The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v Fiji, 1 October

+67
Cyril
kingraf
Blanko
Barney McGrew did it
Chunky Norwich
blackcanelion
Rugby Fan
yappysnap
Breadvan
2ndtimeround
TJ
Coleman
rainbow-warrior
quinsforever
Adam D
Marshes
VinceWLB
Duty281
milkyboy
LondonTiger
RDW
eirebilly
Norfolklass
haircut
aqualung
Heaf
Cardiff Dave
Comfort
lostinwales
hugehandoff
BamBam
doctor_grey
gavstar
glamorganalun
No 7&1/2
mckay1402
Luckless Pedestrian
wrfc1980
Fanster
hjumpshoe
MarcusHalberstram
emack2
Seagultaf
No9
ScarletSpiderman
majesticimperialman
Jhamer25
rodders
GavinDragon
chris_501
kingjohn7
SecretFly
flyhalffactory
fa0019
RubyGuby
TightHEAD
Gooseberry
LordDowlais
offload
Shifty
mikey_dragon
wales606
Happytravelling
bedfordwelsh
carpet baboon
maestegmafia
George Carlin
71 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Wales v Fiji, 1 October - Page 12 Empty Wales v Fiji, 1 October

Post by George Carlin Sun 27 Sep 2015, 6:58 am

First topic message reminder :

Wales v Fiji, 1 October - Page 12 Wales_12  Wales v Fiji, 1 October - Page 12 Fiji_r10
WALES v FIJI
1 October 2015
KO: 16:45
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Live on [tbc]

Referee: John Lacey (Ireland)
Touch judges: Jérôme Garcès (France) & Mathieu Raynal (France)
Television match official: George Ayoub (Australia)

A. Head to Head

10 Played 10
8 Won 1
1 Drawn 1
1 Lost 8
306 Points 132

B. Recent Form

15 November 2014
17 – 13 to Wales

2 October 2011
Waikato Stadium, Hamilton, New Zealand
66 – 0 to Wales

19 November 2010
16 – 16 Draw

29 September 2007
Stade de la Beaujoire, Nantes, France
34 – 38 to Fiji

11 November 2005
11 – 10 to Wales

9 November 2002
58 – 14 to Wales

C. Teams

WALES
Wales v Fiji, 1 October - Page 12 Amybet10
Matthew Morgan, Alex Cuthbert, Tyler Morgan, Jamie Roberts, George North, Dan Biggar, Gareth Davies; Taulupe Faletau, Sam Warburton (captain), Dan Lydiate, Alun-Wyn Jones, Bradley Davies, Tomas Francis, Scott Baldwin, Gethin Jenkins.

Reserves: Ken Owens, Aaron Jarvis, Samson Lee, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, James Hook.

FIJI
Wales v Fiji, 1 October - Page 12 Paulin10
Metuisela Talebula, Timoci Nagusa, Vereniki Goneva, Lepani Botia, Asaeli Tikoirotuma, Ben Volavola, Nemia Kenatale; Netani Talei, Akapusi Qera (captain), Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Leone Nakarawa, Tevita Cavubati, Manasa Saulo, Sunia Koto, Campese Ma'afu.

Reserves: Viliame Veikoso, Peni Ravia, Leeroy Atalifo, Nemia Soqeta, Malakai Ravulo, Henry Seniloli, Joshua Matavesi, Kini Murimurivalu.

Last edited by George Carlin on Wed 30 Sep 2015, 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wales v Fiji, 1 October - Page 12 Empty Re: Wales v Fiji, 1 October

Post by George Carlin Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:44 am

Well done Wales - very, very tough game given your injuries. From a Glasgow perspective I will be delighted to get Nakarawa back but I completely agree that this Fijian side deserved better from this tournament. 

Hope Bath fans enjoy Matawalu - he will be missed in Scotland.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:48 am

rodders wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:You've got to feel sorry for Fiji any other group and they could have qualified for the QF, just no justice in this world sometimes.

Agree - in another day they could have won all their games - they've played some of the best rugby in the competition.

I'm not sure about all their games. England beat them by 24 points. They have been pretty impressive though.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Oct 2015, 10:58 am

It is ludicrous that you have 4 top ten ranked sides all in one group. Each group should have a 1st ranked team and a 2nd ranked team. Fiji would have qualified out of any other group.

We should be now looking at expanding the rugby WC and putting extra sides into it. Russia, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Spain, Kenya, amongst others could easily fill a group and spread the game further.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:04 am

Also, people slagging Hook off, when he came on, for me the man showed composure and class, lets not forget, he came into a game cold, when the tensions were high. He stepped well, and tackled well, for a knock on he can be forgiven.

