The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster 2016/2017

+29
Don Alfonso
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Kingshu
neilthom7
geoff999rugby
Pete330v2
clivemcl
glamorganalun
Artful_Dodger
Golden
Geen sport voor watjes
JmD
wayne
MrsP
True Raven
international198
Maine man
InjuredYetAgain
jimbopip
Rory_Gallagher
The Great Aukster
Sin é
thebandwagonsociety
carpet baboon
SecretFly
brennomac
toml
rapidsnowman
rodders
33 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ulster 2016/2017 - Page 8 Empty Ulster 2016/2017

Post by marty2086 Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 am

First topic message reminder :

And it's been confirmed

Ulster Rugby has today announced that Jono Gibbes will join the Province as Head Coach ahead of the 2017/18 season, having signed a two-year contract.

The former New Zealand player is currently Forwards Coach at French giants ASM Clermont Auvergne and he previously held a similar position at Leinster Rugby.

Gibbes joined Leinster in 2008, helping the squad to win three Heineken Cup titles during a six-year spell in Dublin. The first of those successes came under the stewardship of Michael Cheika in 2009, before he assisted Joe Schmidt in the 2011 and 2012 triumphs.

He moved to France in 2014 and was part of a coaching set-up that guided Clermont to the Top 14 and Champions Cup finals in his debut season.

In addition to his expertise in forward play, the 40-year-old has also gained valuable experience in coaching other aspects of the game, such as attack, during his stints at Leinster and Clermont.

Gibbes said that there were many contributing factors in his move back to Ireland:

"The respect that I have for Les (Kiss), as a coach and as a person, was one of my main reasons for making this decision. He really sold his vision of where he wants to take Ulster over the next few years.

"Ulster is a team that I know well, having come up against them on a number of occasions. The Clermont-Ulster games this season gave me an insight into the strengths of the squad and it's exciting to think that I'll be part of that environment from next season.

"With 6 years at Leinster and 3 years at Clermont in the Top 14, I've been afforded many different experiences, working with some very talented coaches and players. I hope to apply what I've learned to the role at Ulster and my family and I are looking forward to integrating into a strong community in Belfast."

Welcoming the news, Director of Rugby Les Kiss, added:

"Jono's CV speaks for itself and I know that he's looking forward to joining Ulster and working with the team. Jono has vast experience on both the playing and coaching fronts, having worked in many different environments such as Super Rugby, PRO12, the French Top 14 and European competitions.

"Since his retirement from playing, Jono has had an integral role in the coaching teams of two of European rugby's most successful sides. He was a key part of the Leinster set-up that won three Heineken Cups in four years and he has continued to be hugely successful during his time in France.

"Jono's expertise as a Forwards Coach is obvious, however his wealth of knowledge in other areas of the game will be really important for us."

"A review of the coaching structure is ongoing ahead of next season and the appointment of Jono as Head Coach is the first part of that process. A further announcement will be made in the coming weeks, which will focus on getting the right balance in our coaching team."

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Ulster 2016/2017 - Page 8 Empty Re: Ulster 2016/2017

Post by geoff999rugby Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Agreed if you seriously think Marshall is comparable to Marmion we don't watch the same game.

At the start of 2013 for example Marmion was 21, Marshall was in his late 20's.
Even accepting they were of the same standard it is obvious Marshall was s good as he was going to get whereas Marmion was on an upward trajectory.

To suggest Marshall could also have been on an upward trajectory is absurd.

The guy wasn't good enough- period.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:04 pm

rodders wrote:Marshall in 2009 was as good as Marmion a couple of seasons ago without question. I'd argue he was better than the Marmion of today.

No Marshall at his best, which was 2012/13 was as good as Marmion about 2/3 years ago and Marmions improved since then, Pienaars signing isn't to blame for Marshall not progressing. Marshall wasn't deemed good enough so Ulster went looking for someone, first it was Peel then it was Pienaar

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Can't believe any Ulster supporter thinks Marshall will improve with more game time. He gets worse!
Marshall has had plenty of time to prove himself, including when Pienaar fairly recently Damaged his ACL with SA. How much did Marshall improve in that time? Zero.

Nucifora has done sod all for Irish rugby. Schmidt is the guy who has made the difference, along with the academies producing a few talents and gaps in the Ireland side being filled with foreigners.

Nucifora is in fact an idiot.

Case closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 pm

The slight improvement in Marshall will be more than offset in the complete loss suffered by other players. I'm totally convinced that Pienaar and Muller have helped push the likes of Trimble and Henry and co. forward because we collectively have been playing to a higher standard more regularly. We've been competing for Top 4 in the Pro12 and qualifying out the European groups (this year excluded) which all helps push on everyone in the squad.

