The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

+19
hjumpshoe
Hammersmith harrier
Dolphin Ziggler
hazharrison
milkyboy
Soldier_Of_Fortune
RatBoy66
trottb
Mayweathers cellmate
TopHat24/7
3fingers
Steffan
Nico the gman
AdamT
Lance
kingraf
catchweight
wheelchair1991
TRUSSMAN66
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ...... - Page 2 Empty Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

------

Three champions............Tubbs, Thomas and Spinks.......

January - Remember like it was yesterday debating with guys in High about whether Tubbs speed and footwork would be enough to beat the defensively canny and bigger punching Witherspoon.......Picked Tubbs but it was a 50/50 spread and we all couldn't wait to see what happened... (Witherspoon close decision)

March - We all thought Pinky T was the next great heavy and the talk in high was whether he'd send another message post Weaver to Holmes/ Witherspoon and Spinks that he was the man by stopping the durable and charismatic Berbick........100/0 spread on this fight but it was a fight of interest.....(Berbick close decision)

April - The long awaited rematch between Holmes and Spinks........Would Larry jump on him this time ???.....Was Larry past it ???...What controversial crap would Larry harp on about in the run up ??..Eagerly anticipated rematch.........Probably 80/20 Holmes spread.....(Spinks robbery)......

-----

Only Two champions........................ and by the way one of them apparently fought last night....

Heavyweight is crap.............Blame the actors and not the directors or the Producers.....

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think I actually saw the 38 yr old, unmotivated, sluggish Lewis actually miss with a punch he threw at Vitali..
No, that was Lewis raising his arms in victory at the end.

Back to top Go down

Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Death of the Heavy division - Can't blame the Alphabets !! ......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Loved to have seen the lumbering, straight line, face first muppet fight a prime George Foreman........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:09 pm

You do realise I have also Seen Tubbs and some of them other lumps on film?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:11 pm

Have you.........

Yes they were all garbage.....

Witherspoon v Sam Peter would definitely be pickem... Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:25 pm

They were pretty garbage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:27 pm

Is that it ???...Maybe you should jog on.....

Name me one opponent Wlad's beat Witherspoon couldn't have..??

Name me one opponent in Witherspoon's class....??

I know I'm wasting my time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:31 pm

Were we not talking about Tubbs a minute ago?

I never mentioned Witherspoon.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Why did you say "They were garbage then" ???????

Give me a fighter in Tubbs league and what fights have you seen Tubbs in..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Truss there is a reason many don't have the knowledge of 80's heavies.

I am hardly going to waste my time watching all of Tubbs. Better fighters and eras to watch in my spare time.

To answer your question I have seen his fights with Tyson and Bowe.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:36 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Loved to have seen the lumbering, straight line, face first muppet fight a prime George Foreman........

Would love to have seen PBF fight a prime SRL or Tommy Hearns......sadly, we don't get to turn back time and match-make fights to suit today's arguments.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:37 pm

Tophat do you think all these 80's fighters smash the brothers?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:40 pm

AdamT wrote:Truss there is a reason many don't have the knowledge of 80's heavies.

I am hardly going to waste my time watching all of Tubbs. Better fighters and eras to watch in my spare time.

To answer your question I have seen his fights with Tyson and Bowe.

So he beat an unbeaten Bowe and lost to Tyson and he's garbage......

You haven't seen him dominate Page, Smith and others with his speed, footwork and jab.....

You can't tell me a fighter Wlad has beat in his league and yet him Thomas and Witherspoon are all garbage..

So in conclusion you're not to be taken seriously on this subject........Glad we sorted that out.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:40 pm

AdamT wrote:Tophat do you think all these 80's fighters smash the brothers?

He's never heard of any......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:45 pm

Do you think Tubbs could of given Lewis a good fight? Vitali did.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:46 pm

No he's garbage..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Think they were, in the majority, better than the dross we've around today. But I've seen nothing to suggest they're materially better than either K. None of them are better than 50:50 (and by 'them' I'm exclusing Holmes & Tyson obvs) with either brother. Povetkin is probably the 3rd best heavy of this era (after the Ks) and I doubt he'd win more than 40% of his fights against the second tier guys of the 80s.

But that doesn't mean they'd all be swatting away Vit's iron chin & relentless will. Or Wlad's brutal power & efficiency. Both of which come in 6'6" 245lb athletic packages (not the chubsters Truss fawns over).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:47 pm

Vitali would beat the sh1t out of every 80's heavy not named Tyson and Holmes.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:48 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

But that doesn't mean they'd all be swatting away Vit's iron chin & relentless will.  Or Wlad's brutal power & efficiency.  Both of which come in 6'6" 245lb athletic packages (not the chubsters Truss fawns over).

Nail in the head for me. Powerful monsters. Especially Vitali, he was an animal.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 pm

Let's leave it......I've wasted enough time thinking you know something about what you're writing about....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:52 pm

You know that Tubbs would lose to Vitali, just don't want to admit because he is from your youth.

If he was that good Tyson wouldn't have blew him over the way he did.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let's leave it......I've wasted enough time thinking you know something about what you're writing about....

