The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

+43
superflyweight
Lowlandbrit
lostinwales
guildfordbat
dyrewolfe
LordDowlais
Dolphin Ziggler
GSC
wayne
LondonTiger
Fernando
Samo
rIck_dAgless
No 7&1/2
Rory_Gallagher
RDW
kingraf
Galted
Notch
JuliusHMarx
Tattie Scones RRN
Hero
Corporalhumblebucket
aucklandlaurie
TRUSSMAN66
navyblueshorts
funnyExiledScot
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
Pr4wn
doctor_grey
Hibbz
Rowley
Ent
SecretFly
rodders
Coxy001
Sin é
catchweight
temporary21
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
Nico the gman
47 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 15 Empty The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by Nico the gman Thu 30 Jun 2016, 6:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munchkin wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Whether people like it or not the country voted to leave the EU and I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of a 2nd Referendum, those who did fail to vote and wanted to remain have in my opinion no argument.

I don't think a 2nd referendum will happen. I do think a 2nd referendum would vote Remain, even if the exact same voters come out.
Quite possibly.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 15 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:00 pm

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:There wouldn't be any rush if the Leavers had actually thought to have some sort of plan to implement beforehand. Currently their plan seems to be 'Er, we don't know what to do, let's see if we can come up with something vaguely feasible when we get around to it'.
Inspires confidence, doesn't it?

You see, I'd have a lot of time for an argument like that, Julius, had the same interest been shown by the Great British public in the 'plenty of time' (in terms of decades) they had to coax and cajole their elected leaders to get an EU model up and running that actually worked.

One might say your above line is a definition of the EU itself: "Er, we don't know what to do, let's see if we can come up with something vaguely feasible when we get around to it".  And they came up with 'Empire' as their answer to tidying up all the complexity of 28 countries looking out for their own interests.  Empire - it's had a grand old record of making Europeans happy in the past. Cool  

The UK had ample time to be a Leader in changing Europe's mind and stop it taking that dumb choice in the first place ... but the public wasn't interested.  'We don't care about Europe, us.  Leave them to it.  We got our pound still.  Let our MEPs take care of that stuff.  It's a sideshow to the real issues here in the UK.'

But it's become more than a sideshow now - and both Leavers and Remainers now actually know a lot more about this thing called the EU than they ever cared about before the Referendum debates.  Too late though.

Define 'worked' Smile
(rhetorical)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll) - Page 15 Empty Re: The EU Referendum - Thursday 23 June (with voting poll)

Post by SecretFly Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Define 'worked' Smile
(rhetorical)

Gladly Wink

Worked: Opposite to The EU.

Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:10 pm

SecretFly wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Define 'worked' Smile
(rhetorical)

Gladly Wink

Worked:  Opposite to The EU.

Whistle

WW2?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:17 pm

WW2: Empire Forming Attempt.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:27 pm

SecretFly wrote:WW2:  Empire Forming Attempt.

Opposite to The EU

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 18 Jul 2016, 1:38 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
SecretFly wrote:WW2:  Empire Forming Attempt.

Opposite to The EU

Different method used (so far). Exact same result planned.

EU = Empire Forming Attempt.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 2:23 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
So, Coxy, talk of the UK being kicked out is nonsense. The very worst that could happen, and it won't, is that the UK could be suspended. The only time the EU can force the UK to leave will be after the period of 2 years, with the 2 year period only starting once the UK invokes A50.

We would first be suspended, yes. Treaties don't exit, yes. But do you honestly think that if we start negotiating trade deals whilst still a "member" of the EU (i.e. we haven't invoked Article 50) that the other EU states wouldn't suspend us (which removes our vote) and then amend a treaty is a bit blinkered. I keep saying it but you don't listen - the EU will do everything they can to make an example of us so to keep the union together, to think or suggest otherwise is fanciful tosh.

So put your "It won't happen" away - they will not do us any favours or grant us any special "oh we don't mind you making it look like you're getting special rosy deals with other countries" little bottom slaps. Your ignorance of how the EU views the UK is astounding.

You obviously have an issue with comprehension, Coxy.

