The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears.

+36
banbrotam
slashermcguirk
Aut0Gr4ph
Josiah Maiestas
Calder106
Born Slippy
coolpixel
Jahu
break_in_the_fifth
TRuffin
laverfan
Good Golly I'm Olly
kemet
Animalfan
Guest82
theslosty
HM Murdock
barrystar
CaledonianCraig
Haddie-nuff
LuvSports!
Belovedluckyboy
yloponom68
temporary21
dummy_half
bogbrush
FedsFan
rIck_dAgless
VTR
sirfredperry
Duty281
Jermaine2015
Danny_1982
kingraf
socal1976
JuliusHMarx
40 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears. - Page 3 Empty Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears.

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of play

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22713811

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears.

Post by barrystar Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:39 pm

I thought after Fed won Wimbledon in 2012 I'd be able to support Murray vs. him thereafter on the basis that he'd filled his boots.

Not so - despite being a Brit I want to see Fed' magisterial brand of play rewarded with a win.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears. - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears.

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:40 pm

No pop at all off the Murray racquet. Like it has a muffler on it or something!

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm

Andy is displaying guts of steel.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:41 pm

Federer is hitting bombs and Andys blowing bubbles!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:45 pm

Murray takes nearly 10 minutes to hold serve and Federer cruises in 2 minutes!!

No rest for the wicked!

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:46 pm

As well as Andy served in the last game, Novak would have broken him

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:46 pm

Surely a hold like that after Murray's service game must be close to heartbreaking?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm

Seems to me Fed is hitting harder than Murray. Murray a bit too passive, has to up his aggression. Fed is being very aggressive, forcing the issue. Fed's serve really helps him to hold serve more easily than Murray does his.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:47 pm

barrystar wrote:Surely a hold like that after Murray's service game must be close to heartbreaking?

Indeed.

Murray must dread the thought of serving!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:51 pm

There you go. Andy having to play clutch stuff and can't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

Magic

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

Fed is on fire out here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

COOOMEEE ONN!!!!!! AAALLLLLLEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!!!! CHUM JETZE! ALL ABOARD THE FED EXPRESS!!!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

What a rally - fantastic from both. Federer has played supremely well, and brought his AAA game on return exactly when he needs it - just out of the Sampras play book
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

Finally!!

At the SIXTH time of asking.

It's a good thing my heart is good!

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:52 pm

Federer mauling Murray. Can't complain. The only thing is if Andy is going to take the power out of his strokes, he needs to find a better length.

Federer is chewing up his groundies.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

kemet wrote:Finally!!

At the SIXTH time of asking.

It's a good thing my heart is good!

Glad to see the old man get a shot #18.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:54 pm

This has been a tremendous fight so far. Wonderful match. OK

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:55 pm

Thanks for showing up Andy Laugh

An 8th is deserved after such a clinic.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:56 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Thanks for showing up Andy Laugh

This is a good day at the office for the Old Man. If he continues in this vein, Djokovic has his work cut out for his 8th 9th.

Last edited by laverfan on Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:58 pm

laverfan wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Thanks for showing up Andy Laugh

This is a good day at the office for the Old Man. If he continues in this vein, Djokovic has his work cut out for his 8th.

Just hope Federer shows this form on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:59 pm

Murray having to do all the running.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Fri 10 Jul 2015, 5:59 pm

Roger won 100% of 1st serve points in during second set.. so damn good

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:01 pm

Murray deserves a set.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:01 pm

I like how Andy can smile at that. Reach 40-40 and Federer just swots it aside.

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:02 pm

laverfan wrote:Murray deserves a set.

No he doesn't.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm

As a Murray fan I would share that sentiment of his tennis was even on par with Federer today.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:06 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:

No he doesn't.

Some compassion for Murray, please. kiss

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:09 pm

Murray is clearly a fine player and a fine athlete and he's enjoying his tennis, but I wish he wouldn't look so bedraggled and damn miserable.

Maybe if he shaved and cut his hair he'd project a more positive image, and perhaps even get something from it?
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:13 pm

At the moment Federer is completely dominant.

Strolling. Murray working hard for every point.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:22 pm

Oh what a shot!

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm

No complaints from me. Roger was superb today. He has served better and returned better than Murray and sadly not enough aggression from Andy. If Roger can elevate himself to that level on Sunday he certainly has a great chance against Novak who has looked patchy at times here.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm

Insane. Absolutely insane.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:24 pm

Wow...

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm

Federerrrr babyyyyyyyyyy kisssssss
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:25 pm

Crushed like a bug!

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:26 pm

Well played, Old Man. clap clap

Murray. Wimbledon Day 11 - Richard With a Vengeance? Call the Kops-Jones or it'll all end in Spears. - Page 3 3845856932

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:26 pm

I still think Djoko is the favourite, but that was one hell of a performance, absolutely fantastic. Mind you, I'd love it if he bags #18, and 10 finals is amazing enough anyway.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:26 pm

LF, 2 kisses Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm

As much credit as Fed gets- I still think he is underestimated... I'll say it here and you can move it if you wish... GOAT!

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm

Wow.

What a performance. Stunning. The man is a genius.

Surely he must start as the favourite on Sunday?

I'll say this, if Federer raises the trophy on Sunday, a month shy of 34, having gone through Murray and Djokovic, I'll rate it as his greatest slam win.

I'm stunned.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:30 pm

Murray's bottom will doubtless be red from this absolute spanking. Virtuoso serving performance.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:31 pm

He needs to beat Djoko now, and end his career on a high note.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:33 pm

Most people had Murray as the favourite.

Didn't someone say Murray's best outdoors is better than Federer's?

I think that theory was firmly put in it's place!

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm

Well done and well deserved win for Fed! The more aggressive player wins as it should be on grass.

I think Fed will win the final if he can continue to play this way. Fed is the best player among the four semi finalists. He really knows how to play well and wins big on grass (like Rafa on clay). Both are so wonderful on their respective best surface.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:34 pm

Could only flick between overs today. I think we had something about having a good serve on grass before the tournament. Pete would have been proud of that.  Andy played ok. Nothing like at RG though. A rematch it is. Hopefully it's more competitive than today's matches

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:35 pm

kingraf wrote: Virtuoso serving performance.
I don't think I've ever seen him serve better.

Only faced one break point (and that in the first game!) against one of the game's best returners.

20 aces.

I really am reeling at what I've just watched.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by coolpixel Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:37 pm

I had Murray firmly as fave. I said MurrY would just out run him out....but my God. That was walking on water tennis. That was LSD and marijuana tennis. Who need drugs when you watch that back hand in the last game with Federer was out of position and Murray was pouncing at the net.

LF - the old man will likely lose on Sunday...but this is respect. Djokovic, and no disrespect to him, is merely buying a ticket for the right to dine at the Master's table.

coolpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm

Murrats best match was the Olympic final. If it's an outdoor hc, it's a harder call the goat will go on forever, even if he wins tomorrow such is the will of the GOAT goat. The serve will have to be just as good as it was today, he faces an even better returner sunday

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri 10 Jul 2015, 6:39 pm

Superb from Fed. One of his finest ever displays at Wimbledon. Repeat that serving performance on Sunday and he is the champion. Andy seemed to be lacking a bit of real oomph today. Just not at his best and that was what was needed today.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next