get £2mill and Froch £8mill??

He went down that route so Froch had to fight him or vacate, but Eddie still paid him more then the 15% because he desperately wanted this fight to happen.

Factually incorrect i'm afraid.

Groves appealed to the IBF for an immediate rematch which they granted but they rejected his appeal for a higher share of the purse as he was still the mandatory challenger, Hearn shifting slightly on the split doesn't mysteriously make Groves anything but a mandatory.

Also Strongy, Hearn can't stop Quigg fighting on ITV, this is where you come across as bitter considering you yourself have mentioned it in the past.

Please point out the bit in my post were I said Groves wasn't mandated?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 6:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:George Groves in the biggest British superfight I've ever seen in 26 years over here with 80,000 at Wembley stadium and hundreds of thousand buys on PPV...

Got £2 million.............

Some relative no-name is puking on £1.5 million........For a very winnable fight..

In a fight a quarter of the size...

Groves was the challenger and if he went down the mandated route he would have got less.

Froch got £8mill

Your point?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:George Groves in the biggest British superfight I've ever seen in 26 years over here with 80,000 at Wembley stadium and hundreds of thousand buys on PPV...

Got £2 million.............

Some relative no-name is puking on £1.5 million........For a very winnable fight..

In a fight a quarter of the size...

Groves was the challenger and if he went down the mandated route he would have got less.

Froch got £8mill

Your point?

If Hearn didn't want to play ball he would have offered him the bog standard 15%.

But Hearn wanted the fight as much as Groves and didn't want to lose out for the sake of 500k

But I can see your point with what I said.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's the only clout that matters unfortunately and it's about time some people realised that before carrying on as if it doesn't matter, the seller of any fight is the one with the financial backing not necessarily the bigger fanbase.

Don King had no money when he made a deal to provide a $5,000,000 purse for Ali v Foreman.

McGuigan has run a promotions so I'm sure he could hire a football stadium and put the fight together and air it on ITV.  

Yeh, because it's so easy to do...... Rolling Eyes

Warren is an extremely experienced promoter but his last show (can't remember it was either stadium or arena) was an absolute shambles, an unmitigated disaster.

But yes, Barry M could just put in a couple of calls and get it all sorted on a wink & a handshake and pull off a perfectly running event.........Rolling Eyes

You are aware McGuigan has been running sold out shows in Befast for a few years.  They spend the same pound sterling there as they do in England.

Maybe you also missed the promotion McGuigan put on for ITV.

McGuigan is well capable of putting a fight together on ITV.  Eddie will never let his fighters fight on ITV as Sky is his big money maker.

Some day some of you goons may use your use the ounce of wit knocking around between your ears.

Hearn created and promoted the biggest earning fight on British soils history. £22m to be precise. The fight was broadcast in 60 countries worldwide.

It's easy to sell out an arena when he's the only decent fighter around in that part of the woods. But a good promoter outside of someones fanboy circle Barry Mac isn't. the average punter had absolutely no idea he was fighting on ITV. Barely 2m viewers...!!!! Audley Harrison vs Williams had 6m watching them!! thumbsup

Yeah, Barry Mac is really the promoter extraordinaire!!

Exactly.

It's akin to saying just because I can organise a few mates coming round to watch the footy with some beers n snacks I'm therefore capable of matching Guy Pelly with a multi-million pound sell-out of Mahiki with the great & the good (of C-list...) turning up.

McGuigan has promoted a fight with 16,000 attending.  He has also promoted multiple fights at the Odessey Arena.  Hearn has had few cards bigger than this, Wembly fell into his lap.

I have no doubt Barry is a more intelligent charismatic character than Hearn.  Hearn is a full on scumbag promoter whereas McGuigan has the fighter in his thoughts and plans.

Remember McGuigan set up the organisation to help ex fighters who have fallen on hard times.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm

Derbymanc wrote:It's a genuine question Strongy that you seem to ignore as it doesn't fit your rhetoric,

If Quigg is so afraid of upsetting Big Ed, then why hasn't he signed an exclusive (or long term) contract with him?

I would put the pair of them at fault for this at the moment, but i'm sure we'll see it sooner rather than later (esp if Framps bombs on ITV)

Quigg has no following. Hearn is his best chance of a payday.  Frampton represents Quigg's best chance of that big payday.  The purse for the fight will be paid by Sky. If Quigg wants the money he has to stay under Eddie's wing.

McGuigan and Hearn don't get on which is why Frampton left Matchroom.  Neither of them will give an inch.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm

All hail the promoting god that is Barry Mcguigan, someone with such promotional acumen that he managed to draw a huge viewership of 2 million for Framptons last fight. He would given the opportunity be able to promote a fight watched by 80,000 in attendance, another 1 million on PPV with the boxers making a combined £10mil.

