The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

canelo vs Khan

+16
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
Nico the gman
owen10ozzy
kingraf
Rodney
RanjitPatel
Coxy001
melv500
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Kareem61
hazharrison
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
AdamT
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

canelo vs Khan Empty canelo vs Khan

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:28 pm

I've got to be honest. After seeing Khan and Canelo face to face, I don't think it's the mismatch I originally thought. Canelo is solid, but he isn't the tallest and I think Amir has reach advantage.

Khan has flaws, but he is fast and rangy. I probably would still pick a Canelo ko. However if Khan jabs and moves, he could make it a frustrating night for Canelo.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this fight. Both guys are rarely in a dull fight and the clash of styles is interesting.

Some of Khans interviews annoy me, but when he is an analyst with Sky he comes across well.

Besides, he is a local guy and has some great attributes, so hopefully he can pull off the upset.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

canelo vs Khan Empty Re: canelo vs Khan

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:39 pm

I like Khan a lot. Whatever his faults he does not lack for balls, this is a massively brave fight to be taking. The kid genuinely wants to establish himself as a top tier fighter, add into that the fact he is frequently in cracking fights and I am not sure what is not to love.

Think he has his work cut out here, but as you have alluded to he can certainly have his moments, Khan is lightening quick and Canelo is a bit of a plodder footwork wise. Smart pick is the suspect Canelo will catch up with him eventually, but would not surprise me to see Khan a good few rounds up when he finally does.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Mar 2016, 10:00 pm

I was a Khan fan, then I became frustrated with him. However I am genuinely getting behind him. I hope he wins. It's unlikely, but not impossible.

If he can stay out of the pocket and grab and frustrate Canelo in close, he might pull it off.

It is hard not to imagine Canelo landing flush at some stage. Hopefully his chin holds up a bit better at the higher weight.

Good luck to Amir.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:42 am

It's a mismatch in terms of the outcome is predetermined. Canelo KOs him, surely people can't have forgotten Garcia who is a similarish type of fighter to Canelo. Good hand coordination, bit slow on his feet, thudding puncher, looks easyish to hit but actually not quite so. Add into the weight advantage on the night and the fact Khan's punch resistance won't fair too much better from when Gomez dropped him to here, meaning he at that point struggled to make lightweight so his punch resistance wasn't at its best and considering he won't have any weight problems affect his chin it should fare better, but the size of the man hitting him levels it back off.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:28 am

I think this fight will encapsulate Khan as a fighter. He'll show speed, boxing ability, pluckiness, vulnerability and, ultimately, a weak chin.

Alvarez will stop him. I hope he doesn't get hurt.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:43 am

I think Khan will show Canelo more respect than he perhaps did Garcia. He's needs to show he can box a very smart fight but I expect him to take some rounds at least.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:43 am

I agree Haz. But in a strange way, Khan being the underdog will help him in my opinion.

He won't be going in to prove he can stand with Canelo. He will be on the move constantly.

I predict he will be up on the score cards before he is stopped after the mid way point.

I'm definitely a fan again. Credit to him for taking it.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Mar 2016, 12:00 pm

Kareem61 wrote:I think Khan will show Canelo more respect than he perhaps did Garcia. He's needs to show he can box a very smart fight but I expect him to take some rounds at least.

I think he go a few but you have to remember is Canelo likely to show the respect that Garcia initially showed?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 12:23 pm

I've not thought kind thoughts towards Khan recently as I think he has wasted time chasing Mayweather and Manny. But all respect to him for taking this fight. The catch weight is annoying (never a middleweight fight!), but a very dangerous fighter and shows that Khan is testing himself. Definite under dog in this, but I will be pleased as punch if he wins. Good luck Khan.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 12:44 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Kareem61 wrote:I think Khan will show Canelo more respect than he perhaps did Garcia. He's needs to show he can box a very smart fight but I expect him to take some rounds at least.