Look forward to your pro-longed absence from the off topic board then......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:55 pm

AdamT wrote:You know that Tubbs would lose to Vitali, just don't want to admit because he is from your youth.

If he was that good Tyson wouldn't have blew him over the way he did.

I'll ignore the village idiot.....

Yes Adam you've found me out...........The top class amateur.......with lightning fast hands...Quality footwork that beat Smith, Page and Bowe and had an engine that can go for 15 rounds would be putty in Vitali's hands..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:57 pm

Tubbs can box but Vitali is a much bigger man.

Tyson himself was quoted saying both brothers would be very difficult, due to there sheer size and athletism.

I think Tyson knows a thing or 2.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:59 pm

I tell you what. I will watch more of Tubbs and come back and give an honest assesment.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 pm

AdamT wrote:I tell you what. I will watch more of Tubbs and come back and give an honest assesment.

I think it's best..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 pm

You mean a changed assessment. Otherwise it won't count......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Can I ask you a question?

You ask me who Wlad has beat the level of Tubbs.

You have a habit of putting Duran down.

Who has Floyd beat that suggests he can beat Duran?

The fight for me is close to 50/50 but have seen you rubbishing Duran before.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'll ignore the village idiot.....
Come on now Truss play nicely...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Somebodies happy today.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Floyd has fought nobody as good as Duran and nobody as good as the top guys Duran beat.

But that doesn't matter, as that's not how Truss cuts his argument for that debate.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Duran fought nobody as good as Floyd at 135...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 pm

Lance wrote:Somebodies happy today.
Probably gutted his adopted nation lost to little ol' Wales in rugby  Cool

Maybe the Yanks will be good at rugby one day...

I loved the 90s for heavyweight boxing

Doesn't get talked about enough in my opinion

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Steffan wrote:
Lance wrote:Somebodies happy today.
Probably gutted his adopted nation lost to little ol' Wales in rugby  Cool

Maybe the Yanks will be good at rugby one day...

Maybe you should wait for Wales to win the cup before getting too excited.........Don't care who wins it to be honest......Stupid game.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Duran fought nobody as good as Floyd at 135...

Flipp..flop..flip..flop..

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 pm

Has FLoyd ever beat anyone the caliber of Leonard. Would love to see how Floyd would do upa t Middle or Super Middle.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 pm

AdamT wrote:Has FLoyd ever beat anyone the caliber of Leonard. Would love to see how Floyd would do upa t Middle or Super Middle.

Never suggested Floyd beats Leonard....Redundant argument...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:16 pm

It isn't. You asked me who has Wlad beat, to suggest he couldn't beat Tubbs.

I am doing the same with Duran.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe you should wait for Wales to win the cup before getting too excited.........Don't care who wins it to be honest......Stupid game.
Given Wales absurd injury list I find it very unlikely we will win this years world cup. Not as stupid or as over complicated as American Football though... (Bring on the defense players...22, 81, 46, 78, 15 HUT HUT HUT)

For anyone interested in 1990s Heavyweight boxing check out the video archives I did a few years back. Highlights of some top matches on that thread

https://www.606v2.com/t21735-1990s-heavyweight-boxing-highlights

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm

I asked who he'd beat in Tubbs league...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Would David Haye not class as Tubbs league, or close?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 pm

AdamT wrote:Would David Haye not class as Tubbs league, or close?

Not in TRUSS's eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:36 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Not in TRUSS's eyes

Beat some zombified giant.......Beat the awful Harrison and Ruiz.................and then lost every round running like a thief against the only decent heavy he faced...

Thought the comparison with Tubbs was a joke....But you and Adam seem to be taking it seriously..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:38 pm

Always playing the opposition card. Well take off Floyd from your top ten. He didn't fight all that great fighters, in their primes.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Not in TRUSS's eyes

Beat some zombified giant.......Beat the awful Harrison and Ruiz.................and then lost every round running like a thief against the only decent heavy he faced...

Thought the comparison with Tubbs was a joke....But you and Adam seem to be taking it seriously..
Steady on big man, I'm not saying anything, I'm merely trying to steer Alistair away from a topic that will provoke your ire! As much as I like Haye, I'm aware he doesn't have the HW resume of Tubbs and wouldn't suggest otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:42 pm

AdamT wrote:Always playing the opposition card. Well take off Floyd from your top ten. He didn't fight all that great fighters, in their primes.

100% consistent....and always have been.........

Take Mayweather out of the top 10...............Take Louis out too !!...He beat sack all..

Do me a favor next time you debate with me about fighters from the 80s..Try watching them first..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Beat some zombified giant.......
This did make me chuckle fair do laughing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:44 pm

I will watch some, but to be fair why watch Tubbs when I can watch a REAL great called Tyson.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 pm

AdamT wrote:I will watch some, but to be fair why watch Tubbs when I can watch a REAL great called Tyson.

She starts swingin with the boys in the school, with her feet flyin up in the air

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:52 pm

I can debate all I want.

Last edited by AdamT on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 pm

AdamT wrote:Stop pretending to be american
I've had this chat with him but he won't give up Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next