The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+31
True Raven
Breadvan
PhilBB
RiscaGame
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Fanster
doctornickolas
madmaccas
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
XR
Pyleboy65
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
dragon4life
offload
munkian
The Saint
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Shifty
Cardiff Dave
Coleman
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
HammerofThunor
GavinDragon
35 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 3 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by GavinDragon Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 3 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:52 am

Risca Rev wrote:Also, Wales as a cricketing nation? Wow

Trolling me again risc ? Ah, never mind eh, but perhaps you failed to realise that Glamorgan cricket club is one of the biggest supported sports teams in Britian with over 100,000 members. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 3 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:54 am

Risca Rev wrote:Also, I love the irony in you criticising Chunky for allegedly panning the Valleys and yet you have your handle as Lord Dowlais on here and have explained why you have it. Hypocrite warning.

I get called that by the Cardiff lot down at the cap, because they tease me about the valleys, it is all a bit of fun, they know what the people from the valleys are really like, but there are a few down there how really do think that civilisation ends after Radyr, and i tell them exactly the same as I told Chunky on here. OK

Last edited by LordDowlais on Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:B*llocks.

No it is not, the valleys provide the bulk of the players to Welsh rugby, without the people and the teams in the valleys Welsh rugby would be a non starter, we would be a purely football and cricket nation.

So now you've gone from saying that each region has 'a few' players from the valleys to saying that the majority of players are from the valleys.

I was talking about over the history of rugby in our country, not just at this moment.

Where's your evidence for this?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:01 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Where's your evidence for this?

Oh, here we go, what you have not been watching rugby all your life then have you ?

From the Pontypool front row in the seventies to Neil Jenkings and countless others, as I have posted earlier on this thread, Cardiff Blues have three quarters of their first team squad from the valleys, and the other regions are littered with players from the valleys, so please if you want evidence just go and look for it yourself, it is all there in the WWW. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:02 am

Who's Neil Jenkings?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:03 am

Risca Rev wrote:Who's Neil Jenkings?

Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:04 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Trolling me again risc ? Ah, never mind eh, but perhaps you failed to realise that Glamorgan cricket club is one of the biggest supported sports teams in Britian with over 100,000 members. OK

So one top team? Wow. We are that big a cricketing nation, we don't even play under our own name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:05 am

I'm not saying that no players have come from the valleys, I just don't believe that the majority have come from the valleys - and you don't have any evidence to support the claim, which makes me even less likely to believe it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:07 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Who's Neil Jenkings?

Troll, Troll, Troll, Troll. Rolling Eyes

Learned a new word have you?

I'm not a troll just because I counter your rather simplistic views. If you constantly post such guff in the public domain, you'll tend to find people will have to disagree with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:08 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm not saying that no players have come from the valleys, I just don't believe that the majority have come from the valleys - and you don't have any evidence to support the claim, which makes me even less likely to believe it.

Dowlais and supposition? I won't hear of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:16 am

100,000 members who support them?

They need to build a bigger stadium!

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:27 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Where's your evidence for this?

Oh, here we go, what you have not been watching rugby all your life then have you ?

From the Pontypool front row in the seventies to Neil Jenkings and countless others, as I have posted earlier on this thread, Cardiff Blues have three quarters of their first team squad from the valleys, and the other regions are littered with players from the valleys, so please if you want evidence just go and look for it yourself, it is all there in the WWW. OK

When you make these dubious claims, as you so often do, you should at least be willing to back them up. If not then just stop making these claims in the first place.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:28 am

LordDowlais wrote:

That's more than their number of followers on Twitter innitt...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:32 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I'm not saying that no players have come from the valleys, I just don't believe that the majority have come from the valleys - and you don't have any evidence to support the claim, which makes me even less likely to believe it.

I'll tell you what LP, have it your way, but if you want to take the time and prove me wrong, just go through the regional squads and academies and tell me how many players are NOT from the valleys, Scarlets aside, although I think you may find a few in the first team squad, I think you might be surprised at just how many players from the valleys pad up the regions.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:33 am

It's not for me to prove you wrong, you're the one who's made an unsubstantiated claim.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:34 am

Risca Rev wrote:I'm not a troll just because I counter your rather simplistic views. If you constantly post such guff in the public domain, you'll tend to find people will have to disagree with it.

It's a little different when you follow me around this place and constantly do it to support your agenda.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:35 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's not for me to prove you wrong, you're the one who's made an unsubstantiated claim.