I think he go a few but you have to remember is Canelo likely to show the respect that Garcia initially showed?

Did Garcia show respect?

I don't think so. I think he had a game plan his father has set out for him and he stuck do it. They knew his assets were good power & timing with a resilient chin and doubting Khan's power. They spotted a mistake Khan makes and targetted it, not minding to take a few shots and lost the odd round to detinate.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by melv500 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm

Not sure I buy this bravery stuff. He's fighting him because of two reasons. First its a huge payday. Secondly in his mind he thinks he is an elite fighter and should be in these kind of fights when we haven't really seen him at that level before. Don't mistake stupidity with bravery.

But credit where its due he is getting in the ring and respect for actually backing up what he thinks, too many fighters never take risks. I believe though it will quickly dawn upon him that he is out of his depth. Sure he is much faster but he just doesn't have a dig. Peterson (albeit juiced) walked through everything and its clear his power at WW is lacking. I just can't see him in anyway hurting Canelo who will at some point and quite early just walk forward and start throwing. Khan has never shown to be any good on the back foot and that's where he loses inside 5 for me.

Intriguing match up and I'll be watching but I cant make a case for anything other than an easy/keep busy fight for Canelo.

melv500

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:23 pm

Khan isn't the same size as Canelo. That's why one started out as a LMW and one started out as a LW. Jesus it isn't hard guys.

Canelo KO 2. In brutal fashion as well.

Khan getting flattened by that French school teacher, Limond, Gomez, Prescott, Garcia, probably forgotten a few more.... doesn't bode too well going up against a guy naturally bigger, heavier and a harder puncher than he's fought before.

Can't wait for Truss to give it his "Khan has speed. Khan could make it close" then picks Canelo.

Kostya had miles less speed than Judah, yet pancaked him. Mainly because he had excellent timing, hence why he was so good. Canelo's timing miles better than Khan's = speed is bettered by timing and thus Khan gets absolutely smashed.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:23 pm

The Garcia fight came after the Peterson defeat and then the rematch being slung out due to the failed drug test. He went straight from that to the Garcia fight. Remember thinking at the time that's an awful lot of training and it can't have been good mentally for the lad.

Garcia at the time was seen as an easy, straight forward way for Khan to get a title back but he stood in front of him for too long and got stopped because of it.

He'll do the same again against Canelo. Canelo is a good boxer that hits pretty hard. More than enough to ko Khan. No doubt Khan will be knocked out but fair play to him for taking the fight. He may surprise people (in how long he lasts) yet it's a massive mismatch with a bit of intrigue because it's Khan.

With a bit of luck he'll have developed some power with all the strength training he's done and that'll help to keep Canelo off him. If he hasn't then he has no chance.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

Did Garcia show respect?

I don't think so.  I think he had a game plan his father has set out for him and he stuck do it.  They knew his assets were good power & timing with a resilient chin and doubting Khan's power.  They spotted a mistake Khan makes and targetted it, not minding to take a few shots and lost the odd round to detinate.

I disagree to an extent, I don't think it was this big grand master plan to lure Khan in, you could see from Angel Garcia in the corner after the second there was a bit of panic as though things weren't going well. But the idea was to catch Khan on the way in yes, but I think I'm doing that it was showing Khan respect for his speed and abilities. Fair point made though, what I'm really saying though, do we not think Canelo is going to think "Well, I'm bigger and stronger, he's hit the deck several times from lesser punchers, let's see what happens when I rip into him" from more or less the off?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 02 Mar 2016, 2:41 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Khan isn't the same size as Canelo. That's why one started out as a LMW and one started out as a LW. Jesus it isn't hard guys.

Khan getting flattened by that French school teacher, Limond, Gomez, Prescott, Garcia, probably forgotten a few more.... doesn't bode too well going up against a guy naturally bigger, heavier and a harder puncher than he's fought before.

Can't wait for Truss to give it his "Khan has speed. Khan could make it close" then picks Canelo.

