The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20

5 posters

Go down

Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20 Empty Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 05 Sep 2017, 9:54 pm

Olympic Silver Medallist Joe Joyce is turning pro at the age of 31 and appears to have been matched fairly hard against Ian Lewison over 10 rounds.

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/story/_/id/20580527/british-medalist-joe-joyce-make-professional-debut-london-oct-20

Time is obviously not on his side, but how far can he go? He should certainly be able to aim for a British Title in a couple of years. It'll be interesting to see a) how he adapts to the pro game and b) how well he deals with getting tagged (which he will at some point). Is he going to be an AJ, an Audley, or somewhere in between??

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20 Empty Re: Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 06 Sep 2017, 7:34 am

Very good first fight, be interesting to see how fast he's moved

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20 Empty Re: Joe Joyce Turning Pro - First Fight Oct 20

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 20 Oct 2017, 1:18 pm

Surprised there hasnt been more posts on this? Olympic silver medalist making his debut against British title level fighter in Lewison. If Lewison is in half decent nick and gives it a good go I give him a little bit of a chance. Seen a few of Joyce's amateur fights and from what I've seen he likes to block punches with his face and has a bit of a shoddy defense. Been stopped a few times aswell and Lewison can punch. 100/1, 80/1 and 66/1 for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds for Lewison is worth a couple of quid of my money.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 20 Oct 2017, 4:40 pm

It seems if your name isn't Mayweather on here nobody seems to give a damn...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 20 Oct 2017, 6:42 pm

They could have chosen an easier opponent for a pro debut that’s for sure

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 20 Oct 2017, 10:38 pm

Impressive and controlled display by Joyce there against an experienced opponent.
I wonder whose idea it was to match him hard? He's probably learned more from that than 4 quick blow-outs against part time bouncers.
Disappointed with Lewison's physique though. Has he been training with Danny Williams?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Oct 2017, 11:43 pm

Joe Joyce is very good.From what I saw in the Olympics he was a de facto gold medal winner.When mentioning that here ,I remember there was disagreement .The French guy won some people over but not me,I thought that Joyce won by an almost embarrassing margin.
Audley.It all seems like a bad dream,doesn't it? I guess by your fifteenth fight it should be clear what the situation is re their intestinal fortitude and punch resistance.It was fairly early on that Feaudley was rumbled.The part time taxi driver's post fight comment"nah,my gran hits harder than that" a favourite of mine.
Fingers crossed.Personally suspect that AJ will come unstuck sooner rather than later and it's always fun to have a few world class British heavies

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Sun 22 Oct 2017, 2:40 pm

Certainly a very decent debut, admittedly I have very little of him previously but he was very much favouring his left jab and hook, not sure if that is his usual style or the opponent? At one stage I was wondering if he had injured his right arm/hand.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down