I absolutely agree Marshall would have improved with gametime. But I don't think he'd improve to anything other than Pro12 standard. Currently I don't believe he's even at that level, and arguably never has been ... at least not consistently.

Redman

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:47 pm

From memory, Marshall wasn't even first choice for MCB when he was there.

Redman

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:57 pm

I feel bad for slating the lad but he really has been desperately poor for us at times.

The only positive I can say is he's been a great impact sub to inject a bit of pace into a game. Chasing a 4th try, etc.

Redman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Redman wrote:
I absolutely agree Marshall would have improved with gametime.  But I don't think he'd improve to anything other than Pro12 standard.  Currently I don't believe he's even at that level, and arguably never has been ... at least not consistently.  

Exactly.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:30 pm

As usual the real problem gets swept under the carpet in the rush to blame Nucifora, D4, IRFU, Beagle etc. Whatever the rights and wrongs of Pienaar v Nacewa they won't change the fact that Ulster aren't producing rugby players - not just at Scrum half but across the pack.

Paul Marshall looked half decent a few years ago when Ulster had a decent pack, even Pienaar has looked pretty ropey this season when the pillars are crashing down at the ruck and his first decision is whether to go in himself to secure the ball. Nucifora et al cannot be blamed when at time Ulster have a pack that hardly contains any indigenous Ulsterman.

Coetzee has been parachuted in and he is truly a wonderful player, so where are the other homegrown 8s that are learning from him and developing? When there are too many unpolishable floaters at the Kingspan, and Marcel is stopped from signing his third contract extension, will everyone still be pointing the finger at Nucifora and crying foul?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:35 pm

I'm convince Ulster will overtake the Scarlets in the Pro12 table. They have easy fixtures and a game in hand whereas the Scarlets have difficult fixtures. The Scarlets have Leinster next. Leinster!!!!!!!!!! Can it get any harder than Leinster???!!!

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:17 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:As usual the real problem gets swept under the carpet in the rush to blame Nucifora, D4, IRFU, Beagle etc. Whatever the rights and wrongs of Pienaar v Nacewa they won't change the fact that Ulster aren't producing rugby players - not just at Scrum half but across the pack.

Paul Marshall looked half decent a few years ago when Ulster had a decent pack, even Pienaar has looked pretty ropey this season when the pillars are crashing down at the ruck and his first decision is whether to go in himself to secure the ball. Nucifora et al cannot be blamed when at time Ulster have a pack that hardly contains any indigenous Ulsterman.

Coetzee has been parachuted in and he is truly a wonderful player, so where are the other homegrown 8s that are learning from him and developing? When there are too many unpolishable floaters at the Kingspan, and Marcel is stopped from signing his third contract extension, will everyone still be pointing the finger at Nucifora and crying foul?

I doubt anyone is brushing anything under the carpet, Aukster. The fact that we have issue's with the pack, and with producing forwards via the academy, have been discussed, and acknowledged, by just about every Ulster supporter here. The fact that we have issue's with the pack doesn't in any way lessen the IRFU/Nucifora stupidity of forcing Pienaar out, when there's much more to gain by keeping him.

Producing backs isn't an issue, bar at 9, and that's a position all the Provinces have struggled with, the exception being Murray with Munster.

It makes absolutely no sense to force Pienaar out, while there was every good reason to retain him for at least another season.

If not producing a test level 9 means we should force Pienaar out, then adding the likes of Coetzee makes no sense. Surely Coetzee is blocking a future test level backrow? Must be. Actually, there's more reason to drop Coetzee than there is Pienaar, according to your reasoning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:43 am

"As usual the real problem gets swept under the carpet in the rush to blame Nucifora, D4, IRFU"

It's Nucifora and the IRFU that denied us the chance to retain Pienaar so perhaps that's why there's a rush to blame them especially when Leinster and Munster get special dispensations. Ulster haven't produced players in any position at the same rate as the other provinces but ousting Pienaar is only going to make things worse, not solve the issues.
Geoff's post previously in this thread puts the case across better than I could put it but it simply comes down to the fact that ousting Pienaar was and still is a ridiculous decision regardless of the reasons given. Now that those reasons have been swept aside to allow Nacewa another contract makes the Pienaar decision mind bogglingly stupid.

P.S. Nucifora has absolutely nothing to do with dragging Irish rugby out from the dark ages. On his present course Ulster rugby should start investing in candles.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:06 am

Why do people keep saying "test level 9"?

Conor Murray is a test level 9.

We are talking about a 9 who can play for Ulster in the pro12. We can't even produce that.