Kostya had miles less speed than Judah, yet pancaked him. Mainly because he had excellent timing, hence why he was so good. Canelo's timing miles better than Khan's = speed is bettered by timing and thus Khan gets absolutely smashed.

Canelo actually started off as a 140lber then fought most of his early years at WW up until around 2010ish - I remember Cotto's brother having him all over the place on the Mayweather vs Mosley card. I fancy Khan to do ok in this one - not sure whether I'd pick him to win but Canelo doesn't impress me massively and was lucky to get the nod against Trout and Lara. Smart money Canelo pressure will pay off and get to him late - if Khan had more of a dig I'd be a lot more optimistic on his chances.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Mar 2016, 3:16 pm

Rodney wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Khan isn't the same size as Canelo. That's why one started out as a LMW and one started out as a LW. Jesus it isn't hard guys.

Canelo actually started off as a 140lber then fought most of his early years at WW up until around 2010ish - I remember Cotto's brother having him all over the place on the Mayweather vs Mosley card. I fancy Khan to do ok in this one - not sure whether I'd pick him to win but Canelo doesn't impress me massively and was lucky to get the nod against Trout and Lara. Smart money Canelo pressure will pay off and get to him late - if Khan had more of a dig I'd be a lot more optimistic on his chances.

Cheers, Rodders

not even. If Khan can survive a chin check, (still not convinced Canelo has this apparent power everyone speaks about) then I think he has as good a chance against Canelo as you can get. Only guy Canelo straight up bullied physically was freaking Josesito Lopez!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 02 Mar 2016, 3:28 pm

I think Khan will start off well. If he boxes a perfect fight, he might survive and get the decision. Obviously I pick Canelo to ko him, but I don't think it is a complete mismatch. Canelo isn't the quickest on his feet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Mar 2016, 3:30 pm

kingraf wrote:
Rodney wrote:

Cheers, Rodders

not even. If Khan can survive a chin check, (still not convinced Canelo has this apparent power everyone speaks about) then I think he has as good a chance against Canelo as you can get. Only guy Canelo straight up bullied physically was freaking Josesito Lopez!!

having looked it up, Lopez actually had two inches on Canelo (who was listed 5'7.5 in the tale of the tape, so unless he's had a growth spurt he's one of those curious cases of athletes growing once theyre famous). Lopez also had a reach and weight advantage. So while Canelo will clearly be the bigger man, I think Khan may have the advantages in terms of physical dimensions)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 02 Mar 2016, 3:52 pm

Agree with Rowley on the assessment of size; whilst probably naturally more physical than Khan in terms of dimensions the head to head in London showed to me that Canelo is no where near as huge as he is listed as. Khan will have both height and reach advantage...whether this makes a difference is another thing but I don't think he will be intimidated by size of Canelo (punching power different story).

Someone made the point about Khan not being able to outmuscle Peterson and struggling with Maidana which means he will struggle with Canelo. Now I'm no biologist/scientist but could there be a chance that going up in weight will help Khan in terms of increasing his strength to be more accustomed to dealing with Canelo?! I ask this because I saw part of an interview with Haye in which he believes that Khans natural weight is around 165-170 lbs and believes he will actually be better at middleweight because he will not be draining himself. Having worked closely with Khan in camps before he stated that Khan always looked gaunt especially in his face when fighting at the LWW & WW limit. He also said that he has stood with both fighters and playfully grabbed the arms of both and believes Khan is the bigger of the two physically.

With all that being said I wouldn't bank on a Khan win (last time I made a slightly outlandish prediction was Hatton vs Pacman and we know how that turned out)! think he is caught around the 6/7th round! Would love to see him do it though.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 02 Mar 2016, 4:45 pm

Canelo will have no respect for Khan's power or lack of it, for me he's tactics will be to keep coming forward cutting the ring down and he'll knock Khan out.

