The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

+31
Hibbz
pyormin
AlciG
beninho
lorus59
Sand
raycastleunited
LadyPutt
gw
Shotrock
robopz
GPB
MustPuttBetter
JAS
Roller_Coaster
navyblueshorts
MontysMerkin
SmithersJones
puligny
pedro
super_realist
BlueCoverman
Bob_the_Job
hend085
I'm never wrong
McLaren
incontinentia
EmmDee57
Davie
kwinigolfer
sirbenson
35 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship  - Page 4 Empty European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

Post by sirbenson Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought with no place to discuss European Tour events, and with important upcoming event. I felt it would be a good idea to set up a thread to I am going to try and keep this updated every week with selected tee times.

Last edited by sirbenson on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:18 pm; edited 35 times in total

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship  - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

Post by pedro Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:56 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
GPB wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:It's not like that on the ET website - very clear. Can you access it?

Not talking about the website, talking about the telecast.
Sorry - at work and trying to follow the Test match as well! Not seen the Sky coverage yet Rolling Eyes
LP, you should stay home on benefits... Very Happy

pedro

Back to top Go down

European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship  - Page 4 Empty Re: European Tour 2015 - DP World Tour Championship

Post by MontysMerkin Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:22 pm

It's ok, she works in the public sector. Shocked Cool
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Short day at the office for Paul Lawrie - playing much better so long as he's golfing in Scotland . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:45 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:It's ok, she works in the public sector. Shocked Cool
And have done for the past 47 years without ever claiming a penny in benefits (although this discussion should be for another thread!). picard
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:46 pm

GPB wrote:Watching the Match Play, when Golf Channel shows the completed matches, it has White Print on top of a bright yellow background which makes it hard to read.  In progress matches are shown with white print on a green background

Is that the same graphics that are being shown on your side of the pond?

That's not the colour scheme that Sky Sports uses. Must be something specially concocted by the Golf Channel.

(Although I've not seen any of today's coverage because I've been busy at work earning money to support benefits scroungers!)

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:55 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
MontysMerkin wrote:It's ok, she works in the public sector. Shocked Cool
And have done for the past 47 years without ever claiming a penny in benefits (although this discussion should be for another thread!). picard
No need to stop working when there's an intersting job opening as "fat c***" for Robert Allenby.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:10 pm

What do you reckon Allenby's caddies earn? $1000 per week plus 5-10% of winnings? He's banked $265k so far this season so not that great for the caddy, but I suppose he can double that with one good week.

Is that enough money to walk around a field all day being insulted?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:15 pm

ray,
The other side of that coin is that it's not bad for walking around a field; let's face it, if he was a top caddie he'd've been picked up by someone else ages ago.

Haven't taken to Tyrrell Hatton yet, reminds me of the somewhat entitled early images of Justin Rose. Which probably means Hatton will win the MatchPlay - regardless, he's certainly scored a ticket to the PGA in a fortnight's time.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:52 pm

It looks as if the 3rd round wins for Hatton and Howell will be enough to squeak them into the owgr Top 100, probably good enough for an Invitation to the PGA Championship.
And Marc Warren's win places him right on the precipice of entry to the Top 50 and exemption to the WGC-Bridgestone. A quarter final win would assure it.
Am enjoying this tournament! Well done Paul Lawrie.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Most of the top players and inform players are still involved and it looks like it will get a good winner!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:31 pm

Two former boy wonders go off as the final pair, Ryo and Rickie.
I badly need Rickie Fowler to bail out my fanto team; going thru a very bad run!

After yesterday's dismal finishes from Laird and Sullivan, not much for GB&I to get excited about unless Brian Davis can shoot in the 50's or Knox and Owen can continue to play well. Big week for Gonzo though - he followed up his Round 1 66 with a 71, effectively treading water. Now he needs two more 66's to get a meaningful result.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:33 pm

I think you meant that for your PGA Thread Kwini!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:43 pm

!!

Oh well, good point, haven't had a drink yet to wash away the cobwebs.

Do I take it that those knocked out in Round 1 didn't get paid? Cut-throat!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:47 pm

That's the way to win a Play-Off! Marc Warren on his way to the Bridgestone.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Is anyone else surprised at the amount of fairways missed? I know the course is it a bit shorter than usual and some players maybe bombing them down there to have a chip on, but even when they take irons they are missing. Can't all be down to the wind.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Karlsson and Kiradech, not exactly the final you'd've expected but let's hope it's a good one.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:13 am

So...what was the general consensus on this debut Tournament? I liked it and thought it deserved more higher profile players. It'll be interesting to see what happens next year if there's a clutch of players in the mix for a wildcard RC selection. Speaking of which I know the have their world list and European list and points are points. In terms of RC selection though is their any merit in weighting match play points heavier tha stroke play, not for RTD just for RC selection?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:36 am

JAS wrote:So...what was the general consensus on this debut Tournament? I liked it and thought it deserved more higher profile players.
Agreed JAS. I liked the course as well, because there was a lot of risk and reward.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:02 pm

I liked the concept; it seemed a good course for MatchPlay and hope it can continue.
As for deserving "more high profile players", I'm not sure exactly how you do that, even with double the purse.
As far as I can see, the guys who lost in Round 1 received no official prizemoney anyway.

