The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

+20
RanjitPatel
Nico the gman
Herman Jaeger
jimdig
Guest82
TopHat24/7
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
hampo17
Coxy001
Rowley
aja424
88Chris05
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
Derbymanc
horizontalhero
mobilemaster8
Soldier_Of_Fortune
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  - Page 4 Empty McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 27 Apr 2015, 7:50 am

First topic message reminder :

Barry McGuigan wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32456855

World champion Carl Frampton will not be fighting Scott Quigg this summer, according to the former's manager and promoter Barry McGuigan.

It was hoped Belfast fighter Frampton, the IBF super-bantamweight champion, and Bury boxer Quigg, who holds a portion of the WBA title, would meet in July in a huge Battle of Britain showdown.

But McGuigan said Quigg's team would not agree on a 60-40 purse split in favour of Frampton and blamed Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn for the way the talks have collapsed.

"It's sad for the fans because we wanted it to happen," McGuigan told BBC Sport.

"Carl was willing to travel to England to put his title on the line, and when the champion does that he normally gets the majority of the purse.

"Carl is a valid champion. Scott Quigg is the WBA's 'regular' champion, not the real champion, which is (Cuba's) Guillermo Rigondeaux.

"Carl has drawn crowds of 16,000 in Belfast. I don't want to be rude to Scott Quigg, but he's never headlined a show.

"We wanted a minimum of 60-40, not the winner takes 60-40 (as Hearn is on record as offering) because that's unfair on the fighters."

Hearn appeared on Sky Sports earlier this month brandishing a £1.5million cheque, which he promised Frampton if he took the unification fight.

But former featherweight world champion McGuigan said: "It was going along fine and then Eddie Hearn said: 'We're going to make you an offer.'

"He did it because he's bullish, he's cocky and he thinks he has control of everything, but he hasn't.

"They weren't willing to play ball. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. We're well on the way to getting another opponent."

Frampton, 28, is unbeaten in 20 professional fights and stopped the American Chris Avalos to retain his IBF belt in March.

Unbeaten Quigg, 26, successfully defended his super-bantamweight title for a fifth time in November with a unanimous points win over Hidenori Otake.

Seems  pretty rerasonable if you ask me. Also it seems to highlight how much of a tool Eddie Hearn is.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  - Page 4 Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:28 pm

1.5 million is great money BUT if the fight does well that's all Frampton gets. He could be doing himself out of an extra 500k or more.

If Hearn is offering that then he thinks it'll do a lot better. Use a bit of sense fellas.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split  - Page 4 Empty Re: McGuigan: Hearn Wouldn't Accept 60-40 Split

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:39 pm

Using a bit of sense I don't think it does do better, £1.5mil is a bigger purse than Donaire has ever received and he was a big name in America.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

If it doesn't then fair enough but there's a chance it does so wouldn't make sense for Frampton to cover himself for that eventuality.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

Not to*

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:1.5 million is great money BUT if the fight does well that's all Frampton gets. He could be doing himself out of an extra 500k or more.

If Hearn is offering that then he thinks it'll do a lot better. Use a bit of sense fellas.

"Bit of sense".........WTF !!

Hearn wants to make a profit................He's speculating on what he can afford to give away on purses to do that........But it's no given he will...Because he doesn't know the demand for this fight !!

"He might be doing himself out of an extra 500k".................Frampo might be doing himself out of 5 million or he might be onto a winner with 1.5 ..

You don't know....We don't know..............What we do know is 1.5 million is a king's ransom for a 122 pounder...

You use a bit of sense................"Might" !!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 28 Apr 2015, 1:54 pm

But then there's also the 60/40 split to the winner Ranjit, If Framps was that confident then he should have taken it.

Anyhoo, better people than me have pointed out that we're not just looking at the fees for the fighters, but promotional fees etc. At the end of the day, both are at fault and need to get their butts back around the negotiating table.

Unless of course they've decided to follow the Manny/Floyd blueprint and leave us waiting for a few more years before charging an absolute fortune for the pleasure of finally being given the fight we want Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 28 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

I would love to see the judges scorecards when it's 60/40 to the winner. Frampton would have to knock him out.

I've said 1.5 million is great money. I'm saying that none of us know if the fight sells well so why should Frampton short change himself if it does.

Can't see the problem.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 28 Apr 2015, 2:16 pm

Because looking at the division and what the big boys have been getting then it looks like he'll get nowhere near that for the fight regardless of who's promoting it. 

Talking about the judges is a crap excuse as well, pretty certain If they can every get back around a table that they can come to an agreement on the judges.

