The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

+19
hjumpshoe
Hammersmith harrier
Dolphin Ziggler
hazharrison
milkyboy
Soldier_Of_Fortune
RatBoy66
trottb
Mayweathers cellmate
TopHat24/7
3fingers
Steffan
Nico the gman
AdamT
Lance
kingraf
catchweight
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ...... - Page 3 Empty Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

------

Three champions............Tubbs, Thomas and Spinks.......

January - Remember like it was yesterday debating with guys in High about whether Tubbs speed and footwork would be enough to beat the defensively canny and bigger punching Witherspoon.......Picked Tubbs but it was a 50/50 spread and we all couldn't wait to see what happened... (Witherspoon close decision)

March - We all thought Pinky T was the next great heavy and the talk in high was whether he'd send another message post Weaver to Holmes/ Witherspoon and Spinks that he was the man by stopping the durable and charismatic Berbick........100/0 spread on this fight but it was a fight of interest.....(Berbick close decision)

April - The long awaited rematch between Holmes and Spinks........Would Larry jump on him this time ???.....Was Larry past it ???...What controversial crap would Larry harp on about in the run up ??..Eagerly anticipated rematch.........Probably 80/20 Holmes spread.....(Spinks robbery)......

-----

Only Two champions........................ and by the way one of them apparently fought last night....

Heavyweight is crap.............Blame the actors and not the directors or the Producers.....

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

Post by trottb Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Steffan wrote:
AdamT wrote:Stop pretending to be american
I've had this chat with him but he won't give up Wink

He has nailed the ignorance and stupidity.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

Post by Lance Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:01 pm

This is what happens to unemployed people on a Monday morning. Take it easy on him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Suppose you must think I have real issues Lance, arguing with myself?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Not even you are safe from yourself/him in his/your mood this morning.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:06 pm

Lance wrote:Not even you are safe from yourself/him in his/your mood this morning.

That is funny to be fair.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:19 pm

It goes with all of the divisions, we need promoters that want the champions to fight each other and bring the undisputed champion to the fore. The blind ambition throughout the majority of the promoters is to have their fighter holding a belt and milking it, nothing particularly wrong with that but at some point they have to face their fellow champions and unify. They'll always get split again but as long as fighters/promoters unify then the more the interest in the sport will grow again.

Tyson was obviously a big favourite with casual fans, but he also brought unification fights which brought even more interest. Unify titles and people will watch even more so.

As I've mentioned they will be split and divided up again, but if every 2 to 3 years we have a unification, at all weights, it would help build interest in the sport again.

It's the only way I can see the alphabelts continuing. Boxing is struggling and the only way forward is to bring the individual champions to the table. WBO v IBF, WBA v WBA (or whatever order) winner of each fights each other. The super six didn't really work for me, people pulling out and getting replaced etc. This format is far more interesting and doesn't take quite as long.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:36 pm

Nico the gman wrote:The World Heavyweight title was once the crown jewel of boxing, now its just an embarrassment of a division littered with garbage, what a state its in.

Probably the best post on here..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:01 pm

So a novice Vitali giving Lewis the toughest fight of his life is cast iron evidence for him getting beaten by some 80's bum who's never beaten anyone.

Herbie Hide gave an undefeated Bowe hell for 5 rounds.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Vitali is useless mate. He has no iron jaw or will.

He isn't that tall or hit that hard. Easy work for the schooled heavies.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:07 pm

What a wally...

You mention Vital was a novice and yet mention nothing about Lewis age and condition and the fact VitalI was a last minute sub...

Don't waste my time...

Witherspoon v Holmes...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Lance wrote:Not even you are safe from yourself/him in his/your mood this morning.

clap clap clap clap
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Truss is Mike Tyson the greatest ever?

He made the Gods of the 80's look sh1t

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 pm

This thread is making me laugh

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Singing hey diddle diddle with a kitty in the middle, I was swingin like I didn't care

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:38 pm

Do you not just mean one halfwit??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:41 pm

kingraf wrote:

clap clap clap clap

So I took a big chance at the high school dance, with a miss who was ready to play

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:41 pm

HAHA!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:45 pm

I blame the fat f**ker Tony Tucker in the first place.

Thinking he can be fat and win a heavyweight title. He set the precident.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:46 pm

Tucker wasn't fat....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:47 pm

James Toney would of done well in the 80's Heavyweight scene.

He is also a well schooled fat f...ker.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:49 pm

AdamT wrote:Vitali is useless mate. He has no iron jaw or will.

He isn't that tall or hit that hard. Easy work for the schooled heavies.

I reckon if Vitali was big and had a chin and some power he could've handled that Tubby Page guy from the 80's.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:There are plenty of halfwits on it

Even the halfwits were better in the 80's.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Wasn't me she was foolin cause she knew what she was doin, when she told me how to walk this way

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Tyson showed what Tubbs was made of.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:15 pm

In all seriousness...I think TNT would out point Vitali to a UD. Wlad...am not so sure.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Well done soldier boy

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Anybody other than Truss, were the 80's heavyweights really that great?

F..k I always see historians putting Tyson down saying, he lost to very good fighter he faced other than the old Holmes, or light Heavy Spinks.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Never said the 80s were great...