Ulster seem to think the solution to everything is signing a SH player. This is sweeping things under the carpet. The IRFU backed Humphreys and Logan's 3 year plan that bringing in these players was a temporary measure that would help develop indigenous players, once they left but they have not followed through. That was almost a decade ago.

As much as I love watching Coetzee, Pienaar and Piatua this is simply a false economy and not sustainable to build a club around.

That is why we will continue to be the 3rd province (if we're lucky) because these big names come and go, whilst the other provinces build their core team around players they produce and bolster with overseas players, whereas we do the opposite.

A few years without NIE's will see Ulster invest properly in the club and school system, and develop fit for purpose underage systems and address the problems that they are currently masking over.

Otherwise in 2 years the same conversation about Pienaar we'll be having about some one else.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

This new role in the IRFU's professional structures will see David responsible for planning and evaluation, the elite player development pathway and succession planning and professional coach development and succession planning.

He will also oversee national team performance, provincial team performance, national age-grade teams and Women's team performance, sport science and medical services, elite referee development and National Professional Game Board (NPGB) and policy development.

This is some of the blurb from Nuciforas appointment, going by his job description he is as much responsible for Ulsters problems as anyone.

If Ulster are not producing scrum halves, backrows and forwards in general then that is part of his remit and has yet to make any changes to the Ulster structures.

He is using a sticking plaster solution for a problem that needs surgery

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:21 am

marty2086 wrote:
This new role in the IRFU's professional structures will see David responsible for planning and evaluation, the elite player development pathway and succession planning and professional coach development and succession planning.

He will also oversee national team performance, provincial team performance, national age-grade teams and Women's team performance, sport science and medical services, elite referee development and National Professional Game Board (NPGB) and policy development.

This is some of the blurb from Nuciforas appointment, going by his job description he is as much responsible for Ulsters problems as anyone.

If Ulster are not producing scrum halves, backrows and forwards in general then that is part of his remit and has yet to make any changes to the Ulster structures.

He is using a sticking plaster solution for a problem that needs surgery

He proposed changes but we wouldn't do them. That is why he is taking a tough line with us and he's right to do it.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 am

What changes did he propose rodders?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 am

Scrapping the schools cup was one.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:46 am

rodders wrote:Scrapping the schools cup was one.

I could be wrong but was restructuring not what was proposed before and it crashed and burned, I thought that came from Ulster and not Dublin

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 am

'As much as I love watching Coetzee, Pienaar and Piatua this is simply a false economy and not sustainable to build a club around.'

A false economy would be believing we have the resources to produce the level of players so that we could do without the marquee signings. We aren't New Zealand.
The truth is these signings bring a lot to the club, not only on the pitch but so much more. We are severely handicapped which will become apparent over the next number of seasons. We can't retain loyal players which will make it very hard to sign any non-mercenaries in the future. We can't get fringe players from Munster and Leinster to move north for love nor money. It also seems we're to be treated differently and more harshly than Leinster and Munster.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:34 pm

marty2086 wrote:

I could be wrong but was restructuring not what was proposed before and it crashed and burned, I thought that came from Ulster and not Dublin

No came from Nucifera but we might be talking about something different.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:'As much as I love watching Coetzee, Pienaar and Piatua this is simply a false economy and not sustainable to build a club around.'

A false economy would be believing we have the resources to produce the level of players so that we could do without the marquee signings.

We do have the resources as we have a much bigger population than Munster and they are doing better than us at producing players. We also have a bigger base than many of the other pro12 teams and even many English sides.

The problem is we don't have the development systems in place to convert that into a professional player base to run a professional club because the grassroots system is not fit for purpose.

This is what Nucifera (and Schmidt) is trying to address and if Pienaar is collateral damage to have a brighter future for Ulster then so be it - things have to change and the signs with the new coaching team coming is that they will.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm

rodders wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

No came from Nucifera but we might be talking about something different.

There are ways and means to make things happen though, if Dublin really wanted things done they could easily use funding to do that by either cutting Ulster off or directing it to clubs etc to stifle the Schools Cup which isn't a problem in itself as they haven't tried to do the same in the other provinces

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:11 pm

rodders wrote:Why do people keep saying "test level 9"?

Conor Murray is a test level 9.

We are talking about a 9 who can play for Ulster in the pro12. We can't even produce that.

Ulster seem to think the solution to everything is signing a SH player. This is sweeping things under the carpet. The IRFU backed Humphreys and Logan's 3 year plan that bringing in these players was a temporary measure that would help develop indigenous players, once they left but they have not followed through. That was almost a decade ago.