Well put it this way, I am not wading through all the squads on the web and listing them here for you, I cannot be @rsed, if you do not want to believe me then fine it's a free country. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:38 am

Listen Dowlais. After your unnecessary attack on me earlier, you should maybe stop with these false accusations. I'm a Welsh rugby supporter, as are you. You'll probably tend to find we will pop up on the same threads. Shock horror, I know.

What agenda?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:39 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:It's not for me to prove you wrong, you're the one who's made an unsubstantiated claim.

All the best with that. Watch you don't "follow him around this place" too mind

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:52 am

Risca Rev wrote:Listen Dowlais. After your unnecessary attack on me earlier, you should maybe stop with these false accusations. I'm a Welsh rugby supporter, as are you. You'll probably tend to find we will pop up on the same threads. Shock horror, I know.

What agenda?

look Rev, I am not going down this road with you, but there is a theme here, that when you see an angle, you jump in for the kill, and as for an unnecessary attack, I was replying to this:-

Risca Rev wrote:You seem to be suffering a bit of Pontyitis. It's a terrible ailment, where apparently the Valleys are purely represented by Pontypridd. Why mention it otherwise whilst you're trying (and failing) to justify Ponty's actions? 

Also, I love the irony in you criticising Chunky for allegedly panning the Valleys and yet you have your handle as Lord Dowlais on here and have explained why you have it. Hypocrite warning.

So it was not really unprovoked was it. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:53 am

The Valleys is no more of a hotbed for rugby players than the West or the South. I won't include the East because I don't think there have been as many come through the ranks there as the other three in recent years. Although things are looking up these days with the emergence of the new crop (Tyler Mogan, Dixon etc).

I also think that "The Valleys" is a misnomer. In rugby terms, it now seems to exclusively refer to the area around the valleys north of Cardiff. Like Merthyr, Pontypridd, Cilfynydd, Abercynon, Bargoed etc.

This is unfair, as there are valleys West and East of this that are also immersed in rugby culture. Places like Ystradgynlais and Ammanford are in valleys too, but they never get a look in. It's like Ponty have claimed this valleys term as their own.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Listen Dowlais. After your unnecessary attack on me earlier, you should maybe stop with these false accusations. I'm a Welsh rugby supporter, as are you. You'll probably tend to find we will pop up on the same threads. Shock horror, I know.

What agenda?

look Rev, I am not going down this road with you, but there is a theme here, that when you see an angle, you jump in for the kill, and as for an unnecessary attack, I was replying to this:-

Risca Rev wrote:You seem to be suffering a bit of Pontyitis. It's a terrible ailment, where apparently the Valleys are purely represented by Pontypridd. Why mention it otherwise whilst you're trying (and failing) to justify Ponty's actions? 

Also, I love the irony in you criticising Chunky for allegedly panning the Valleys and yet you have your handle as Lord Dowlais on here and have explained why you have it. Hypocrite warning.

So it was not really unprovoked was it. OK

I'm on about your post on another thread that got removed pal.

See Chunky's post above for somebody else who agrees with your misunderstanding of "the valleys".

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:58 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:I also think that "The Valleys" is a misnomer. In rugby terms, it now seems to exclusively refer to the area around the valleys north of Cardiff. Like Merthyr, Pontypridd, Cilfynydd, Abercynon, Bargoed etc.

Chunky, when I speak about the valleys, I include the Gwent Valleys as well as the Glamorgan Valleys and even Neath and Bridgend. OK

Chunky Norwich wrote:It's like Ponty ahve claimed this valleys term as their own.

They can think that all they want, they are nothing but a suburb in the valleys but we all know where the heart of the valleys is, and that is Merthyr. Wink

Mind you in saying that, it's a bit rich comming from some one who's town has claimed the whole of West Wales as their own. OK

Last edited by LordDowlais on Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:59 am

Risca Rev wrote:I'm on about your post on another thread that got removed pal.

What one was that ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Also, jump in for the kill? Wow. If I see somebody I disagree with, I'll tell them. If you read replies to a lot of your posts, you'll see you tend to get a lot of people disagreeing with you. Maybe you should reflect on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:01 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

What one was that ?

Good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What one was that ?

Good one.

