The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pro12, how do we move forward ?

+43
bedfordwelsh
carpet baboon
Tattie Scones RRN
Irish Londoner
thebandwagonsociety
Allty
Sin é
Intotouch
RDW
HammerofThunor
RiscaGame
Pete330v2
international198
Kingshu
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
LondonTiger
PhilBB
The Great Aukster
wayne
geoff999rugby
No 7&1/2
Exiledinborders
Pot Hale
TJ
Recwatcher16
Eejit
SecretFly
exile jack
profitius
Luckless Pedestrian
BigGee
21st Century Schizoid Man
ScarletSpiderman
Hazel Sapling
marty2086
mikey_dragon
munkian
rodders
Fanster
lostinwales
LordDowlais
47 posters

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

The Pro12, how do we move forward ? - Page 16 Empty The Pro12, how do we move forward ?

Post by LordDowlais Tue 19 Apr 2016, 9:35 am

First topic message reminder :

I am posting this so that we can talk about rugby, yes I will use links from the media to create a discussion, and whether you agree with them or not, it is not me saying them. 

So, the Pro12, how could it move forward, for me there are one or two bones of contention for me, and that is the refereeing situation we find ourselves in, and the two Italian sides, firstly I will speak about the Italian sides, they have been here for a few years now and they are getting worse, now whether that is because of the fall out with the CC or not, the simple fact is they are not adding much to the league other than a banker five points when they travel and the odd banana skin when teams travel to play them. I would not like to see the Italians cut adrift, but at the same time they seriously need to up their game, at the moment they look as if they do not want to be here and are just waiting for the season to end, recent results have reflected this. I also think, that at the moment a place in the top tier of Europe is a waste for them, they will never win that competition with the state they are in at the moment and I think it would be far more beneficial for them to play in the second tier where they would have a better chance of picking up results and giving them more confidence. Jonathan Davies was pretty scathing about them on Scrum V on Sunday night:-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/36068740

Now I do not agree with him when it comes to ditching the Italians, but he does make a good point. Something needs to be seriously looked at when we are considering the two Italian teams, what would you suggest ?

Secondly I will talk about our refereeing situation, I am very uncomfortable with the status quo we find ourselves in at the moment when it comes to the referees, I am not comfortable that we are in a situation where the unions employ the referees AND the players. This leads to calls of potential bias, and the union controlled teams bringing their own refs with them, I think the referees should be employed by a central organisation, not the unions, and I think that the central organisation should be the league itself, the money the unions pay the refs should be payed to the league and then the league should have direct control over the referees. The league should then have a remit of how the refs should perform, and all the refs should be singing from the same hymn sheet, not that of their respective unions. Only when something like this happens will we see an improvement.

I would also like to talk about an article I read on WOL that Jeremy Guscott scratched upon, and states that we should be improving our brand of rugby to be able to compete with the French and English, also he has pointed out that because our CC players are restricted to the amount of games they can play, they hamper the teams involved, this I agree with, and I would rather we rested our players for Europe and played them more in the league. Guscott says that because there is no relegation from the Pro12 then there should be no excuses for us not playing a better brand of rugby. Anyway here's the link if anyone is interested:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/england-legend-tells-welsh-regions-11202285

Do you agree with Jeremy Guscott ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

The Pro12, how do we move forward ? - Page 16 Empty Re: The Pro12, how do we move forward ?

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon 06 Jun 2016, 4:51 pm

PhilBB wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Just answer the question and admit the logical truth - it's as clear as daylight.  The PRL(AP) don't need to add/absorb the Pro12 into its makeup to steal the Pro12 market share and add it to their own.  You don't want to contemplate the truth of that but the logic is clear.

....back to 'sarcasm' as an example - and the Premiership v League of Ireland.

If you can't keep your own arguments corralled in logic then nobody else is going to do the work for you.

True, they don't need it all. Just the Welsh teams. We got there, finally.

Ha, you wish!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

The Pro12, how do we move forward ? - Page 16 Empty Re: The Pro12, how do we move forward ?

Post by Sin é Mon 06 Jun 2016, 4:51 pm

Aviva Premiership Rugby made its debut on BT Sport two weekends ago – with last weekend’s match between Bath Rugby and Leicester Tigers leading the way, attracting a peak audience of 185,000 and an average of 146,000 for the match, according to the Broadcasters' Audience Research Board.

No date on that info.

BARB says that Leicester v Bath viewing figures were 131K fixture last year:erm: .
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Mon 06 Jun 2016, 4:53 pm

PhilBB wrote:You're aware of the last HoT on this AW League, right?

No what does that mean ?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Mon 06 Jun 2016, 4:57 pm

I see phill is still fluttering his eyelashes at the PRL hoping uncle nige will come sweep him off his feet.

Its dead phill. BT won't fund it. The rfu won't allow it.

