The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite

+17
catchweight
ONETWOFOREVER
AdamT
ShahenshahG
Herman Jaeger
3fingers
The Beast
Pound-for-Pound
rob-glos
Coxy001
tommyhearnsprodigalson
wheelchair1991
Hammersmith harrier
milkyboy
Derbymanc
mobilemaster8
Baby faced assassin
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite  Empty So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm

Haven't seen the bookies odds on this fight but see a lot of people are slightly torn about where this is going to go, just wanted to get your opinions on who you think should be the favourite in this

On one side you got Saunders the unbeaten amateur star who's won all of his fights against decent opposition , but he's looked a little frail before and has been known to fade in fights

Lee is the experienced one and clearly the puncher of the 2. Decent fundamentals and good chin but has struggled against pressure fighters only which BJS is most definately not

So who wins and who should be the betting favourite
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite  Empty Re: So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:16 pm

Saunders gets caught sooner or later.

Just watching the undercard. Smith vs Jupp. I have Jupp winning by 3.

Which means he will probably lose by 8.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite  Empty Re: So Lee vs Saunders.......Who should be favourite

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:17 pm

Actually no...he won....I stand corrected. Forgot this wasn't a hearn or sky event so the dodgy stoppages and decision are few and far between.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:19 pm

Brilliant by Jupp, Like Smith but hopefully this will bring him down a peg or 2

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:24 pm

So little build up for the main event

Is Lee vs Saunders not a fairly tasty domestic clash or not I'm confused

But yea agree that jupp did very well did the better work for the majority of the fight smith too reliable on a big shot that wasn't coming
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:47 pm

I agree guys. It's a world title fight between 2 Irish fighters.....one of which has just beaten Eubank Jr and is unbeaten with an immense amateur pedigree.

The other has just sparked Korobov and went the distance with Quillin.

Build up is strange.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:49 pm

Guess it's hidden away on boxnation

But still people on here so called fans and no one cares

Why should casuals bother if fans can't get excited
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

Sad state i'm afraid fellas. It's a massive shame as it's a genuine 50/50. Can only speak for myself but with the state of mismatches etc it's getting harder to genuinely get excited for Boxing lately. Until yesterday I was Meh about this and then it was talked about on FB and it got my juices flowing. Gutted I couldn't go (ticketsfortroops was sold out) but so far it's been great.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

Yeh I'm watching purely as it's a very competitive 50 50 fight on paper. Both have strengths and weaknesses. Good story behind it etc.

Boxnation in general appear low budget but shows the very best scraps.

It's probably why it's only a tenner I suppose.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 8:59 pm

God damn tickets for troops!! Got my fitness test monday passed my interview so nearly back!!! :-)

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:05 pm

As long as you know what your doing your alright MM8 if not just ask the RFA we'll help you out Smile

Tickets for troops is great normally (although the fact you can't access it properly onboard is pants) we got Crolla/Perez 1 tickets through it, cost me £3.50 for 4 80 quid tickets

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:06 pm

Yea still unsure how I think it goes

Has Saunders ever hit the canvas?
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm

Yeh just 1.5 mile run on treadmill so should be fine to be fair I do a bit of running.

Yeh me mate still in says the same.

On a side note who the hell is Jimmy Smith!? Seems to have a perfect record and lots of confidence but being written off by a few here.

Don't think Saunders has mate no.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:10 pm

It's last sat before Christmas... Some of us are invaded by family. It's been talked about on other threads, but box nation is still niche. Plenty on here don't have it. Doesn't make them not fans to not want to pay for every boxing avenue available. Show some good fights to be fair.

Don't think Saunders has been down as a pro. Never seen him hurt to be honest. Never been in with a guy who hits like lee though.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:18 pm

The fight being on Boxnation means it has no build up or marketability unless you're a subscriber to the channel and it's to the detriment of the boxers. You've got decent prospects on the bill who nobody has ever heard of, the only reason Mitchell Smith had a name is because he mouths off about Warrington on twitter. I don't subscribe for that very reason.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

I had him on FB for a while HH and I remember you telling me and thinking 'nah he's quite down to earth' how wrong was I ha ha.