Well go on tell me, I have only posted on three threads this morning, this one, the Pro12 final one, and the Jerry Collins one, and all my posts are still there.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky, when I speak about the valleys, I include the Gwent Valleys as well as the Glamorgan Valleys and even Neath and Bridgend. OK

thumbsup etc

They can think that all they want, they are nothing but a suburb in the valleys but we all know where the heart of the valleys is, and that is Merthyr. Wink

Mind you in saying that, it's a bit rich comming from some one who's town has claimed the whole of West Wales as their own. OK

Region LD. Region.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:10 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What one was that ?

Good one.

Well go on tell me, I have only posted on three threads this morning, this one, the Pro12 final one, and the Jerry Collins one, and all my posts are still there.

Except they aren't. Try looking on the pro 12 one. There's a reason there's a mod post on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:13 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:The Valleys is no more of a hotbed for rugby players than the West or the South. I won't include the East because I don't think there have been as many come through the ranks there as the other three in recent years. Although things are looking up these days with the emergence of the new crop (Tyler Mogan, Dixon etc).

I also think that "The Valleys" is a misnomer. In rugby terms, it now seems to exclusively refer to the area around the valleys north of Cardiff. Like Merthyr, Pontypridd, Cilfynydd, Abercynon, Bargoed etc.

This is unfair, as there are valleys West and East of this that are also immersed in rugby culture. Places like Ystradgynlais and Ammanford are in valleys too, but they never get a look in. It's like Ponty have claimed this valleys term as their own.

Each of those areas have small pockets which is a rugby hotbed I'll admit, I could probably name a few of them off the top of my head. But stating the valleys is solely the rugby hotbed and the heartbeat of Wales is just an ignorant perspective, one that you'd only find in..... the Valleys.

You've a point. I remember MTV's the Valleys, they had a bloody girl on there from Port Talbot! I had to tell everyone in England where the true valleys were...and sadly I pointed to north of Cardiff.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Except they aren't. Try looking on the pro 12 one. There's a reason there's a mod post on there.

Yes and the one I posted a link with is STILL there. Go and check if you like, I have not posted anything else except to support Chunky.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:I also think that "The Valleys" is a misnomer. In rugby terms, it now seems to exclusively refer to the area around the valleys north of Cardiff. Like Merthyr, Pontypridd, Cilfynydd, Abercynon, Bargoed etc.

And when you consider the shear number of Valleys in south wales, it's actually unsurprising that a lot of players come from there...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:16 pm

The Saint wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:The Valleys is no more of a hotbed for rugby players than the West or the South. I won't include the East because I don't think there have been as many come through the ranks there as the other three in recent years. Although things are looking up these days with the emergence of the new crop (Tyler Mogan, Dixon etc).

Each of those areas have small pockets which is a rugby hotbed I'll admit, I could probably name a few of them off the top of my head. But stating the valleys is solely the rugby hotbed and the heartbeat of Wales is just an ignorant perspective, one that you'd only find in..... the Valleys.

You've a point. I remember MTV's the Valleys, they had a bloody girl on there from Port Talbot! I had to tell everyone in England where the true valleys were...and sadly I pointed to north of Cardiff.

It's lazy. "They'll be singing in the valleys tonight" is so annoying. It's an acceptable stereotype. Like Wales is one big valley and nobody will be signing on the coast or in a city, just in the valleys. I think from now on, whenever Australia win, Ill start saying "They'll be signing in in the outback".

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:17 pm

The Saint wrote:And when you consider the shear number of Valleys in south wales, it's actually unsurprising that a lot of players come from there...

i am not going to argue with that, that is why I say that rugby in Wales would be a non starter without us valley oikes.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Except they aren't. Try looking on the pro 12 one. There's a reason there's a mod post on there.

Yes and the one I posted a link with is STILL there. Go and check if you like, I have not posted anything else except to support Chunky.

Yeah good one mate. Can't you remember what you posted? I do worry for you mate, if your memory is that bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:It's lazy. "They'll be singing in the valleys tonight" is so annoying. It's an acceptable stereotype. Like Wales is one big valley and nobody will be signing on the coast or in a city, just in the valleys. I think from now on, whenever Australia win, Ill start saying "They'll be signing in in the outback".

The same as WEST IS BEST, being spouted out by Llanelli, when you think about it there are bigger towns further West than Llanelli.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:19 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
The Saint wrote:

It's lazy. "They'll be singing in the valleys tonight" is so annoying. It's an acceptable stereotype. Like Wales is one big valley and nobody will be signing on the coast or in a city, just in the valleys. I think from now on, whenever Australia win, Ill start saying "They'll be signing in in the outback".

