The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks

+15
AdamT
Lance
Mayweathers cellmate
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Hammersmith harrier
El_Feroz
catchweight
milkyboy
Herman Jaeger
Hands Of Stone
Strongback
Mr Prefect
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
AlexHuckerby
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks Empty Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 05 Jun 2015, 5:15 pm

Floyd said in an interview he won't be having too much of a difficult fight for his last fight I read somewhere. I don't think there's anyone else who sells well enough in US outside of Khan that is available? Won't be Thurman we know that, won't be Garcia as it looks as though he's going against Malignaggi. We don't think it can be Manny as he's just had shoulder surgery (Thank God). Brook won't be a big enough sell in US. Porters against Broner. So only realistic option is Khan do we not think or am I missing someone dead obvious?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks Empty Re: Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Jun 2015, 5:49 pm

Cotto

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks Empty Re: Mayweather Announcing Next Opponent In Two Weeks

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 05 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

I suppose, I would absolutely hate that. Seriously dislike Cotto now, first fight was conclusive enough.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Jun 2015, 6:10 pm

Easy fight, he knows how to beat him and guaranteed money. If he takes Khan I'd be a little surprised.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 05 Jun 2015, 6:21 pm

Let's hope Geale does us all a favour and spanks Cotto around the ring.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm

He deserves an easy fight after Manny....

Good luck to him.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:33 pm

Marquez - Far fetched but possible
Cotto - If he looks good against Geale
Khan - hope not.
Brook - Very possible

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Prefect Fri 05 Jun 2015, 7:47 pm

Has Floyd given up his welterweight belts?

Mr Prefect

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm

Cotto or Khan. I think Floyd has previously sussed out the money Khan's Asian following brings and he didn't jump at the fight.  Cotto for the MW title could be spun into a decent PPV.  At least Cotto will try to win.  I can also see another Manny rematch when he recovers.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He deserves an easy fight after Manny....

Good luck to him.....

As long as its not PPV or has a really strong card then i actually wouldnt mind an easy match for Floyd

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:14 pm

I was wrong about Khan. He is an easy fight for Floyd imo.

I would like to see Floyd v Cotto at middleweight. No catch weight.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:18 pm

AdamT wrote:I was wrong about Khan. He is an easy fight for Floyd imo.

I would like to see Floyd v Cotto at middleweight. No catch weight.

laughing

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm

Do you think Khan gives him hard time?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:22 pm

Shah are you a full on special?

How is Cotto an easy fight?

Did you watch their fight?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:39 pm

AdamT wrote:Do you think Khan gives him hard time?

I think beating women gives him a hard time but his sexual preferences are none of my business. Khan will probably lose and lose clearly, maybe even a knockout but he just brings interesting questions. As for the cotto fight, what happened is what always happens in a Mayweather fight. He plays it cautious and takes over. It was a comfortable win for Mayweather in the end and now that hes got him figured its an easy fight for him. It wouldn't be an easy fight for Khan or most other fighters but once Mayweather figures you out its childs play for him.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:48 pm

I want to ridicule you but that isn't a bad answer!Ha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm

Floyd can do what he likes since his schooling of Manny. Superb boxer Floyd, the best defensive boxer I've seen since Whittaker. Not top ten for me though and I'll detail the reasons why at a latter date.

Just don't give Danny Garcia a chance ever for running from Matthysse rematch nor Khan for running from top boys at light welter and his refusal to fight a top five welter, essentially trying to con his way into a Mayweather fight. Don't think I'm down on Khan, I'm not. I'll be right behind him if he beats that top five welt.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 05 Jun 2015, 9:03 pm

Garcia has had it. I thought he was going to the front of the queue after he beat Matthyse but I reckon he's won that fight at the cost of his health sort of reminds me of Mclellan vs Jackson or Ibeabuchi vs Tua, they won the fight but the punishment they took damaged them in unseen ways. Both of those to the brain but Garcia seems to have regressed going on recent showings. If thats right I don't really blame them for running from Matthyse. If once took something crucial from him and second time might end him entirely. I suppose Camacho Rosario is probably the better comparison but i've already typed that rubbish and can't be arsed to start again.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 06 Jun 2015, 3:02 am

I actually think its because partly people still took Garcia lightly but now he's the man. He was better being looked at the gut who's coming for you rather than the defending champ. Sounds strange but Khan said himself you get lured in slightly with Garcia as he's quite basic, but he brings out strong weapons and due to him being rather open defensively but having a good chon he lures you into thinking he's not quite that good. Now he has actually shown what he's made of fully and he's the guy everyone's coming to get and now people can gameplan around his strengths a little more rather than his clear weaknesses with us knowing more about him, and the fact he clearly struggles with guys who have quick feet as his are rather slow.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 06 Jun 2015, 3:05 am

