The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+12
Adam D
1GrumpyGolfer
Dr Shoe
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Galted
Rowley
Alistair
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
16 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Fri 06 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Loaded Dog wrote:I haven't seen Altar of Plagues but my dentist reckons they're OK.
It's disappointing on so many levels, LD.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:26 am

sean wrote:Jonah Lomu Rugby on Playstation was legendary

Lovely homage sean...

sean wrote:Question, is there an upmarket version of Centre Parcs? Just trying to think of something that would replicate the cruise 'all in' experience but UK based.

You are probably looking for a spa week sean,

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:46 am

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:Question, is there an upmarket version of Centre Parcs? Just trying to think of something that would replicate the cruise 'all in' experience but UK based.

You are probably looking for a spa week sean,

It isn't for me. I was thinking more the entertainment and all inclusive food. Spa's are a bit poncey / for birds aren't they?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:52 am

sean wrote:It isn't for me. I was thinking more the entertainment and all inclusive food. Spa's are a bit poncey / for birds aren't they?

You are aiming for something very specific mate, you want upmarket and not poncey, cruise like, but on land...

I think Butlins has pulled it's socks up recently...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:54 am

Yes I suppose so.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 8:57 am

Try this

http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weekends/90s-reloaded.aspx

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:03 am

As well as my fantastic musical taste, one of my favourite albums of all time was 1996's Clutching at Straws by Marillion (I know - I couldnt get any cooler!).

Anyway, I was listening to it this morning and one of the best tracks on there was White Russian. On listening through, this was one of the lines:

"Terror in Rue de St. Denis, murder on the periphery "

Bit spooky!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:06 am

rick_dagless wrote:Try this

http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weekends/90s-reloaded.aspx

Not convinced the old man would be into Ibiza reloaded!

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:08 am

http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weekends/soul-weekenders.aspx

How about this?

Maybe there is a jazz one too.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:24 am

Adam D wrote:As well as my fantastic musical taste, one of my favourite albums of all time was 1996's Clutching at Straws by Marillion (I know - I couldnt get any cooler!).

Anyway, I was listening to it this morning and one of the best tracks on there was White Russian. On listening through, this was one of the lines:

"Terror in Rue de St. Denis, murder on the periphery "

Bit spooky!

Don't let ONEBALL get wind of this. He'll get a massive stiffy and then go into tinfoil hat overdrive.

The massive knobber.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:50 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muppet,_Shetland

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 18 Nov 2015, 9:54 am

Morning all, it has been a while, hope I find you all well.

I need to plunder the CC's knowledge of all things Londony, as I have got to go there next week.

My main question is how does the tube work? I don't mean the mechanics of it, I presume it is a vacuum like them things you used to send documents around big offices in, what I mean is I have to go somewhere near Westminster, so do I just pick the nearest normal station (Waterloo or Victoria as far as I can tell) and then get the tube from there to Westminster? Do I have to pre-book it or can you pay on the door?

Any advice gratefully received...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:01 am

Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:09 am

You usually have the option of a one day travel card to London which includes tube travel (you use the same ticket for tube and train).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:14 am

So a return ticket from Great Yarmouth to London Liverpool Street is £53. If you select the travelcard option it is £58.60 but gives you unlimited travel on the tube and buses.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:35 am

Sounds ideal, apart from the Yarmouth bit.

I'm straight outta Ipswich.

Funnily enough I did go to Yarmouth last week, 'twas a grand day out.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:44 am

Sure you said Great Yarmouth....

The last time I went to london I didn't get a travelcard as I was going to Tooting. Had to get tube / bus seperate and can remember it being quite expensive relative to the distance I travelled.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:Sure you said Great Yarmouth....

The last time I went to london I can remember it being quite expensive

No sh*t?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:56 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

No sh*t?

You edited the important bit 'relative to distance'. smart ar5e.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:57 am

seanmichaels wrote:

No sh*t?

You edited the important bit 'relative to distance'. smart ar5e.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 3559488474

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:18 am

And for goodness sake, do not interact with fellow tube users Union, politeness and being sociable is extremely frowned upon...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:26 am

rick_dagless wrote:And for goodness sake, do not interact with fellow tube users Union, politeness and being sociable is extremely frowned upon...

Although casual and overt racism is to be applauded. As is using elbows for leverage and walking along/stopping whilst you get another C*ntbook update on your phone.

And if you see a man wearing practical but ugly footwear striding purposefully from Liverpool St station, do not, under any circumstances stop and talk to him. He will have very muscular arms if you're in any doubt.

We are really helping you out, Cane. I hope you're grateful.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:30 am

Eternally, mate, eternally.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:35 am

Although you can entertain yourself by trying to spot these...

http://www.lbc.co.uk/the-funniest-guerilla-signs-on-the-tube-51918/album/the_funniest_guerilla_signs_on_the_tube/1624

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:49 am

Take a bottle of water with you Union. Otherwise you'll have to buy one for £35 - £40.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:41 pm

Chicken, mushroom and lentil soup, plain French Fries. 8/10

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:44 pm

Beef and mushroom pie. Some *chips, some peas and a few flowers of broccoli. Little dash of gravy to complete the main course.