You don't win 46 fights with 32 KO's and beat quality fighters like Cotto by being just a slow plodder, it doesn't happen.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 4:50 pm

Keep coming forwards, cut the ring down and put pressure on Khan - 3 things he didn't even look like he was attempting versus Floyd where his treacle feet were totally exposed.

Not putting Amir in the same universe as Floyd, but with his head screwed on and some decent lateral movement he should be able to keep away from Canelo for quite a while.

Who has Canelo beaten with good speed/movement??

He's fought largely nobodies and then, upon stepping up, only looked good against guys that come on in straight lines where he doesn't have to pressure or come to them. Only 2 guys are Lara and Trout, the former he almost certainly lost to.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 02 Mar 2016, 4:58 pm

I thought he beat Lara. The Trout fight was much closer for me. Only a round in it to Canelo and the knockdown helped massively. Depends what you like though.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:04 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Keep coming forwards, cut the ring down and put pressure on Khan - 3 things he didn't even look like he was attempting versus Floyd where his treacle feet were totally exposed.

Not putting Amir in the same universe as Floyd, but with his head screwed on and some decent lateral movement he should be able to keep away from Canelo for quite a while.

Who has Canelo beaten with good speed/movement??

He's fought largely nobodies and then, upon stepping up, only looked good against guys that come on in straight lines where he doesn't have to pressure or come to them. Only 2 guys are Lara and Trout, the former he almost certainly lost to.
So what's Canelo going to do stand in the centre of the ring and let Khan pick him off with jabs, Canelo's been good enough to beat everyone but Mayweather, not bad for a plodder.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:15 pm

He's beaten everyone where being a plodder isn't an issue, save for 2 controversial decisions.

When's he shown he can pressure? Can cut off the ring? He hasn't, it's not his style.

As others have mentioned, it's more likely he'll do a Garcia and let Khan come to him then hook his head off.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:He's beaten everyone where being a plodder isn't an issue, save for 2 controversial decisions.

When's he shown he can pressure? Can cut off the ring? He hasn't, it's not his style.

As others have mentioned, it's more likely he'll do a Garcia and let Khan come to him then hook his head off.
Close decisions, not controversial, we'll see when they fight, he has nothing to fear from Khan, Canelo will keep coming forward against the light welterweight.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:37 pm

Floyd's hardly a beefster though, is he? Didn't come forward at him at all, and he started out at a lighter weight than Khan.

I don't disagree with your conclusion, just how you arrive at it.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:48 pm

Still a huge mismatch can't see khan avoiding getting hit

Might turn out like Hatton Pacquiao type destruction

Hope he doesn't get too badly hurt :-/

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 02 Mar 2016, 5:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Floyd's hardly a beefster though, is he? Didn't come forward at him at all, and he started out at a lighter weight than Khan.

Mayweather never got stopped by Garcia or dropped by the light hitting Willie Lomond, miles apart, Canelo will change tactics he has nothing to worry about in front of him, my opinion he will train to cut the ring down to nullify Khan's speed.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:06 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Agree with Rowley on the assessment of size; whilst probably naturally more physical than Khan in terms of dimensions the head to head in London showed to me that Canelo is no where near as huge as he is listed as. Khan will have both height and reach advantage...whether this makes a difference is another thing but I don't think he will be intimidated by size of Canelo (punching power different story).

Someone made the point about Khan not being able to outmuscle Peterson and struggling with Maidana which means he will struggle with Canelo. Now I'm no biologist/scientist but could there be a chance that going up in weight will help Khan in terms of increasing his strength to be more accustomed to dealing with Canelo?! I ask this because I saw part of an interview with Haye in which he believes that Khans natural weight is around 165-170 lbs and believes he will actually be better at middleweight because he will not be draining himself. Having worked closely with Khan in camps before he stated that Khan always looked gaunt especially in his face when fighting at the LWW & WW limit. He also said that he has stood with both fighters and playfully grabbed the arms of both and believes Khan is the bigger of the two physically.

