The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

+72
Rugby Fan
TrailApe
MrsP
poissonrouge
asoreleftshoulder
TJ
Engine#4
RuggerRadge2611
wolfball
Poorfour
Breadvan
Shifty
whocares
alfie
SimonofSurrey
Pete330v2
mid_gen
nathan
kingelderfield
Wiglaf
RDW
Heaf
trebellbobaggins
captain carrantuohil
tazfalklands
Cyril
eirebilly
mikey_dragon
aucklandlaurie
WELL-PAST-IT
brennomac
profitius
munkian
B91212
Sin é
BigTrevsbigmac
cascough
marty2086
the-goon
Hammersmith harrier
Geordie
Recwatcher16
carpet baboon
Geen sport voor watjes
dummy_half
funnyExiledScot
Sgt_Pooly
BamBam
lostinwales
Hood83
Gwlad
majesticimperialman
doctor_grey
Exiledinborders
robbo277
SecretFly
Gooseberry
The Great Aukster
TightHEAD
Barney McGrew did it
rodders
beshocked
englandglory4ever
yappysnap
Scottrf
GunsGermsV2
LondonTiger
Rory_Gallagher
No 7&1/2
rapidsnowman
EnglishReign
George Carlin
76 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Empty 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by George Carlin Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Irelan10  6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Englan11
IRELAND v ENGLAND
18 March 2017
KO: 17:00 GMT
Aviva Stadium, Dublin

Referee: Jerome Garces (France)
Touch judges: Mathieu Raynal (France) & Marius Mitrea (Italy)
TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

Live on [BBC, RTE, DMAX, FR2, ITV (H)]

A. Head to Head

131 Played 131
47 Won 76
8 Drawn 8
76 Lost 47
1,079 Points 1,526

B. Recent Form

27 February 2016
Twickenham, London
21 – 10 to England

5 September 2015
Twickenham, London
21 – 13 to England

1 March 2015
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
19 – 9 to Ireland

22 February 2014
Twickenham, London
13 – 10 to England

10 February 2013
Aviva Stadium, Dublin
6 – 12 to England

17 March 2012
Twickenham, London
30 – 9 to England

C. Teams

IRELAND
6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Irish_11
Payne; Earls, Ringrose, Henshaw, Zebo; Sexton, Marmion; McGrath, Best (captain), Furlong; Ryan, Henderson; Stander, O'Brien, Heaslip,

Replacements: Scannell, Healy, Ryan, Toner, O'Mahony, McGrath, Jackson, Conway.

ENGLAND
6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Bulldo10
Brown; Watson, Joseph, Farrell, Daly; Ford, Youngs; Marler, Hartley (captain), Cole; Launchbury, Lawes; Itoje, Haskell, B Vunipola.

Replacements: George, M Vunipola, Sinckler, Wood, Hughes, Care, Te'o, Nowell.

Last edited by George Carlin on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Empty Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:53 pm

eirebilly wrote:Wolfball,

Quite simply put, I feel that Schmidt is an absolutely outstanding club coach (in Ireland) but not a national coach for Ireland. He has too much loyalty in players whom he used to coach. His comments aimed against players (especially Ulster players) have left a sour taste in my mouth.

There really is no way POM would have started today if Heaslip was not injured and yet I feel he was one of the main reasons Ireland won. Not that Heaslip is a bad player but the back row has more balance with POM there.

Too many times I have seen Ireland perform better when certain 'key' players have been injured and Schmidt is forced to think outside the box and pick form players in their best positions.

Maybe I am harsh in saying he is a poor coach but he is not a great coach either, he is built up beyond belief but his tactics are far too easily countered at International level.

For a coach who is easily countered,he has overseen wins against the no.1,2 and 3 sides in the world this season while also getting us a top seeding at the next WC for the first time ever. I don't agree with everything he does but really he was proven right to leave Payne out til now but he probably should have replaced Stander with PoM.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March - Page 16 Empty Re: 6N 2017: Ireland v England, 18 March

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 8:55 pm

Peter O'Mahony is an outstanding player. POM, O'brien and Stander sounds like a great backrow. Looked like one too today.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:00 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:The 'limited ambition' thing was a recognition that Ireland sought to win by depriving England of ball and strangling them. Nothing wrong in that but my point is I'd like a team with so much ball and dominance to open up a bit. Ireland left a shed load of points on the field today: where were the scintillating backs move?