Bread and butter pudding for afters.

9.1114732/10

*Chips were eaten off the back of a minor celebrity whilst I was hanging out the back of her.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:46 pm

Tino wrote:*Chips were eaten off the back of a minor celebrity whilst I was hanging out the back of her.

GOSPEL?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 18 Nov 2015, 12:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Question, is there an upmarket version of Centre Parcs? Just trying to think of something that would replicate the cruise 'all in' experience but UK based.

You're probably looking for some kind of Hydro somewhere.

http://www.crieffhydro.com/?gclid=CO6Z6v2AmskCFcGVGwoduTACBQ

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Question, is there an upmarket version of Centre Parcs? Just trying to think of something that would replicate the cruise 'all in' experience but UK based.

That looks alright.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:01 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:*Chips were eaten off the back of a minor celebrity whilst I was hanging out the back of her.

GOSPEL?

GOSPEL and FACT.

I also shined a torch behind my knob and silhouetted it against a castle.  FACT and GOSPEL.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:05 pm

Fair enough then...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I also shined a torch behind my knob and silhouetted it against a castle.

Was it this one?

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Castell-coch-cardiff-1280x800
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:14 pm

I thought it was Hampton Court...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:15 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I also shined a torch behind my knob and silhouetted it against a castle.

Was it this one?

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 Castell-coch-cardiff-1280x800

Yep. To the left of the drawbridge, left hand turret. Bottom left.

That silhouette is of my knob.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:22 pm

Whenever I see the title of the ISIS thread, What can we do about ISIS on the off topic section I find myself singing How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music. I have wanted to share that with folk on there for a few days, but suspect they would not welcome the contribution. Thought I would test the water here amongst friends.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:24 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

GOSPEL?

GOSPEL and FACT.

I also shined a torch behind my knob and silhouetted it against a castle.  FACT and GOSPEL.

I didn't, I burnt my knob trying to do it. This was the castle.....

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:27 pm

Jeffers wrote:Whenever I see the title of the ISIS thread, What can we do about ISIS on the off topic section I find myself singing How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music. I have wanted to share that with folk on there for a few days, but suspect they would not welcome the contribution. Thought I would test the water here amongst friends.

Do it but save it for a fun Friday, we have not done that for ages...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:28 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I didn't, I burnt my knob trying to do it. This was the castle.....

Spoiler:

You should have tried one of those new fangled electric torches.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:30 pm

Witchcraft!!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:32 pm

Rowley wrote:Whenever I see the title of the ISIS thread, What can we do about ISIS on the off topic section I find myself singing How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music. I have wanted to share that with folk on there for a few days, but suspect they would not welcome the contribution. Thought I would test the water here amongst friends.

I've just called ONEBALL a 'f*cking c*ck' in Arabic on there.

That is my sole contribution to the problem of ISIS.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:37 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I didn't, I burnt my knob trying to do it. This was the castle.....

Spoiler:

You should have tried one of those new fangled electric torches.

Bloody brilliant weekend that was. Friday lunchtime few pints at boozer in Guildford, train /seacat down to the isle of wight in the afternoon. Stayed there until sunday early evening before getting train back. Saturday of the wedding got a call saying the team I was captain of had beaten the 3rd place side guaranteeing promotion.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:59 pm

Rowley wrote:Whenever I see the title of the ISIS thread, What can we do about ISIS on the off topic section I find myself singing How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria from the Sound of Music. I have wanted to share that with folk on there for a few days, but suspect they would not welcome the contribution. Thought I would test the water here amongst friends.

Very wise. It will be interesting to see what advice they give.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That looks alright.

It's pretty decent. Not cheap but plenty to do and the in the summer the MILF levels are really quite respectable.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

That looks alright.

It's pretty decent.  Not cheap but plenty to do and the in the summer the MILF levels are really quite respectable.  

Are there any bummers there for Sean?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:40 pm

I am not in the market for bummers.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 18 Nov 2015, 3:35 pm

It's slap bang in the middle of Scotland. Sean's 'people' tend to be burned at the stake around those parts.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 18 Nov 2015, 3:38 pm

If shah is throwing anyone off a building it is more likely to be windows.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 18 Nov 2015, 3:45 pm

seanmichaels wrote:If shah is throwing anyone off a building it is more likely to be windows.

A sensible policy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 3:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:If shah is throwing anyone off a building it is more likely to be windows.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 11 3559488474

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 18 Nov 2015, 3:50 pm

superflyweight wrote:

A sensible policy.  

More like your usual posting standard.

Moron.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next