As much as I love watching Coetzee, Pienaar and Piatua this is simply a false economy and not sustainable to build a club around.

That is why we will continue to be the 3rd province (if we're lucky) because these big names come and go, whilst the other provinces build their core team around players they produce and bolster with overseas players, whereas we do the opposite.

A few years without NIE's will see Ulster invest properly in the club and school system, and develop fit for purpose underage systems and address the problems that they are currently masking over.

Otherwise in 2 years the same conversation about Pienaar we'll be having about some one else.

Because the debate is centered on Nucifora, and his cunning plan to magically produce a test level 9 by forcing Pienaar out.

You don't think the other Provinces rely on NIE's?

A few years without NIE's will destroy Ulster Rugby, and have an adverse impact on the IRFU/Ireland. It's a wonderful ideal, but it simply isn't practical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:27 pm

"The problem is we don't have the development systems in place to convert that into a professional player base to run a professional club because the grassroots system is not fit for purpose."

Precisely, therefore we don't have the overall resources. Player progression is blocked from very early on.
The schools have a lot to answer for when it comes to that but the schools cup is the great immovable object it seems.
Population means nothing and for that matter player base means nothing if players are heading down a dead-end road.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Munchkin wrote:

Because the debate is centered on Nucifora, and his cunning plan to magically produce a test level 9 by forcing Pienaar out.

A few years without NIE's will destroy Ulster Rugby, and have an adverse impact on the IRFU/Ireland. It's a wonderful ideal, but it simply isn't practical.

I can't think of another example where another province was so ill prepared for the loss of an NIE player due to poor succession planning.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 pm

rodders wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

I can't think of another example where another province was so ill prepared for the loss of an NIE player due to poor succession planning.

Apparently Leinster aren't too well prepared for the loss of Nacewa that they have had to bring him out of retirement and keep resigning him

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:06 pm

rodders wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

How well has Leinster's succession plan succeeded with respect to 9's, Centre and 15? What home grown 10 have they to succeed Sexton? Madigan? Nice that they had Connacht as their development side for so long, but they have still needed their NIQ's, even so.

And now we have Leinster signing Fardy, allegedly as a 2nd row, but the IRFU are not restricting Fardy to that position > Fardy So much for Leinster not having a need/want for NIQ's ....

Getting rid of our NIQ's creates problems and solves none, as with Pienaar being forced out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:52 pm

Didn't the IRFU say that Lock was a problem for them in the future. Isn't that why Henderson has been told he's a 5 going forward?

Redman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:00 pm

I don't know but, if they did, bringing in Fardy will be blocking any potential test level 2ns row.

I'm probably coming across as having an issue with Leinster. I don't. My issue is with Nucifora/IRFU. On the face of it, they do not treat all Provinces with an even hand, but it's the nonsensical decision to force Pienaar out, irrespective of what happens in any other Province, that grinds my gears most.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Brett Herron (apparently Ulster's 'up and coming star'), banned for drink driving STUPID-BOY

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Munchkin wrote:I don't know but, if they did, bringing in Fardy will be blocking any potential test level 2ns row.

I'm probably coming across as having an issue with Leinster. I don't. My issue is with Nucifora/IRFU. On the face of it, they do not treat all Provinces with an even hand, but it's the nonsensical decision to force Pienaar out that grinds my gears most.

I don't think its a case of treating each province differently, there is a case by case approach but there is a lack of joined up thinking to it all, if the IRFU wanted Pienaar out surely they should have been telling Leinster that they couldn't get a project 9 as there was a greater need as logically it was a better fit or at least saying that there was a need for second along with Cooney coming in, especially now that it looks like the qualifying period will go up to 5 years which means it'll not happen now.

Theres no doubting Nacewa can still cut it but I have no doubt part of the case Leinster put forward would involve him helping develop young players, which is what Pienaar would be ideal for.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Munchkin wrote:Brett Herron (apparently Ulster's 'up and coming star'), banned for drink driving STUPID-BOY

Munchkin you must have missed that yesterday when I posted it Rolling Eyes

Deselected and fined by Ulster while Wilson wasn't deselected when he was caught a while back and we could do with him being deselected

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:20 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:Brett Herron (apparently Ulster's 'up and coming star'), banned for drink driving STUPID-BOY

Deselected and fined by Ulster while Wilson wasn't deselected when he was caught a while back and we could do with him being deselected

Sorry, Marty. I should be more attentive Smile

It's a shame the Court couldn't have banned them both from Ulster Rugby for a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:23 pm

Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

It's a shame the Court couldn't have banned them both from Ulster Rugby for a year.

