The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+14
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Hibbz
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
superflyweight
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Dolphin Ziggler
Alistair
seanmichaels
18 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Daddy long legs are a nightmare for cricket groundsman. Their larvae are called Leatherjackets feed on the roots of the grass and can devastate the square. Season is done but the crows are digging up the bastards on my square at the moment.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 16 Oct 2015, 8:39 am

Morning Jeff and Jules. Best of luck for your interview mate. Quiet morning at work only 50 odd people in so far.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 16 Oct 2015, 8:42 am

Morning flipper

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:04 am

I have quizzes to test out later

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:33 am

I've hardly been on here the last few weeks and I thought there'd be much panic and clamour regarding my whereabouts. Instead, you're admiring Julius's versesmithery.

You're all bastards. *

* except for Jeff.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 9:36 am

Morning.

Good luck, Rowley.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 10:35 am

Morning all, good luck Rowley, screw you and your selfish narcissistic attitude, Galted.

Everyone on the Apprentice is a c*nt!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:03 am

Wonder where my badge has gone?

I would wish Jeff good luck but I am sure such wishes of random chance are beneath him and he will do will regardless...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

rick_dagless wrote:Wonder where my badge has gone?

I would wish Jeff good luck but I am sure such wishes of random chance are beneath him and he will do will regardless...

There's also the very distinct possibility that by the time he's read your good wishes he'll have grown tired of this new job and be on the lookout for someone else who'll allow him to toss it off to the degree that he'd become accustomed to. Feckless waster!

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 11:45 am

He does seem to be treating working with some g@y abandon...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:04 pm

Much like Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:07 pm

I'll set 'em up DAVE...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:44 pm

Morning all

Where's yer quiz, Richard?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:46 pm

Afternoon Union, any preference for subject matter? (i generally use the old Trivial Pursuit categorys)

I.e. Sport, TEch, Sci/Nat, His, TV/films/games, Geo, Trivia, Art and lit

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:53 pm

Shall we start with sport?

Not been around for a bit, anything good happened?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 12:59 pm

Sport below: Not really mate Jeff interviewing for a new role is about the highlight, sean getting a new flat and job and some bunce from his old role... Jules performing his first live poetry recital of some pretty dark poetry he has written is another...

What fruit would you find on top of the mens singles trophy at the Wimbledon Tennis Tournement?

Ronda Roussey is a world Champion (at time of writing in August 2015) and a well known name in which sport?

A "toxophilist" is a participant of which sport/Pastime

Who is/was the  PDC world darts Champion for 2015-2016?

Duke Kahanamoku who was an olympic swimming champion for America in the early 20th Century  is widely regarded as the father of which other sport?

How long around, at the inner, is the velodrome track used for Olympic and world cycling championships?

Which Cricketing nation was first granted test status in the year 2000

The image of which boxer appears on the cover of the Beatles 'Sergeant Pepper' album?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:04 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Sport below: Not really mate Jeff interviewing for a new role is about the highlight, sean getting a new flat and job and some bunce from his old role...  Jules performing his first live poetry recital of some pretty dark poetry he has written is another...

What fruit would you find on top of the mens singles trophy at the Wimbledon Tennis Tournement? Pineapple
Ronda Roussey is a world Champion (at time of writing in August 2015) and a well known name in which sport? MMA
A "toxophilist" is a participant of which sport/Pastime

Who is/was the  PDC world darts Champion for 2015-2016? Scottish guy - Anderson or something.

Duke Kahanamoku who was an olympic swimming champion for America in the early 20th Century  is widely regarded as the father of which other sport?

How long around, at the inner, is the velodrome track used for Olympic and world cycling championships? 250 metres

Which Cricketing nation was first granted test status in the year 2000 Bangladesh

The image of which boxer appears on the cover of the Beatles 'Sergeant Pepper' album?
Will guess Ali.

Last edited by superflyweight on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:05 pm

Darts is Gary Anderson
Ronda Rousey is UFC
The boxer on Sgt Pepper is surely Ali

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

I did a sean

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

Wimbledon - Pineapple?
Rhonda - MMA?
Pepper album - Ali?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:06 pm

[quote="superflyweight"]I did a sean/quote]

A classic Michaelsing of the quote function

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:07 pm

Raspberry?
UFC
Archery
Gary Anderson
Surfing
500m
Bangladesh
Ali

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:11 pm

What fruit would you find on top of the mens singles trophy at the Wimbledon Tennis Tournement? Pineapple (super)
Ronda Roussey is a world Champion (at time of writing in August 2015) and a well known name in which sport? MMA Super
A "toxophilist" is a participant of which sport/Pastime - Archery Alistair

Who is/was the  PDC world darts Champion for 2015-2016? Scottish guy - Gary Anderson - Jeffers.