I would start Hook in the center against Australia.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:08 am

Solid win by Wales, the plan is coming together, sadly I now have to turn my support over to OZ as they need to beat both England and Wales. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:14 am

LordDowlais wrote: Fiji would have qualified out of any other group.

I'll tell you one thing; your group certainly has a high value opinion of itself, Lord.  If there was a cup for self absorbed chat, they'd already have it won.

Fiji would have qualified from any other group?  The one with New Zealand and Argentina?  The one with SA, Samoa and Scotland.  The one with Ireland, France and Canada?

Fiji has scored 11 points against England, 13 against Australia and 13 against Wales.  

Maybe Fiji is simply showing us that the group they are in are full of energetic huff'n'puffers who run around a lot but take a long while to be effective at their gameplans?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:20 am

Why go and spoil it for the romantics FLY - for what its worth Canada and the USA have been playing some great rugby but seem to fall away in the last 30 due to fitness. Up until then the quality and power from both of them has been pretty impressive and for me far more cohesive than that of Fiji.

Even Ireland have shown glimpses that justify they're world ranking:D

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:23 am

Have fiji been that great in all the games? I only caught part of yesterday's game, but from what i've seen, they've finally got themselves a competitive pack but the back play has been poor. It was dire against england. A certain irony in that, as for years we've wondered what they could do with a decent pack. They were good enough to make life difficult for everyone without really threatening to win I thought.

As for the welsh lineout. They got pulled up once for a crooked throw against england, then not long after an identical throw wasn't picked up, in the move that led to the line break and (in the end) crucial 3 points before half time.

So Wales fans spot marler boring in, england fans spot wales crooked lineouts. That's how it is, we're always better at spotting the opposition getting away with something than our own team!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:24 am

I don't think that Fiji would have got out of any group. The reason why Wales are in this situation is that we were outside the top 8 when the pools were drawn. Only ourselves to blame.

The rankings are annoying anyway - does anyone really think we are currently the second best team in the world?
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:28 am

Japan has had its moment of glory...with Eddie Jones kinda spoiling it all with his claptrap between games.

But for me, the 'minnow' side so far of this WC is Canada. Like you say, Ruby - fitness an issue through 80 but they certainly use up every drop of it as effectively as they can.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:30 am

offload wrote:I don't think that Fiji would have got out of any group.

Agree, they might have managed it with an upset

They would however, have finished 3rd in any of the other groups and guaranteed automatic qualification.

They might have qualified from group B by beating Scotland and Samoa, in the other groups they would be a comfortable third (think they would beat Italy)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:33 am

wales606 wrote:

They would however, have finished 3rd in any of the other groups and guaranteed automatic qualification.

They might have qualified from group B by beating Scotland and Samoa, in the other groups they would be a comfortable third (think they would beat Italy)

That's a fair point. I think its unfortunate that Fiji will need to go through qualification.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:39 am

LordDowlais wrote:It is ludicrous that you have 4 top ten ranked sides all in one group. Each group should have a 1st ranked team and a 2nd ranked team. Fiji would have qualified out of any other group.

We should be now looking at expanding the rugby WC and putting extra sides into it. Russia, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Spain, Kenya, amongst others could easily fill a group and spread the game further.

They did. Fiji were a 4th pot team.

The issue is this timing thing for the draw, you ended up with 2 top 4, a top 8 and the 9th highest ranked sides.

I strongly disagree with the contetion the torunament should be extended even putting aside the cost implcications ( NZRFU nearly bankrupted themselves hosting it, and World Rugby has to give millions in welfare top the smaller unions so they can afford to attend).

As with the 6 nations, the super awesome cup of amazeballs ( or whatever the sanzargies call it these days), the super 12, the Euro cup and the Jeff the strength and popularity of these with viewers comes from the competitiveness of them. Even as is there are regular blow outs and no hopers in the comeptition; we are talking about Fiji as an example of hard done by team yet they have lost all their games to date one of them by a big margin and they arent by any stretch the worst team in the group.
The contention that Fiji wouldve qualified form any other group is clear bunk ... theres at least two sides which are better than them in every other pool. Its possible they couldve beaten a top 8 team ..but theyve had 3 attempts so far and failed.