I don't suppose they're too bothered about that, they came up with a gameplan that worked, winning by four points or 25 is still the same result.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:06 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Hood83 wrote:
ebop wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:A team on the up got stifled by a performance of limitless courage and limited ambition
Sorry to kick you while you're down but limited ambition would be how I'd describe England's play. Relying on mauls and penalties about sums up that England game plan.

Hahaha, behave, you're not sorry in the slightest ebop! I think it would be fairer to describe our mauling and scrum pens as 'plan B'. We tried to run, we tried to bosh it up the middle, and it wasn't working (Ireland wouldn't let it), so we switched to up the jumper stuff. It was what you guys failed to do in that first game where you just couldn't resist running from everywhere.

There seems to be this idea that just running it is 'ambitious'. I like the way Ireland play, but in some senses it IS quite low risk. It's multi-phase, rarely targeting angles that might lead to isolation, very few offloads etc. When it works though I think it looks great, because it looks completely irresistible.

Hoody us Kiwis are extremely sorry you lost, we wanted you guys to win and take the record, then you would have paid us moonbeams to play you in November at Twickers.

On this point of Ireland holding possession, at times they are probably the best team in the World at doing it, however you have to do one of two things with that ball either starve the opposition of territory or score points, and when you score points you give the opposition another kick restart and possession becomes a raffle.

Ha, good point, I hadn't considered that Very Happy Sorry to disappoint. Yes I think you're right. Today I think it was always going to be about who had most discipline.I think we believed if we kept knocking them back eventually they'd make a mistake, the only problem was we made one first. Given we weren't really competing much at the ruck (or weren't allowed to) it seems that had to be our plan. I guess the lack of ambition ebop mentioned is, in that instance, a fair cop.

The bizarre thing for me was we didn't target their line out. I think because the Irish maul has massively improved under Schmidt and has been a weapon recently we decided to focus on nullifying that, which we did well, but a shame we didn't look to disrupt and win the ball back in the air. Seemed an obvious move, maybe too obvious.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:08 pm

Quite simply put, I feel that Schmidt is an absolutely outstanding club coach (in Ireland) but not a national coach for Ireland. He has too much loyalty in players whom he used to coach. His comments aimed against players (especially Ulster players) have left a sour taste in my mouth.

There really is no way POM would have started today if Heaslip was not injured and yet I feel he was one of the main reasons Ireland won. Not that Heaslip is a bad player but the back row has more balance with POM there.

Too many times I have seen Ireland perform better when certain 'key' players have been injured and Schmidt is forced to think outside the box and pick form players in their best positions.

Maybe I am harsh in saying he is a poor coach but he is not a great coach either, he is built up beyond belief but his tactics are far too easily countered at International level.

Snore, easily Ireland's most successful coach ever.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:24 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

For a coach who is easily countered,he has overseen wins against the no.1,2 and 3 sides in the world this season  while also getting us a top seeding at the next WC for the first time ever. I don't agree with everything he does but really he was proven right to leave Payne out til now but he probably should have replaced Stander with PoM.

Complete and utter balahaw. The enforced (ahem) change had the best no8 in Ireland and the best no6 and it showed. More Joepologisms.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:25 pm

Ireland firsts under Schmidt:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ
First SANZAR sweep in one year
First series win in Argentina
First time to beat France in the WC in four efforts
First time to secure a tier 1 seeding for a world cup
First and only time to win back to back six nations championships
Second time to reach 2nd in the world ranking last year
First Ireland team to beat Australia in a high scoring game. Both teams over 20m points.

Yet some fans still want to whinge about him at any opportunity. Bizarre.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:26 pm

And yet we haven't actually won anything

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:26 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:

For a coach who is easily countered,he has overseen wins against the no.1,2 and 3 sides in the world this season  while also getting us a top seeding at the next WC for the first time ever. I don't agree with everything he does but really he was proven right to leave Payne out til now but he probably should have replaced Stander with PoM.