I see you're moving the goalposts now as well. So now you accept that the UK can start negotiating trade deals once A50 is invoked. Where did you read this, Coxy? Did you just make it up? You're trying to wriggle out of your waffle by waffling more, Coxy. For christ sake, we've been talking about negotiations prior to A50 and how we could get more than a bumslap for doing so. Of course we're going to start negotiating, we're not going to sit on our arses now are we

According to you I haven't read EU law that exists to oust the UK from EU when no such law exists. What law was it that you have been reading, Coxy? The law as written on Coxy's imagination? It's not law you dimwit - it's the provision and mechanism that doesn't exist.

You say a lot, Coxy, and I do listen, but I'm only hearing nonsense from you. You hold your opinion above the facts that have been provided for you. Are we allowed as an EU member to negotiate trade deals with other countries? No. We're not, it isn't hard to understand or contemplate the doomsday scenario put forwards of a treaty getting amended so that there is a provision and mechanism for expulsion of a country.

Thundertwonk.

Yep, it's a comprehension issue you have. Read my comment, the one AucklandLaurie responded to:

"That's my thinking, Fly. Legally, the UK can't sign new trade deals while still in the EU, but I doubt there's much the EU can do to stop the UK from agreeing terms with any Country. Liam Fox is already talking to Australia, Canada and the USA, among others, and without a peep in protest from the EU."

Auckland then responded by asking 'what can they do, kick us out?'. You answered by stating 'yes they can'. They obviously can't, as evidenced in the proof I posted.

You're not the brightest, Coxy, but keep digging. It's fun from this side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 2:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:24 days and still they don't send the notification.  

I don't think the UK will invoke A50 until after the New Year. At least that's what the media are reporting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 2:45 pm

Munchkin wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
So, Coxy, talk of the UK being kicked out is nonsense. The very worst that could happen, and it won't, is that the UK could be suspended. The only time the EU can force the UK to leave will be after the period of 2 years, with the 2 year period only starting once the UK invokes A50.

We would first be suspended, yes. Treaties don't exit, yes. But do you honestly think that if we start negotiating trade deals whilst still a "member" of the EU (i.e. we haven't invoked Article 50) that the other EU states wouldn't suspend us (which removes our vote) and then amend a treaty is a bit blinkered. I keep saying it but you don't listen - the EU will do everything they can to make an example of us so to keep the union together, to think or suggest otherwise is fanciful tosh.

So put your "It won't happen" away - they will not do us any favours or grant us any special "oh we don't mind you making it look like you're getting special rosy deals with other countries" little bottom slaps. Your ignorance of how the EU views the UK is astounding.

I see you're moving the goalposts now as well. So now you accept that the UK can start negotiating trade deals once A50 is invoked. Where did you read this, Coxy? Did you just make it up? You're trying to wriggle out of your waffle by waffling more, Coxy. For christ sake, we've been talking about negotiations prior to A50 and how we could get more than a bumslap for doing so. Of course we're going to start negotiating, we're not going to sit on our arses now are we

According to you I haven't read EU law that exists to oust the UK from EU when no such law exists. What law was it that you have been reading, Coxy? The law as written on Coxy's imagination? It's not law you dimwit - it's the provision and mechanism that doesn't exist.

You say a lot, Coxy, and I do listen, but I'm only hearing nonsense from you. You hold your opinion above the facts that have been provided for you. Are we allowed as an EU member to negotiate trade deals with other countries? No. We're not, it isn't hard to understand or contemplate the doomsday scenario put forwards of a treaty getting amended so that there is a provision and mechanism for expulsion of a country.

Thundertwonk.

Yep, it's a comprehension issue you have. Read my comment, the one AucklandLaurie responded to:

"That's my thinking, Fly. Legally, the UK can't sign new trade deals while still in the EU, but I doubt there's much the EU can do to stop the UK from agreeing terms with any Country. Liam Fox is already talking to Australia, Canada and the USA, among others, and without a peep in protest from the EU."

Auckland then responded by asking 'what can they do, kick us out?'. You answered by stating 'yes they can'. They obviously can't, as evidenced in the proof I posted.

Brighter than you sunshine, judging by a level of stupidity and ignorance that amounts to 'it will be fiiiine' without having any grasp of the crap we will be in. Amongst other tosh that's been spouted.