With all that being said I wouldn't bank on a Khan win (last time I made a slightly outlandish prediction was Hatton vs Pacman and we know how that turned out)! think he is caught around the 6/7th round! Would love to see him do it though.

Amir Khans mate David Haye reckons he has a really good chance, hmm surprising that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 02 Mar 2016, 9:28 pm

Alvarez may be shorter than Khan but he'll be both significantly bigger and stronger, going up in weight isn't going to benefit someone who could be ragdolled at lower weights.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Wed 02 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm

Imagine Algieri vs Mike Tyson, think that Algieri doesn't quite have the same pop but he's 6ft 1 to Tysons 5ft10 so think physically he's bigger than Mike............

Seriously tho is Khan really walking around at 170lbs, don't have any rehydration figures but has he ever really been above 152? What's he gonna put in 10 lbs muscle in 2 months.......

Canelo will have over 15lbs on khan and while he isn't. Fleet footed he landed enough shots on Lara (who moves better than khan) and Trout (who's bigger than khan) to show he's not the slowest. Floyd is on a different planet to everyone so don't pretend khan can do what Floyd can

Khan wasn't a particularly big puncher at 140, pretty average at 147 (Algieri wasn't hurt once) so at 155 against a Big guy like Canelo (who miguel cotto couldn't budge) don't think he will throw anything that'll bother Canelo

Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 12:03 am

Essentially, people are saying Khan has Floyd type speed, I think he's the closest thing to, but in which fight can anyone show me when Khan has shown Mayweather like elusiveness, anticipation, ring generalship and defence in the realm of Floyd? None. Why? Because he's not at that level defensively. Problem is we're asking Khan to have all these against Canelo now. Hmmmm....

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Thu 03 Mar 2016, 12:14 am

If the following article is true, Khan isn't too worried about facing a bigger fighter.

Amir Khan rejects rehydration clause for Canelo Alvarez as Bolton boxer roars 'I want to beat him fair and square'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3471861/Amir-Khan-Canelo-Alvarez-square-Hard-Rock-Cafe-New-York-promote-title-showdown.html

Amir Khan and 'Canelo' Alvarez have taken their media tour to New York
The pair posed and squared off at the Hard Rock Cafe in the 'Big Apple'
Khan is confident of beating Alvarez despite moving up two weight classes
Bolton boxer even turned down a rehydration clause ahead of their bout
Khan and Alvarez are set to fight middleweight championship on May 7

Amir Khan got yet another opportunity to size-up 'Canelo' Alvarez when the pair squared off at the Hard Rock Cafe and Empire State Building on Tuesday.

New York was the latest stop on a media tour which took the 29-year-old Bolton boxer and the Mexican idol to London at the weekend ahead of their super-fight which takes place on May 7.

And Khan again looked comfortable alongside the middleweight champion despite the fact that he is moving up two weight classes to meet the dangerous 25-year-old who has only lost once in his professional career.

Despite being a fairly heavy underdog for the bout at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Khan is confident he can beat Alvarez who other than being heavier than the Brit, is almost identical in height and reach.

In fact, the 29-year-old former Olympic silver medallist is so confident in his ability to beat his bulkier foe he refused the option of a rehydration clause, which would have limited Alvarez to putting on a maximum of 10lbs after the weigh-ins the day before the fight.

'I wanted to do everything naturally because when I beat him I wanted to beat him fair and square and I don't want people thinking "He was too dehydrated, he was too small, he couldn't put weight on",' Khan said.

'I want to beat the best Alvarez, fight the best Alvarez. The fights I've been watching he was really hydrated, and normal, where he was happy making the weight.

'Yeah (we considered a clause), I spoke to Virgil (Hunter, my trainer), and Virgil is the one who said to me "Look, if you're happy with the fight, it's a good fight for us".