Endless tedious matches between no hopers bloats the competition and turns it into a yawn fest which New Zealand win so long as they dont fall asleep. The nest tier of teams who missed out can barely string toegther a proper professional international side and even those like Namibia who have made it are a noteable gulf behind the Pacifics, Italians and co.
Add extra rounds you also impact the domestic season even more.

Theres no shame in having decent sides not qualify for the quarter finals, so long as the teams that do make it are actually good. Im kind of torn on this group, its been incredibly exciting and full of needle and drama ... but obviously there has to be an issue where theres 3 teams who would go in thinking they should make the quarters as a minimum and a 4th who are an outside shot to do it in a normal group.
The solution to that is sorting out the pools based on rankings closer to the event. Not a complete solution but at least we could get away from the extreme anomoly which happened this year.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gooseberry Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

offload wrote:
wales606 wrote:

That's a fair point.  I think its unfortunate that Fiji will need to go through qualification.

True but then Fijis ofrm has been very up and down the last few decades. They are due to be absolute rubbish again by the next world cup.

Gooseberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

LordDowlais wrote:Also, people slagging Hook off, when he came on, for me the man showed composure and class, lets not forget, he came into a game cold, when the tensions were high. He stepped well, and tackled well, for a knock on he can be forgiven.

Lord, we have often disagreed and that is fine - it is what a debating forum is all about. This statement however is just so wrong on every single level that I am on the verge of going crazy just by reading it! Please retract this wrongful statement.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

LordDowlais wrote:People slagging Hook off, when he came on, for me the man showed composure and class

For me the man showed neither composure nor class.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:46 am

You think Fiji have more chance of beating Scotland than beating Wales..... My god history reveals who are the better team against Southern Hemisphere teams. I know who we want to meet if we get to the quarter finals out of rugbys "holy trinity" and it ain't the host nations or Australia.

If we are truthful and cards both England and Fiji deserved to win against Wales and on most other days they would have.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:46 am

RubyGuby wrote:Why go and spoil it for the romantics FLY - for what its worth Canada and the USA have been playing some great rugby but seem to fall away in the last 30 due to fitness.
thumbsup

is it just fitness? Woodward loves this thing about the game starts with 20 min to go. Between top sides there's never more than a score in it etc. Bench is all important blah blah. Surely there are three factors at play:

1. Fitness levels
2. A softening up process takes place over the course of the game, where the 'lesser' side is doing most of the tackling/chasing/mental fatiguing
3. All players will tire, its when the game slows that gaps are more easily exploited and the better teams/player can show their class.

Anyone can get fit, its the one thing the 'lesser' nations in theory shouldn't have a problem matching... I say in theory as, if they're amateurs/don't have access to better facilities, aren't able to get the group together for as long etc.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:48 am

LordDowlais wrote:Also, people slagging Hook off, when he came on, for me the man showed composure and class, lets not forget, he came into a game cold, when the tensions were high. He stepped well, and tackled well, for a knock on he can be forgiven.

As far as I remember he touched the ball 3 times turning it over every time.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:51 am

flyhalffactory wrote:You think Fiji have more chance of beating Scotland than beating Wales..... My god history reveals who are the better team against Southern Hemisphere teams. I know who we want to meet if we get to the quarter finals out of rugbys "holy trinity" and it ain't the host nations or Australia.

If we are truthful and cards both England and Fiji deserved to win against Wales and on most other days they would have.

Bookies would probably give better odds for a Fiji win over Scotland than Wales.

As for your final statement... Laugh Laugh - I guess it just wasn't 'their day' clap.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:52 am

Gooseberry wrote:
offload wrote:
wales606 wrote:

That's a fair point.  I think its unfortunate that Fiji will need to go through qualification.

True but then Fijis ofrm has been very up and down the last few decades. They are due to be absolute rubbish again by the next world cup.

As a Welsh fan, I know exactly how they feel. Wink
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 11:54 am

TJ wrote:

As far as I remember he touched the ball 3 times turning it over every time.

That's how I remember it too. I often see a lot of Welsh championing him and I just can't fathom what they see in the guy. Must be Ospreys fans... Run

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:10 pm

I agree Mikey. He was my fav player when I spent a bit of time in Wales, but he got found out after two seasons and it was clear a young upstart called Dan Biggar was a much better %ages flyhalf, who even then was a more accurate dead ball kicker.

Hook made three telling contributions when he came, lost the ball in the tackle when he could have set up the try, got turned over, missed tackle. At the most if at all selected he must be on the bench.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:14 pm

Stranger things have happened but could we see 10 Priestland with Biggar and Roberts in the centres?