But heavyweights like Dokes, Tate, Biggs, Tubbs, Page, Witherspoon etc were well schooled and all had long succesful amateur careers before turning pro..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:55 pm

I'm a quarterwit. Can I join in, or will the weight of the intellectual debate emotionally crush me?

The 80's heavies had talent but were porky coke sniffers, and most of them, tucker aside,  weren't very big.  It's hard to say whether tubbs beats vitali... an in-shape tubbs was possibly capable of it... but we never saw an in-shape tubbs so it's guesswork. Vitali was fit, big strong and tough with a great chin. I don't imagine he's an easy fight for anyone.

tokyo buster beats him, early witherspoon could, tubbs potentially could nick a decision

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm

He was in shape against Smith, Bowe and Page....

Quarter wit is about right.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Both brothers are sh1t then.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He was in shape against Smith, Bowe and Page....

Quarter wit is about right.

my quarter beats your fc uk

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Th 80's was an awful HW era, that's why the short school kid managed to clean up so easily.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for your opinion....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Th 80's was an awful HW era, that's why the short school kid managed to clean up so easily.

My uncle is a massive Mike Tyson fan i might say that to him just to see the anger in his eyes

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:43 pm

Mayweathers cellmate wrote:Th 80's was an awful HW era, that's why the short school kid managed to clean up so easily.
If the short school kid was around in this era he would retire at 22, would have wiped the division out by then, only so many puddings you can knock out in a bum division.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Spot on Nico.....

Bruno would clean up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Bruno hahaha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Rewatched the Vitali Lewis fight yesterday. Had forgotten just how abysmal Vitali looked once Lewis went on the front foot. It wasn't just the cut. Vitali timing was awful once Lewis got out of first gear. A fitter Lewis knocks him out easily

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 pm

The 80s was never considered a great heavyweight era. Not sure where this is coming from. It had talent though, even if a lot of it went unrealised or was wasted. Back then there were a lot of talented heavyweights who struggled to stay dedictated, motivated and in shape. Now there are just generally untalented heavyweight who struggle to stay dedicated, motivated and in shape. The talent is gone.

With regards Vitali v Lewis. Is there a more damning indictment of Vitalis touted greatness as a heavyweigh that he couldnt get the job done against a fat, old and unmotivated Lewis? Lewis showed up in about the poorest condition he had ever been in. He was expecting a cakewalk. His motivation was all but gone. For the first three rounds of the fight he was asleep. Heeventually woke up and even in his poor condition he started taking control of the fight. If Vitali was a great heavyweight boxer he would have made short work of that Lewis who showed up. A Tyson, Foreman, Frazier etc would have knocked that version of Lewis out in 3 rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:31 pm

No one suggested the 80's was a great era for Heavies...

More schooled than the heavies around now though.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one suggested the 80's was a great era for Heavies...

More schooled than the heavies around now though.

I think i could beat some of the dross today did anyone se Chisora the other night utter shambles looked like he had trained for 8 in KFC and fought like it too

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 pm

It's a crying shame wheels...How pitiful heavy is..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Chisora weighed 260lbs it made James Toney look slim

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:49 pm

He has me by 25 pounds. I need to diet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:36 pm

Watched Tubbs again Truss. He was well schooled.

He can box better than the brothers, but their size and power would cause him problems.

I knew he was fast, but didn't realise how fast he was. In his early career he can box for sure.

I hold my hands up, I was wrong.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Takes a good man to be wrong and admit it..

Me....It's good to be Bad !!!... devil

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:45 pm

catchweight wrote:The 80s was never considered a great heavyweight era. Not sure where this is coming from. It had talent though, even if a lot of it went unrealised or was wasted. Back then there were a lot of talented heavyweights who struggled to stay dedictated, motivated and in shape. Now there are just generally untalented heavyweight who struggle to stay dedicated, motivated and in shape. The talent is gone.

With regards Vitali v Lewis. Is there a more damning indictment of Vitalis touted greatness as a heavyweigh that he couldnt get the job done against a fat, old and unmotivated Lewis? Lewis showed up in about the poorest condition he had ever been in. He was expecting a cakewalk. His motivation was all but gone. For the first three rounds of the fight he was asleep. Heeventually woke up and even in his poor condition he started taking control of the fight. If Vitali was a great heavyweight boxer he would have made short work of that Lewis who showed up. A Tyson, Foreman, Frazier etc would have knocked that version of Lewis out in 3 rounds.

Having watched Lewis from the get-go, I believe he was shot against Vitali. He lacked his usual snap, timing and rhythm.

He was training for Kirk Johnson (you can't blame a man for skipping a few runs when that's all you're up against).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:19 pm

For those in here actually debating, I say thank you

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:23 pm

hazharrison wrote:
catchweight wrote:The 80s was never considered a great heavyweight era. Not sure where this is coming from. It had talent though, even if a lot of it went unrealised or was wasted. Back then there were a lot of talented heavyweights who struggled to stay dedictated, motivated and in shape. Now there are just generally untalented heavyweight who struggle to stay dedicated, motivated and in shape. The talent is gone.

Having watched Lewis from the get-go, I believe he was shot against Vitali. He lacked his usual snap, timing and rhythm.

He was training for Kirk Johnson (you can't blame a man for skipping a few runs when that's all you're up against).

I don't think he was shot he just lacked motivation and did not train for the reasons you have stated

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next