The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

canelo vs Khan

+16
Hammersmith harrier
BoxingFan88
Nico the gman
owen10ozzy
kingraf
Rodney
RanjitPatel
Coxy001
melv500
TopHat24/7
bhb001
Kareem61
hazharrison
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
AdamT
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

canelo vs Khan - Page 2 Empty canelo vs Khan

Post by AdamT Tue 01 Mar 2016, 9:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've got to be honest. After seeing Khan and Canelo face to face, I don't think it's the mismatch I originally thought. Canelo is solid, but he isn't the tallest and I think Amir has reach advantage.

Khan has flaws, but he is fast and rangy. I probably would still pick a Canelo ko. However if Khan jabs and moves, he could make it a frustrating night for Canelo.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this fight. Both guys are rarely in a dull fight and the clash of styles is interesting.

Some of Khans interviews annoy me, but when he is an analyst with Sky he comes across well.

Besides, he is a local guy and has some great attributes, so hopefully he can pull off the upset.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

canelo vs Khan - Page 2 Empty Re: canelo vs Khan

Post by Baby faced assassin Tue 08 Mar 2016, 4:37 pm

Lara is a slicker boxer but probably not a better boxer

Defensively yes but offensively no
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 08 Mar 2016, 4:41 pm

Well a good defence will be necessary for Canelo. Lets be honest! Khan has some great tools, but he is unproven at Welter (other than Alexander) never mind any weight higher.

I think he will give a good account of himself, but I don't think he will survive 12 rounds.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Mar 2016, 8:05 pm

I think defence is clearly the issue for Khan. I believe he was a very dangerous opponent for Floyd, because of his offensive boxing skills... Most likely why he didn't get the gig. But the boy gets hit and Canelo is a big lad to be hitting him.

If Khan comes in heavy it may help him hold Canelo off physically... Key word being may... But it's not going to improve his foot speed. Now Canelo doesn't exactly skip round the ring, so there's an argument that Khan doesn't have to either... He just needs to be a step quicker... But can he be a step quicker for 12 rounds without making a mistake? Without the power to keep Canelo honest, I expect a typically brave and competitive performance from Khan, but I expect it to be in vain. I'll be watching though, it's intriguing to see how he copes.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 Mar 2016, 9:13 am

Don't think Khan can do it for 12. Canelo is slow as a pudding but Khan gets sloppy and makes mistakes. Eventually he'll get caught and its lights out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 09 Mar 2016, 1:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Don't think Khan can do it for 12.  Canelo is slow as a pudding but Khan gets sloppy and makes mistakes.  Eventually he'll get caught and its lights out.

Don't necessarily agree with that Toppie. Don't beat the likes of Cotto/Trout by being a bit of a plodder, he's not exactly in Margarito's league in terms of throwing a punch on Monday and it arriving Saturday.

Kostya T was never the quickest in the slightest, but he was a P4P superstar as his timing was awesome.

Timing beats speed.

Ergo, Khan hasn't got a prayer.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 09 Mar 2016, 2:45 pm

I think Khan will do well. I have warmed to him again. Was watching old fights. Is he as good as he or his mega fans believe? No, but he I an exciting good boxer.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 Mar 2016, 3:04 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Don't think Khan can do it for 12.  Canelo is slow as a pudding but Khan gets sloppy and makes mistakes.  Eventually he'll get caught and its lights out.

Don't necessarily agree with that Toppie. Don't beat the likes of Cotto/Trout by being a bit of a plodder, he's not exactly in Margarito's league in terms of throwing a punch on Monday and it arriving Saturday.

Kostya T was never the quickest in the slightest, but he was a P4P superstar as his timing was awesome.

Timing beats speed.

Was talking about his feet not his fists.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 09 Mar 2016, 9:35 pm

Canelo did follow Cotto a fair bit instead of cutting the ring off, but Khan has to put himself into the danger zone fairly often to win rounds, Canelo has good timing with someone coming into him. Has very good, well coordinated attacks does Canelo. Canelo will want to break Amir down slowly which will be the correct way to come into the fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 10 Mar 2016, 8:05 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Timing beats speed.

Was talking about his feet not his fists.

You mentioned him getting caught at I assumed that was by his fists rather than his feet.

Apologies.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2