There is a provision that says we can't negotiate cack with another. If we do do you honestly think there won't be a reaction from the EU? To make an example of us? Article 7 basically forces us out, it isn't hard even for someone of your intellectual standing.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 3:32 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Thundertwonk.

Brighter than you sunshine, judging by a level of stupidity and ignorance that amounts to 'it will be fiiiine' without having any grasp of the crap we will be in. Amongst other tosh that's been spouted.

There is a provision that says we can't negotiate cack with another. If we do do you honestly think there won't be a reaction from the EU? To make an example of us? Article 7 basically forces us out, it isn't hard even for someone of your intellectual standing.

Brighter than me and you completely missed that I voted for Remain because I understood that the UK's economy would take a hit. That's how bright you are. Genius you are, Coxy.

Like I said; 'Comprehension'....

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 18 Jul 2016, 5:47 pm

You seem rather pro leave and all a bit nonplussed about Brexit in my eyes.

But anyway, suspended/kicked out... We are still screwed whichever way we end up shooting ourselves in the head with a sawnoff. Which all comes to a head when people wake up and realise that we will get worse deals than the EU has with other countries.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2016, 6:17 pm

Coxy001 wrote:You seem rather pro leave and all a bit nonplussed about Brexit in my eyes.

But anyway, suspended/kicked out... We are still screwed whichever way we end up shooting ourselves in the head with a sawnoff. Which all comes to a head when people wake up and realise that we will get worse deals than the EU has with other countries.

McCarthyism is alive and well.

I considered the arguments from both camps and, on balance, believed the UK economy would be at greater risk by opting out of the EU. So I voted Remain.

Brexit is happening. The UK will leave the EU, and the UK has to make the best of it. None of us really know how the UK economy will perform post Brexit, but I'm not buying into predictions of doom or optimistic predictions of the economy actually preforming better. I expect a few tough years and beyond that I really don't know. It's the not knowing that pushed me towards Remain.

There is also uncertainty with the future of the EU. It could go belly up, especially with the rise of far right movements in France and Germany. Personally, I think the EU will survive, but reform is necessary for the EU to secure its future. The European elite, such as Junker, are as responsible for Brexit as Cameron.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:12 am

Agree on Junker, the tool coming out and saying 'no more concessions' on the eve of the vote didn't help matters and only served to ram home the notion Brussels has too much of a say.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 19 Jul 2016, 5:16 am

Coxy001 wrote:we will get worse deals than the EU has with other countries.
It's going to be interesting, considering how unlikely it's starting to look that the EU will be able to get their deals with Canada and the USA agreed. The EU might be a more attractive partner, but not having to deal with multiple governments could mean UK deals get done more easily.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 19 Jul 2016, 7:35 am

25 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 19 Jul 2016, 7:50 am

The notification will never be sent at all in 2016. Unlikely to ever see it sent with this failed Home Secretary at the helm.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jul 2016, 7:54 am

They are chiselling out the Notification as we speak - into solid Marble. Same stone mason as wot did Labour's 'Ten Commandments' during the last General Election.

Blunt chisel = probably two to three years.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:41 am

Duty281 wrote:The notification will never be sent at all in 2016. Unlikely to ever see it sent with this failed Home Secretary at the helm.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/brexageddon/videos/11416/boris_johnson_pathological_liar/

Made me chuckle.

Isn't up to the twollop that is DD either. Thought we had to fly and sign some shizzle as well rather than send a letter that gets lost in the post, but alas I may just be being a tad pedantic.

The thundertwollock lives in a dreamworld as well:

This leaves the question of Single Market access. The ideal outcome, (and in my view the most likely, after a lot of wrangling) is continued tariff-free access. Once the European nations realise that we are not going to budge on control of our borders, they will want to talk, in their own interest. There may be some complexities about rules of origin and narrowly-based regulatory compliance for exports into the EU, but that is all manageable.

Yes because that's going happen. If we get that then the EU falls apart after one far right Farage-johnson-esque-led bunch of racists get there way and have a referendum that they win... I mean when you've got proof in the pudding: "Look at ze UK, they have none of ze problems wiz Brassells and can ban anyvun who is not white or from poor areas of europe all vilst having access to ze single market for fwee!" - yes we will of course get that after "wrangling" you fecking feckwit of a buffoon.