Rather than looking like him being more shopworn rather more figured out, Not saying he isn't shopworn, he could be. Or it could be a bit of both.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 06 Jun 2015, 8:36 am

I see your point Alex but I'd suggest that rather than being figured out, there's always the possibility that Garcia was just never that good and his 'ratings' soared over 2 fights. Tough and just good enough as a boxer... The perfect combination to beat matthysse. Hits hard enough to ko a careless khan. Suddenly he's a world beater and previous unconvincing performances are overlooked. He's a good all rounder, nothing more nothing less in my view. Decent boxer with chin always gives him trouble.

If matthysse knock the stuffing out of him, which is possible, then it's masking that there wasn't much stuffing to begin with. In my most humble of opinions.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 06 Jun 2015, 12:52 pm

Paulie Malignaggi

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Feroz Sat 06 Jun 2015, 11:06 pm

The winner of Cotto/Geale.

El_Feroz

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:06 pm

Danny Garcia............Knocking on the P4p Top 10 deserves a top payday and he's an easy fight...

Don't worry about the muppets who won't like you no matter what you do....

"Alvarez weighed 154 instead of 153 he'd have knocked him out !!"

Knowledgeable posters will appreciate you...

The three or so we have on here...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:22 pm

Garcia isn't anywhere near the p4p top ten Truss, unless you have watched his two most recent fights where he looked awful and should have lost both.

Having had a straight forward victory over Pacquiao where he didn't need to break sweat he does not deserve an easy fight, he should be fighting the best available opponent so anyone of Khan, Brook or Lara.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by El_Feroz Sun 07 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm

Cotto for the middleweight bauble, sign off his career with another green belt in yet another division.

El_Feroz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 07 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm

Mayweather has started legal action to keep hold of his WBO belt and has backtracked on his original decision to vacate the WBC and WBA, that only makes sense if he wants Brooks IBF title to complete the set. Does also mean that Bradley against Vargas is no longer for the WBO title which it shouldn't have been in the first place.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 07 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

Garcia isn't anywhere near the p4p top ten Truss, unless you have watched his two most recent fights where he looked awful and should have lost both.

Primed for mayweather then

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 07 Jun 2015, 3:56 pm

Haha

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 07 Jun 2015, 4:22 pm

Highly unlikely Mayweather will be fighting Brook. Quite a big risk for little reward.

Gotta be either Khan or Cotto. Edge towards Khan.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:48 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Mayweather has started legal action to keep hold of his WBO belt and has backtracked on his original decision to vacate the WBC and WBA, that only makes sense if he wants Brooks IBF title to complete the set. Does also mean that Bradley against Vargas is no longer for the WBO title which it shouldn't have been in the first place.

Haymon probably wanted his other fighters to get the WW belts, then once he realised Arum would have the WBO he said "Nah, I'll just have them under my posession"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 08 Jun 2015, 7:34 am

Khan doesnt sell that great. Cotto would be far bigger.

Garcia is a better counter puncher. Matthyse and Khan made him look better than he was. Gotta laugh at the Matthysse fan club trying to take some moral victory from their mans loss

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:04 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Garcia isn't anywhere near the p4p top ten Truss, unless you have watched his two most recent fights where he looked awful and should have lost both.

Having had a straight forward victory over Pacquiao where he didn't need to break sweat he does not deserve an easy fight, he should be fighting the best available opponent so anyone of Khan, Brook or Lara.

Of course he's near the Top 10............

Khan, Matty and a three year reign is plenty...........Chuck in Holt, Judah and Morales if you want too..

Hagler looked crap against Mugabi................Didn't stop him staying number 1...............Being outclassed by Meldrick didn't stop Chavez either !!.

Leave it out..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

Anyway some good news for Mo Farah...........He looks a certainty to be voted Man of the year.........

After all your 400m chick got banned after missing three tests in a row (Always been absent minded apparently) and won a woman of the year in 2014 !!.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:13 am

FM says "the only person who can beat Floyd Mayweather is Floyd Mayweather" so may I suggest he stand in the ring and punch himself in the face for 36 minutes?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:14 am

DAVE667 wrote:FM says "the only person who can beat Floyd Mayweather is Floyd Mayweather" so may I suggest he stand in the ring and punch himself in the face for 36 minutes?

He would probably use the shoulder roll to avoid most of his own punches. perhaps he would dig his forearm into his face too.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:21 am

DAVE667 wrote:FM says "the only person who can beat Floyd Mayweather is Floyd Mayweather" so may I suggest he stand in the ring and punch himself in the face for 36 minutes?