And anyone else find it odd that big Nige has just done the double yet he's been very very quite? Wonder why

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 06 Jun 2016, 5:02 pm

carpet baboon wrote:I see phill is still fluttering his eyelashes at the PRL hoping uncle nige will come sweep him off his feet.

Its dead phill. BT won't fund it. The rfu won't allow it.

And anyone else find it odd that big Nige has just done the double yet he's been very very quite? Wonder why

..a mouthful of extra undeclared cash?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Mon 06 Jun 2016, 10:04 pm

So Phil, to cut to the chase, what possible reasons would PRL and the RFU have for letting in the Welsh (and only the Welsh) teams to the Premiership ? Other than some Welsh people want it ?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Mon 06 Jun 2016, 10:13 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:So Phil, to cut to the chase, what possible reasons would PRL and the RFU have for letting in the Welsh (and only the Welsh) teams to the Premiership ? Other than some Welsh people want it ?

Neither do. The rfu don't , the PRL use the region's to stir up trouble to try and get what they want from the RFU.
Phill has issues

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 07 Jun 2016, 6:09 am

The Pro12 and certainly the Welsh Regions currently have nothing to offer or bring to the table in the way of enticing the RFU or PRL into a deal.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:28 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:No we haven't. Can you provide Saracens? I don't think you'll be able to. Saying English clubs can spend up to x pounds isn't telling us they do.

Which clubs do you think don't? Let's start there and then we can find the links to disprove you.

Cool, cheers. Don't think Saracens are this season can you provide the link please? Thanks in advance.

Sounded as if you were prepared to provide that link Phil. So you got it to show what Saracens wage bill is?

I was able to provide the link as to who spends to the cap, but that's a million miles from your lie of 'exact' player salary bill.

Care to retract that?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:29 am

Irish Londoner wrote:
PhilBB wrote:You're aware of the last HoT on this AW League, right?

No what does that mean ?

It means do some research on the terms of the Heads of Terms agreement as it will answer much of the stuff you wrote in that post.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:30 am

Irish Londoner wrote:So Phil, to cut to the chase, what possible reasons would PRL and the RFU have for letting in the Welsh (and only the Welsh) teams to the Premiership ? Other than some Welsh people want it ?

Cut to the chase? How about you read this entire thread as it has all been answered before.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:31 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:The Pro12 and certainly the Welsh Regions currently have nothing to offer or bring to the table in the way of enticing the RFU or PRL into a deal.

Completely untrue. For starters, they have four teams within easy travel distance of almost half AP teams and more within just a little further distance.

Why do you think BT Sport is involved with PRW?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:31 am

carpet baboon wrote:

Neither do. The rfu don't , the PRL use the region's to stir up trouble to try and get what they want from the RFU.
Phill has issues

That's funny.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:33 am

To be fair, although I agree, the Welsh probably have nothing to offer, we do have a long and esteemed history with the English clubs especially the border clubs. 

There used to be an old merit table, and I especially remember the old boxing day clashes between Cardiff and Gloucester.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:40 am

LordDowlais wrote:To be fair, although I agree, the Welsh probably have nothing to offer, we do have a long and esteemed history with the English clubs especially the border clubs. 

There used to be an old merit table, and I especially remember the old boxing day clashes between Cardiff and Gloucester.

You do? In what year would those games have been played on Boxing Day?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:42 am

LordDowlais wrote:To be fair, although I agree, the Welsh probably have nothing to offer, we do have a long and esteemed history with the English clubs especially the border clubs. 

Yes, some of these Anglo Welsh clashes over the years have been fantastic and I would happily watch them again.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:42 am

Here is one of the only links I could provide to show some of the teams involved:-

http://www.gloucesterrugbyheritage.org.uk/page/proposed_anglo-welsh_league

There were a few more as the years rolled on though.

So there were regular fixtures between the two countries. Teams involved were:-

Cardiff
Coventry

Llanelli

Moseley

London Welsh

Newport

Bridgend

Bedford

Gloucester

Bristol
Neath
Leicester 
Aberavon 
Northampton 
Rosslyn Park 
Swansea 
Harlequins 
Richmond 
Bath  
Blackheath

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:43 am

PhilBB wrote:

You do? In what year would those games have been played on Boxing Day?

It was in the 80's, perhaps it was not boxing day, but it was definitely over the Christmas period.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:44 am

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:No we haven't. Can you provide Saracens? I don't think you'll be able to. Saying English clubs can spend up to x pounds isn't telling us they do.

Which clubs do you think don't? Let's start there and then we can find the links to disprove you.

Cool, cheers. Don't think Saracens are this season can you provide the link please? Thanks in advance.

Sounded as if you were prepared to provide that link Phil. So you got it to show what Saracens wage bill is?

I was able to provide the link as to who spends to the cap, but that's a million miles from your lie of 'exact' player salary bill.