The date seems to have been selected in the knowledge that the only guys who play a WGC-level schedule who would compete would be those who need points to play the Bridgestone. Warren showed, Fleetwood and Sullivan didn't, perhaps partly because of their management company.

What would you do to strengthen the field, JAS? Hopefully Howler has a few ideas, but I thought the field was about as good as it reasonably could be.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:12 pm

Course: Really liked it - good to see a proper links being played in matchplay where the risk and reward is so much more immediate.

Format: Fine by me but I can see the issue with committing to something that might only last a day for no pay.

Crowds: They looked disappointingly sparse which made the atmosphere on TV come across a bit downbeat

Field: I was ok with the field - matchplay is a good format for what might be considered the 2rd tier because it's man against man, not man against the course.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 pm

JAS wrote:So...what was the general consensus on this debut Tournament?
Absolutely loved it - well done to Paul Lawrie and his Foundation. Great to see Alfie Barnrat pick up another win this season - his approach to the game is refreshing and a delight. Very Happy
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:49 pm

The course was quite a bit shorter than what we are used to seeing. Was anything done to compensate this, i.e. growing the rough up / narrowing the fairways? Or did we see the course playing as it would for the monthly medal?

When I've played tournament courses, you can usually see the pro tees way back in the distance compared to the medal tees. I like the idea of taking the Tour to a "normal" course, or playing "normal" yardages once a year, just for fun, especially as its matchplay.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:28 pm

In his interview Fattybarnrat said that he felt tired in the last few holes and that's why he lost his way. He is not used to playing 36 holes a day, two days running. I couldn't help thinking that the interviewer should have said "Then why don't you lose about 20kg and get into shape then you won't feel so fatigued."

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Lorus, for your information, Aphibarnrat has a medical condition (thyroid, I think) which is the reason for his size - nothing to do with what he eats or how much. I am sure he would lose weight if he could. Comments such as this can be very hurtful.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:18 pm

No matter how fit you are, 36 holes 2 days running is still a big ask, mentally as well as physically, so fair play to him. Not who I'd have expected to prevail on Sunday morning.

Speaking of 36 holers I took a pummelling at Saunton yesterday, certainly wouldn't have fancied another 36 today

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:33 pm

Well said LP!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:49 pm

LadyPutt wrote:Lorus, for your information, Aphibarnrat has a medical condition (thyroid, I think) which is the reason for his size - nothing to do with the fact he stuffs his face with chocolates and pizza and has never seen the inside of a gym in his life. I am sure he would lose weight if he could. Comments such as this can be very hurtful.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am

raycastleunited wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:Lorus, for your information, Aphibarnrat has a medical condition (thyroid, I think) which is the reason for his size - nothing to do with the fact he stuffs his face with chocolates and pizza and has never seen the inside of a gym in his life. I am sure he would lose weight if he could. Comments such as this can be very hurtful.
Ray - if you are going to make comments like that, please add them as your own and don't amend my quote to make it look as though I am saying it. I too have a thyroid condition which has given me a similar problem all my life - although not as bad - and your uninformed, and hurtful, comments do you no justice.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:45 am

Yes it is true that people suffering from thyroid problems gain weight, it can be treated and while it is more difficult for sufferers to lose weight, with the proper diet and exercise it can be done. One would think a professional sportsperson would go out of his way to get into the best possible shape regardless.
As for the comment "I am sure he would lose weight if he could", I live in Thailand and golf is only really available to the more affluent in society. Thailand has its own professional tour and I have seen quite a lot of it shown on TV here. I would say around 50% of the golfers are overweight. This is a cultural thing. If young kids are overweight, it is seen as proof that their parents can afford to nourish them sufficiently. They even refer to the fat kids as being cute.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Plenty of experienced European Tour pros lining up to play the Challenge Tour event in Ulster, led by Michael Hoey. Other names include McGrane, Peter Lawrie, Price, Dougherty, McGowan, Lara, Elvira, Goya, Rhys Davies, etc, etc.
Kinda surprising that everyone's favourite 1000/1 shot, Gary Boyd, can't get into the field.

