The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

+38
4putt
ralphjohn69
owen10ozzy
Fernando
Diggers
pedro
Eyetoldyouso
Roller_Coaster
NedB-H
LadyPutt
Faldono1fan
monty junior
kouchi
Be_the_ball
Born Slippy
navyblueshorts
John Cregan
1GrumpyGolfer
SmithersJones
AlciG
beninho
sirbenson
raycastleunited
MontysMerkin
JAS
Plunky
Shotrock
wiretapper
GPB
robopz
Seve76
super_realist
I'm never wrong
Davie
TRUSSMAN66
Mad for Chelsea
McLaren
kwinigolfer
42 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here! - Page 17 Empty This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 29 Sep 2016, 1:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

There . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here! - Page 17 Empty Re: This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 28 Sep 2018, 10:50 pm

Some interesting(?) exemptions being claimed in the PGA Tour Eligibility Priority Rankings for next year, all one-time exemptions:
Top 50 All-Time money winner exemption:
Tim Clark
Els
Harrington
Kenny Perry
Bo Van Pelt (remember him, that exemption must have been deferred a time or two I should think)

Top 25 All-Time money winner exemption:
Stricker

Qualified via Special Membership:
Niemann
Aphibarnrat

And: Here's an exemption I've never heard of before:
Made 300 career cuts:
JJ Henry

Lots of others further down the pecking order, including Greg Owen and McDowell, one or two of whom I thought were dead..

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here! - Page 17 Empty Re: This Is The Official v2 Golf Board's Ryder Cup Thread: Please Post Here!

Post by GPB Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:57 am

Kaymer got a waiver from being Kaymered because of a wrist injury. Terrible decision IMO. According to his OWGR resume, he missed 4 weeks in March, between Honda and Houston.

He would have had to play everyone one of those 4 weeks to get to 15 tournaments.

He already thumbed his nose at the "must play" 15 event policy.

He could have tried to make up events at the end of the season (Canadian, Reno, Wyndham). He didn't.

IMO, the PGATour should not give him a benefit of a doubt.

BTW, Bud Cauley is playing his first tournament since the car wreck at the Memorial.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 8:18 am

What on earth is Moobs doing shouting "It's game time baby". What a plank.

His hat also looks like he's on the LPGA and both him and Fatprick look completely disinterested. Strange choice putting them out as a pairing again.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:05 am

I don’t really see the point of the who played well, who didn’t debate. But for what it’s worth so far today, the Europeans are playing well and the Americans badly.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:11 am

For all the criticism that Bjorn got for his picks, they seem to be playing quite well.

Olesen as a qualifier looks like a weak link, he was all over the place yesterday. Can't see him being good in foursomes either so wonder if he'll be left out this afternoon.

Woods looking like he's' just been informed his entire family have been hacked to death.

Last edited by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:12 am

Björn’s wildcards producing the goods. US look like a defeated outfit out there, behind in 3 and A/S in the other. Can tell the accumulation of golf has done for Tiger. Patrick Reed playing awful too.

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:37 am

Seems like a tricky course which euros are currently playing better. Not a bomb and wedge course, so takes advantage away from the Americans.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:39 am

Hard to tell if Bruce Koepka is even playing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 29 Sep 2018, 9:57 am

Remember when people wanted rory benched... though if we have a big lead I would consider leaving him out this afternoon to keep him fresh.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 10:07 am

Garcia playing very tidily. So much for his strokeplay form being important eh?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 29 Sep 2018, 10:16 am

Serg and Casey ahowing why they were picked.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Sep 2018, 10:30 am

USA getting back into it.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 10:40 am

What a shot from Molinari. In your chins 9C.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:27 am

Duty281 wrote:USA getting back into it.

Looking like a 3-1 to Europe, this morning session. Predicted Europe lead of 8-4. Looks like Poulter and Rahm have blown. Mcilroy and Garcia should just hold on. Woods and Reed have been terrible

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

McIlroy and Garcia 4up to 1up in three holes.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:34 am

That's matchplay.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:52 am

Sergio birdies 17 to win the match - magnificent putt.

Poulter and Rahm only one down now - potential for America to not even pickup a point this morning
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 11:56 am

McIlroy & Garcia beat Koepka & Finau 2&1
Casey & Hatton beat Johnson & Fowler 3&2

Europe 7-3 USA

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:04 pm

Tyrell doesn’t have a Hatton.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:09 pm

Momentum all with Europe. That said, if US can get a point this morning, win this afternoon 3 - 1, then a 7 - 5 win in the singles retains the cup.
Lots of ifs in there though, but a decent US afternoon would make the whole thing a lot more interesting tomorrow.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:10 pm

Yanks looking like the disjointed team of old with only Thomas and Rev Spieth bucking the trend of looking anything like a pair.

Even the terminally soorpus GPB can't say they haven't been played off the course today.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:11 pm

Molinari & Fleetwood beat Woods & Reed 4&3

Europe 8-3 USA

Once Europe settled in to the task after the first session, it's been one-way traffic. Don't see the US turning this around now, playing poorly, body language pretty terrible, and they've got Bryson, Bubba, and Phil to try and rescue it.