The only prayer we have is that we somehow find a way to make up for the 10s of £billions we lose out when the financial and manufacturing sectors get poached by mainland Europe.

People seem to forget that we aren't the only manufacturer of BMWs etc. in the world. We supply Europe. We don't supply the world. So this notion that the EU will be desperate to do a deal with us when all they have to relatively simply do is a big landgrab is complete nonsense. DUTY - You were rather quick to point out the grants the EU has provided to move parts of UK industry to the EU - going to trot that image out again now?!?!?!?!??!!?! Laugh

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:54 am

In brighter news it's fecking hot today. See, Brexit hasn't changed the weather so we're all going to be fine!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jul 2016, 9:59 am

Coxy001 wrote:In brighter news it's fecking hot today. See, Brexit hasn't changed the weather so we're all going to be fine!

Ha! Ha!! You absolute fool, Coxy!

That is an absolute NO-Negotiation issue already mentioned numerous times by Merkel. She is not going to budge on that one. The UK will have to pay a hefty tariff on any Summer Sun quotas when they exit the EU.

Enjoy it whilst you can - it'll be rationed harshly when you leave.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:07 am

SecretFly wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:In brighter news it's fecking hot today. See, Brexit hasn't changed the weather so we're all going to be fine!

Ha! Ha!!  You absolute fool, Coxy!

That is an absolute NO-Negotiation issue already mentioned numerous times by Merkel.  She is not going to budge on that one.  The UK will have to pay a hefty tariff on any Summer Sun quotas when they exit the EU.

So something else that won't actually change in practice

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:09 am

lostinwales wrote:
So something else that won't actually change in practice

laughing

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:11 am

SecretFly wrote:

Ha! Ha!!  You absolute fool, Coxy!

That is an absolute NO-Negotiation issue already mentioned numerous times by Merkel.  She is not going to budge on that one.  The UK will have to pay a hefty tariff on any Summer Sun quotas when they exit the EU.

We'll be in a bloody arctic freeze after those bloody bureaucrats take our rights away to have warm sunshine!!!!

Would go up to Lords to watch a bit of the MCC vs Nepal match this afternoon, but heard BoJo is on his way up there demanding that even though the Nepalese supporters have paid £10 entry and thus the right to watch the game (and also bought food and drink there) they must simply exit the ground and go home.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 19 Jul 2016, 10:15 am

SecretFly wrote:They are chiselling out the Notification as we speak - into solid Marble.  Same stone mason as wot did Labour's 'Ten Commandments' during the last General Election.

Blunt chisel = probably two to three years.

I've got an idea on how we can deliver Article 50:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKHihAPr2Rc

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 20 Jul 2016, 6:52 am

26 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 20 Jul 2016, 7:39 am

superflyweight wrote:26 days and still they don't send the notification.

This is going to get boring very quickly. How about switching to weekly or preferably monthly reminders?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 20 Jul 2016, 8:58 am

IMF on the 18th June - Brexit will mean a UK recession in 2017.
IMF now - Brexit means 1.3% growth for the UK in 2017.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 Jul 2016, 9:16 am

Duty281 wrote:IMF on the 18th June - Brexit will mean a UK recession in 2017.
IMF now - Brexit means 1.3% growth for the UK in 2017.

The IMF lied to 'sex-up' their politically motivated and lobbied persuasions? Shocked

Move over NHS 300 million.... Whistle Your days as the star of the post-Brexit debate are gone.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 20 Jul 2016, 12:01 pm

You could stop lying.

IMF: Brexit May Not Mean A British Recession - news.sky.com
http://news.sky.com/story/imf-brexit-may-not-mean-a-british-recession-10317461

They outlined various circumstances pre referendum and have done the same again.

What you are doing is taking the worst described outcome pre referendum and compared it to the best post then called them liars when the full reports are very similar.

Disgusting behaviour as usual.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 20 Jul 2016, 12:08 pm

It's politics, Ent Wink

It's all just politics.

Why do so many pretend they can't see politics happening right in front of them?

Every banker, investor, software specialist, farmer, doctor, politician, unemployed layabout, teacher, actor and dinner lady colours all stories to suit their political opinions and choices.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Jul 2016, 6:35 am

27 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 21 Jul 2016, 6:36 am

You might be here a while
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 21 Jul 2016, 6:49 am

superflyweight wrote:27 days and still they don't send the notification.