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:17 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:You think Fiji have more chance of beating Scotland than beating Wales..... My god history reveals who are the better team against Southern Hemisphere teams. I know who we want to meet if we get to the quarter finals out of rugbys "holy trinity" and it ain't the host nations or Australia.

Oh mercy me! On most other days!! what's that all about? If (and it is the biggest if you could ever write) Scotland topped their group you would want to come 2nd to play them it would be the easiest route to the Semi-finals ever. Unfortunately Scotland topping their group if fantasy, have Scotland ever topped a group?
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:23 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:People slagging Hook off, when he came on, for me the man showed composure and class

For me the man showed neither composure nor class.

LP,

Phewwwww I thought I was missing something as there seems to be a lot of posts around saying he was brilliant when he cam on and should be an automatic selection next week at either centre or XV.

I didn't see anything different off him last night from his previous games.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:25 pm

Scotland have a better record against England and Australia over the past 10 years compared to their results against Wales but I can still understand your reasoning FlyHalf as we are down to our bare bones

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:32 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Scotland have a better record against England and Australia over the past 10 years compared to their results against Wales but I can still understand your reasoning FlyHalf as we are down to our bare bones

thumbsup

Only just. Scotland lost 8 times to england in the last 10 years with one draw, and lost 9 times to Wales.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:43 pm

So there Scotland!!!! mad

That puts Scotland back in their box for having the temerity to involve themselves in the discussion between YE GODs of Pool A Wink

Outsiders allowed in by invitation only, factory! Stop trying to gatecrash.

Luckily enough, I'm an old friend of Ruby and he got me a complimentary ticket.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:45 pm

flyhalffactory wrote:I agree Mikey. He was my fav player when I spent a bit of time in Wales, but he got found out after two seasons and it was clear a young upstart called Dan Biggar was a much better %ages flyhalf, who even then was a more accurate dead ball kicker.

Hook made three telling contributions when he came, lost the ball in the tackle when he could have set up the try, got turned over, missed tackle. At the most if at all selected he must be on the bench.

I think the Welsh just love a good broken field runner. Biggar's fly-half skills were a lot better though and I know he had a very professional attitude even at U20 level.

You're right about Hook. I wouldn't have him in the squad never mind the bench. I would rather see Anscombe or Matt Morgan at 23.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:47 pm

Can you read the small print on that Comp Ticket I got you Fly

I do like Tigers 8/10, I guess if its good enough for Whiskas then its good enough for rugby - 9/9 is much better though surely

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:48 pm

SecretFly wrote:

That puts Scotland back in their box for having the temerity to involve themselves in the discussion between YE GODs of Pool A Wink

Outsiders allowed in by invitation only, factory!  Stop trying to gatecrash.

Remember before the tournament when Ireland lost to two of the teams in Pool A? Very Happy

Ireland are a bit crafty. Whilst all the talk is about Pool A, Schmidt's mob are sneaking in under the radar, as are teams like France. I wouldn't like to come up against Ireland IF we make it to the KO stages, they're a smart team who can better expose our weaknesses and injuries. But I'm still confident we can sweep aside France (we have done for the past four years).

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:48 pm

Hook's not even that good a good broken-field runner any more.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:49 pm

I was a bit surprised Hook was on the bench instead of Anscombe given he was dropped from squad before Anscombe, just wondering if he's fully fit.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm

I agree with you all on Hook. Priestland has improved by the looks of it Shocked. I didn't think it was possible for hook to get worse than 2011...but he has. He's been lucky to get contracts in England and France.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:54 pm

mikey_dragon wrote: I wouldn't like to come up against Ireland IF we make it to the KO stages, they're a smart team who can better expose our weaknesses and injuries. But I'm still confident we can sweep aside France (we have done for the past four years).

Feeling is very mutual mike.  Old Gats and his Welsh menace............  not to be welcomed no matter where they might show up!!  I've tons of respect for those Duracel Battery Boys from Company A Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:58 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I agree with you all on Hook. Priestland has improved by the looks of it Shocked. I didn't think it was possible for hook to get worse than 2011...but he has. He's been lucky to get contracts in England and France.

I still wouldn't be overly confident if Priestland was to start or come on too early but he's been good so far when he's had to come one.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 12:59 pm

RubyGuby wrote:Can you read the small print on that Comp Ticket I got you Fly

I do like Tigers 8/10, I guess if its good enough for Whiskas then its good enough for rugby - 9/9 is much better though surely

thumbsup

small print:   It's in Welsh.  Hang on a sec, I'll get my Google Translator running..........................

