The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6

+21
ShahenshahG
Azzy
Stella
The Boss
kingraf
Hero
superflyweight
Mad for Chelsea
Adam D
Galted
dancingweeman
Union Cane
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Roller_Coaster
1GrumpyGolfer
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
Rowley
The Womble
Mind the windows Tino.
25 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

WHAT IS THE BEST SPORT THEMED BOOK EVER?

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap11%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap3%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap8%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap6%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap17%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_lcap14%Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 36

Poll closed

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Empty Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 10 Jun 2015, 3:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Round 5 is over and what a controversial round it was.  The big winners were Stella with Definitely Maybe and Beadle with Grace who both pick up maximum points.  All is not what it seems though.  Tactical voting from at least 2 people (myself and Jeff) and possibly more meant that Grace was able to claim joint first place.  There is just never any reason for Definitely Maybe to be in a discussion about greatest debut albums.  Never.  It has crushed my soul to think that people believe that.  But hey, what do I know.  Apparently it’s “musically important”.  Who would have thought it.  I thought it was just important for sales of Parka coats.  I’m deeply fond of Stella but he deserves to be locked in a room with SerialDAVE for an hour as punishment.  Locked in a room after SerialDAVE has just been snubbed by the whole of SLAYER.  GrumpyG*lfer had a solid round with The Who, picking up 8 points.  A great round for Paul as his 6 points for the Sex Pistols means he has joined Hero at the top of the league.  A massive zero for Hero (see what I did there?) means a few posters have closed the gap on our reigning champion.  Sean would have had a storming round, but he is too dim to comprehend simple questions and as such, nominated Slim Shady which fell outside the criteria.  Shame.  Union Cane managed to pick up some votes for Force & Styles which will cheer him up after getting nothing in the last round his favourite film of all time, The Iron Lady.  Big news in the battle between Jeff and Mel Gibson superfly.  Jeff, somewhat surprisingly, got nothing for the Gilded Palace of Sin whereas ‘Fly got a solid 5 points for The Stone Roses (which he only picked to sh*t on Jeff) meaning he leaps above his arch rival in the table.  No holds barred in that particular scrap.  Poor old Galted.  No votes or points for him again but don’t worry, he has procured a new pair of cargo pants and laces for his Hi-Tecs so has a spring in his step regardless.  No points for SerialDAVE with his pick, which is probably bad news for Bradford’s prostitute population.

Here is the updated league table:

1) Hero 30 pts
2) Paul 30 pts
3) Trebs 27 pts
4) C&R 24 pts
5) The Boss 24 pts
6) GumpyG*lfer 22 pts
7) Ziggler 21 pts
8) Fat Head Adam 21 pts
9) Harrier 19 pts
10) Michaels 16 pts
11) weeman 16 pts
12) Beadle 16 pts
13) Azzy 14 pts
14) Shah abu-bakr 12 pts
15) Stella 12 pts
16) Nakatomi 11 pts
17) SerialDAVE 9 pts
18) superfly 9 pts
19) Jeff 8 pts
20) Jules 8 pts
21) Union Cane 7 pts
22) Dagless 7 pts
23) Ray Mears big fat zero pts

Round 6 is back to books so please see the poll for WHAT IS THE BEST SPORT THEMED BOOK EVER?

Disclaimer: Dolphin Ziggler would like the forum to know that everyone that chooses “Fever Pitch” (which was a lot of you to be fair) is a

Ziggler wrote:complete c*nt.

And –

Ziggles wrote:I want that opinion made clear in the thread’s introduction

Remember, IT’S OPEN FOR ALL OF 606v2 TO VOTE.

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6 - Page 4 Empty Re: Culture Cup 2.0 Round 6

Post by Galted Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:37 am

I'd go Kunis, Kunis, Kunis

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:Actually I may decide to kill Bieber over Al-Bagdadi. And Kanye West actually. And people who litter.

I assume you'll have some help as all 3 of the people you've mentioned by name would smash your face in with minimal fuss.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:44 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Actually I may decide to kill Bieber over Al-Bagdadi. And Kanye West actually. And people who litter.

I assume you'll have some help as all 3 of the people you've mentioned by name would smash your face in with minimal fuss.

I'd smash up Bieber no problems. West is probably a softcock. Al-Bagdadi could go either way. I'd be hoping he was injured and malnutritioned in some way.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

Never heard of her but Kulis is tenapenny.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 16 Jun 2015, 12:24 pm

Talking to yourself is still a michaelsing...

