The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British & Irish Lions Squad 2017

+57
carpet baboon
Ozzy3213
BigGee
formerly known as Sam
Dontheman2
rodders
cascough
wayne
BamBam
BigTrevsbigmac
lostinwales
LordDowlais
RDW
The Great Aukster
geoff999rugby
Winzer
WELL-PAST-IT
LondonTiger
EWT Spoons
Geen sport voor watjes
George Carlin
EST
kingelderfield
RiscaGame
Sin é
alive555
funnyExiledScot
Fluxy
TightHEAD
Taylorman
Gwlad
Rugby Fan
Rory_Gallagher
True Raven
majesticimperialman
mikey_dragon
hugehandoff
aucklandlaurie
TrailApe
R!skysports
RuggerRadge2611
Gooseberry
nlpnlp
Sgt_Pooly
Cyril
beshocked
Hammersmith harrier
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
GunsGermsV2
robbo277
Luckless Pedestrian
No 7&1/2
SecretFly
marty2086
Scottrf
munkian
61 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

British & Irish Lions Squad 2017 - Page 9 Empty British & Irish Lions Squad 2017

Post by munkian Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Scottrf wrote:Lawes was better than AWJ every week in the 6 Nations and isn't injured yet he's the strange call Rolling Eyes

AWJ is a leader and well respected by his peers as well as being a former winning Lions test captain.

Lions players aren't just based on how well they did in the six nations, they are picked on how well the coaches think they will gel into the squad.

You need leaders on and off the pitch.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

British & Irish Lions Squad 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: British & Irish Lions Squad 2017

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 5:52 pm

Was he dropped if he was banned guns. Not for me.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

British & Irish Lions Squad 2017 - Page 9 Empty Re: British & Irish Lions Squad 2017

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 5:54 pm

What would you do rory if someone fish hooked you?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 25 Apr 2017, 5:58 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:What would you do rory if someone fish hooked you?
I would end the movie at that point:

British & Irish Lions Squad 2017 - Page 9 Fished10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:00 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cyril wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:He isnt an angel at all in international rugby. He has been cited for biting. Club rugby suspensions impact on international games too so your point is fairly irrelevant especially given that he missed the last Lions tour due to a club rugby suspension. I dont blame the management for not trusting him.

I'd probably bit if getting fishhooked.

If you believe that Hartley was being "fish hooked" by a player with one of the cleanest records in rugby you will believe anything. Very gullible.
The Irish tend to have good legal teams and it helps that most rugby administration is in Dublin.

They're not afraid to grease the wheel of justice either.

Its a wonder the Irish dont go  for a sport like yachting more, the process in yachting is that you hold the competition then you go and have a court case to see who won, the Irish would love it.

Coming from a Kiwi whose rugby team lawyer up and deny everything as a default stance on literally everything. Wonderful irony.

Aucklandlaurie is still recovering from his humiliation after one of his players were cited after the Ireland game. This is after his total assurance that no citing would come, with a nice sprinkle of ad hominem attacks, which made him look utterly ridiculous.

Rory, may I introduce you to reality.

Reality being, that after losing, the outcry from Ireland was deafening of those terrible brutish,thuggish All Blacks, after the All Blacks had just put on the best defensive display we had seen in International rugby for a number of years. Why would the Irish do this? especially after only a fortnight prior they had enjoyed the most notable victory of their rugby history.

Also reality being: One New Zealand player was banned for one week, which shows it wasnt the crime of the century, the other citing resulted in an acquittal as the allegations were completely groundless.

Rory, might I respectfully suggest to you that you need to learn how conduct yourself properly not only in victory, but also in defeat.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:21 pm

From a Kiwi! Food poisoning anyone?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cyril wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:He isnt an angel at all in international rugby. He has been cited for biting. Club rugby suspensions impact on international games too so your point is fairly irrelevant especially given that he missed the last Lions tour due to a club rugby suspension. I dont blame the management for not trusting him.

If you believe that Hartley was being "fish hooked" by a player with one of the cleanest records in rugby you will believe anything. Very gullible.
The Irish tend to have good legal teams and it helps that most rugby administration is in Dublin.

Its a wonder the Irish dont go  for a sport like yachting more, the process in yachting is that you hold the competition then you go and have a court case to see who won, the Irish would love it.

Coming from a Kiwi whose rugby team lawyer up and deny everything as a default stance on literally everything. Wonderful irony.

Aucklandlaurie is still recovering from his humiliation after one of his players were cited after the Ireland game. This is after his total assurance that no citing would come, with a nice sprinkle of ad hominem attacks, which made him look utterly ridiculous.

Reality being, that after losing, the outcry from Ireland was deafening of those terrible brutish,thuggish All Blacks, after the All Blacks had just put on the best defensive display we had seen in International rugby for a number of years. Why would the Irish do this? especially after only a fortnight prior they had enjoyed the most notable victory of their rugby history.