Oh this is getting exciting! The courier should be here tomorrow! Yahoo

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 21 Jul 2016, 7:29 am

SecretFly wrote:
superflyweight wrote:27 days and still they don't send the notification.

Oh this is getting exciting!  The courier should be here tomorrow! Yahoo

Treeza M (yes, thats what I'm calling her now) has apparently told Angela Merkel there will be no official Brexit talks until next year, at the earliest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-36852039

So you can stop hovering near your mailbox. Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 21 Jul 2016, 5:13 pm

anyone just see Boris on sky news? He looks like he aged 5 years overnight.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Thu 21 Jul 2016, 6:33 pm

Ent wrote:You could stop lying.

IMF: Brexit May Not Mean A British Recession - news.sky.com
http://news.sky.com/story/imf-brexit-may-not-mean-a-british-recession-10317461

They outlined various circumstances pre referendum and have done the same again.

What you are doing is taking the worst described outcome pre referendum and compared it to the best post then called them liars when the full reports are very similar.

Disgusting behaviour as usual.

Don't be too hard on him, spent over a year unable to find a job so he's obviously a bloody idiot and can't help it.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 22 Jul 2016, 4:10 am

And even more idiotic is completely ignoring the part that says we'd be using the Norway model I.e. Freedom of moment, paying into the EU coffers, bound by EU made laws. Which is what people like Duty voted to leave for.

"However, the Fund said that under an "adverse" scenario, in which the UK left the EU and failed to seal a Norway-style deal, having to fall back on World Trade Organisation rules, the UK would suffer a recession in 2017, with the economy shrinking by 0.8%."

More plausible scenario: We simply will not get full access to the single market without a) freedom of movement b) paying for it c) abiding by EU laws. It's not effing hard to understand. And the WTO route has already been forecasted to inflict misery.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Jul 2016, 5:12 am

Coxy001 wrote:And even more idiotic is completely ignoring the part that says we'd be using the Norway model I.e. Freedom of moment, paying into the EU coffers, bound by EU made laws. Which is what people like Duty voted to leave for.

"However, the Fund said that under an "adverse" scenario, in which the UK left the EU and failed to seal a Norway-style deal, having to fall back on World Trade Organisation rules, the UK would suffer a recession in 2017, with the economy shrinking by 0.8%."

More plausible scenario: We simply will not get full access to the single market without a) freedom of movement b) paying for it c) abiding by EU laws. It's not effing hard to understand. And the WTO route has already been forecasted to inflict misery.

Oh the irony. We leave because, despite having seat at the top table of those people running Europe we don't want to be run by faceless Eurocrats (we like our own faceless civil servants so much more). And now we will end up dependent on those same Eurocrats but without a say in how Europe is run

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 22 Jul 2016, 5:52 am

28 days and still they don't send the notification.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 22 Jul 2016, 6:27 am

Coxy001 wrote:And even more idiotic is completely ignoring the part that says we'd be using the Norway model I.e. Freedom of moment, paying into the EU coffers, bound by EU made laws. Which is what people like Duty voted to leave for.

Phone in on 5 live last night was a misery, Spanish guy who runs a tech firm talking about £8.9 billion in R&D deficit, effect of uncertainty on gaining funding and winning contracts whilst article 50 is hanging over him vs one guy saying it'll all be fine, be optimistic and one tin foil hat wearing space cadet saying the treasurey, Bank of England and imf were all colluding against uk and the gov of the Bank of England should go to jail.

There is literally no hope for this country.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Jul 2016, 6:47 am

More 'lies and propaganda from experts' *sigh....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36864273

I would much rather we stayed, and the best result would be some manoeuvre which would allow us to do so quickly, with dignity, and with some kind of leverage to put pressure on the EU to be more realistic about its future. But uncertainty is such a killer and the delay is going to be like a long drawn out death.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 22 Jul 2016, 6:48 am

Ent wrote:

Phone in on 5 live last night was a misery, Spanish guy who runs a tech firm talking about £8.9 billion in R&D deficit, effect of uncertainty on gaining funding and winning contracts whilst article 50 is hanging over him vs one guy saying it'll all be fine, be optimistic and one tin foil hat wearing space cadet saying the treasurey, Bank of England and imf were all colluding against uk and the gov of the Bank of England should go to jail.

