The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread

+11
rodders
No 7&1/2
maestegmafia
GunsGerms
Gwlad
TJ
Notch
Artful_Dodger
GLove39
mikey_dragon
wales606
15 posters

Go down

South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread Empty South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 4:34 pm

Anyone watching this one?

Argentina up 14 - 3 after 25 minutes, could be an interesting one, Argentina look very good.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread Empty Re: South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 4:40 pm

Another Argentinian try off the back of a good scrum

Now 6 - 21

This could be a disaster for SA.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread Empty Re: South Africa vs Argentina : Match Thread

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:03 pm

Wow.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:07 pm

13 - 34 at 45 minutes,

Imhoff has a hat-trick
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:08 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:09 pm

wales606 wrote:13 - 34 at 45 minutes,

Imhoff has a hat-trick

He hasn't had to work for it either. He is a lethal wing and we don't see enough of him, but if a hatrick can be handed to a player on the plate then this is an example of how.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:10 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:
wales606 wrote:13 - 34 at 45 minutes,

Imhoff has a hat-trick

He hasn't had to work for it either.  He is a lethal wing and we don't see enough of him, but if a hatrick can be handed to a player on the plate then this is an example of how.

His first try was from some great support play, the other two were walking in good work from other people. Still good awareness for the 3rd try.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:27 pm

smart decision to take the drop goal from Argentina, 17 up with 17 minutes to defend it.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:28 pm

GLove39 wrote:smart decision to take the drop goal from Argentina, 17 up with 17 minutes to defend it.

Very good,

and that is the second time Pollard has put the restart out on the full, it cost them 3pts last time with the strength of the Arg scrum
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:32 pm

Vamos!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:35 pm

Argentina play such attractive rugby...which I not something I would have said 4 years ago.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 08 Aug 2015, 5:53 pm

And Argentina have their first ever win over South Africa, and they have done it away from home by 12 clear points.

25 - 37.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Aug 2015, 6:06 pm

Yahoo
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 08 Aug 2015, 8:57 pm

Well done the argies!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Aug 2015, 10:45 pm

Full house for Marcelo Bosch- penalty, drop goal and a try. Anyone have a link to highlights?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 09 Aug 2015, 12:10 am

Been saying time and again SA were on the slide…seems i am totally on the money. Samoa next, mark my words.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 09 Aug 2015, 12:34 am

Yahoo

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 09 Aug 2015, 10:31 am

Notch - the match is now up on youtube

I just watched the match .  Argentina well worth the win and they missed 3 goal kicks in the first 20 mins - could have been out of sight at halftime.

Breakdown work was great - secured quick ball themselves and legally slowed SA ball.  Turned SA over a good few times.  Powerhouse forwards and straight running backs.  Looked very accomplished.  SA looked shellshocked and no plan B.  Sa kept trying mauls - despite getting absolutly nothing out of them.  Very little to show in the midfeild either - hardly made a break.

Well done the argies  Thanks for demoralising SA from a scots fan.

Edit: just looked at the stats. Sa ahead almost everywhere bar 19 turnovers conceded and 3 scrums lost. quite a surprise having watched the match

Last edited by TJ on Sun 09 Aug 2015, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 09 Aug 2015, 10:33 am

Notch wrote:Full house for Marcelo Bosch- penalty, drop goal and a try. Anyone have a link to highlights?

Highlights - https://streamable.com/bcrg
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:00 pm

SA seem so easy to outsmart. Really lacking leaders or perhaps the head coach isnt good enough. In any case they were a better side under DeVilliers. That was a really strong Lions side they beat.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 09 Aug 2015, 9:09 pm

Congratulations to Argentina. What a result

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:00 am

De Villiers is now facing a race to be fit for the WC after his broken jaw, real shame for the guy after just comimg back.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:09 am

Wow - didn't see the game but am amazed at this result given the form of the 2 sides over the past few games.

SA look very strong on paper but that is a bad loss so close to the RWC.

All of a sudden the Wallabies look like the biggest threat to NZ and England, maybe followed by Ireland.... still a way to go to though and SA have too much quality and power to write off.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:29 am

rodders wrote:Wow - didn't see the game but am amazed at this result given the form of the 2 sides over the past few games.

SA look very strong on paper but that is a bad loss so close to the RWC.

All of a sudden the Wallabies look like the biggest threat to NZ and England, maybe followed by Ireland.... still a way to go to though and SA have too much quality and power to write off.

SA havent exactly been on form. They had lost 6 of the last 10 games and 3 in a row going into this game. I was surprised but only because Argentina have never won v SA and to do it for the first time in SA is an amazing achievement.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:36 am

I thought they could have won their 2 previous games Guns. they aren't on top form but haven't been too far off and thought they would really be out to prove a point here.

