The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joyce vs Parker

+2
No name Bertie
Derek Smalls
6 posters

Go down

Joyce vs Parker  Empty Joyce vs Parker

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2022, 3:07 pm

This is tomorrow night
Weigh in:
Joyce 271.4lbs
Parker 255 1/4lbs

Back to top Go down

Joyce vs Parker  Empty Re: Joyce vs Parker

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 23 Sep 2022, 3:58 pm

Surely a defeat for either close the case for that person at the very top level .
Parker doesn't bring a heck of a lot to the table going by his recent past, although he says he's a much improved fighter with a great camp.
Another sluggish victory for JJ is the only result I can foresee over twelve rounds.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 23 Sep 2022, 5:50 pm

I reckon the most likely outcome is a points victory for Joe Joyce, jabbing his way to victory, frustrating Parker with his reach advantage.  Maybe he stops Parker in the later rounds.  I guess Parker is going to have to work very hard, with his movement, evading the jab and getting to Joyce on the inside.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 23 Sep 2022, 9:18 pm

Joyce may be slow, but boy can he take a shot. Dubois laid some huge shots on him and it barely moved him. Parker does not have the power to trouble that chin. And it's extremely unlikely that Parker will suddenly find a set of dancing feet.

Joyce will, as Bertie says, establish himself behind his Ramrod jab and bust up Parker's face at range. His punches don't look that powerful but there is a lot of power behind them. Joyce by TKO 9, with Parker a blood soaked mess.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Fri 23 Sep 2022, 9:29 pm

When I said sluggish in my description above that was meant as a compliment - he will do exactly what he's known to do, plough on like The Terminator. I have long stated that he's been way overlooked and could end up a "sleeper" champ.
Only a very technical fighter is going to elude him, and as said above, to beat him you've got to be an impressive big lump yourself. Should the Fury/Usyk era end sooner rather than later, he's got a cakewalk to a few belts in my view.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 24 Sep 2022, 11:03 am

271 ??...Nearly 20 stone..

Disgraceful

Going to be a stinker..I'll wash my hair instead.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 25 Sep 2022, 12:14 am

Joyce gets the stoppage, which is a nice feather in his cap. But that looked like two drunks swinging at each other in the car park of your local boozer for long stretches.

Credit to Parker for sticking in there as long as he did, he's a tough guy which we knew already. But even though he won the first round you could tell straight away he didn't have a chance fighting like that. Zero defence, fighting in spurts, practically turning his back at times to buy breathers, never looked like he could mix up his approach at all. Obviously came in very heavy and he looked extra sluggish as a result.

I don't care how good Joyce's chin is, if he fights like that against someone like Wilder he's in trouble and probably getting levelled. Almost criminal that a world class Heavyweight gives up so many cheap shots like that, especially as the shots he was eating weren't even being intelligently set up or delivered with any great speed or technique. Parker was winging those rights hands up from his bootlaces and they still landed frequently.

He's hard as nails himself, has a great engine and a decent array of shots at times but he's still predictable, slow and wide open. He'll get generally better reviews than the one I've given him, but I don't see him beating any of Fury, Usyk or Wilder on that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

rapidringsroad likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 25 Sep 2022, 8:16 am

You'd think Wilder gets him eventually, but Wilder visibly gassed against Fury in the second and third fights. Joyce is as big as Fury at the scale and his fights are generally fought at a faster pace. Maybe Wilder lands a big right, but I don't see why Joyce couldn't potentially grind him down with the pace of the fight.

Think he chases shadows all night vs Fury and he's already chased shadows vs Usyk, so he loses those two. But I think he has a chance vs AJ and Wilder, so I think he's got a chance at lifting a belt in the next few years once the belts split again.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Sep 2022, 8:17 am

Times have changed.. Old days you needed a win over Weaver or Bonecrusher to get a shot..

Now you can weigh 20 stone and feast on a stinker that lucked out against Hughie Fury.

Joyce is a walking chin...Saying that he probably beats AJ not sure about Wilder or Whyte though....

Feed Chisora to him.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 25 Sep 2022, 10:38 pm

Joyce is not a concussive puncher like AJ used to be or Wilder is. He's an accumulative puncher with a good engine that just does not stop. As he has 270lbs of steel in his chin he's not exactly spent much time on the "how to block punches without using your face" section of the boxer's handbook.

Fury would likely fight him from range and Usyk would use his speed. I am not so certain about Wilder doing a Breazeale on him though. As I stated above, Dubois punches VERY hard, and his fists bounced off Joyce's head. It would have to be a perfect shot that knocks Joyce over.

He isn't perfect by any means, but it's a decent win for him, and stopping Parker is something nobody else has done, AJ & Ruiz included. I'd like to see Joe take on Fat Andy.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 25 Sep 2022, 11:06 pm

Wilder broke his hand against Tyson Fury in the third fight. If Wilder breaks his hand on Joyce's chin and Joyce is still standing then Joyce will probably win. Wilder will probably get to Joyce in round 1 so either Joyce gets knocked out or Wilder's hand gets broken.

I can't see Usyk hurting Joyce but would be expected to build up a lead before Joyce gets to him and maybe stops him - he is a Juggernaut.

Against AJ I don't know - AJ could get Joyce on an accumulation of punches - but then again Joyce could get to AJ like Ruiz did in the first fight.

Fury against Joyce - I don't know. They weigh about the same so Fury won't be able to man handle Joyce.

I don't know whether Joyce's face might cut against AJ or Fury - they will likely be able to hit him fairly easily, but Joyce has a decent jab and posture but his movement is slow.

Joyce is 37 but hasn't fought much at professional level.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down