Also reality being: One New Zealand player was banned for one week, which shows it wasnt the crime of the century, the other citing resulted in an acquittal as the allegations were completely groundless.

Rory, might I respectfully suggest to you that you need to learn how conduct yourself properly not only in victory, but also in defeat.

Stop the world i want to get off. Signs of humility and hypocrisy from a Kiwi. More shocking revelations!!! Shocked

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:53 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
Cyril wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Isn't that rich. Introducing me to reality by conveniently changing your argument to only "one week" after insulting my intelligence for suggesting there will be a citing. Might I respectfully suggest you man up, own up to your errors and apologise instead of trying to subtly pretend you were correct all along.

Also, cut the straw man. This has/had nothing to do with the defeat, but the dirty tactics of your team that day (which you have adopted well yourself).

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 25 Apr 2017, 6:54 pm

I don't know, but I also don't see how this is relevant.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:01 pm

Fair enough it was a long time ago and has sod all to do with gatland leaving hartley out.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:03 pm

Gatland left Hartley out because he is a temperamental failed kiwi who would have taken so much sledging and provocation at the hands of a side that will do anything - ask ireland - to get the upper hand. Being so easily provoked he would have been a liability in the front row or indeed in any ruck or maul or perhaps just by accusing the ref of cheating

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:12 pm

Poor again gwlad.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:25 pm

No, this is poor.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm

Dear me.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:15 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Poor again gwlad.

Yes I think he's nervous about the tour. The number of completely unjustified and inaccurate comments about NZ and it's rugby leaves him a tortured soul...and the real torture hasn't even begun...stay tuned!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:09 pm

I hear Gatland has asked for the roof to be shut when we play the Highlanders in Dunedin. Just like home Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm

Well that's good because Gatland only wins at home.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:38 pm

The roof is permanently shut, you woudnt find us Kiwis engaging in this roof open/shut malarkey.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:17 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:The roof is permanently shut, you woudnt find us Kiwis engaging in this roof open/shut malarkey.

We know. You just suit yourselves every time.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:48 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:The roof is permanently shut, you woudnt find us Kiwis engaging in this roof open/shut malarkey.

notworthy notworthy notworthy

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Apr 2017, 1:17 am

We couldn't afford the remote...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 26 Apr 2017, 5:34 am

Taylorman wrote:We couldn't afford the remote...
Laugh I just assumed that Jamie Joseph had lost it down the back of the sofa.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:21 am

George Carlin wrote:
Taylorman wrote:We couldn't afford the remote...
Laugh I just assumed that Jamie Joseph had lost it down the back of the sofa.

Is he still spinning that yarn? No wonder he's hiding in Japan. (Popular opinion is he accidentally swallowed it during a half time rant at the Landers backs). Whistle

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:18 am

Scottrf wrote:Well that's good because Gatland only wins at home.

Except, y'know, when he doesn't...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:37 am

munkian wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Well that's good because Gatland only wins at home.

Except, y'know, when he doesn't...

I was being emphatic, but if we ignore 6 Nations (Howley), then it's LLLLLLDLLW back to the start of the World Cup.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 8:59 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:

Kiwis clearly cant handle criticism. The Irish criticised us boo hoo.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:27 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

Well at least we handled losing better, even when we have much less experience at it.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:30 am

You didn't have a player KO'd on the ground when you lost and Ireland didn't have any incidents referred to the citing commissioner nor any suspensions. Can you really not see the difference?

Do you really believe that the ABs should be immune to criticism?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:33 am

No you don't handle losing well - that is the whole point

I'll stir the pot further.

I have been at numerous Internationals against all of the top 9 countries in the rankings, and some others.
With one exception had a great craic both pre and post match regardless of the result with supporters from them all bar one.
Kiwis - whenever I have been at matches meeting them they have been so dull, serious and uninterested in communicating Headscratch Run

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Apr 2017, 9:48 am

Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

Well at least we handled losing better, even when we have much less experience at it.

We'll call it as we see it. There were no complaints last Saturday after Saracens defeated Munster. Owen & Andy Farrell got a spontanious standing ovation when they went into a pub in Sandymount last Saturday after the match from Munster supporters who had been at the match.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:06 am

geoff999rugby wrote:No you don't handle losing well - that is the whole point

I have been at numerous Internationals against all of the top 9 countries in the rankings, and some others.
With one exception had a great craic both pre and post match regardless of the result with supporters from them all bar one.
Kiwis - whenever I have been at matches meeting them they have been so dull, serious and uninterested in communicating Headscratch Run

Well, mine was tongue in cheek but if you want to go all dull and serious on it then that's up to you. All I recall was an outpouring of congrats from kiwis the world over after Chicago and after Dublin it was moan, moan, poor us this, those mean All Blacks blah blah...where were the Reds, the citings? Nope, just good old tough rugby...well, welcome to the top of the pops sunshine, if you can't stand the heat.... Whistle Run

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:18 am

Taylorman wrote:

Well, mine was tongue in cheek but if you want to go all dull and serious on it then that's up to you. All I recall was an outpouring of congrats from kiwis the world over after Chicago and after Dublin it was moan, moan, poor us this, those mean All Blacks blah blah...where were the Reds, the citings? Nope, just good old tough rugby...well, welcome to the top of the pops sunshine, if you can't stand the heat.... Whistle Run

So, the Kiwi philosophy is doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win.