'He's been watching videos (of Alvarez) as well. What I have to do is stick to the gameplan. I can't make any mistakes or be a guy who loses focus or makes mistakes because I can get hurt for that.

'I saw the videos, and they gave me so much confidence I thought "This is the right fight for now". I saw him being slow - being a big puncher, but for him to land he has to catch me.'

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 12:22 am

I think it's all the more credit to Khan, he likes a challenge, this is an almighty challenge but you can bet even if he gets hurt or goes down he'll fight for every second like a warrior. No doubt about that.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:08 am

I do think he will lose, but if he fights the perfect fight, he has a chance. It will be interesting for sure.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:16 am

Nico the gman wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Floyd's hardly a beefster though, is he? Didn't come forward at him at all, and he started out at a lighter weight than Khan.

Mayweather never got stopped by Garcia or dropped by the light hitting Willie Lomond, miles apart, Canelo will change tactics he has nothing to worry about in front of him, my opinion he will train to cut the ring down to nullify Khan's speed.

Again, not doubting your conclusion, just how you arrive at it. You're inventing a Canelo that simply doesn't exist.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 3:59 pm

Khan's stock can only go up though

If he at least looks good and makes it look competitive, then he can get some bigger fights of that

If he gets flattened in a round or two, that is a different story......

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 03 Mar 2016, 5:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Again, not doubting your conclusion, just how you arrive at it. You're inventing a Canelo that simply doesn't exist.
Fought Cotto on the front foot cutting the angles down, same tactics against Khan he'll close the distance down.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 11:15 pm

Eddie Hearn needs to hire Khan to build up his PPVs.

Khan is a great PR man, lower end top 10 welter. Absolutely nothing he's done in the past suggests anything other than him getting stopped. Amazed people think he has a chance.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but can't see it.

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 04 Mar 2016, 6:07 pm

Anyone seen the pics of Khan doing promo shots with his top off? He looks terrible with the extra weight. He needs Alex Ariza, Memo Heredia and a complete lack of drug testing pronto!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 04 Mar 2016, 7:24 pm

I don't google 'Khan naked' Haz.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 04 Mar 2016, 10:50 pm

Haz I just spat out my tea haha

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 04 Mar 2016, 11:30 pm

I'm worried for Khan. He says he thinks the fight will be like a game of chess. I'd back my 4 year old to beat him at noughts and crosses, so he's got 2 hopes if it's a chess match.

Dingaling round 1: "Virgil, I think I'm going to be the horsey in this round. So that's 1 step forward and 3 sideways. No that's not right... 2 steps backwards and 2 steps left errr. No 4 steps oh...." Splat.

checkmate canelo.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 07 Mar 2016, 10:43 am

Nico the gman wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

Fought Cotto on the front foot cutting the angles down, same tactics against Khan he'll close the distance down.

I must've watched a different fight...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 07 Mar 2016, 9:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:

I must've watched a different fight...
Yep you must have done, Canelo never took a step back.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Mon 07 Mar 2016, 10:14 pm

Khan's saying he's looking to weigh 165 on fight night, doesn't that sound a bit too heavy for khan??

Won't make much difference it's not just weight it's weight of punches and khan's shots didn't faze Algieri and Canelo has hurt everyone he's landed on
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 08 Mar 2016, 2:54 pm

Gut feeling that Khan might last the distance but lose on points.

I'm sure that he and Hunter are working on using movement and Khan's speed to try and befuddle Alvarez. But Khan will find out just like Cotto that Alvarez will just keep coming forward and forward.

Would love to be wrong though.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Mar 2016, 2:56 pm

Khan will put in a decent effort, but he will come up short. He isn't Floyd, or even close to Floyd.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 08 Mar 2016, 3:03 pm

Doesn't have to be Floyd though. I didn't see the fight, but I hear that Lara ran him close and he's not Floyd either.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Mar 2016, 3:06 pm

Lara is a better boxer than Khan.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next