Care to retract that?

Didn't see it, where's the link please? Surely it would have to show wage bills otherwise you wouldn't know who is spending to the cap. You seem to be backtracking.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:44 am

Your right they do have history. But it's one that the PRL have no interest in anymore

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:46 am

LordDowlais wrote:
It was in the 80's, perhaps it was not boxing day, but it was definitely over the Christmas period.

Sorry, your memory is playing tricks on you. You've got that one wrong.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:48 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:

Didn't see it, where's the link please? Surely it would have to show wage bills otherwise you wouldn't know who is spending to the cap. You seem to be backtracking.

Nope. Try again. You made the false claim. I pointed out the accounts don't break down wages by playing and non-playing staff.

I showed you links previously in which club officials noted their clubs were spending to the cap. You've had the information already.

Very poor tactics from you, very poor.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:49 am

http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiershiprugbysevens/39486.php#KfUwPlUD7gvLltWC.97

Hmmmm.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:52 am

PhilBB wrote:http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiershiprugbysevens/39486.php#KfUwPlUD7gvLltWC.97

Hmmmm.

What exactly is your point?

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:52 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Sorry, your memory is playing tricks on you. You've got that one wrong.

NO it isn't I remember my father taking me as a kid. Why are you like this on here Phil ? You are turning people away from a forum to talk about rugby, you just want to always cause a punch up. You are turning people away from this forum, I come back after having weeks break from you, and you are still on here always trying to prove people wrong. 

FFS, lets talk about rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:53 am

carpet baboon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:http://www.premiershiprugby.com/news/premiershiprugbysevens/39486.php#KfUwPlUD7gvLltWC.97

Hmmmm.

Obviously little interest between PRL and PWR, no common links at all.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 8:54 am

LordDowlais wrote:

NO it isn't I remember my father taking me as a kid. Why are you like this on here Phil ? You are turning people away from a forum to talk about rugby, you just want to always cause a punch up. You are turning people away from this forum, I come back after having weeks break from you, and you are still on here always trying to prove people wrong. 

FFS, lets talk about rugby.

You can to to cardiffrfc.com and search through the results from each year. They didn't play Gloucester over the Christmas period in the 80s.

The rest is fanciful nonsense.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:00 am

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Nope. Try again. You made the false claim. I pointed out the accounts don't break down wages by playing and non-playing staff.

I showed you links previously in which club officials noted their clubs were spending to the cap. You've had the information already.

Very poor tactics from you, very poor.

Oh , I take by this massive back track you can't do what you said you were going to then!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:02 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Oh , I take by this massive back track you can't do what you said you were going to then!

Making false claims seems to be habitual to you. I'll politely call it that, rather than what I suspect it might be.

You know full well of the evidence presented to you, clearly, previously in this thread. It's a shame that duplicitous behaviour is your preferred manner.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:03 am

Been on that link Phil, there is nothing to show fixtures from the 80's.

I'll tell you what, I will leave this forum for a little longer. I cannot stick debating like, this, I just want to talk about rugby, I am fed up of having to prove myself at every friggin corner. This is not debating, this is a p1ssing contest.

Phil, well done, you are ruining yet another forum. picard

Last edited by LordDowlais on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:05 am

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Making false claims seems to be habitual to you. I'll politely call it that, rather than what I suspect it might be.

You know full well of the evidence presented to you, clearly, previously in this thread. It's a shame that duplicitous behaviour is your preferred manner.

You've not provided anything, you made a claim and couldn't back, still can't. You said if I thought there was a club not spending to the cap sat who it was and you'd have a look for a link. Well, I did that and now that you know you can't you're back tracking.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:06 am

LordDowlais wrote:Been on that link Phil, there is nothing to show fixtures from the 80's.

Go to:

On the field
Fixtures and results
Slide the bar rightwards to the annual fixtures.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:08 am

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:

Hmmmm.

Obviously little interest between PRL and PWR, no common links at all.

Yeah phill 7s will lead to the invitation for the region's to join the premiership. Any straw you can grasp hey phill

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:10 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
You've not provided anything, you made a claim and couldn't back, still can't. You said if I thought there was a club not spending to the cap sat who it was and you'd have a look for a link. Well, I did that and now that you know you can't you're back tracking.

Hang on, NOW you're accurately noting what I actually wrote. So why did you write the previous nonsense about 'exact salary spend'?

PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:10 am

carpet baboon wrote:

Yeah phill 7s will lead to the invitation for the region's to join the premiership. Any straw you can grasp hey phill

If I'd meant that, I'd have written it myself.

But, nice try.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:12 am

LordDowlais wrote:
I'll tell you what, I will leave this forum for a little longer. I cannot stick debating like, this, I just want to talk about rugby, I am fed up of having to prove myself at every friggin corner. This is not debating, this is a p1ssing contest.