At the end of the day, think we can say there's problems in both camps and they need to sit down again and keep it quiet until it's signed

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 2:31 pm

Strongies gone quiet, been banned me think. #thankgod

Anyway

This isn't like Quigg is some sort of massive danger. I mean christ alive - why not just readily accept a career high payday (can't anyone think of any SBW fight that has as much in it for the fighters as this one is that's being tabled?), beat him then move back to ITV?!

The problem is that Barry Mac is rather idiotically thinking that every single Frampton fight is going to be at 10.30pm on ITV - what if the big boys in HBO put up big bugs for LSC/Rigo to fight in Vegas? Would ITV pay more than a few pennies for a 4am fight when Barry could barely get 2m people to watch it at 10pm?

The guy is just a class A idiot who doesn't have his fighters interests at heart. It's all about him him him and him only. Pathetic.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 28 Apr 2015, 2:49 pm

Is it really that unreasonable for Frampton to ask for a percentage of ppv's if the fight does better than all you expect?

I'm not saying that it does but it seems sensible that he'd cover himself in case it does.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 3:00 pm

It is unreasonable if he won't let Matchroom promote!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 28 Apr 2015, 3:01 pm

Not really no, but in the context of the weights and history, it's still a massive offer and bigger than what anyone else has earned. 

That's my issue with it, It would be interesting to know how much he'd miss out on if it's primarily a Matchroom promotion though as it might be that he really wants to build up the Cyclone name.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

You tend to see nearly all promotions these days have both, even more in some cases, promotional companies on all the press stuff. Everyone then does their part to promote the fight.

You could say it's unreasonable to walk away from the negotiating table over this and then waive a cheque in front of the camera

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 28 Apr 2015, 4:37 pm

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:You are too intellectually and physically advanced for me, I'd be a cowering wreck before the presence of such almighty god like power.

All hail Strongy, a pr1ck amongst pr1cks.

Have you got the self mutilation under control yet?

I followed in the footsteps of Richie Edwards and carved 4 real in to my arm, you are such an inspiration to me Strongy, god have mercy on my soul for I have taken gods name in vain.

Massacred, hacked to death, my revenge
Slicing deep, into your flesh, the pain intense
Dreams of hate, misery, fill my mind
Puke in your face in disgust, it's time to die

You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain

Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation

Staring your severed head in the face
I celebrate a faggot's death, human disgrace
Hanging your mangled corpse for display
My revenge was fulfilled upon this day

You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain

Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation

You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain
You must die in pain

Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation
Mutilation

Will Young got a new single out ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

Either that or S Club Seven have decided on a brave new direction for their comeback tour.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:23 pm

Martinez got £750,000 to fight in Belfast. LSC gets similar purses, donaire got $1.3m, for rigo. So the little men are being well paid. Regardless, hearns cheque stunt smacks of warrens similar tact with calzaghe / Hopkins about 10 years ago. Fairy tale publicity stunts. "He showed a cheque on TV!!", really?? So that's what they call open negotiations these days. 
Either way I think there are two people getting in the way of this fight happening, and it's not the fighters.

Last edited by jimdig on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stupid phone, sent it early.)

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:13 am

But, but, but Chavez only got $600,000 back in the 80's.......................

This midget should be grateful............

I weigh 16 stone..........

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:58 am

jimdig wrote:Martinez got £750,000 to fight in Belfast. LSC gets similar purses, donaire got $1.3m, for rigo. So the little men are being well paid. Regardless, hearns cheque stunt smacks of warrens similar tact with calzaghe / Hopkins about 10 years ago. Fairy tale publicity stunts. "He showed a cheque on TV!!", really?? So that's what they call open negotiations these days. 
Either way I think there are two people getting in the way of this fight happening, and it's not the fighters.

So knowing this do you not think £1.5 million is a good purse for what is a domestic rivalry???

I completely agree with it being the promoters fault though.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:15 am

Derbymanc wrote:
jimdig wrote:Martinez got £750,000 to fight in Belfast. LSC gets similar purses, donaire got $1.3m, for rigo. So the little men are being well paid. Regardless, hearns cheque stunt smacks of warrens similar tact with calzaghe / Hopkins about 10 years ago. Fairy tale publicity stunts. "He showed a cheque on TV!!", really?? So that's what they call open negotiations these days. 

So knowing this do you not think £1.5 million is a good purse for what is a domestic rivalry???

I completely agree with it being the promoters fault though.

If Martinez got £750,000 for defending his title...................I assume Frampo picked up less ...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4