Last edited by Just John on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:12 pm

Just John wrote:Molinari & Fleetwood beat Woods & Reed 4&3

Europe 8-3 USA

Thanks, I don't have laptop, radio, phone or TV and I'm busy reading War and Peace Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:22 pm

Re judging players on past appearances. Molinari hasn’t done much in 2 previous showings, now looks great. Captain America now looking awful.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:22 pm

12:50 Justin Rose & Henrik Stenson v Dustin Johnson & Brooks Koepka
13:05: Sergio Garcia & Alex Noren v Bubba Watson & Webb Simpson
13:20: Francesco Molinari & Tommy Fleetwood v Tiger Woods & Bryson DeChambeau
13:35: Ian Poulter & Rory McIlroy v Jordan Spieth & Justin Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:31 pm

Jhhn, we're all watching or listening, and this would be the last place I'd come for updates on scores and pairings.
Save yourself the bother and just give comments about the games.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Be_the_ball Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:42 pm

super_realist wrote:Jhhn, we're all watching or listening, and this would be the last place I'd come for updates on scores and pairings.

Welcome to the 606v2 golf board Just John thumbsup

Be_the_ball

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:46 pm

Looks like it'll be 8-4. Fantastic turnaround from Europe. I expect the USA to get at least three points this afternoon, looking at the pairings, so all is not lost.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:48 pm

super_realist wrote:Jhhn, we're all watching or listening, and this would be the last place I'd come for updates on scores and pairings.

It might be the last place you would come but what about the rest of us.  Thanks for the updates john, quite useful when you can get chat and score updates in the same place.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:50 pm

Mac, If you have access to a computer to come here, why would you rely on send hand information when you can have a window open in the same browser?

You don't care about this "exhibition" anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:56 pm

I am watching Man utd and trying to follow the F1, Ryder cup and 606 chat.  If two of those things are in the same place it helps.

I don't care about it in the sense that I want one team or another to win but I'm interested enough to keep an eye on the score.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Sep 2018, 12:57 pm

Worst performance today has to be the Europeans apparel?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kouchi Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:03 pm

Just John wrote:...

Pity. Would have prefered a Poulter & Casey combo here and resting Rory

kouchi

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:05 pm

McLaren wrote:Worst performance today has to be the Europeans apparel?

Faeces brown is never a good choice, but still nothing as bad as the 1991 American shirts.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:25 pm

European kits alright, the rust colour not that bad.

Id have rested mcilroy this afternoon and got olesen out. Think the usa will win the session though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by kouchi Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:27 pm

super_realist wrote:

Faeces brown is never a good choice, but still nothing as bad as the 1991 American shirts.

The Instagram shirts of the 1999 singles, you mean?

kouchi

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:35 pm

Was that really only back in 99? That's even worse.

Even by American fashion standards where they're usually a fair bit behind, that's a truly awful shirt for 19 years ago.

Last edited by super_realist on Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

Have you got your Man Utd shirt on Mac? Plus chequered flag undies??

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kouchi Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:45 pm

kouchi wrote:
Just John wrote:...

Pity. Would have prefered a Poulter & Casey combo here and resting Rory
Or is it perhaps looking for a revival of Medinah's last flight saturday afternoon heroics? Yahoo

kouchi

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Sep 2018, 1:47 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:

Have you got your Man Utd shirt on Mac? Plus chequered flag undies??
Kwini, there is no point denying it, you all know that I watch Tiger without the undies on.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:37 pm

Moobs looking the rotten pick everyone knew he was going to be. Fighting Mickelson to see who has the worst RC record.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 2:49 pm

Woods played fine in a close match yesterday and was far better than his partner today, whose RC record you always cite as excellent. Think he just got worn down by carrying him for most of the round.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sat 29 Sep 2018, 4:53 pm

You’d think game over now, 7 - 5 was a possible blue comeback, the singles will probably be won by one team or the other around that score. 8 - 4 sounds a lot bigger target.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 4:56 pm

You'd have to fancy the better driving of Europe in the singles.
American driving hasn't been great at all, far too many fairways missed.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:23 pm

Last time Europe front and back loaded at 10-6 they lost at brookline..

Suggest they chuck out their best up top...Rose Stenson Mcilroy Molinari Fleetwood Casey Garcia ...and let Olesen etc play with an out of form Phil at the back end..

US will have to front load..Can't see any chance..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:46 pm

Is it me or has the overall quality of the golf been pretty poor?  Maybe it is the course and how it is set up but how many times has par been enough?

And whether or not the quality has been any good there hasn't been many (if any) exciting matches that have gone the distance.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 29 Sep 2018, 5:58 pm

It's been pretty good Mac (not that you'd know as you were watching F1, Man United etc) if you consider the wind, narrow fairways and deep rough, which seems to have caught the yanks right out.

The Ryder Cup, especially in foursomes has lots of examples of relatively poor scores winning matches, this is due to how the course is set up and the high tariff for an error.  Low scores are not the objective, it's having a lower score than the opposition, so it's not necessary to take on suicidal pins or hole long putts, sometimes just hitting fairways and middle of greens with a lag putt to follow is enough. Why risk it?

This is true especially in light of how terrible the US driving was. All you need to do is keep it in play if they're in the cabbage.

I think you're right though in no matches going the distance that I can recall, there  hasn't been a single half either.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:09 pm

Super

Not sure I agree that it has been pretty good.  I know you hate the comparison to stroke play but you get the feeling quite a lot of the players would have missed the cut if they were in the some form on a tournament week.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:22 pm

The french open was won with -7. Why would anyobe expect crazy low scores. Its a difficult course which needs playing well. Its a better course then most played on.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Sat 29 Sep 2018, 6:24 pm

super_realist wrote:His hat also looks like he's on the LPGA.
He looked more like a south-east London drug dealer - but his face this afternoon was a picture Very Happy
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next