Drivel.

All that I've done is pointed out that you got it wrong. If you're going to play the character you do here, be prepared to be shown to be wrong.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:16 am

PhilBB wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Hang on, NOW you're accurately noting what I actually wrote. So why did you write the previous nonsense about 'exact salary spend'?

It's the same thing. You won't be able to say a team will spend up to the cap, below, or over without being able to say their exact spend. Are you going back to there is a salary cap and you assume but don't know if teams spend this?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 07 Jun 2016, 9:23 am

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:

If I'd meant that, I'd have written it myself.

But, nice try.

Phill you are quite the man aint you. Can't debate with facts so you spend your days in fantasy land.
The RFU will never allow the region's or any welsh based club to join the premiership. The WRU will not allow it. The PRL's main talker has been found out. Many many people in the PRL, RFU and BT sport no longer trust him or his whispered promises of golden lands ahead. His ship has ran aground and no one is interested in helping him out.

So you keep dreaming phill, be the king of your imaginary kingdom, as every single poster on this site has seen right through you.
Enjoy you victories in your made up game, as in the real world they count for nothing.

Hope you enjoy Cardiff's continued participation in the pro12, I know I will

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Tue 07 Jun 2016, 11:01 am

The Pro12, how do we move forward ? - Page 16 Gc10

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Tue 07 Jun 2016, 12:28 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Drivel.

All that I've done is pointed out that you got it wrong. If you're going to play the character you do here, be prepared to be shown to be wrong.

Phil even a cursory search by me to find evidence of a Cardiff Gloucester match at Christmas in the 80s was easily found: http://www.gloucesterrugbyheritage.org.uk/documents/621229.pdf

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to turn up more in more than two minutes. Maybe try to be a bit less rigid in your arguments, particularly with people who remember being there.

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Jun 2016, 12:32 pm

...........60s?

Get rid of that quick, Marshes. I'll pretend I never saw it and keep an eye out.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jun 2016, 12:53 pm

Gloucester did play Cardiff in 83 (21/9)

>>aha!<<

Ok, it's not Christmas, and not at CAP Erm

Closest CAP game is in November 91 AHA!ButNotReally

Last edited by Munchkin on Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:05 pm

Marshes wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Drivel.

Phil even a cursory search by me to find evidence of a Cardiff Gloucester match at Christmas in the 80s was easily found: http://www.gloucesterrugbyheritage.org.uk/documents/621229.pdf

I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to turn up more in more than two minutes. Maybe try to be a bit less rigid in your arguments, particularly with people who remember being there.

Ah now marshes you clearly don't understand phills rules.
He is always correct, as he has the only copy of the rules and he wont let us see them.
He is also the only person that is allowed make any statement without providing any evidence, yet the rest of us have to provide at least two swore testimony's to support anything at all and even then he has veto over all information.

And if you really upset him he may call you champ. And say something like "nice try" just to show his superior Interlect.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:33 pm

carpet baboon wrote:

Ah now marshes you clearly don't understand phills rules.
He is always correct, as he has the only copy of the rules and he wont let us see them.
He is also the only person that is allowed make any statement without providing any evidence, yet the rest of us have to provide at least two swore testimony's to support anything at all and even then he has veto over all information.

And if you really upset him he may call you champ. And say something like "nice try" just to show his superior Intellect.

What a fine synopsis of a Philagynous Personality type.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshes Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:...........60s?

Get rid of that quick, Marshes.  I'll pretend I never saw it and keep an eye out.

Oops! Nope, hold my hands up, I was wrong on the internet again Doh Apologies all!

oddly looking back through the fixtures (http://www.gloucesterrugbyheritage.org.uk/category/gloucester), its seems Gloucester played Newport a lot over Christmas in the 80s, maybe that was it

Marshes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:39 pm

Just delete it. We won't mind and it'll keep Phil at room temperature.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:40 pm

...it must have been one of the games Lord attended.  Lord gave in too quickly on his own memories back there.  If I were his memories, I'd feel like walking out on the guy due to his lack of loyalty.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 07 Jun 2016, 1:48 pm

Hmmmm.

This is being held at the Millennium so is a day out for Welsh fans and a money maker for the WRU and PRW. Are you going ? Hope you have nice day.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Llewod Tue 07 Jun 2016, 3:42 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:

This is being held at the Millennium so is a day out for Welsh fans and a money maker for the WRU and PRW. Are you going ? Hope you have nice day.

It says the arms park in the clipping. so i'm not sure the wru would make money.

Dai Llewod

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 07 Jun 2016, 4:50 pm

Dai Llewod wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

It says the arms park in the clipping. so i'm not sure the wru would make money.

Apologies, money for The Blues then ! I would advise going, went to the London one at The Stoop and it's a fun night out and not too serious, a bit like 20/20 cricket.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next