Complete and utter balahaw. The enforced (ahem) change had the best no8 in Ireland and the best no6 and it showed. More Joepologisms.

If those selections were so important how did we beat NZ and Aus this season?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

So Ireland winning had nothing to do with coaching? Bahahahhahahaha

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:27 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:And yet we haven't actually won anything

We've won half the 6 nations championships he's been in charge for.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:29 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:And yet we haven't actually won anything

Ireland have only won the 6 nations 3 times, twice with Schmidt as coach. So yes we have won things.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:31 pm

Still waiting for an explanation as to how two underwhelming 6ns and getting stuffed by Argentina in the World Cup means we have "won something or improved. Fact is heaslip not injured today = we would have lost. Same withe rob kearney. That's great coaching alright

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:32 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Still waiting for an explanation as to how two underwhelming 6ns and getting stuffed by Argentina in the World Cup means we have "won something or improved. Fact is heaslip not injured today = we would have lost. Same withe rob kearney. That's great coaching alright

You don't really understand what a fact is,look it up.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Still waiting for an explanation as to how two underwhelming 6ns and getting stuffed by Argentina in the World Cup means we have "won something or improved. Fact is heaslip not injured today = we would have lost. Same withe rob kearney. That's great coaching alright

Instead of acting like a silly little child why don't you just enjoy the win.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:33 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Still waiting for an answer. You clearly don't have one

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:34 pm

Rob Kearney was one of our better backs this tournament. Beat more defenders than any other FB up until today.

We just came second in a very competitive six nations by defeating the 2nd ranked team in the world on an 18 match win streak. It wasnt our best year but very far from our worst.

Heaslip has signed a 3 year contract extension and rightly so. He is an Ireland legend.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:34 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Instead of acting like a silly little child why don't you just enjoy the win.

Maybe you should worry about your own limitations and let us worry about ours. Cheers

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:

Still waiting for an answer. You clearly don't have one

You are clearly a troll. Are you an Ireland fan?

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

Hammersmith hammer - which is why I congratulated Ireland on their win whilst being frank enough to recognise the limitations of their effective game plan. Of course it doesn't matter if the win was by four points, more, or less.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:36 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Rob Kearney was one of our better backs this tournament. Beat more defenders than any other FB up until today.

We just came second in a very competitive six nations by defeating the 2nd ranked team in the world on an 18 match win streak. It wasnt our best year but very far from our worst.

Heaslip has signed a 3 year contract extension and rightly so. He is an Ireland legend.

Stats hunt.

And still no answer

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:37 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Stats hunt.

And still no answer

Did you have a few too many bacardi breezers tonight? WTF are you talking about? Are you an Ireland fan?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:41 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Ireland firsts under Schmidt:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ
First Ireland team to beat Australia in a high scoring game. Both teams over 20m points.

It is bizarre, that's a nice looking list

Are there any local coaches waiting in the wings?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:42 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:

Stats hunt.

And still no answer

Did you have a few too many bacardi breezers tonight? WTF are you talking about? Are you an Ireland fan?

Indeed I am but are you celebrating a mediocre tournament yet again. With no clear sign of development of the team. Joe got lucky today due to injury and enforced changes. If you think that is acceptable that's fine whatever rocks your boat.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:48 pm

No you definitely aren't an Ireland fan. Where in Ireland are you from?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:51 pm

ebop wrote:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ

Let me answer that from a cynics view. No he is the best coach for Ireland at the moment. The concern is that he is not capable of developing the players or the Irish gameplan. For the first two years he had "his" players from Leinster playing in a certain way and it was successful. When he lost BoD POC etc the hole was too big to fill and there is a concern we are becoming a once off team incapable of being successful at a tournament like the wc or 6ns. In addition he has kept faith with players who are getting past it and where there are demonstrably better options. After beating the ABs I thought he'll yeah we are going to kick on but the 6ns has been completely underwhelming

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:55 pm

ebop wrote:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ

Have some decent Irish coaches like Bernard Jackman and Conor O'Shea. A few others coaching in France. Schmidt is way ahead of everyone else we have in Ireland though and not sure how people can argue that.

