The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+14
Dr Shoe
nadeem2099
Union Cane
Hero
superflyweight
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
Galted
Hibbz
Adam D
ShahenshahG
Dolphin Ziggler
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
18 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 3:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Rowley wrote:Why yes, Alistair, upon reflection I do believe i have been somewhat ignorant and uneducated in my stance on JFK and it is possible there was more than one shooter.

Thanks.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Mon 14 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Alistair wrote:Rowley, do you have a beard?

You idiot. It's pronounced 'Rowley', not 'Rowley'.

My apologies.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:01 pm

Why do you ask?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:02 pm

Alistair wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

My apologies.

Apology accepted. I'm quite protective of Jeff because he's in my top 8 posters.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Alistair wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

My apologies.

Apology accepted. I'm quite protective of Jeff because he's in my top 8 posters.

Who is the other one?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:33 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I'd imagine if Windows was a teacher the kids would have a field day.

'Sir you will not be giving me a detention, have you ever tried picking upyour teeth with a broken arm?'

I'd could use the hand on my other arm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I'd imagine if Windows was a teacher the kids would have a field day.

'Sir you will not be giving me a detention, have you ever tried picking upyour teeth with a broken arm?'

It's smart mouthing like that that got your first arm broken.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:37 pm

Rowley wrote:
Why do you ask?

Seeing has people in here hold in you in such high esteem it's only fitting you have a beard to match your god like persona.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Don't knock it. It's tino's (admittedly genius and successful plan) to pull a bird to procreate with.

Step 1: Fly to Canada
Step 2: Look like a clubbed seal
Step 3: Yap at the nearest presentable female.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm

Tino is the only person who could lose when he went seal clubbing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Don't knock it. It's tino's (admittedly genius and successful plan) to pull a bird to procreate with.

Step 1: Fly to Canada
Step 2: Look like a clubbed seal
Step 3: Yap at the nearest presentable female.

I met her over here. In a bar. She was wowed by the jumpers.

It was between me and some bloke wearing Hi-Tecs and and a Goretex jacket.

She came home with me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm

Result Tina, Galted is normally deadly with women who need a visa to remain here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Sep 2015, 4:49 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Tino is the only person who could lose when he went seal clubbing.

Aye. In retrospect his choice of song was regretful but his heart was in the right place. It was merely bad fortune that singing "I am the walrus" was akin to singing the Indian national anthem in Karachi.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:26 pm

What a pity.  Detracted from what was an excellent picking-up-a-bird-in-a-bar put-down of me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Sep 2015, 5:32 pm

Galted wrote:

What a pity.  Detracted from what was an excellent picking-up-a-bird-in-a-bar put-down of me.

I spotted it ages ago but as I'm not insecure enough to care what people think of my grammar I left it in.

It was still an excellent put down, Galted. You know it and I know it. Don't try and smokescreen, it won't work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Sep 2015, 6:39 am

Fist! morning Shah...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Sep 2015, 6:50 am

Morning Rickety Sax.

Overcast and dull. Apparently we're in for a 5 month freeze starting November, someone needs to explain the concept of Winter to the people on the radio.

How are we this fine morning?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Sep 2015, 6:58 am

Pretty good today, feels like a Friday as off for the rest of the week.

It is absolutely chucking it down here though, but as I have no outdoor activities planned I could not care less, I am a rebel without a clue...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:50 am

Morning all.

Jumper on today. Winter is Coming.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Sep 2015, 7:53 am

Morning Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:08 am

rick_dagless wrote:Morning Tino

Last day for you, rICko?

I have been out scouring the streets of Laaandon looking for a slightly confused chap in a flat cap, trying to cross the road only to be forced back time and time again by fast moving traffic. No luck so far.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:15 am

I had a hot bath last night. Some french stuff in it not radox. I think the dip in temperatures could be exacerbating my lower back pain.

Morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:I had a hot bath last night. Some french stuff in it not radox. I think the dip in temperatures could be exacerbating my lower back pain.

Morning.

I'l say the same to you as I said to Jeff. Everybody over the age of about 25 has lower back pain. That is what life does.

Most of us deal with it in silence rather than lay in our own filth for half an hour. No amount of Radox or poncy French bath salts can disguise that fact.

Morning though. Hope your back feels better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:21 am

Tino wrote:Last day for you, rICko?

I have been out scouring the streets of Laaandon looking for a slightly confused chap in a flat cap, trying to cross the road only to be forced back time and time again by fast moving traffic. No luck so far.

Yes indeed mate, and looking forward to some relaxing time, food and booze festival in Saltaire village is always a good do, what you up to this fine week?

Morning sean...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:24 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Last day for you, rICko?

Yes indeed mate, and looking forward to some relaxing time, food and booze festival in Saltaire village is always a good do, what you up to this fine week?

Morning sean...

Sounds lovely. Mad rush to get the work done today then?

Not much going on here. Screaming, tantrums and dirty nappies. Then I'll go home to the kids.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:26 am

Tino wrote:Sounds lovely. Mad rush to get the work done today then?

More than likely though my phone never ends up being turned off much to the missus's chagrin...

Though if anyone wants any rational sense out of me from about 3 ish then good luck...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:43 am

There is a great video on the BBC Sport website of Brian Close facing an over from Michael Holding. Absolute lunacy in comparison with the modern times.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:51 am

seanmichaels wrote:There is a great video on the BBC Sport website of Brian Close facing an over from Michael Holding. Absolute lunacy in comparison with the modern times.

I was watching that earlier on. Brutal stuff. I love the way Close is desperately trying to pretend it doesn't hurt! Proper stoicism.

Holding just had a such a smooth run up and action. Poetry in motion.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:There is a great video on the BBC Sport website of Brian Close facing an over from Michael Holding. Absolute lunacy in comparison with the modern times.