If Floyd fought himself...............Half the posters on here would say he was cherrypicking and that he fought a second rate zombie !! laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:28 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Garcia isn't anywhere near the p4p top ten Truss, unless you have watched his two most recent fights where he looked awful and should have lost both.

Of course he's near the Top 10............

Khan, Matty and a three year reign is plenty...........Chuck in Holt, Judah and Morales if you want too..

Hagler looked crap against Mugabi................Didn't stop him staying number 1...............Being outclassed by Meldrick didn't stop Chavez either !!.

Leave it out..

Mugabi-Hagler and Taylor-Chavez were one-off fights, Truss, whereas Garcia has had a few performances which have been a bit iffy, and two on the spin (if we ignore the Salka farce, which wasn't really a fight at all) where he's looked outright poor. Hagler and Chavez did at least beat Mugabi and Taylor respectively inside-schedule (granted, the controversy will rage on forever for the latter one) whereas Garcia has needed two very dubious verdicts to get past Herrera and Peterson.

Herrera is one of the more underrated fighters out there, but the shutout loss to Bradley along with getting flattened by Matthysse have kind of shown Peterson's level for me, and I don't think a top ten pound for pounder (or something close to it) should be needing a gift to beat him. Let's be honest, Peterson rode his luck somewhat to get a draw with Ortiz and a split decision over Khan.

Garcia might have been on the cusp of a top ten eighteen months back but I couldn't genuinely see him as one of the top ten or so best fighters in the world right now given how he's looked since then.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:30 am

Of Course Floyd is a cherry picker. He waited until Manny was too old. Floyd himself doesn't age. It was a good decision. Also Manny was only in the top 5 p4p and top 2 welter.

I await the abuse!Ha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:31 am

He still has an excellent record..............

Larry Holmes was top 5 until he got beat.............and he labored against Smith, Truth Williams and David Bey.......

Win is the most important thing.............Not how you look..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:32 am

Win is the most important thing.............Not how you look...

Ali didn't always look great especially after his exile, doesn't stop him being the greatest. He knew how to get the job done, even when he was struggling.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:39 am

You mean you didn't stick Curry in your top 3 after Mccallum because he looked great before the kayo ????? Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 10:44 am

His record is very good for a fighter so young Truss, agree there. Just feel he's lost a lot of momentum in the last year and a half which should take him out of the Mayweather race.

Even Pacquiao saw the focus shift away from himself and more over to the likes of Alvarez after the Bradley loss (a loss on paper coupled with an average performance, anyhow) and the shattering Marquez KO. There was an air of 'who cares?' about the fight until Pacquiao rebuilt himself somewhat by settling the score with Bradley and putting in a really good performance against Algieri.

Even when Garcia's formline made him worthy on paper there was a lot of apathy towards the fight based on the fact that, based on styles, he had nowt to trouble Floyd with. But couple that with his recent form being so average and I think it'd be a pretty underwhelming note for Floyd to sign off on.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:51 am

He's 38 I imagine he doesn't want anything overwhelming....

People often forget Mayweather is past it....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Jun 2015, 11:57 am

Mayweather is not as good as he was but probably still the best out there.

Guys appreciate him while he is still here, we might never see anybody as talented again in our lifetimes.

You might think it makes you cool to hate the guy and downplay his achievements but in reality it makes you look silly and know Smeg all about boxing. You don't have to like the man but at least rate this genuis where he belongs among the atg fighters. He is right up there imo.

Most technically talented boxer during my lifetime. Jones Jr at his peak was probably the most physically gifted but Mayweather for me is techniacally the best with Sweet Pea not too far behind.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:43 pm

That's ridiculous Dave. Clearly he means his dad. He's building up a senior v junior grudge match for his final fight. Hasn't forgiven him for training hatton... Even if it did look like an inside job.

Senior reckons junior don't know sheet about boxing.

Could be fireworks.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:44 pm

Floyd Sr was nothing but a cab driver and couldn't fight worth sh1t, according to his son during a spat.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 08 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm

If junior was mexican he'd be a roadsweeper according to senior. At least that's what we think he said, as no-one has successfully translated anything senior has said into English.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Anyway some good news for Mo Farah...........He looks a certainty to be voted Man of the year.........

After all your 400m chick got banned after missing three tests in a row (Always been absent minded apparently) and won a woman of the year in 2014 !!.........

How's Lance Armstrong's record looking, Trussy??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 08 Jun 2015, 1:37 pm

Very Happy Lance is natural

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next