99% of Ireland fans that dont like Schmidt are from Munster. They tend to have a massive chip on their shoulder when it comes to anything with links to Dublin. Given that Schmidt coached Leinster who are based in Dublin they cant seem to get over it. Its all really sad to be honest.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 9:57 pm

The 6N is more even than I think the formerly dominant teams (England, Ireland and Wales) are willing to admit. Considering every team appears to be capable of beating any of the others (apart from poor old Italy).

Scotland beat Ireland, the same Ireland who beat England. Even though Ireland lost to Wales, the same Wales that were beaten by Scotland, the same Scotland that were gubbed by England. The same England who beat Wales. Wales then lost to France, although France were beaten by Ireland.

There is very little between the teams and home advantage seems to have a big impact on results these days.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:05 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ

Have some decent Irish coaches like Bernard Jackman and Conor O'Shea. A few others coaching in France. Schmidt is way ahead of everyone else we have in Ireland though and not sure how people can argue that.

99% of Ireland fans that dont like Schmidt are from Munster. They tend to have a massive chip on their shoulder when it comes to anything with links to Dublin. Given that Schmidt coached Leinster who are based in Dublin they cant seem to get over it. Its all really sad to be honest.

This of course is the straw man argument put out by people with a limited knowledge of what is happening to the team. Even suggesting jackman or O'Shea shows this. There are real concerns about where we are headed. Being hard to beat is one thing being consistent and looking like we are developing is another

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:08 pm

Where are you from in Ireland?

You do seem to have a clue what you are talking about at all. Very ironic post.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:10 pm

[quote="Geen sport voor watjes"]
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ

I think the same could have been said about Kidney's tender.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:12 pm

Re home advantage. May be when it comes to the last game of the 6ns it should be played on neutral ground? 

Or maybe that would be unfair on in this 6ns Ireland.

It cannot happen though can it?

Teams have to get used to playing and winning Home and away.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:15 pm

The difference is Kidney was selecting a majority of players from Munster when they were the third best team in Ireland and not playing well. Leinster have by and large been the top performing team for most of Schmidt's tenure. Hardly surprising that there have been a lot of Leinster players. Schmidt Ireland is consistently better than Kidneys team was.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:16 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
ebop wrote:

First win v SA in SA
First win v NZ

I think the same could have been said about Kidney's tender.

It's interesting to note what happens to Irish coaches. Honeymoon period followed by a slow decline. I still think Schmidt is the best coach for Ireland. But not sure he is the new messiah. In terms of other coaches when you see what Lam did with Connacht then maybe just maybe he could do something similar for the national team.

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:18 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:Re home advantage. May be when it comes to the last game of the 6ns it should be played on neutral ground? 

Or maybe that would be unfair on in this 6ns Ireland.

It cannot happen though can it?

Teams have to get used to playing and winning Home and away.

I can just imagine the Edinburgh faithful scrambling to buy tickets for the Italy Vs France neutral ground match being held at Murrayfield on the final weekend.

It would only work if the neutral match round was drawn after round 4.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:19 pm

What a dreadfully disappointing game.  Joe really needs to get his act together!  He's in danger now of being sacked and forcing Ireland to pay off the French League side Vern is going to so that Vern comes here instead!

Oh sorry....that was my prepared statement for if we lost............... hmmm, where is the other one - the one that I hadn't prepared?

Oh here it is.  Hats off to Joe and the boys.  A great game of dogged determination to win on what was a bad weather day for good rugby but was a very good day considering what they were up against.  
Up against a mightily dominant, highly skilled England chasing down a few big and juicy targets (Grand Slam, 19 straight wins),
up against Irish fans' and media criticism (mine included),
up against a coach that didn't seem to know how to lose,
up against the weight of dropping out of 1st seed category,
up against enforced changes to the side, meaning rookies were required to stop the unstoppable tank that was England.