Duke Kahanamoku who was an olympic swimming champion for America in the early 20th Century  is widely regarded as the father of which other sport? - surfing Alistair

How long around, at the inner, is the velodrome track used for Olympic and world cycling championships? 250 metres - super

Which Cricketing nation was first granted test status in the year 2000 Bangladesh - super

The image of which boxer appears on the cover of the Beatles 'Sergeant Pepper' album? - all Sonny Liston - Jeff

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:13 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Who is/was the  PDC world darts Champion for 2015-2016? Scottish guy - Gary Anderson - Alistair/supes.

So how does this work Rick, traditionally the person that answers correctly first gets the credit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:14 pm

Edited - apologies Jeffers

Surprised with all the music and boxing fans that the Sgt Peppers question has not been answered correctly

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm

Our 'Enery?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:16 pm

Nope - it is a boxer linked with Ali especially in most casuals minds...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

Just looked it up. Can't say it would have been an immediate guess but does make some sense given the times.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

Ah, looked it up, would never have got that. Beatles are crap anyway.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:18 pm

Joe Frazier?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:20 pm

If I we were being picky he is linked to Clay rather than Ali

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:20 pm

Liston then

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:21 pm

Yup Spot on Jeff

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:29 pm

I have about half an hour if you want a different category?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:31 pm

MORE MORE MORE

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:31 pm

Pick a category flipper...

Sport, TEch, Sci/Nat, His, TV/films/games, Geo, Trivia, Art and lit

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:32 pm

Save sci/nat for when tino is around. Id say TV/films/Games

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:32 pm

Which Award Winning Computer game series is based around adventures in the Kingdom of Hyrule?

Who presented the original series of the Crystal Maze on British T.V. - Richard O'Brien Jeff

In which series of films are the main protagonists called  "Xenomorphs"?

In which Film(s) does Bruce Willis play a cop called John Hartigan?

Which TV programme follows the adventures of Harold Finch and John Reese as they stop crime assisted by an Artificial Intelligence which monitors all global communications

"In which fictional city in Rhode Island does the Griffin family live in the Family Guy TV cartoon series?
"

In the recent 2015 hit Film Avenges: Age of Ultron, which actor voiced the robot Ultron?

IN which computer game were the heroes protagonists called, Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:35 pm

Crystal Maze was Richard O'Brien

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:36 pm

1. Zelda?

Willis is Sin City

Family Guy is Quahog

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:36 pm

Jeff got the only one I know.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:37 pm

Which Award Winning Computer game series is based around adventures in the Kingdom of Hyrule? Zelda - Dolph

Who presented the original series of the Crystal Maze on British T.V. Richard o'brien Jeff

In which series of films are the main protagonists called "Xenomorphs"? Alien Quadrilogy - Rick

In which Film(s) does Bruce Willis play a cop called John Hartigan? Sin City - Dolph

Which TV programme follows the adventures of Harold Finch and John Reese as they stop crime assisted by an Artificial Intelligence which monitors all global communications - Person of Interest - Alistair

"In which fictional city in Rhode Island does the Griffin family live in the Family Guy TV cartoon series? Quahog - Dolph
"

In the recent 2015 hit Film Avenges: Age of Ultron, which actor voiced the robot Ultron? James Spader - Alistair

IN which computer game were the heroes protagonists called, Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde? Pacman - Flipper

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

IN which computer game were the heroes protagonists called, Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde?

Were they not the Ant Hill Mob in Wacky Races?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm

I think I know the last one too...Pac Man?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:41 pm

Pac Man

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bollocks, too slow)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:42 pm

James Spader is Ultron

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:42 pm

TV Show is Person of Interest.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:44 pm

One left then someone else can tag in

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:49 pm

Ah, just googled it. Wouldn't have got that.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:49 pm

Done, well played chaps

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:49 pm

Predator?

Last edited by Union Cane on Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For the sake of fuck, too slow again, and wrong.)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next