As I am basically fighting for the wooden spoon on this one I have stayed true to my likes...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm

I'm in with a shout of winning this, but it's who to pick that everyone else on here would love.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm

There isn't a day that goes by that my love for Union doesn't increase a smidge.

His picks are hilarious. L*l out loud, in fact.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:29 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:There isn't a day that goes by that my love for Union doesn't increase a smidge.

His picks are hilarious.  L*l out loud, in fact.

All Over the UK - Force and Styles?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

Reminder as we are on a new page.

The Final Double Point Extravaganza Round is next and what I want from you is THE BEST COMBINATION OF FILM, ALBUM and AUTHOR.  It can be any combination you like, there are no restrictions at all.  I just need one album, one film and one author (not a book/poem/play, the actual author of it).  People can then vote for the best combination of the 3.

I'm not going to bother with the random list as the chances of anyone having the exact same 3 picks is pretty remote.  If it does happen, then I'll just choose basis who I like the most.

Please get your PM's in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:42 pm

What populist nonsense do I pick to make sure I beat Jeff?

Fast and Furious 15, something by Adele, Dan Brown should just about do it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:What populist nonsense do I pick to make sure I beat Jeff?

Fast and Furious 15, something by Adele, Dan Brown should just about do it.  

I can't tell you why, but you have no idea how amusing that is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:04 pm

For the sake of f*ck. Andy McNab then.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:08 pm

I could, of course, tell you what Jeff has picked and you could choose exactly the same.

At least then you’d both know who I liked the most between you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:12 pm

Jeff will have gone for:

Godfather II
Some obscure jazz album or Telling Stories by the Charlatans
Philip Roth

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

All jazz albums are obscure, Super....oh, and sh!t as well!

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:17 pm

tellin' stories is one of my top 10 albums i reckon.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:tellin' stories is one of my top 10 albums i reckon.
It's also how you discuss your sex life.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm

Bog off Tosh.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:32 pm

Perhaps you should have chosen "Definitely...Maybe" as the soundtrack to your sex life

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:34 pm

I'd choose R*pe me

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 16 Jun 2015, 2:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:Jeff will have gone for:

Godfather II
Some obscure jazz album or Telling Stories by the Charlatans
Philip Roth

One out of three ain't bad to misquote meatloaf.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Perhaps you should have chosen "Definitely...Maybe" as the soundtrack to your sex life

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavored Water is another suggestion

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:09 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'd choose R*pe me
If you're choosing individual tracks for Sean then there's "Buttf*cked with a Shotgun Barrel" by Birds of Prey or, for when he's feeling in a more romantic, sensuous mood, "She was asking for it"* by Cannibal Corpse

* he could also have "Stripped, Raped and Strangled" or "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's C*nt"

After a reunion night out with the prefects he could have "Battery Acid Enema" by Autopsy or "Gargling with Infected Semen" by Amputated

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
If you're choosing individual tracks for Sean then there's "Buttf*cked with a Shotgun Barrel" by Birds of Prey or, for when he's feeling in a more romantic, sensuous mood, "She was asking for it"* by Cannibal Corpse

* he could also have "Stripped, Raped and Strangled" or "Entrails Ripped from a Virgin's C*nt"

After a reunion night out with the prefects he could have "Battery Acid Enema" by Autopsy or "Gargling with Infected Semen" by Amputated

was that the first dance at your wedding?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:20 pm

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

it was Livin' on a Prayer by BON JOVI

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

it was Livin' on a Prayer by BON JOVI
It was "Living with Infected Semen" which, again, sounds like one for Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 17 Jun 2015, 1:45 pm

DAVE wrote:Living with Infected Semen

As in rickets etc..?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Jun 2015, 8:24 am

Reminder for the stragglers

The Final Double Point Extravaganza Round is next and what I want from you is THE BEST COMBINATION OF FILM, ALBUM and AUTHOR.  It can be any combination you like, there are no restrictions at all.  I just need one album, one film and one author (not a book/poem/play, the actual author of it).  People can then vote for the best combination of the 3.

I'm not going to bother with the random list as the chances of anyone having the exact same 3 picks is pretty remote.  If it does happen, then I'll just choose basis who I like the most.

Fat Head Adam
Harrier
C&R
Shah Abu-bakr
Paul
Ziggler
Trebs
GrumpyG*lfer

I'm waiting on you lot.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Jun 2015, 8:44 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Reminder for the stragglers

Fat Head Adam
Harrier
C&R
Shah Abu-bakr
Paul
Ziggler
Trebs
GrumpyG*lfer

I'm waiting on you lot.

Having trouble reading, Shah?