What they gave was a display of controlled passion and sustained physicality; but the part that pleased me most is that it wasn't all monumental huff and puff hotheaded stuff, it seemed quite relaxed actually in term of their mentality to use brains to direct the passion. - it seemed the players had a plan down that they believed in and were content to play the game with hard physicality but with a mental control against such a side that impressed me.  
Sexton said earlier in the week that the players wouldn't be distracted from what they wanted to do on the day.  They had a plan that they would stick to and trust it to win.

After that season, which was more off than on for us in terms of form, 2nd and a win against the Number 2 side in the world... yeah, it'll do.  I'm happy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

Yay we beat the 2nd ranked team in the world to come second in the 6ns. Remind me what ranking were the teams we lost to?

All is well

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

It's interesting to note what happens to Irish coaches. Honeymoon period followed by a slow decline. I still think Schmidt is the best coach for Ireland. But not sure he is the new messiah. In terms of other coaches when you see what Lam did with Connacht then maybe just maybe he could do something similar for the national team.

What did Lam do with Connacht? Elwood had Connacht playing some very good and pretty rugby. So rather like Leinster, Lam came to a side with a certain penchant already for the game he liked. Joe Schmidt, what did he achieve with Leinster? And more importantly, with what kind of game did he achieve it? I wouldn't be so ready to believe that any coach that moves from Provincial/Club to International is going to necessarily adopt the same methods of club. Maybe Lam would lose his nerve too?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:26 pm

Congratulations England on winning the championship. You've had some run.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:29 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Yay we beat the 2nd ranked team in the world to come second in the 6ns. Remind me what ranking were the teams we lost to?

All is well

Em... I don't know DOD. You tell me. I just keep my eye forever on what's above us. Call me greedy.
Given the season we've had.... playing absolutely terrible stuff at times.... it's a good end of Championship. You don't expect to win a Slam playing the stuff we've been playing this season. So 2nd is a good result playing well below our best.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:30 pm

Whatevs and who or what is a DOD

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:31 pm

Just got home from watching with my club. Ireland were very good and played with intensity simply a bridge too far for England today. They delivered the goods.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm

Geen sport voor watjes wrote:Whatevs and who or what is a DOD

date of death.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:36 pm

Great to have you back Declan! You used be called something else as well - after a gun or something! What was it.

By the way, great having EOS back on the telly for his sayings. He said of POM today - ''Heart in Oven, Head in Fridge''. Sums up POM expertly.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:38 pm

Sin é wrote:

Great to have you back Declan!  You used be called something else as well - after a gun or something! What was it.

By the way, great having EOS back on the telly for his sayings. He said of POM today - ''Heart in Oven, Head in Fridge''. Sums up POM expertly.

Missed that!  That's a good one sure enough.  And the little smug head on him was a delight. (on EOS that is.)

Last edited by SecretFly on Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geen sport voor watjes Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:40 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Great to have you back Declan!  You used be called something else as well - after a gun or something! What was it.

Missed that!  That's a good one sure enough.  And the little smug head on him was a delight.

And probably dropped for the next game

Geen sport voor watjes

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 18 Mar 2017, 10:44 pm

Kept in cryogenic suspension suspension for the really big games?

Nah, POM is a warrior. Irish Captain in the making.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:08 pm

Sin é wrote:

Me-109, some Nazi plane.

Should have guessed the anti Schmidt comments were coming from a bogger from Skibbereen. No surprise there.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:18 pm

Sin é wrote:

Is that Messerschmitt (ME 19 or something close to that)?

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Sat 18 Mar 2017, 11:19 pm

I feel I must share this - because I couldn't stop laughing at the visual picture that was conjured up by an article by Chris Rattue on the NZ herald website.
Link to article
I'm afraid it is rather anti English - but the paragraph quoted below (especially the bit in bold) was just hilarious  
White is a great colour to wear for muscle-bound rugby people who want to look menacing. But it also looks a bit cringey when things go wrong. England were wrecking balls in chains. A lot of them looked like overstuffed plastic shopping bags in desperate need of a trolley.
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next