Eddie Hearn however is such a scumbag of a promoter that he is able to fake genuine joy when his fighters win. I have no doubt in my mind that Brook, Froch, Campbell, Warrington, Joshua, Mitchell, Smith and Quigg etc. can't wait to get away from him and work with someone who isn't self serving and has their best interest in the forefront of their mind.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:46 pm

Maybe they'll get lukcy and Strongy will put his promoting hat on (well he's done everything else)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:48 pm

The joy on Eddie's face is not for the fighters it's for the money he has just made.

Eddie getting the Wembley windfall was a massive slice of luck.  The fight sold itself.  You seem to have a short memory.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:50 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Maybe they'll get lukcy and Strongy will put his promoting hat on (well he's done everything else)

You need new material.  I'm sure Eddie will be handing you a few more tips soon.  For 20p a post Eddie wants value for money.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:52 pm

You are so right Strongy, Hearn is scum whereas Mcguigan cares deeply for Carl Frampton.

There was no need for any promotional work at all, all the tv appearances were a waste of time, any advertising was a waste of money, he should have done better.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:00 pm

You provide enough material for me Strongy,  just wait for the next post of someone doing something impressive and before long you'll pop up with a similar story. 

I admire the schtick of keeping it up but you ain't fooling nobody Wink

As for Quigg he doesn't need Eddie for the biggest fight, if Bazza could get some decent money together then he'd tempt him, alas he cannot so we'll have to wait for it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:24 pm

Derbymanc wrote:You provide enough material for me Strongy,  just wait for the next post of someone doing something impressive and before long you'll pop up with a similar story. 

I admire the schtick of keeping it up but you ain't fooling nobody Wink

As for Quigg he doesn't need Eddie for the biggest fight, if Bazza could get some decent money together then he'd tempt him, alas he cannot so we'll have to wait for it.

Hearn has a monopoly on Sky.  Without that he's nowhere.  I've said that all along.

I've been around here since '07 , you are basically a loud mouthed noob.  You don't get what's going on.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:30 pm

Have to love how everyone that disagrees with you Strongy knows basically nothing, in your opinion anyway. 99% of the time though you just a complete kumquat.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm

60:40 to frampton if the fight was in Belfast on box nation would seem like a rip off to frampton. Quigg brings nothing other than an opponent to the fight.
Now, In the UK, on sky box office, where greasy Eddie uses his sky contract to do all the promotional work, guaranteeing box office success, 60:40 of that promotion seems unfair. What does Barry bring? Cyclone promotions haven't got a contract with sky to my knowledge. Frampton will fill the venue with travelling support, but I'm sorry to say the only reason this fight would be a huge money spinner, is fast eddies access to sky box office.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:47 pm

Hahahahaha, is that the best you've got 'Your a noob' bwahahahahahahaha, 

I might not have been on here for as long as some of you old gits Smile but I've never had to lie to try and gain respect.

Yup Hearn has the monopoly on sky as before him it was dire with Warren, Is Barry anywhere without Frampton, or Warren without Boxnation, coming from a supposed businessman/gymrat/friend to the stars, that's one of the stupidest things i've read.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:53 pm

Seems like Barry M should give a little ground and say 50/50 of promotion and see if Eddy agrees on that.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm

I'd like to know how much Bazza loses if it's a sole Matchroom promotion as I'm pretty sure that's part of his reasons for knocking back the 1.5 mil offer (Can't fault him as a businessman for it either)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 27 Apr 2015, 9:40 pm

I believe McGuigan would alway's have Framptons interests at heart, its McGuigans son who trains Frampton, and Frampton stay's and is fed at McGuigan's house when in training, so the family obviously must have a close bond with the fighter.

Frampton is the draw here not Quigg, McGuigan will be able to get Frampton the big fights without Hearn, judging by Quigg's next opponent Hearn not so much.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

Exactly Nico. 60-40 is being generous to Quigg (considering he's a regular title holder and can't draw flies) but there's a load of boxing promoter fanboys on here which is weird.

Seems to be passed off as fact but it's only an opinion of the people on here that the fight doesn't sell well. When Cleverly Bellew is doing 200k then it's not much of a jump to say this does well. But that's an opinion too.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:28 pm

Not really Ranjit, there's just a lot of people that don't understand turning down 1.5mil, which is hefty hefty money for the smaller weights.

Seems weird how people say Barry's doing all right by his fighter, but nope Quigg and Eddie should bend over backwards for everything and how dare they not???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:42 pm

Matchroom are probably holding out on the fight because they dont really think Quigg will win, and if he loses they arent left with a whole lot to work with for Quigg.