My in-laws are from Norwich, and I have to keep trying to explain to them (like for the last ten years) that Milford Haven in Pembs is not in the valleys, and still they don't understand.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Risca, I am trying my best, but you will not leave me alone, please do not be the first ever person who I put on my foe list, but seriously you are starting to do my head in now.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:22 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:It's lazy. "They'll be singing in the valleys tonight" is so annoying. It's an acceptable stereotype. Like Wales is one big valley and nobody will be signing on the coast or in a city, just in the valleys. I think from now on, whenever Australia win, Ill start saying "They'll be signing in in the outback".

The same as WEST IS BEST, being spouted out by Llanelli, when you think about it there are bigger towns further West than Llanelli.

As I said tht's a regional thing. They're not saying Llanelli is best, or Llanelli is west. They're saying Llanelli is part of West Wales, and West Wales is best.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:22 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Bigger? I can't think of any bigger than Llanelli in the west. But I remember a decade or so ago that Milford Haven was the second biggest town west of Swansea, and to be fair Milford is diddy compared to Llanelli, and probably not fair from the size of Aber or Carmarthen.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:24 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
My in-laws are from Norwich, and I have to keep trying to explain to them (like for the last ten years) that Milford Haven in Pembs is not in the valleys, and still they don't understand.  

It's not hard is it. Just pretend you think Norwich is in Suffolk, or Ipswich or something.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Ha. Chunky Ipswich.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:25 pm

Oh no. Please don't foe me. I don't know how I'll cope broken .

So you do remember your post now then, judging by your change of tack? Are you Owen Robins by the way? He tends to post a lot of hot air, then when he gets corrected he resorts to blocking people.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Bigger?  I can't think of any bigger than Llanelli in the west.  But I remember a decade or so ago that Milford Haven was the second biggest town west of Swansea, and to be fair Milford is diddy compared to Llanelli, and probably not fair from the size of Aber or Carmarthen.

I thought Camarthen was bigger than Llanelli, oh well, you learn something new every day.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

As I said tht's a regional thing. They're not saying Llanelli is best, or Llanelli is west. They're saying Llanelli is part of West Wales, and West Wales is best.

Some of the greatest Welsh players have mostly come from Llanelli and Swansea IMO, so west certainly isn't best considering there are places further afield. Bit ironic that the West is Best stand is always empty too.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Oh no. Please don't foe me. I don't know how I'll cope  broken .

So you do remember your post now then, judging by your change of tack? Are you Owen Robins by the way? He tends to post a lot of hot air, then when he gets corrected he resorts to blocking people.

What post, you are seriously going to have to tell me as I do not know what you are talking about.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:27 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Bigger?  I can't think of any bigger than Llanelli in the west.  But I remember a decade or so ago that Milford Haven was the second biggest town west of Swansea, and to be fair Milford is diddy compared to Llanelli, and probably not fair from the size of Aber or Carmarthen.

I thought Camarthen was bigger than Llanelli, oh well, you learn something new every day.

You're thinking of CamarthenSHIRE.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:30 pm

The Saint wrote:You're thinking of CamarthenSHIRE.

nah, I just didn't check, if I am being honest. I just looked at it, that Camarthen has a big Tesco Extra and Llanelli do not, I mean, come on, if your town does not have a big Tesco Extra, then what do you expect people to think. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:"They'll be singing in the valleys tonight" is so annoying. It's an acceptable stereotype. Like Wales is one big valley and nobody will be signing on the coast or in a city, just in the valleys. I think from now on, whenever Australia win, Ill start saying "They'll be signing in in the outback".

One of my sister's friends studied in England (I forget where exactly). When she introduced herself to someone at a freshers' party and told him she was from Wales, he asked her, "Are you from the valley?" Not even 'valleys', but 'valley'!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
The Saint wrote:You're thinking of CamarthenSHIRE.

nah, I just didn't check, if I am being honest. I just looked at it, that Camarthen has a big Tesco Extra and Llanelli do not, I mean, come on, if your town does not have a big Tesco Extra, then what do you expect people to think. Laugh

Some people don't even have a shop in their local valley, yet they're constantly bitching about Newport... That gets my goat sometimes. And don't even get me started on the clubless towns of Cwmbran and Risca (sorry Rev).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next