The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+14
Galted
rIck_dAgless
Hibbz
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
superflyweight
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Dolphin Ziggler
Alistair
seanmichaels
18 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Thu 01 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Daddy long legs are a nightmare for cricket groundsman. Their larvae are called Leatherjackets feed on the roots of the grass and can devastate the square. Season is done but the crows are digging up the bastards on my square at the moment.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 16 Oct 2015, 1:52 pm

I hope you have all been mentally enriched by the experience...

I will do more next week if anyone fancies it, have a good old weekend.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:27 pm

I'm sorry, Shah, but GreenGoblin wont be able to reply as he has gone n gotten banned.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:38 pm

Careful, Dolphin....waving your wand of power, you'll become a Martyr...

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:39 pm

Pineapple.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:40 pm

When is your Poem reading, Jules?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 16 Oct 2015, 2:53 pm

Should have left him mate would have been funny watching him lose his nut

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:24 pm

Alistair wrote:When is your Poem reading, Jules?

It was on Wednesday evening

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:48 pm

How did it go mate?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:51 pm

It went pretty well. It was very much amateur night - everyone enthusiastic but with varying degrees of quality. Mine seemed do go down pretty well, people commented that it was very good and that I read it out really well.
I'm not that fussed by the 'performing' part of it, but it's nice to get my own stuff heard, even by a small group of people.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:53 pm

Looks like I missed Shah's 10,000th, was the occasion marked in any way?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 16 Oct 2015, 3:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It went pretty well. It was very much amateur night - everyone enthusiastic but with varying degrees of quality. Mine seemed do go down pretty well, people commented that it was very good and that I read it out really well.
I'm not that fussed by the 'performing' part of it, but it's nice to get my own stuff heard, even by a small group of people.
Well done on reading well  OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Oct 2015, 4:03 pm

Union Cane wrote:Looks like I missed Shah's 10,000th, was the occasion marked in any way?

Probably some extreme verbal abuse directed at sean.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 16 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm

Congrats mate. You enjoyed it so it all went well. My one and only appearance on the stage went disastrously. I was one of the wise men in a nativity play in year 4 and ended up getting into a ruck with the guy playing Joseph who kept on teasing me about my traditional eastern robes making me look like Aladdin. Two years ban from the cricket team.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 16 Oct 2015, 4:09 pm

Good to hear it went well, Jules.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:38 am

Fist, morning Shah (maybe DAVE/TLD?)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:43 am

Morning Rick the Wick

Mildly chilly but tolerable. Not jacket times as of yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCpeIKVIHbY

This is what I need

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:50 am

Quite an odd video to start the day mate, but I can see your point...

Farily pleasant here at the moment.

Good weekend?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Oct 2015, 6:54 am

Spent most of it drifting in and out of sleep but did discover a couple of authors so was pretty pleasant. How about yours?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:05 am

Pretty good, to be honest finalised some stuff for mates wedding and then chilled.

Which authors?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:10 am

John Flanagan - Particularly his new series - brotherband and Sean Russell - Swans war series. Also rediscovered farlands - Runelords Series. All in all a few good reads.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 7:28 am

Just had a gander at the runelords series on wiki, looks pretty much up my street, may check it out.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:04 am

Morning all, spent the weekend decorating the back bedroom, dull but it does look better, shows my boxing book collection off to stunning effect.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:16 am

Morning.

Inauspicious start to the working week. Had the unenviable task of listening to the upstairs neighbour getting banged for at least half an hour this morning. Not sure I can cope with the rate he was going at it if that's the norm nowadays.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:40 am

Morning Jeff and Sean, How did your interview go jazzy jeff? Sorry to hear that sean but as the receptacle it should have no effect on you whatsoever.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:46 am

Morning Jeff - slightly better for Dinno this week, but still no victiory, did you go?

Morning sean, bet you still managed to crank one out to it I suspect?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:56 am

Didn't go Rick, was painting. Interview went well, she is just deciding if they are busy enough to justify the expense, so got to wait and see what happens.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:58 am

Bit disappointed actually. She had potential and I had assumed she was single. Certainly not seen a bloke around although haven't been there much. I suppose she could have been tuning herself up, albeit rather vigorously.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:28 am

Chances are she was just making sex noises to give Sean the impression she had a partner and thus make a pre-emptive fending off of his inevitable drunken advances.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:39 am

DAVE667 wrote:Chances are she was just making sex noises to give Sean the impression she had a partner and thus make a pre-emptive fending off of his inevitable drunken advances.

That or headbutting the floorboards.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:44 am

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Chances are she was just making sex noises to give Sean the impression she had a partner and thus make a pre-emptive fending off of his inevitable drunken advances.

That or headbutting the floorboards.
Or maybe she gathered that you "fancied a crack" and was trying to commit suicide but making it look like murder to have you locked up and save countless women from your sweaty clutches.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:45 am

I am not a sweaty person.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:42 am

seanmichaels wrote:I am not a sweaty person.

So you're the one who tried it on with Bob. No wonder he never came back.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:18 pm

Turgid on here.

Chinese chicken and sweetcorn soup, egg and cress sarnie, Worcester Sauce Frence Fries - 8/10

Last edited by rick_dagless on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:20 pm

Afternoon.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:22 pm

Ham Salad sarnie and Alpen Jaffa Cake Bar. Tolerable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

Got to walk to the shops for my lunch, thinking a Sainsbury's Tuna Sub, some Thai Sweet Chilli Crisps, bottle of coke and potentially a couple of pork pies.

Last edited by Alistair on Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:27 pm

Afternoon Alistair

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:28 pm

A bit muggy here. Real arthropod weather.

When I got home early hours Sunday there was this smallish X shaped spider between the security screen door and the front door. Nice balmy breeze there. Also a smart move if some unfortunate prey gets in under the bottom of the door and then decides to walk/flu upwards.

Here it is... a Net Casting Spider

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:33 pm

Alistair wrote:Afternoon.

Some afternoon reading for you Alistair: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/john-f-kennedys-assassination-photo-showing-lee-harvey-oswald-with-gun-used-to-kill-former-president-a6699751.html

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:39 pm

How do, Rick.

Funny weekend story. Mate of mine has been sitting on a small fortune in his betting account. Saturday evening he decides he's going to put a bet on Arsenal to beat Watford when it was 0-0, just a small £65 bet. He walks away, off to the pub, Arsenal get a goal and he has a look at the cash out '£315', he goes to hit the cash out button, but then realises the cash out is more than his total winnings, he checks his bet and realises he put £655 on the win! Lucky for him it came in!

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:56 pm

Sounds almost Michaels-esque in its unbelievability

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:58 pm

Did he cash out or leave it?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:59 pm

Afternoon DAVE, you haven't been in Pudsey have you?

Someone has been stabbed up there and it is causing all kinds of traffic problems...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:08 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Did he cash out or leave it?

Left it, he was £350 down when he looked at the cash out so had to let it run.

It's legit, Dave. I saw the £1029 balance.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:09 pm

Not me mate, too busy causing traffic chaos elsewhere

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:13 pm

Thought the work was a bit sloppy to be your usual M.O. but thought I would ask...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:14 pm

Described by reporters as "an homage to a more proficient practitioner"

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:15 pm

Ploughmans roll, Ham and Mustard crisps, Pot of edimame, bag of grapes, bottle of sparkling mineral water and a packet of fruit gums.
8/10

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:17 pm

Nice touch on that actor Dave. Swapping the stunt knife for a butcher's special. Poor sod got a surprise slitting his own throat.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 19 Oct 2015, 1:23 pm

Music Cup results are up, thank you to all that took part either with nominations or voting!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next