The chequebook stunt was not the move of a serious negotiation. Its something done just to claim some cheap publicity when they figured they werent going to get what they wanted. This is the kind of thing that Matchroom invest heavily in. Trying to manipulate the general public through heavily pushed social media campaigns. I wish they put half as much effort into putting on good cards as they do in this twitter, online, facebook media efforts. The supposed off the cuff interviews Hearn gives, the backstage interviews with Kugan Cassius and so on are all intended to make the fans feel they are connected to what is really going on have their finger on the pulse. In reality its heavily manufutured pr propaganda designed to push whatever particular agenda Matchroom have.

Their arent really any winners in the fight not happening but Quigg is probably going to be the biggest financial loser.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:48 pm

Hearn is a businessman and a successful one at that. If he's offering 1.5 million then it's logical to think the fight would make a lot more than that. Put the sky hype machine on it, throw in some manufactured bad blood and the fight would sell well. Frampton may be short changed then when he holds a proper world title (in comparison to Quigg) and is the draw.

Only pure love for Hearn and hatred for Mcguigan could blind people from seeing that.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:58 pm

It's been mentioned many times on here ranjit that the possibility of that happening ain't that great. Super Bantams don't generally make that kind of money when they're known worldwide, nevermind an after thought.

Unless you've got blinkers on for one or the other then you'd see theirs faults on both sides of the fence, unfortunately (as with May/Pac) people hang there hat and won't hear anything said against 'their' promoter.

The offer from Bazza sounds fair but as with the 1.5mil from Ed, we're not getting the whole story, was it a joint promotion? was it a demand to be on ITV and therefore earn a lot less for the fighters?

Pair of them need a slap round the head and to sit round a table again.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:15 pm

I agree. We don't know the full story.
I wouldn't put too much weight behind what people on here think with regards how well the fight will do.

Hearn obviously thinks it'll do well and he'd be the one promoting it if he had his way. History of the weights doesn't matter, Hearn would ensure it did well.

I will add that Hearn should promote the fight and it should be on Sky but they have to be fair to Frampton. He holds one of the real titles however people want to spin it.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:17 pm

hampo171 wrote:Have to love how everyone that disagrees with you Strongy knows basically nothing, in your opinion anyway. 99% of the time though you just a complete kumquat.

You don't need to stick up for Derby, 99% of posts to me are insults.

My posts differ from some so I'm a kumquat?  I'd like to see you saying that to my face.  Stick to being the 606v2 mediocre clubman of the year.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:22 pm

I bet you're a right hard man Strongy, personally I doubt I'd give a toss telling you you're a t**t to your face, no doubt however you're a lean mean killing machine.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:30 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I bet you're a right hard man Strongy, personally I doubt I'd give a toss telling you you're a t**t to your face, no doubt however you're a lean mean killing machine.

If you saw me coming you'd sh1t yourself kid.  I wouldn't hit you I'm sure there some law against cruelty to the mentally ill.

BTW get the f**k out of my argument you deranged pr1ck.

It's you're obsessive compulsive disorder......you can't help yourself.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:34 pm

You are too intellectually and physically advanced for me, I'd be a cowering wreck before the presence of such almighty god like power.

All hail Strongy, a pr1ck amongst pr1cks.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:45 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You are too intellectually and physically advanced for me, I'd be a cowering wreck before the presence of such almighty god like power.

Have you got the self mutilation under control yet?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:46 pm

Strongback wrote:
to the mentally ill.

you deranged pr1ck.

People in glass house... or in your case a glass mansion at the end of a rainbow.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:49 pm

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:You are too intellectually and physically advanced for me, I'd be a cowering wreck before the presence of such almighty god like power.

I followed in the footsteps of Richie Edwards and carved 4 real in to my arm, you are such an inspiration to me Strongy, god have mercy on my soul for I have taken gods name in vain.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 27 Apr 2015, 11:57 pm

trottb wrote:
Strongback wrote:
to the mentally ill.

you deranged pr1ck.

People in glass house... or in your case a glass mansion at the end of a rainbow.

Go f**K yourself you d!ckhead. I know you've been around a long time but I can't remember a single thing you've ever said. I've certainly never bothered to comment on your posts but yet you've been carrying on like a pass remarkable b!tch. Are you 606v2's only gender neutral poster.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:02 am

Strongback wrote:

I followed in the footsteps of Richie Edwards and carved 4 real in to my arm, you are such an inspiration to me Strongy, god have mercy on my soul for I have taken gods name in vain.

You'd puke in Jesus' face given half a chance you freak show.

Just posting up you favourite song. Make you feel those special feelings.............you're a creep.

Mutilation by Hammersmiths favourite band Death. Wrote articles on these guys in the national press did Hammer.

Massacred, hacked to death, my revenge
Slicing deep, into your flesh, the pain intense
Dreams of hate, misery, fill my mind
Puke in your face in disgust, it's time to die

You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain

Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation

Staring your severed head in the face
I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace
Hanging your mangled corpse for display
My revenge was fulfilled upon this day

You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain

Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation

You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain

Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:09 am

Strongback wrote:
trottb wrote:
Strongback wrote:
to the mentally ill.

you deranged pr1ck.