I was watching that earlier on.  Brutal stuff.  I love the way Close is desperately trying to pretend it doesn't hurt!  Proper stoicism.

Holding just had a such a smooth run up and action.  Poetry in motion.

There is no gangliness you see with the likes of Steve Finn and at times Broad, just fluid from start to finish. I just emailed that to a mate from cricket. He used to play for Hampshire when Marshall was there. Wonderful man and brilliant coach apparently. Had time for everyone. Could do stuff with the ball that would have Jimmy Anderson envious.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 8:59 am

When I was with there (schoolboy level only), we had the occasional net supervised by Mark Nicholas. He on the other hand was a helmet.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:06 am

seanmichaels wrote:When I was with there (schoolboy level only), we had the occasional net supervised by Mark Nicholas. He on the other hand was a helmet.

So he was wearing protection while fisting you?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:07 am

I am afraid I'm tarred with the same affliction as Galted. Even the bummers didn't want my bum.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:09 am

I wonder if Jeff has decided to take the moving stairway at Kings Cross? Sorcery.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:17 am

seanmichaels wrote:I am afraid I'm tarred with the same affliction as Galted. Even the bummers didn't want my bum.

But you made damn sure they got it

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:18 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3226466/How-safe-holiday-destination-animals-deadly-spiders-venomous-snakes-lethal-creatures-lurking-near-hotel-attack.html

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:18 am

Morning.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:25 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3226466/How-safe-holiday-destination-animals-deadly-spiders-venomous-snakes-lethal-creatures-lurking-near-hotel-attack.html

Sean has become infamous as Britain's only threat to tourists

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:28 am

Krestovnikoff said: ‘Stay away from their nests to avoid group attack, but like most animals, they do not generally sting without provocation. Don't run away because they can fly faster than you can run! A moving target often looks more tempting. Crouch low to the ground, stop moving and try to cover your head. If you do get stung, seek medical help immediately.

Bolderdash. Expert my arse. At any DIY shop abroad, you can buy one of of those tennis rackets. Stick your 9v battery in, and lets see who the tough guy is then. Biatch.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:31 am

Krestovnikoff: "Keep your eyes on the shark. If you have a spear or a camera, then use that to aim for its face and gills"

I love that. Yeah, I'll just get my spear out of my wet suit. Failing that, I'll throw my underwater camera at it. That will work.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:33 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Krestovnikoff: "Keep your eyes on the shark. If you have a spear or a camera, then use that to aim for its face and gills"

I love that.  Yeah, I'll just get my spear out of my wet suit.  Failing that, I'll throw my underwater camera at it.  That will work.

It is a nonsense article.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:36 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3226466/How-safe-holiday-destination-animals-deadly-spiders-venomous-snakes-lethal-creatures-lurking-near-hotel-attack.html

Think they couldn't fit all of the Australian ones on that map. Stone fish, great whites here too. Even the perentie has a nasty bite.

Tino, did you hear about the giant species of funnel web they found here a week or two ago a few hours south of Sydney?
They believe it (female) is around 25-30 years old. It was living inside a fallen log. The web burrow was 2-3 metres long.

Weird day here yesterday with Turnbull ambushing Abbott. We are fast becoming the Italy of the Pacific. A much more moderate, articulate and switched on bloke is Malcolm. I used to spend hours looking at his name (embossed in gold?) whilst sitting in detention. 3rd PM from my old skoole.

Palindrome

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Krestovnikoff: "Keep your eyes on the shark. If you have a spear or a camera, then use that to aim for its face and gills"

I love that.  Yeah, I'll just get my spear out of my wet suit.  Failing that, I'll throw my underwater camera at it.  That will work.

Set flash to auto, the flash will scare the shark off. Think outside the box Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:39 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Tino, did you hear about the giant species of funnel web they found here a week or two ago a few hours south of Sydney?
They believe it (female) is around 25-30 years old. It was living inside a fallen log. The web burrow was 2-3 metres long.

I certainly did mate. Read the story from various sources. Even sent it round the office.

They were trying to establish whether it was a brand new species of funnel web weren't they? I haven't seen anything subsequently so not sure if they have confirmed that. Maybe you have heard?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:41 am

seanmichaels wrote:

It is a nonsense article.

Some great pictures though. To a insect geek like me, anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

I certainly did mate.  Read the story from various sources.  Even sent it round the office.

They were trying to establish whether it was a brand new species of funnel web weren't they?  I haven't seen anything subsequently so not sure if they have confirmed that.  Maybe you have heard?

I very much doubt it's a brand new species Tino. It's probably been around for ages, but not been found before. What's wrong with you today? Think before you speak.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

Got a link to that, Tino?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:45 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

I certainly did mate.  Read the story from various sources.  Even sent it round the office.

They were trying to establish whether it was a brand new species of funnel web weren't they?  I haven't seen anything subsequently so not sure if they have confirmed that.  Maybe you have heard?

Actually, I stand corrected. It was a tree-dwelling genus Hadronyche, not the ground-dwelling genus Atrax.

As an aside; I saw an aggressive wasp chasing a magpie in mid air yesterday. The bird was totally freaked out. Not sure who eventually won the dogfight though. (also a hawk of some description separating the weakest pigeon from a flock... such is nature)

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:45 am

Alistair wrote:Got a link to that, Tino?

http://www.livescience.com/52141-new-funnel-web-spider-discovered.html

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3227883/Just-Australia-needed-deadly-spider-Scientists-discover-new-species-funnel-web.html

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:47 am

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/new-species-deadly-funnel-web-spider-discovered-ns/2768507/

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 15 Sep 2015, 9:52 am

Nice!

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next