You'll urine it MM8 you get the opportunity get on one of our ships, you'll see we're not as bad as some think and you'll show some of ours that neither are you

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:20 pm

Yeh lee does hit like a train

Quiet one for me tonight. The missus and her mum have had a falling out so I'm sat by myself with a few ales watching this on the big screen. Family are away in new York this xmas so having a quiet xmas get together tomorrow and that's it for me thankfully.

Just me and the missus on Xmas day along with the dog and cat.

Anyway....this jimmy fella has a good range of shots in his locker.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I had him on FB for a while HH and I remember you telling me and thinking 'nah he's quite down to earth' how wrong was I ha ha.

You'll urine it MM8 you get the opportunity get on one of our ships, you'll see we're not as bad as some think and you'll show some of ours that neither are you

Warrington being down to earth and quite reserved made it quite pathetic really, he's taken to twitter to give Smith a good ribbing now which is fair enough as he'd been quiet throughout.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:29 pm

Kelly looking alright here although you feel smith could take over when he slows down as he's the stronger man in there

Smith has been calling out cotto and Lara, think both those fights end very badly for smith
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:31 pm

Watching smith v kelly its a joke of a fight for a world strap

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:33 pm

Hahaha like it Derby. But yeh defo sounds like a plan in the hopeful near future.

Just about say same wheels.

Looking into it, how did Smith fight Thompson fight for the vacant WBO strap?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:43 pm

Kelly did what he could but the lad isn't world level and just didn't have the strength to win

Smith did what he had to do but this guy isn't world class, and he'll struggle against the likes of Lara, Cotto, Canelo, Charlo etc
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:46 pm

Domestic fights at their worst tbh. Have lost all interest in 'world title' fights

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:50 pm

Frank has mentioned Cotto and Lara?! What?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:51 pm

Frank is talking like he wil milk liam's 'world title' reign some more

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:53 pm

Frank will have him against some random euro fight who is magically put into the top 5 of the WBO rankings

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:57 pm

Standard drills for a UK "world" champ.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:57 pm

Mentioning it and making it are 2 different things though. I reckon after my 2 months of training I can take Mayweahter Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 9:58 pm

Hahaha fair one Derby.

How does Lee generate THAT much power with a right hook off a southpaw stance?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:02 pm

I've got no idea how it works MM, you watch me training you'd be asking wheres the power. you watch my lad, your like ' wtf did that come from'.

*point of pride at boxing lessons this week, lil mr i'm the Poopie smacked my lad, he looked at me and I said hit him back then. One massive shiner later and he move tf away'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:04 pm

Hahahahah and then it's swept under the carpet.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:07 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Hahaha fair one Derby.

How does Lee generate THAT much power with a right hook off a southpaw stance?!

He is right handed.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:10 pm

Hahahahah and then it's swept under the carpet.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:10 pm

OK hammer you have just burst my bubble.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:36 pm

Wow what a round for Billy Joe!!

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:37 pm

Where'd that come from

10-7 round to Billy Joe
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:38 pm

Got BJS on points!!! Calm down son, remember you can't punch!!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

Coxy i bet you just became very nervous

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

Where'd that come from

10-7 round to Billy Joe
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:40 pm

Starting to think Lee has a dodgy chin, Saunders hasn't been able to put a dent in anybody decent for years now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:41 pm

Wow. Never expected that. Have Saunders winning 38-36 through 4

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm

48-45 Saunders

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm

Agreed

Not much in it but Billy Joe landing the best punch of every round which is enough to nick the round for me
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:45 pm

49-45 for Saunders after 5 for me.

Rd 1 Saunders
Rd 2 level
Rd 3 10-7 Saunders
Rd 4 Lee
Rd 5 Saunders

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:48 pm

Not sure Rd 6.
Nothing significant from either, jabs from range.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:48 pm

Booth is very very good in the corner I have to say.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:49 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Coxy i bet you just became very nervous

Papped it big time.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:54 pm

Saunders 4 up for me...

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat 19 Dec 2015, 10:56 pm

Pure jabfest. Is Lee going to go 12 without trying to throw his money punch right hook even once?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 19 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm

I have it 85-84 Saunders.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next