The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland Squad Discussion

+39
toml
yappysnap
Don Alfonso
fa0019
the-goon
2bFair
Nematode
JmD
marty2086
Pot Hale
rapidsnowman
Gwlad
Tattie Scones RRN
Golden
gleesonisgod
theslosty
Gretgael1
kunu
rodders
brennomac
GunsGerms
Pete330v2
The Great Aukster
LeinsterFan4life
geoff999rugby
Sin é
SecretFly
Engine#4
Rory_Gallagher
majesticimperialman
The Boss
eirebilly
carpet baboon
Marshes
wolfball
Geen sport voor watjes
asoreleftshoulder
profitius
Notch
43 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

Ireland Squad Discussion - Page 13 Empty Ireland Squad Discussion

Post by Notch Sat 27 Feb 2016, 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

Continuing on from Ireland Squad Announcement Thread.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Ireland Squad Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Ireland Squad Discussion

Post by rodders Fri 03 Jun 2016, 1:41 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
But that is the point - Madigan has about a million things to work on before he should be considered to start at 10 for Ireland. He has been seriously poor this year and at times a liability. Jackson may have some things to work on (although I can't think of any particular area of his game that could be described as weak) but he is by far the better 10.

I don't disagree with any of that but playing devils advocate, we don't have access to the information the coaches do in terms of how the players are training, their fitness data, how they interact with the group - even the match analysis is not the same scrutiny as watching the game at home or from the stands with a crepe and beer (or coca cola Smile).

Based on my observations I can't see how you could consider starting Madigan ahead of Jackson but that is based on very limited information.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 03 Jun 2016, 4:28 pm

Team I'd like to see.

1 McGrath
2 Best
3 Bealham
4 Ryan
5 Toner
6 Henderson
7 Murphy
8 Heaslip

9 Murray
10 Jackson
11 Earls
12 Henshaw
13 Marshall
14 Trimble
15 Payne

16 Cronin
17 Kilcoyne
18 Furlong
19 Dillane
20 Stander
21 Marmion
22 Olding
23 O'Halloran or Healy

Theres a lot of impact off that bench! I doubt he'll pick that team though.

Others.
Sean Reidy (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)*
Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht)*
Rhys Ruddock (St Marys/Leinster)
Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
Eoin Reddan (Old Crescent/Leinster)
Craig Gilroy (Ulster)
Ian Madigan (Leinster)
Healy or O'Halloran (both Connacht)
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:31 pm

SecretFly wrote:The coach has been around...he's been seen, at games.  He won't be ignoring anything.  

But now it's up to the players.  They're on his time now - time for them to prove to him "I'm the guy you want".  We've been through this before with Zebo.  

Many observers thought Zebo did enough with Munster to be getting a shot...  many others agreed with Joe's reasons for keeping Zebo on the edge of things until he proved he wanted to do enough in Ireland camp training grounds to show he was worth the shirt.  
I don't believe Jackson is the same character as Zebo (who is his own character and a grand one at that) - I believe Jackson deserves a good shot at this tour... quality time.  But he'll have to be convincing Schmidt behind the scenes too - on those training pitches.
#

Maybe Schmidt just doesn't appreciate Paddy and Simon's rap videos. Jackson is in the driving seat, time for him to step up. His kicking percentage has improved in the second half of the season to be approaching international standard. He needs to show that he has the bottle to take control of the game and attack the gainline when the occasion calls for it. Unlike his previous international starts, being young/inexperienced won't excuse him standing miles behind the line and shipping the ball on.

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:12 am

NZH reports that Highlanders are chasing Joe Schmidt to be their new head coach, the carrot being putting himself in the shop window for the All Blacks job 2 years after that.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:14 am

George Carlin wrote:NZH reports that Highlanders are chasing Joe Schmidt to be their new head coach, the carrot being putting himself in the shop window for the All Blacks job 2 years after that.
That one's been doing g the rounds for a while, and most of us suspect ilhe will be off after the SA tour

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 12 Jun 2016, 8:18 am

George Carlin wrote:NZH reports that Highlanders are chasing Joe Schmidt to be their new head coach, the carrot being putting himself in the shop window for the All Blacks job 2 years after that.

I think you will find that next year Tony Brown will be the Highlanders principal coach.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 12 Jun 2016, 11:43 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:

I think you will find that next year Tony Brown will be the Highlanders principal coach.

Good. That's one down. One or two more proposals to go. The Lions might be another reason he goes, which I wouldn't mind if he returns to us after.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13