"arrest the holder of this ticket on sight.  Give him his cigarette request and coup de grâce him forthwith."

Hmmm....................  I think I might see how the Ireland v Italy thread is going on......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Can you read the small print on that Comp Ticket I got you Fly

thumbsup

small print:   It's in Welsh.  Hang on a sec, I'll get my Google Translator running..........................

"arrest the holder of this ticket on sight.  Give him his cigarette request and coup de grâce him forthwith."

Hmmm....................  I think I might see how the Ireland v Italy thread is going on......

thumbsup look out here comes Puff the Magic Dragon Wales Wales Wales Wales Wales

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:03 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Outsiders allowed in by invitation only, factory!  Stop trying to gatecrash.

Remember before the tournament when Ireland lost to two of the teams in Pool A? Very Happy

Ireland are a bit crafty. Whilst all the talk is about Pool A, Schmidt's mob are sneaking in under the radar, as are teams like France. I wouldn't like to come up against Ireland IF we make it to the KO stages, they're a smart team who can better expose our weaknesses and injuries. But I'm still confident we can sweep aside France (we have done for the past four years).

I really hope Wales beat Aus and top the pool, it is our best chance.

Quarter final against Scotland, who we haven't lost to in forever, despite them always being 'dark horses' or 'just about to turn a corner',

Then a semi final against Ireland/France/Argentina, we have beaten Ireland (twice) and France this year so I think I would prefer to face one of them, Argentina are too much of an unknown - they have competed well in the RC, but haven't really played that style against NH opposition much.

I think I might actually prefer Wales v Ireland than France, I just bet France will suddenly turn it on come knockout time.

But anyway, getting ahead of myself. Lets hope Aus can simplify qualification on Saturday, but then we need to beat Aus if we want to go one step (or rather 1pt Wink) better than 4 years ago
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:16 pm

606 yes I'd be confident of beating Scotland in the KO stages too, should both get to that stage Very Happy. I would still be confident if we had to face South Africa, I guess the Wales team would be as well. Although they're a bit of a 'spent force' it would still be a great achievement beating them in a world cup.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:23 pm

It would be a great achievement getting to the 1/4's and enjoying a temporary period at No. 2 in the World however short lived that might be (probably 8 days left there)

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:25 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:606 yes I'd be confident of beating Scotland in the KO stages too, should both get to that stage Very Happy. I would still be confident if we had to face South Africa, I guess the Wales team would be as well. Although they're a bit of a 'spent force' it would still be a great achievement beating them in a world cup.

But then we would have NZ in the semifinal Shocked
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:28 pm

I would like us to beat Australia, purely to put our hoodoo against them to bed.

If we were to beat them. We would reach the final IMO.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:36 pm

I think our only hope of reaching the 1/4s is if Aus beat England and that remains a 50/50

EB

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by screamingaddabs Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:42 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think our only hope of reaching the 1/4s is if Aus beat England and that remains a 50/50

EB

thumbsup

Nah mate, you guys can beat the Aussies. In some ways the injuries have forced you to not play Gatland ball so much. The Aussies can beat Gatland ball, but they might not be able to cope with a different style from what are a talented group of players. Aussies are favourites, but only 60:40.
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 02 Oct 2015, 1:45 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think our only hope of reaching the 1/4s is if Aus beat England and that remains a 50/50

EB

thumbsup

50.5/49.5

Australia get a .5 head start as they have Cheika - a man cut from the same cloth as Gatland.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:01 pm

Wales have been extremely unlucky with injuries and its testament to their solidarity and fitness that has seen them pull out two victories when so many key players are injured. A major factor was the psychological drain of that emotional match against England where they gave their all, I am sure if you had Halfpenny, Foxy Davies, Webb, playing the majority of the match against England then you would have seen a fresh Liam Williams, Scott Williams, Gareth Davies playing the majority of the game against Fiji. Unfortunately five of those key players are out and as no doubt there were physically and emotionally tired players out there against Fiji, and they did extremely well in the circumstances.

Last edited by flyhalffactory on Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:03 pm

Wales on neutral ground. With the spine of the team Hogg, Bennett, Russell (flyhalf of the tournament so far), Denton, "The Grays", and a front row who imho are a quantum leap in front of yours on offer.

I am happy to meet Wales in the quarters
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 02 Oct 2015, 2:07 pm

I don't know why anyone would think we could beat either France or South Africa the way our set pieces have been going.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next