There is literally no hope for this country.

Correct.  Commander Zymorah of the Interplanetary Confederation of Earth-like Planets has stated that the UK as a viable entity post-Brexit has no hope.  He plans on ending all arguments both for and against Brexit on August 1st - at such time he plans on laser targeting the UK with sub-particle beam disintegration rays.

11 days left for Theresa May to get her German passport and emigrate; and 11 days left for Corbyn to outline what he hopes do for worker's rights in the 11 days left of their working lives.

So many wonderful deadlines ticking! Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:12 am

lostinwales wrote:More 'lies and propaganda from experts' *sigh....

I would much rather we stayed, and the best result would be some manoeuvre which would allow us to do so quickly, with dignity, and with some kind of leverage to put pressure on the EU to be more realistic about its future. But uncertainty is such a killer and the delay is going to be like a long drawn out death.

Nothing in that BBC report is actually happening. It can't be. Duty and Bojo said it wouldn't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:26 am

Is there going to be a famine?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:35 am

Galted wrote:Is there going to be a famine?

Merkel and Juncker are having a closed-session in the EU's top-secret war bunker (ie, 2 miles under the Sonklarspitz) to consider that very strategy.  The time for Merkel's good cop routine (the slim half-smile of total contempt and indifference) is now over.  Plan B has been opened.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:47 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Nothing in that BBC report is actually happening. It can't be. Duty and Bojo said it wouldn't.

Think it was a bit of a masterstroke for May to put BoJo in as FS and DD as Director of Brexit (or whatever he's called). She knows both are doomed to failure. Having the highest profile leave campaigner fail on so, so many levels is likely to open a big can of worms that's labelled "Leave campaigners were full of crap".

She says "Brexit means Brexit". I'm just hoping what she means by that is "we'll have a big go at Brexit, be seen to giving it a big go of demanding 'we want XYZ even though we know we haven't got a prayer of getting it"... BoJo and co then get publically hung by the rest of the Tories for lying and the PM holds a commons vote on whether to accept the shoddy deal we end up with which gets turned down. Duty cries a lot, we wake up and the country returns to normal and happy days.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 22 Jul 2016, 7:57 am

Galted wrote:Is there going to be a famine?

at least there won't be a plague of frogs

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:05 am

Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Think it was a bit of a masterstroke for May to put BoJo in as FS and DD as Director of Brexit (or whatever he's called). She knows both are doomed to failure. Having the highest profile leave campaigner fail on so, so many levels is likely to open a big can of worms that's labelled "Leave campaigners were full of crap".

She says "Brexit means Brexit". I'm just hoping what she means by that is "we'll have a big go at Brexit, be seen to giving it a big go of demanding 'we want XYZ even though we know we haven't got a prayer of getting it"... BoJo and co then get publically hung by the rest of the Tories for lying and the PM holds a commons vote on whether to accept the shoddy deal we end up with which gets turned down. Duty cries a lot, we wake up and the country returns to normal and happy days.  

I then re-show this post to the British media - they see May for what she is - a damn back-stabbin' Gove, by Jove!  May is disgusted by such unbecoming antics and sacks herself.  Boris stands for Leadership and wins by a landslide - his main vocal/intimidation social media support coming from the Corbynistas, having long since changed over to Conservatives as Leaving is what the Corbynistas (and Corbyn) wanted anyway.

All becomes right with the world again and Trump buys Scotland to convert into a golf club....thus ending forever silly talk of Independence.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:30 am

Not really. It just means things will stay much the same for longer. True it means long term plans can't be made, but it also means people and businesses will be unlikely to change their working arrangements in the short term, until our exit conditions become known. Basically the status quo will be maintained.

I think the worst that will happen is that we will continue to experience currency fluctuations, as you can't stop speculation.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 22 Jul 2016, 8:36 am

Coxy001 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I take it this is your script for a feature film. Do you have a working title for it yet? Will there be much nudity / sex, violence or portrayals of substance abuse? Whistle

I find it hilarious that anyone thinks the UK can't survive outside of the EU. We did before and we will do so again...assuming the government honours it's "Brexit means Brexit" pledge.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next