Go f**K yourself you d!ckhead.  I know you've been around a long time but I can't remember a single thing you've ever said.  I've certainly never bothered to comment on your posts but yet you've been carrying on like a pass remarkable b!tch.  Are you 606v2's only gender neutral poster.

Is that the wit that "all people from Dublin are pre-programmed" with? It's not really that good is it.

I'm surprised that the irony, in saying that you have never commented on one of my posts, whilst commenting on one of my posts, is lost on a person who is so intellectually superior, as yourself.

Why are you up so late? Last minute dealings on the NYSE to boost the bank balance by a few billion? Or are you on a high stakes poker site where anyone with less than €10,000,000,000 (remember that odd looking symbol before the numbers is a Euro, which is a currency - your currency) is sneered at?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:15 am

I'd listen to probably listen to 'Creep' by Radiohead for those feelings to be honest Strongy. All fans of death metal must be freaks because the great and almighty god of everything Strongback an anonymous Irish pr1ck says so, he knows everyone who is anybody in Ireland didn't you know. Oh sorry I didn't know because nobody but the Irish gives a crap about Ireland.

P.s. I am Irish.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 10:32 am

Thread is back open now, lads. You know why it was locked so you also know what to do to make sure it stays open from now on. Ta.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 28 Apr 2015, 10:34 am

Would also like to add that if personal insults get thrown around, the person who does so will get a temp ban. If you respond to the insult with an insult back, you will also get a temp ban.

Have a nice day.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 10:40 am

So in conclusion...

The people with an idea of how the business works, what goes into a promotion and have a historical understanding of what little fighters are worth........See the bigger picture and see Hearn's offer as resonable...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 28 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So in conclusion...

The people with an idea of how the business works, what goes into a promotion and have a historical understanding of what little fighters are worth........See the bigger picture and see Hearn's offer as resonable...

I will not. That is YOUR opinion. 60/40 to the champ is reasonable.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So in conclusion...

I will not. That is YOUR opinion. 60/40 to the champ is reasonable.

If Frampton is so confident, then surely he is guaranteeing himself the 60%, so just take the fight if you are so much better.

Don't see how you can possibly blame Hearn here, if you lose, its far worse than just 20% purse anyway.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:48 pm

They're both as bad as each other. Have to believe there is more to the Hearn offer than meets the eye, otherwise I'm sure it would have been taken.

As for the comments about Frampton leaving Cyclone, he has a controlling interest in the company so it's unlikely he'll be leaving anytime soon.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:55 pm

Mcguigan hasn't implied Hearn asked for "options" on Frampo's post Quigg future..

The old Don King trick..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:04 pm

No but going off previous I'd be shocked if there weren't some strings, McGuigan has said that Hearn wouldn't budge on the co-promotion when they were actually sat down and negotiating.

I'd imagine Frampton would want to ensure that Cyclone gets a fair shake on the promotion as well so he can make some more cash.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

Maybe Hearn wouldn't budge on co-promotion because he knows, whether Barry M & Strongy like it or not, that he brings a shed load more cash to the table if he's promoting.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

I get you and it isn't black and white..........But does anyone really believe Mcguigan is easy to deal with......

He's all ego.....Same as Eddie !!

I imagine they were both as bad as eachother.............But anybody that thinks 1.5 million for a 122 pounder isn't great is deluding themselves..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Maybe Hearn wouldn't budge on co-promotion because he knows, whether Barry M & Strongy like it or not, that he brings a shed load more cash to the table if he's promoting.

Or maybe he knows that Cyclone wouldn't go for it and it's an easy way to make it look like they're turning down the fight. Plenty of mind games will be going on.

As I said, both to blame in this instance. Sadly neither will put the ego aside to get the fight made.

In a perfect world, Cyclone would let it go on Sky, but the fight would happen in Belfast because let's be honest it's a much bigger event there than in the Phones 4 U Arena and it would be a 50/50 split.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Maybe Hearn wouldn't budge on co-promotion because he knows, whether Barry M & Strongy like it or not, that he brings a shed load more cash to the table if he's promoting.

That is the reality of it, Cyclone want a share of the promotion despite the fact they won't be doing anything, all the promotion and marketing will be done by Matchroom and therefore Sky.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:13 pm

Or maybe the fact Cyclone thought Stevie Cruz was a big risk in the Nevada desert and didn't Eastwood end up on the end of a lawsuit after that fight ??...

Maybe Mcguigan ain't that keen without milking Frampo first !!!.....

After all he sells out Belfast against the local butcher...

Anyone thinks Quigg is an easy fight for anybody they are deluded........He's a big super bantam and he's got power and bags of heart....

I'd pick Frampo but it isn't a given..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next