The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+13
rIck_dAgless
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
superflyweight
Union Cane
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Alistair
Dr Shoe
Mind the windows Tino.
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
17 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'm trying to help Sean, genuinely believe eliminating such phrases from your vocabulary might assist you.

I am very polite in real life. Helped a blind lady on a train yesterday.
She wanted to get into a taxi though

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:47 am

Morning Tina.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 13 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:51 am

You can f*ck off then.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:52 am

Morning Tina

Morning super

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:55 am

Give me a f*cking chance, Super. Morning.

Morning ricK.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:56 am

That's better!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:57 am

Got my leaving presents yesterday. Lovely bottle of special edition Jamesons. Might smash through that tomorrow evening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 25 Sep 2015, 8:59 am

Why not start on it now?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:00 am

Why isn't he typing like this already?

ldshgohsgshgn u 0GU GURGU 9-UGPJV PJ'P9MUV -UG WUG-R9UG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:01 am

Had a bottle of jamesons on Xmas day about 5 years ago. Puked and was in bed by 3pm

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:03 am

superflyweight wrote:Why not start on it now?

Took it home superfly. Also do not want to take the edge off the cocaine.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:16 am

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Why not start on it now?

Took it home superfly. Also do not want to take the edge off the cocaine.
Get the balance right and you'll have a fabulous day....go on, it's not like they can sack you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:17 am

Good thinking Dave. Might nip out and get some crack. Shows them I mean business.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:20 am

Will also make them regret letting you go in the first place

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:28 am

Morning.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:33 am

Determined to not let anything ruin my good mood today. Was not wise to listen to the new Bond theme in view of this

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:38 am

Is it out?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

Is on youtube. Is absolutely f'ing terrible. Makes Skyfall sound like Nobody Does it Better. You'll not manage to listen it to the end.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

Hmm, depends on what your favourite bond themes are, Rowley.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

Live and Let Die, Nobody Does it Better, A View to a Kill and Goldfinger.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:47 am

You sure you haven't listened to the fake ones on YouTube, i can't find it. I got it on the R1 website.

It's very much 'World is Not Enough' territory.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:52 am

It would appear I did Alistair. Will withdraw my previous criticism until I have heard the proper version.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:55 am

Rowley wrote:Live and Let Die, Nobody Does it Better, A View to a Kill and Goldfinger.

What do you reckon to this Jeff - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au9A9ohOtQ8

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:58 am

Can't listen it at work Jules. I have however heard the proper Sam Smith bond theme now. I would like to unwithdraw my previous criticisms, it is a terrible dirge.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 25 Sep 2015, 9:59 am

Rowley wrote:Can't listen it at work Jules. I have however heard the proper Sam Smith bond theme now. I would like to unwithdraw my previous criticisms, it is a terrible dirge.

That link is to 'That Fatal Kiss' - the instrumental B-side to A View To A Kill. You may already have heard it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:01 am

Rowley wrote:Can't listen it at work Jules. I have however heard the proper Sam Smith bond theme now. I would like to unwithdraw my previous criticisms, it is a terrible dirge.

I've only heard a snippet. I'm on the fence personally.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:05 am

Listened to it all on a work collegues spotify, it just does not go anywhere.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:06 am

I did fear that would be the case.

Would've preferred someone a bit different to him.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:10 am

Could have been much worse, could have been One Direction, Jessie J, Rita Ora or f*cking Rihanna!

One year they'll crack and have SLAYER do it

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:12 am

Get Slayer to do the theme. Cast Henry Rollins as the new Bond. Take the series in a slightly darker direction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:14 am

Muse or Radiohead would've been good shouts.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:19 am

Amy Winehouse was meant to be doing one once, went into the studio but was too wrecked to get anything together. She would have been brilliant, she got that whole Shirley Bassey era of music and so would not just have done a second rate pastiche of those themes, which seems to be the trend now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:21 am

She would have been great. So too Al Stewart.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:23 am

Heard Winehouse was on the list, Rowley.

I'm just relieved that Ellie 'Horseface' Goulding didn't whine her way through one.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:33 am

Rowley wrote:Get Slayer to do the theme. Cast Henry Rollins as the new Bond. Take the series in a slightly darker direction.

Who is Henry Rollins?

I've only heard of him as he was sampled on Sy & Joey Riot's "F*cking Sh*t M*sic"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhJwi8Ye27Q

Add that to your playlist for later, Jeff.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:45 am

I think that aha and Manson deserve a bond theme shout out too. 

The living daylights is an under rated classic.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 25 Sep 2015, 10:54 am

I think I've come late tp the party but just in case you guys haven't seen this before

https://youtu.be/-G4Y8JtT1j0

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:13 am

Sean, send hero your pick for the next round. Ditto Rick, all yours were taken. I have not yet received a PM that mine was already taken, which is a surprise.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:16 am

Rebecca Ferguson has that smoky voice that would be perfect...also I have a massive crush on her.

Rollins as Bond,
Zakk Wylde as Q
"What gadget is this?
"It's a beer!"
"What do I do with it?"
"Drink it!"
"Then What?"
"Drink another"

Christina Scabbia as the love interest.
Kerry King as the wacky/incredibly offensive and obnoxious sidekick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:18 am

Adam D wrote:I think that aha and Manson deserve a bond theme shout out too. 

The living daylights is an under rated classic.

When did Marilyn Manson/Charles Manson do the Bond theme?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:24 am

I also have a soft spot for Rebecca Ferguson, Dave.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:26 am

I went to see her once. Got dragged along by TSMR, got howlingly drunk beforehand and slept through the whole thing. Got to say it vastly improved things.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

You missed out, under that scouse accent is the voice of an angel.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:31 am

My old man has got a nice lawnmower, does not mean his garden is any good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:32 am

He should hire a gardener.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:32 am

Rowley wrote:My old man has got a nice lawnmower, does not mean his garden is any good.
If he doesn't use it properly he won't.

Ferguson sings beautifully. Her Ella Fitzgerald covers album is a joy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:34 am

Alistair wrote:He should hire a gardener.
Then he'd have sean sh*gging "fit birds with excellent vitals" on his front lawn then puking up 18 cans of supermarket cider on his roses

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:43 am

I am on it but i think my run for the title may be doomed...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

rick_dagless wrote:I am on it but i think my run for the title may be doomed...

If I don't win ricK, then I really hope you do.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

My chances are gone mate as got nowhere near my first choices for this and next, so up to you to kick on for the culture cup...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

I am still confident I can make a late charge. My classic slice of Northern Soul will almost certainly win the next round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next