And you are lecturing people on graciousness in defeat.Very Happy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:31 am

Sin é wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

So, the Kiwi philosophy is doesn't matter how you win, as long as you win.

And you are lecturing people on graciousness in defeat.Very Happy  

No, just making an observation on the outcomes of two matches. I don't actually know much about defeat, Let alone be a lecturer on it, so I bow to your experience in that regard. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 10:47 am

Must remember to sugar coat everything for Kiwis in future.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:07 am

Gwlad wrote:Gatland left Hartley out because he is a temperamental failed kiwi who would have taken so much sledging and provocation at the hands of a side that will do anything - ask ireland - to get the upper hand. Being so easily provoked he would have been a liability in the front row or indeed in any ruck or maul or perhaps just by accusing the ref of cheating

Hartley has played NZ 7 times (4 starts and 3 times off the bench). He's never been carded or cited off the back of any of these games.

I don't like the revered tone that NZ are often talked about. Yes, they're skill levels are top notch, but I don't understand the point about the sledging and provocation. Do they illicit more cards out of the opposition team for violent conduct? My guess would be if teams get carded more against NZ, it's probably just because they can't deal with the pace.

Anyway, Gatland of all people should know what happens when a kiwi tries to sledge Hartley.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:12 am

I'm not that interested in the Lions, but I would be interested in seeing a few Kiwis clotheslined or spear tackled and watch the NZ fans and press write it off as "good old tough rugby". 

The thing is, we all know that won't happen, firstly because the Lions aren't as dirty or cynical as the Kiwis, especially since we decided not to take one of their own (Hartley) and secondly because we know the NZ fans/press are possibly the most precious of all.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:22 am

I can't wait for BOD to wind himself up into a tizz and get all emotional and irrational all over again

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:24 am

Oh dear, somebody made a derogatory remark about BOD, that will really rile up the Irish fans...

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:25 am

ebop wrote:I can't wait for BOD to wind himself up into a tizz and get all emotional and irrational all over again

Only a Kiwi would call getting pissed off over a broken collar bone and 13 months out of the game irrational. Kiwi logic.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:27 am

I can understand being peeved off

But bitter and twisted after so long?

Nup, don't get it

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:27 am

So we need to worry about Payne's temperament then Rory?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:42 am

As things seem highly unlikely to improve, shall I just shut this thread now? 

Or shall I allow another 20 posts in order that posters can complete the full spectrum of making fun of each other's weight and questioning whether the parents of the other posters were ever actually really married?

Last edited by George Carlin on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:47 am

ebop wrote:I can understand being peeved off

But bitter and twisted after so long?

Nup, don't get it

Well its understandable when the limit of Umaga's compassion was to call O'Driscoll a sook. O'Driscoll has always maintained that he didnt think it was intentional.

If you are a person who denies all responsibility for your actions the consequences of you actions will always drag on longer than when you just man up and take ownership for what you did. That isnt the Kiwi way though if it was the whole saga would have been over in a week or so.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:52 am

I thought Tana apologised, didn't he?

Not that rugby players are known for apologising after such incidents given the nature of the game. Was BOD so special that he warranted one where others don't (as per the norm).

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:58 am

ebop wrote:I thought Tana apologised, didn't he?.
I believe Justin Marshall went over to see how O'Driscoll was. Apart from that, I think the most popular reaction by that All Black squad and management has been to play the victim, and condemn O'Driscoll for allowing himself to be assaulted.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:59 am

Play the victim?

Don't think so mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:04 pm

I lost all respect for the All Blacks that day, a shameful act by a precious bunch of prima donnas.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:10 pm

ebop wrote:Play the victim?

Don't think so mate
I think when you continually accuse the opposition of complaining too much about an act of assault, rather than acknowledge the offence, then you are playing the victim.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

ebop wrote:I thought Tana apologised, didn't he?

Nope, he said it was part of the game.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:29 pm

Yeah I just think some people shouldn't play this game. It's just too hard for some. can't take it, don't play it. Simple. Understand it went unpenalised, understand he was hurt, and understand it was unintentional.

A few things conspired at the same time to result in a near worst case scenario, none if it intentional. Unfortunately it happens.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Wed 26 Apr 2017, 12:39 pm

Taylorman wrote:Yeah I just think some people shouldn't play this game. It's just too hard for some. can't take it, don't play it. Simple. Understand it went unpenalised, understand he was hurt, and understand it was unintentional.

A few things conspired at the same time to result in a near worst case scenario, none if it intentional. Unfortunately it happens.

What a load of old horse Poopie.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next