I wanted the author not the book. But don't worry, I am aware of who wrote it so I amend it for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 18 Jun 2015, 8:49 am

I'll submit a pm today.

The question is, do i go for my favourite album of all time which i have a strong emotional connection to or do i pick one of the obvious. Especially as I'm in with a shout.

I have a hipster idea for best author. What is the average age of people voting in this because sam smith was criminally underrated in favour of some 80s dross.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 18 Jun 2015, 8:52 am

I have sent mine - waiting for the abuse.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 18 Jun 2015, 8:54 am

And just to justify my selection:

album - its my favourite "popular" album and I was listening to it this morning
Film - Awesome film that stands the test of time and is just as good now as it was then
Book - my childrens favourite author, who was also mine when I was their age.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:07 am

Trebs wrote:

The question is, do i go for my favourite album of all time which i have a strong emotional connection to

In the Lonely Hour by Sam Smith?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:09 am

Adam D wrote:And just to justify my selection:

album - its my favourite "popular" album and I was listening to it this morning Steps are a credible act.
Film - Awesome film that stands the test of time and is just as good now as it was then Moulin Rouge I heart you forever.
Book - my childrens favourite author, who was also mine when I was their age Sarah Ferguson's Budgie books are a long forgotten classic..

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:22 am

album - its my favourite "popular" album and I was listening to it this morning

I'm really glad I did not pick on the basis of what I was listening to this morning. Would make Galted's choices look popular.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:24 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Reminder for the stragglers

Fat Head Adam
Harrier
C&R
Shah Abu-bakr
Paul
Ziggler
Trebs
GrumpyG*lfer

I'm waiting on you lot.

Having trouble reading, Shah?

I wanted the author not the book.  But don't worry, I am aware of who wrote it so I amend it for you.

Sorry mate, chaotic at work

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 18 Jun 2015, 9:28 am

superflyweight wrote:

album - its my favourite "popular" album and I was listening to it this morning Steps are a credible act.
Film - Awesome film that stands the test of time and is just as good now as it was then Moulin Rouge I heart you forever.
Book - my childrens favourite author, who was also mine when I was their age Sarah Ferguson's Budgie books are a long forgotten classic..
Steps are fantastic. Besides the Bee Gees, they are the band I wish I'd seen before they split up.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:02 am

Claire from Steps can now be seen from space.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:35 am

I have naively gone for what I consider to be the greatest film ever, the tie greatest album ever and the greatest author ever so I expect to get 0 votes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:47 am

Galted wrote:I have naively gone for what I consider to be the greatest film ever, the tie greatest album ever and the greatest author ever so I expect to get 0 votes.

Your film is outstanding. As is your author.

Your album is f*cking ghastly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Jun 2015, 10:59 am

Galted wrote:I have naively gone for what I consider to be the greatest film ever, the tie greatest album ever and the greatest author ever so I expect to get 0 votes.

Your film is outstanding. As is your author.

"F*cking ghastly" is a good way to describe some gormlessly grinning couple's new baby when everyone is fawning over it and arguing about who it most resembles.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:01 am

Galted wrote:

Your film is outstanding.  As is your author.

"F*cking ghastly" is a good way to describe some gormlessly grinning couple's new baby when everyone is fawning over it and arguing about who it most resembles.

So you agree then?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

Certainly not. The album is simply marvellous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:07 am

Rivalled only by The Head On The Door as the greatest album ever.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:22 am

I can never decide which is my favourite film or album so have decided to go with desert island discs style picks and chosen a film and an album that I'd be happy to watch and listen to over and over again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 18 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

Shame it is author and not book otherwise the triumvirate of Trainspotting, Trainspotting and Trainspotting could be up there.

I got bored after 3 minutes of trying to find an author's name that was an album and film title as well, but success in this area will likely garner my vote.

#voteforsale

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:00 pm

Roller_Coaster wrote:

I got bored after 3 minutes of trying to find an author's name that was an album and film title as well

That's because you're not as clever as Jules. He managed it within about 3 minutes of the question going up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:06 pm

If it was Band, Author, Footballer windows could have -

Keane, (Jessie) Keane, (Roy) Keane.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:09 pm

seanmichaels wrote:If it was Band, Author, Footballer windows could have -

Whereas you'd have gone for Elton John, Gok Wan and Thomas Hitzlsperger.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:10 pm

seanmichaels wrote:If it was Band, Author, Footballer windows could have -

Whereas you'd have gone for Elton John, Gok Wan and Thomas Hitzlsperger.

That doesn't work.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next