Probably well worth a visit.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

From the NHS website

"Treatment for an underactive thyroid involves taking daily hormone replacement tablets, called levothyroxine, to raise your thyroxine levels. You'll usually need treatment for the rest of your life. However, with proper treatment, you should be able to lead a normal, healthy life"

Even if he does have hypothyroidism he should really be seeking out the medication available and be leading a normal healthy life. As always with fat people claiming their weight is due to a medical condition the fact they drink 5 cokes a day is totally ignored.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:53 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
raycastleunited wrote:
Ray - if you are going to make comments like that, please add them as your own and don't amend my quote to make it look as though I am saying it. I too have a thyroid condition which has given me a similar problem all my life - although not as bad - and your uninformed, and hurtful, comments do you no justice.

Apologies LP - I was going to add some comments to make it clear I was joking and it wasn't your view, but pressed send a little too early and then rushed off to a meeting. However, I am pretty sure he could lose weight if he wanted to.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:25 pm

McLaren wrote:From the NHS website

"Treatment for an underactive thyroid involves taking daily hormone replacement tablets, called levothyroxine, to raise your thyroxine levels. You'll usually need treatment for the rest of your life. However, with proper treatment, you should be able to lead a normal, healthy life"

Even if he does have hypothyroidism he should really be seeking out the medication available and be leading a normal healthy life.  As always with fat people claiming their weight is due to a medical condition the fact they drink 5 cokes a day is totally ignored.
I take Levothyroxine and, like many other sufferers, find that it actually puts on weight rather than helps lose it which makes things doubly hard. I read recently that Kiradech spent some time not long ago as a monk living a very frugal lifestyle (as most young Thais apparently do) and even that didn't make any difference. Please don't judge people's appearance too harshly when you don't know all the facts.

Apology accepted Ray Hug
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:14 pm

What gives you the confidence to attribute your weight gain to the Levothyroxine?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:42 pm

McLaren wrote:What gives you the confidence to attribute your weight gain to the Levothyroxine?

Maybe because she's actually living with it and not reading up about it off Google or Wikipedia you insensitive buffoon Mac (Apologies for jumping in Ladyputt but I couldn't let that comment go unanswered)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:00 am

Next week's KLM Open has a decent field with Donaldson and Kaymer signed up.
Plus about a dozen more Top 100 players.
Shame Casey doesn't come over and defend his title.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:12 am

I was about to jump in and say you're talking rubbish - Luiten won it last time out....but that was 2013. Blimey.. talk about your tempus fugit. Like the course though.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:56 am

Yup, Love the course too, some lovely courses on the Dutch & Belgian coasts that we hardly ever hear about. Luiten's going through a terrible run of form, time to turn that around.

Potentially an even better field for Milan the following week - Kaymer again, Franny of course, plus about 15 other Top 100 players. And Padraig Harrington too.

Believe we'll get some McDowell sightings for a few weeks after that - Ryder Cup qualification underway!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:59 am

I guess casey is prioritizing the fedex play offs given that he doesn't seem to be renewing his European tour card for next season. On current form he would probably get onto the ryder cup team.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:07 pm

I understand the conflict, Mac. Still a shame he won't be there. Sure he'll be vocal if he rejoins the E.T. but doesn't make the RC Team, and is ignored as a DC pick.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:17 pm

I could be wrong but was it not mentioned a month or so back that Casey will not take up European tour membership next season due to relationship/family commitments in the US?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Hadn't heard that regarding Casey's plans for next year although I know that was his position for 2015.
Never quite sure what to make of him, not sure what he expects out of his career except a lavish lifestyle.
And nothing wrong with that.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:27 pm

Why is Dyson not playing the KLM- he's a bit of a specialist at the course (2 time winner and runner up last year)? It's probably public knowledge and I've missed it.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:36 pm

Bob, According to the E.T. website Dyson hasn't played since May - no explanation as to why.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:56 pm

Most odd. I know he has a bit of a cloud in has background re Spikemarkgate, but I enjoy watching him and his self-commentary. He and Danny Willet would be a heck of a pairing.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:04 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Bob, According to the E.T. website Dyson hasn't played since May - no explanation as to why.

How transparent is the European tour disciplinary process?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Not being able to repair spike marks is an absurdly stupid rule.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:11 pm

super_realist wrote:Not being able to repair spike marks is an absurdly stupid rule.

Agreed.. mostly.  I guess the fear is two fold - people would spend an age doing it, or they would pummel down a groove towards the hole.

Last edited by Bob_the_Job on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:11 pm

super_realist wrote:Not being able to repair spike marks is an absurdly stupid rule.
Good grief, S-R - I'm agreeing with you again! What's going on?

I never have been able to understand why you can't repair a spike mark that's been made by someone else when you can repair a pitch mark that's been made by you or someone else! Crazy!!
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:13 pm

I just repair them under the guise of it being a pitchmark.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next