I don't mind Herron, I see some potential there but its getting it out of him which we probably won't

Wilson hopefully won't be around much longer

The whole thing sends the wrong message though, if you are a senior player or we are up a creek and really need you we'll pick you regardless of how much of a pillock you are

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:26 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:I don't know but, if they did, bringing in Fardy will be blocking any potential test level 2ns row.

I'm probably coming across as having an issue with Leinster. I don't. My issue is with Nucifora/IRFU. On the face of it, they do not treat all Provinces with an even hand, but it's the nonsensical decision to force Pienaar out that grinds my gears most.

I don't think its a case of treating each province differently, there is a case by case approach but there is a lack of joined up thinking to it all, if the IRFU wanted Pienaar out surely they should have been telling Leinster that they couldn't get a project 9 as there was a greater need as logically it was a better fit or at least saying that there was a need for second along with Cooney coming in, especially now that it looks like the qualifying period will go up to 5 years which means it'll not happen now.

Theres no doubting Nacewa can still cut it but I have no doubt part of the case Leinster put forward would involve him helping develop young players, which is what Pienaar would be ideal for.

I pretty much agree with that, but I can't agree that the Provinces are treated evenly. Connacht certainly wasn't, up until recently, and the latest shenanigan's do appear to favour Leinster over Ulster. I do think that if Pienaar played for Leinster, he would still be playing for them next season. That's not the fault of Leinster that I feel that way. It is the fault of Nucifora/IRFU.

Last edited by Munchkin on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:28 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I don't mind Herron, I see some potential there but its getting it out of him which we probably won't

The whole thing sends the wrong message though, if you are a senior player or we are up a creek and really need you we'll pick you regardless of how much of a pillock you are

I'm not a fan of Herron, but I'm being harsh, I know. He can learn and improve, but I just don't see star quality in him. Hope he proves me wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Will yis never bloody well wait for Jonno Gibsess  to arrive?! (English translation:  Please be patient and wait for Jonno to arrive)

A few weeks ago it was all up.  Now it's back to all gloom again.  So top four might be dicey this year (but still doable) - and top six looks good - European rugby and Gibbes in next season.

Not bad considering all the issues.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:46 pm

I really am optimistic about Ulster for next season. I'm just not happy about the Nucifora/IRFU hypocrisy when dealing with Ulster, and that's not something I believe will change. A bit like Ulster politics - same old same old.

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:11 pm

Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I'm not a fan of Herron, but I'm being harsh, I know. He can learn and improve, but I just don't see star quality in him. Hope he proves me wrong.

In the few games he's played he is trying to do the right things but not pulling them off, that tells me the minds there but whether the ability to execute them is only time will tell. He has taken a big jump up in the standards he's facing but the likes of Carberry have to and taken to it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:26 pm

marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

In the few games he's played he is trying to do the right things but not pulling them off, that tells me the minds there but whether the ability to execute them is only time will tell. He has taken a big jump up in the standards he's facing but the likes of Carberry have to and taken to it

Carberry is a naturally skilled player, but has yet to prove he has the brains for the position. Similar to Madigan, but the potential is there. Herron might come good, but my gut instinct tells me he won't make international level, unlike Carberry. I could well be wrong though, and maybe others see something in him that I'm missing. I honestly hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:43 pm

marty2086 wrote:

I have spent months wondering how Roger Wilson can still be in the team ahead of Lorcan Dow

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:Will yis never bloody well wait for Jonno Gibsess  to arrive?! (English translation:  Please be patient and wait for Jonno to arrive)

A few weeks ago it was all up.  Now it's back to all gloom again.  So top four might be dicey this year (but still doable) - and top six looks good - European rugby and Gibbes in next season.

Not bad considering all the issues.

c'mon Secret surely you know us better than that, you know we can't be happy until we are unhappy

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:47 pm

neilthom7 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I have spent months wondering how Roger Wilson can still be in the team ahead of Lorcan Dow

We all have

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Redman Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Onto the game tonight and it's really great to see Payne back. Classy, classy player for us. There aren't many teams in world rugby who wouldn't want him.

Redman

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:33 pm

Just noticed Dan Jones is the ref again tonight Shocked picard

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:37 pm

Frak me the pitch looks like a swimming pool

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:41 pm

I can't see this being the most pleasant game to watch. Might be difficult to get a bonus point playing in a giant puddle.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:43 pm

marty2086 wrote:Just noticed Dan Jones is the ref again tonight Shocked picard

Why do we keep getting that muppet. Lets see if he can make a decision tonight.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 pm

I didn't realise Peter Jackson was playing at 10 for us. Interesting career change.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Completely off his feet.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:55 pm

Good job, Herbst.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down