The last two games they looked very good at times, especially in attack and scored some super tries, just a bit fragile mentally and a bit short on fitness late on - definitely didn't see that result coming.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Aug 2015, 11:43 am

rodders wrote:I thought they could have won their 2 previous games Guns. they aren't on top form but haven't been too far off and thought they would really be out to prove a point here.

The last two games they looked very good at times, especially in attack and scored some super tries, just a bit fragile mentally and a bit short on fitness late on - definitely didn't see that result coming.

Yeah fair enough re previous games. They were strong in parts. However, the manner in which they almost threw both games away or did really stupid things to lose them for me is a sign of a badly coached team.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 10 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

Also for Juan Imhoff to score the first ever hat trick of tries against the Boks in Argentina's first ever win v SA it amazing. That will be a pub quiz question.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 10 Aug 2015, 5:06 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Also for Juan Imhoff to score the first ever hat trick of tries against the Boks in Argentina's first ever win v SA it amazing. That will be a pub quiz question.

In Durban too! How very, very embarrassing.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Tue 11 Aug 2015, 6:14 am

@Gwlad, Durban isn't really a fortress, but well done to Argentina. Saw this coming since that game that we drew. Last few encounters we were also a bit lucky to steal the win. But I didn't quite expect it to be this convincing.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 11 Aug 2015, 6:37 am

We got smacked around a bit. At least under de Villiers we had legitimate designs on winning the world cup, as we'd beaten NZ in NZ a couple times, and you'd back us to beat most other teams. Here we're relying on the draw somehow opening up like the Red Sea and maybe facing Tonga types in the final. Waste of four years
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Tue 11 Aug 2015, 7:36 am

Don't be too down-heartened raf: recall that the run-up to the 2007 World Cup saw a poor November tour and a poor TriNations....

Anyways, what alarms me most is how the boks can switch off mentally for certain teams. The level of rugby played by the boks against Aus and NZ earlier in the RC was fantastic, and had the rub of the green gone our way, we'd have won them both...to go from that to playing absolute rubbish against ARG (who for their part played sublime rugby) is difficult to understand...I don't know if we have the mental fortitude to maintain a world cup campaign.

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 11 Aug 2015, 9:05 am

Mr Fishpaste wrote:Don't be too down-heartened raf: recall that the run-up to the 2007 World Cup saw a poor November tour and a poor TriNations....

Anyways, what alarms me most is how the boks can switch off mentally for certain teams. The level of rugby played by the boks against Aus and NZ earlier in the RC was fantastic, and had the rub of the green gone our way, we'd have won them both...to go from that to playing absolute rubbish against ARG (who for their part played sublime rugby) is difficult to understand...I don't know if we have the mental fortitude to maintain a world cup campaign.

Dont forget your run to the WC final in 07 was quite easy. Fiji, Argentina and then England. It wont be so easy this time.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Tue 11 Aug 2015, 10:31 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Mr Fishpaste wrote:Don't be too down-heartened raf: recall that the run-up to the 2007 World Cup saw a poor November tour and a poor TriNations....

Dont forget your run to the WC final in 07 was quite easy. Fiji, Argentina and then England. It wont be so easy this time.

Hey...I'm trying to be optimistic here!

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 11 Aug 2015, 3:10 pm

FerN wrote:@Gwlad, Durban isn't really a fortress, but well done to Argentina.  Saw this coming since that game that we drew.  Last few encounters we were also a bit lucky to steal the win.  But I didn't quite expect it to be this convincing.

What carp.

Was when i was there in 09…might not have been last weekend due to lack of interest but i have never been in a SA rugby stadium that wasn't a fortress….Loftus being the epitome….i recall squeezing my way up a claustrophobic tunnel into the light, it was like something out of Gladiator

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by FerN Wed 12 Aug 2015, 6:47 am

Gwlad wrote:
FerN wrote:@Gwlad, Durban isn't really a fortress, but well done to Argentina.  Saw this coming since that game that we drew.  Last few encounters we were also a bit lucky to steal the win.  But I didn't quite expect it to be this convincing.

What carp.

Was when i was there in 09…might not have been last weekend due to lack of interest but i have never been in a SA rugby stadium that wasn't a fortress….Loftus being the epitome….i recall squeezing my way up a claustrophobic tunnel into the light, it was like something out of Gladiator

Ellis Park is our 'fortress'. Well not really any more because we lose there quite often now. I have only been to SA stadia so I won't know how a stadium looks that isn't like a fortress then.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Wi11 Fri 14 Aug 2015, 10:14 am

The rerun of this game will be very interesting. Like others I thought the RGs were good value for their win in the championship game. I suspect SA's statistical dominance was mostly gained in the last half hour, when Argentina were sitting back defending a huge lead.

Both sides have made a few changes, but without significantly weakening their line-up. Should be a great game.

Wi11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down